Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default Zakk is out of the Ozzy band apparently

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Looks like Zakk found this out through the internet himself...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=123403

Was'nt really that interested in the new Ozzy album but this does make it a bit more intriguing.
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Priest View Post
    Looks like Zakk found this out through the internet himself...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=123403

I suppose the Ozzy fanbois are ok with this? Wow. Sharon has no soul.

(not about Zak's firing. it's the way it is being handled... typical Osbourne shite)
    May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

His band needs a fresh sound, and Zakk can't get him there, really.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Well, the fact that Zakk seems to have found out through the internet that hes being replaced sucks. Ive been saying for awhile that Zakk needs to leave the Ozzy gig behind. This will give him more time for Black Label Society, and at the same time it might change up Ozzy's sound on his new album. Zakk himself said in an interview that if you put ozzy's vocals on a B.L.S. album you get another Ozzy album, so I think the change will be good for Ozzy's album. Maybe it will bring some fresh ideas to the table... maybe. Then again it could all be bullshit, it's only about the 100th time it's been said that Zakk is leaving.
    Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
    - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Banned

All I can say is:

FUCKING SWEET.

Zakk is hands-down my least favorite guitarist playing music right now (aside from maybe Angus Young), so it's nice to know that Ozzy is getting a replacement.

I'm gonna buy the new album, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt View Post
    All I can say is:

FUCKING SWEET.

Zakk is hands-down my least favorite guitarist playing music right now (aside from maybe Angus Young), so it's nice to know that Ozzy is getting a replacement.
    +1 On all this, however, I'm not so sure that I'll buy one his new album.
    Actually, I'm sure I won't.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Wow. Sharon has no soul.
    No soul. What a surprise.

Zakk is a good player, but repetitive. John 5?

Really, how "fresh" can even the best player make Ozzy sound at this stage in his life?

Interesting to say how he's moved on from slagging Dio...
    He is not here. He has risen!

Ozzy actually is lucid enough to express himself in an ACTUAL INTERVIEW?

Does his owner know he actually got loose long to speak for himself?

I still am shocked to read that he has the ability form thoughts and and speak them.. It sure would've been nice if he'd have spoken for himself more between 1997-2005 but WHATEVER!!

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

I hope Ozzy finds someone better to replace Zakk instead of John 5. That guy is terrible in my opinion.

More likely than not, Sharon turns the new guitarist search into a television show, an "American Idol" type contest.......

May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

IMHO, Zakk Wylde should have left Ozzy's Band when the Lawsuit against Tony Iommi came out. Not out of solidarity, but just out of common sense, to preserve his own name clean out of that $h*t.

Now it's late, and $haron kicked him out without a memo!

Well Zakk, perhaps you can join now "Living Loud". That'd make quite an interesting Band...
    You and I, Victims of this World, as the Masters of Power try to poison our World.
    Greed, Money's taken over their Souls, they're just Mechanical Brains.
    Politicians don't know, they just don't!
    Know... Know... Know...

Banned

Well after all the Black Sabbath bullshit I really don't give a flying fuck about Ozzy anymore, but I truly feel bad for Zakk...being let go like this is just bloody wrong. Not to mention he's an amazing guitarrist and the main reason for Ozzy's shows doing as well as they have. He put life into most of the song even when Ozzy was totally unable to do so...

Well Ozzy's done, there is no question about that...screw him.

SWEET -

Zakk has been playing the same annoying riff (vibrato) for the last decade.... I still have NO HOPE OZZY will create anything that compares to his first 4 solo albums..

hey - maybe ozzy can call Lee K. And Bob D. ? I think Bob Daisley is Ozzy's only hope for another intersting album.... Since all of OZZY's solo success was directly related to Bob and Randy (god rest his soul)....

Ozzy can't create anything "alone" - His novelty is wearing thin -- Nobody cares that he pissed on the alamo. ate a bats head, snorted ants --- It is all old news and the man is now old and boring....

Quote Originally Posted by EzraCobb View Post
    SWEET -

hey - maybe ozzy can call Lee K. And Bob D. ? I think Bob Daisley is Ozzy's only hope for another intersting album.... Since all of OZZY's solo success was directly related to Bob and Randy (god rest his soul)....
    Do you really think Daisly would work with Ozzy after the way Sharoz screwed him?
    May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

Do you really think Daisly would work with Ozzy after the way Sharoz screwed him?
    NO.

Bob Daisley is no fool, and far too gifted of a musician for them anyway.

The only way he should ever work with them again is if they'd be willing to walk the full length of Daisley's native Australia to apologise to him publicly for the way they've screwed him repeatedly.

Since Living Loud doesn't appear to be a going concern anymore, Daisley needs to find a niche for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    Really, how "fresh" can even the best player make Ozzy sound at this stage in his life?
    True. I think the fact is that Ozzy isn't likely to put out a good solo album again. But in fairness to Zakk, he really hasn't since Bark at the Moon anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    True. I think the fact is that Ozzy isn't likely to put out a good solo album again. But in fairness to Zakk, he really hasn't since Bark at the Moon anyways.
    BATM was Jake E. Lee.........
    May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

Paul Gilbert would be a far better pick then john 5.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I think the only good album zakk and ozzy did was No rest for the wicked. Everything after that was mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraCobb View Post
    SWEET -

Now that's a good idea bringing in Daisley & Lee. I bought Black Rain (Japan 12 songs) but didn't buy all the different sets. The music was OK but I was much more fired up with the Dio Years, Radio City, and Rules of Hell where I bought the Radio Samplers, Tour Editions, Deluxe Rhino sets, DVD, Tshirt, and cigarette/lighter case.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtowner View Post
    Paul Gilbert would be a far better pick then john 5.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I think the only good album zakk and ozzy did was No rest for the wicked. Everything after that was mediocre.
    Actually, I prefer "No More Tears" a lot more, but it's true that Zakk should have been gone after that. He can't seem to be able to renew himself.

And for Ozzy, hiring John 5 is really a wrong choice too. Everything Ozzy has been releasing since 10 years was about the same blend of Hard Rock with a touch of boring Industrial rythms, and I don't really see how hiring a guy who can't play anything but boring Industrial sounding rythm riffs will help. Ozzy needs someone to bring the Blues and Rock'n'Roll in his music, someone like a younger Jake E Lee (Jake has been out of the circuit for too long. As much as I love his style, I'm afraid he won't have the energy needed left in him).
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

I have the john 5 solo album and it sucks. Nothing amazing or new for that matter. He isn't doing anything new that a 15 year old trying out a guitar in a music store can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Actually, I prefer "No More Tears" a lot more, but it's true that Zakk should have been gone after that. He can't seem to be able to renew himself.

And for Ozzy, hiring John 5 is really a wrong choice too. Everything Ozzy has been releasing since 10 years was about the same blend of Hard Rock with a touch of boring Industrial rythms, and I don't really see how hiring a guy who can't play anything but boring Industrial sounding rythm riffs will help. Ozzy needs someone to bring the Blues and Rock'n'Roll in his music, someone like a younger Jake E Lee (Jake has been out of the circuit for too long. As much as I love his style, I'm afraid he won't have the energy needed left in him).
    well spoken as usual. I definitely agree that he needs a more blues guitarist. IMO the metal scene in general would improve if a lot of bands messed around with some blues and old school rock n' roll
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

BATM was Jake E. Lee.........
    Exactly my point. Ozzy hasn't put out a good solo effort since BATM. You can't blame that on Zakk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    Exactly my point. Ozzy hasn't put out a good solo effort since BATM. You can't blame that on Zakk.
    nah, I think it was when Daisley was replaced by Inez. I love everything Daisley was a part of
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

So finally it happened, all this time I explained in this forum about Ozzy needing a replacement. This is a good news for Ozzy and this would certainly make difference in what we were listening to all these years that same shit from Zak.

But the question is that will the new album feature recordings of Zak, if yes then the album would be no different from what we have been listening, robotic kind of music.

And if the new album features new guitarist then the album would be worth waiting for.

While it's true Ozzy needs a new guitar player, I still won't buy his solo material anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

"While he's at it, Ozzy should replace himself."

Now, THAT's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Not to mention he's an amazing guitarrist and the main reason for Ozzy's shows doing as well as they have.
    Not really sure about that.
    Apart from BLS fans most people who go to Ozzy gigs are there to see Ozzy, its always been the case, wether it was Randy, Bernie Torme, Jake E Lee, Zakk Wylde, Joe Holmes or whoever, people wanna see Ozzy, regardless of how fucked up he may be.
    His concerts have always been attended well. People have often said "Whatever he does be better not lose that guitarist or else his careers fucked" and yet they get replaced and his career carries on as normal.
    Well thats the general impression I get from speaking to fans.

Personally, I don't see this as a big deal. I don't think Ozzy's done anything worthwhile in years and neither has Zakk. I don't think it matters who replaces Zakk. Ozzy wants to do slick-sounding, mainstream "heavy metal" that hasn't sounded fresh in years and will want a guitarist who satisfies those desires.

I'm not really bothered by the way Zakk found out either. So he found out on the internet...dig deal. Didn't Tony Martin not learn he was out of Sabbath until the reunion with Ozzy was announced? It's hardly typical Osbourne shite, as one person put it, this stuff happens all the time in the music industry. It's not like Ozzy is a band, anyway, it's a solo project with a bunch of guys who are contracted to do recording and/or touring. This time, they aren't going to sign Zakk back up (or so they claim; this has been announced before...). I don't think it's a big deal. Now Zakk can concentrate on pretending that BLS is a biker gang or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingChrist View Post
    Personally, I don't see this as a big deal. I don't think Ozzy's done anything worthwhile in years and neither has Zakk.
    Agreed.

Didn't Tony Martin not learn he was out of Sabbath until the reunion with Ozzy was announced?
    Close. Toward the end of the Forbidden tour (which actually did quite well outside the U.S., though Martin has said he was miserable) TM tried to pin down the management (Phil Banfield, I think) about what was going on and he was told "the band will not be continuing in the same format." A nicely vague way for your employer to tell you your position is being eliminated.

Tony Martin has often complained that he could never get straight answers from Iommi or his staff. I don't blame him for being pissed-off.

TM said that it was after the reunion was announced that he knew it was the end of Sabbath for him, but he'd had suspicions for a long time, so I don't think he was too surprised.

It's not like Ozzy is a band, anyway, it's a solo project with a bunch of guys who are contracted to do recording and/or touring.
    It was initially supposed to be a band called Blizzard Of Ozz. That ended when $haron shitcanned Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. But, yes, Ozzy is a solo artist. I don't think Ritchie Blackmore ever got too emotional about the many times he sacked someone from Rainbow. When you're working with someone like Ozzy, Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, David Coverdale or Ronnie James Dio, even though it gives appearances of a "band," it's one guy with players who are under contract.

Ozzy said as far back as 1985, "only I will be permanent. Nobody else will." I think he hardened into that position after Randy Rhoads was killed.

Now Zakk can concentrate on pretending that BLS is a biker gang or whatever.
    I saw Ozzy with Zakk on his "retirement" tour. Ozzy claimed that night onstage that he had the 'flu...whether or not that was true or not (or if he was looped), Zakk did most of the audience banter. Basically all that involved was him pouring cans of beer on himself, talking about how much he could drink, and hangover stories. My friend and I thought, "man, save it!"

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AngryHeart View Post
    While it's true Ozzy needs a new guitar player, I still won't buy his solo material anymore.
    I wouldn't have anyway. The last Ozzy album I bought as a new release was No Rest For The Wicked, which to me was his last album that was consistently good all the way through.

Haha, 20 bucks - I say he's back in again by tomorrow... if he was ever "out".
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by David86 View Post
    You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

You're on. It will end up "mutually agreed" that the two go separate ways. Although Zakk has already recorded material for Ozzy's new album, and Ozzy may keep some of it or even keep working with Zakk to finish whats there. Seems like a waste of time to throw it all away and start from square one with a new guitarist. Hope you know what you're doing, Ozz.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Yawn ! Wake me up when theres some great news we all would enjoy !
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House View Post
    Yawn ! Wake me up when theres some great news we all would enjoy !
    I'm afraid you're gonna have to hibernate then!

I'm afraid you're gonna have to hibernate then!

My vicodone will keep me in check ! lol
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    You're on. It will end up "mutually agreed" that the two go separate ways. Although Zakk has already recorded material for Ozzy's new album, and Ozzy may keep some of it or even keep working with Zakk to finish whats there. Seems like a waste of time to throw it all away and start from square one with a new guitarist. Hope you know what you're doing, Ozz.
    My guess is Zakk wanted a raise and $haron got so bent out of shape at the very thought that this is what Zakk got in return for his 20 years of service.

Let's see ... sue Iommi, fire Zakk ... what's next?

It's kinda useless to talk about this much until it's for sure or not. Could all be miss understanding or even oz was joking. I have a radio interview with oz from 2001 saying that he was replacing zakk. With the guitarist for the Spice Girls.
    Pain and Poison Roses