45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Born Again

23 51.11%
  • Bark At The Moon

22 48.89%

Default Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 3 Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

GO!

This one's a little more difficult for me, but still going with Born Again.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Born Again via No Contest. [Bark at the Moon never made it to the fight!]
    Tony Iommi Fact #021
    Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Bark at the Moon via default (Born Again retired hurt)

Seriously, excepting moderately liking maybe just 2 songs, max, on Born Again, I always found BA to be extremely sucky, overall.

Bark at the Moon was a 50/50 affair for me; I liked half the songs and disliked the other half.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

This is a blowout. BATM represents a slight dip in quality in Ozzy's solo output from Blizzard and DOAM. I saw him on the tour supporting the album, and he was (as usual for that time frame) excellent. After that, though, I think Ozzy went south extremely fast. I bought BA the day it was released, and saw Sabbath on that tour. The live show was entertaining. The album, however, is absolutely horrendous.

Round 4 of this bout should be entertaining.

Bark was OK, but certainly falls well below my top 3 post-Sabbath Ozzy records. Born Again I felt more was like something of a super-band cross between Sabbath and Purple. Most definitely Born Again was not an equal to a lot of other Sabbath efforts, but I personally prefer it to Bark.
    Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
    I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
    There's just one thing to say, after all.

Bark at The Moon for me.I am a Jake fan!

Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero, Thrashed, Born Again, Digital B, etc... Vs Fart at the Moon? There is no contest. It is what it is.

I don't like either of these that much but I'll go with Bark At The Moon just becasue the title track is cooler than anything on BA.

For me it's easily Born Again. Hell, I like Born Again more than Mob Rules (no, I'm not crazy).

Bark at the Moon has a lot of forgetable tracks. I like the title track, but I had to go into my Itunes playlist and refresh my memory ( I do own the CD but haven't listened to it in a LONG time). I listened to "You're No Different" and "Waiting for Darkness", both of which I like, but the rest I don't really care for.

There's not a track I really hate on Born Again (that's pretty rare with me) but I could do without Stonehenge. Keep It Warm is also sort of a weak track, although I do like it.

First two rounds tough, this one easy. Come on people, Bark is a WAY better album.

Bark at the Moon. I was never a fan of Born Again

Born Again. Ian’s vocal chords were never the same after this album. Don't trash this album just because Ward spilled his diet coke on the console.

Born Again for sure. I'm a big fan of the album and I think every song on the album is just great. Although I cannot say the same about Bark At The Moon; there's only like a couple tracks on the whole album that I find to be good at all.

The riffs on Born Again are killer, drumming is awesome, bass is awesome and vocals are totally awesome. Great album! Born Again!

Born Again. Although Jake E. Lee is an excellent guitarist, Born Again sounds harder.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

as a 15 year old, I prefered Bark, but as a grown man, Born Again.
    The songs on Bark are well crafted and original, but didn't age that well. I stopped listening to it a few years after its release, and cringe when I hear some.
    Born Again is overall darker and harder to approach. Some songs are crap and it sounds like shit, but I can still enjoy a thorough listen of the whole thing once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BooSweeney View Post
    For me it's easily Born Again. Hell, I like Born Again more than Mob Rules (no, I'm not crazy).
    Born Again (Studio) is my third most favorite Black Sabbath album. Played live is another story.

Voted Bark At The Moon, love Born Again though.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Born Again.

Ted

Bark at the Moon

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

While Bark at the Moon could not match Blizzard and Diary, I rate it higher than Born Again.

Bark At The Moon, the album, song and video that started my love and obsession for Ozzy, how could I vote for anything else other than Bark At The Moon? Unless it were Blizzard, Diary, Speak Of The Devil or a Ozzy/Sabbath album, I cannot and will not.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-12-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Bark At The Moon

'Bark at the Moon' is an absolute classic and I much prefer it over the admittedly very cool 'Born Again'.

The 'Bark at the Moon' album is part of the classic era Ozzy that in my books is significantly more entertaining and enduring than the equivalent Black Sabbath material of the time.

Jake E Lee, Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey and Ozzy. A great line-up for a killer album, excellently produced by Max Norman. In contrast, probably my favourite thing about 'Born Again' are the stories of the parties at the mansion where they were rehearsing, including when Gillan drove Bill's car into the lake.

This one, is a tough choice. Bark At The Moon, is the best Ozzy's solo album for me while Born Again, is one of my favorites also because of Gillan's collaboaration with the band. I like Black Sabbath, i like Deep Purple so this collaboration is a dream coming true. But, i have to admit that the Born Again album, had its weaknesses. Its not the muddy production. I'm not excited by it but it doesn't bother me either. It would be a perfect album, if it didnt had Digital Bitch and Keep It Warm. Those two songs, make the album lose enough points.

But, the albums strong moments, blow away anything on BATM. Disturbing the priest, Zero The Hero and Born Again, are the main reasons that my pick on this debate, is the Born Again album. Those three songs, overshadow everything on the BATM album. I consider this album as Ozzy's best but, i can't deny the fact that this Sabbath's effort is strong and maybe, one of the last Sabbath's great moments. So, for now, is

Sabbath 3
    Ozzy 0

Hmmm... I'd have to say Bark At The Moon has a slight edge over Born Again. I give the former 3.5 stars (out of five), while the latter would get three stars. Both are pretty solid overall.

Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    Hmmm... I'd have to say Bark At The Moon has a slight edge over Born Again. I give the former 3.5 stars (out of five), while the latter would get three stars. Both are pretty solid overall.
    Good to see you back Sab Historian.