Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    If Ozzy finds a way to bring Randy back I will be interested...
    LOL I think I'd be a little more than "interested"
    -rar

I think he fucked up when he let Jake E Lee go. I think ozzys problem is he's still living in the memory of randy and he actually holds back his guitarist. Zakk was avery capable guitarist electric and acoustic wise and ozzy has never really taken advantage of his tallent properly. I recall zakk interviews where he would say ozzy would say think about how randy would play this part and do it. Maybe ozzy thought he was inspiring but shit like that just holds you back. Even Iommi stated that ozzy doesn't allow his guitarist to be inovative. He holds them back. I think he's searching for the ghost of randy.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtowner View Post
    I think he fucked up when he let Jake E Lee go. I think ozzys problem is he's still living in the memory of randy and he actually holds back his guitarist. Zakk was avery capable guitarist electric and acoustic wise and ozzy has never really taken advantage of his tallent properly. I recall zakk interviews where he would say ozzy would say think about how randy would play this part and do it. Maybe ozzy thought he was inspiring but shit like that just holds you back. Even Iommi stated that ozzy doesn't allow his guitarist to be inovative. He holds them back. I think he's searching for the ghost of randy.
    With his track record as a solo artist I'm suspicious of his relationship with Randy at the time of his death. At one point they were very close, no doubt, but toward the end, once Randy made it clear he was going to pursue other fields of music, I can't imagine there was total harmony. Don't forget that Randy was sleeping with Sharon around this time as well! Talk about a love triangle from hell.

Its a set of different circumstances with Zakk. They've made some great music together, but maybe a change is for the best, for both of them.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    With his track record as a solo artist I'm suspicious of his relationship with Randy at the time of his death. At one point they were very close, no doubt, but toward the end, once Randy made it clear he was going to pursue other fields of music, I can't imagine there was total harmony. Don't forget that Randy was sleeping with Sharon around this time as well! Talk about a love triangle from hell.

Its a set of different circumstances with Zakk. They've made some great music together, but maybe a change is for the best, for both of them.
    While Ozzy may not have been THE closest with Randy towards the end, look at what Randy brought him. Randy was hugely involved in writing some great songs for Ozzy. Ozzy was extremely close to Randy at one time, and he owes a lot of his solo success to Randy if you think about it. So in the event of his death, no doubt this hit Ozzy hard and he has always wanted his career to be like it was with Randy. I mean I don't know how deep Ozzy is lol but I think it's a thought worth considering...
    -rar

The rumors are telling that Zakk Wylde is out, and Gus G. (Firewind) is in.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=124983

Only a rumour, but I think it'll be interesting to get a young, new guitar player in there. Perhaps change up the music. I'll definitely look into Ozzy's next album. Never did look into his last one.
    -rar

Quote Originally Posted by rar View Post
    I'll definitely look into Ozzy's next album. Never did look into his last one.

You're not missing much - it was worse than Ozzmosis.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryHeart View Post
    You're not missing much - it was worse than Ozzmosis.
    That's what I figured. I knew it couldn't be anything great.
    -rar

Ozzy was extremely close to Randy at one time, and he owes a lot of his solo success to Randy if you think about it.
    He owes virtually all of it to Randy, as well as Bob Daisley. I suspect there's a lot of people like me who were teens or "tweens" when Blizzard was released and actually got into "vintage" Sabbath because of interest in Ozzy's first 2 solo albums. That's not to say Ozzy didn't have success with Sabbath. But after TE and NSD, if he had released, say, Ozzmosis in 1980 I think Ozzy's solo career would have followed a very different trajectory. Releasing 2 absolutely classic albums in the space of 1 year pretty much guaranteed there'd always be some interest in Ozzy's post-Sabbath music. Since Ozzy hasn't even come close to equalling those 2 albums, I think you have to look at Ozzy's chief songwriters from that period as deserving of a lot (but not all) of the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    He owes virtually all of it to Randy, as well as Bob Daisley. I suspect there's a lot of people like me who were teens or "tweens" when Blizzard was released and actually got into "vintage" Sabbath because of interest in Ozzy's first 2 solo albums. That's not to say Ozzy didn't have success with Sabbath. But after TE and NSD, if he had released, say, Ozzmosis in 1980 I think Ozzy's solo career would have followed a very different trajectory. Releasing 2 absolutely classic albums in the space of 1 year pretty much guaranteed there'd always be some interest in Ozzy's post-Sabbath music. Since Ozzy hasn't even come close to equalling those 2 albums, I think you have to look at Ozzy's chief songwriters from that period as deserving of a lot (but not all) of the credit.
    Right I agree completely. I wasn't trying to diminish Daisley's role in it either, I was focusing that post on Randy though.

What you say in your post makes complete sense though. He released 2 classic albums in the span of a year, thanks to the great songwriting team that was there, and as a result people always pay attention to his music. Lately he's also been quite popular with his reality shows, commercials, and even his personality. I can't recall how many times I've heard people talk about Ozzy and make fun of his seeming lack of the ability to form proper sentences. All of this makes him very popular in the general public, and as a result there's very few people who don't know who Ozzy Osbourne is.

Plus Sharon is on that America's Got Talent show, on which she is often identified as "Ozzy Osbourne's wife" so he gets more recognition because of that too.

But those initial albums really saved him after Sabbath, and I think Randy had a lot to do with that (along with Daisley of course) and as a result Ozzy would miss what Randy brought him, and I think he'd compare people to Randy in the future. That being said, he kind've shot down Daisley, so what's the difference there?

I really don't know what goes through Ozzy's head so I won't pretend to lol..
    -rar

But those initial albums really saved him after Sabbath, and I think Randy had a lot to do with that (along with Daisley of course) and as a result Ozzy would miss what Randy brought him, and I think he'd compare people to Randy in the future. That being said, he kind've shot down Daisley, so what's the difference there?

I really don't know what goes through Ozzy's head so I won't pretend to lol..
    Don't feel bad. Zakk and Daisley almost definitely don't either. And as I've said elsewhere, although I won't miss Wylde, you can't place the blame on him for Ozzy not having a really solid solo ALBUM since BATM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    Don't feel bad. Zakk and Daisley almost definitely don't either. And as I've said elsewhere, although I won't miss Wylde, you can't place the blame on him for Ozzy not having a really solid solo ALBUM since BATM.
    Right. I'm sure Zakk is accomplishing what he wants with his own band, I don't think it's up to him to carry Ozzy through.
    -rar

If Gus G is their new guitarist than I suppose he is very talented guitarist.

I wonder if Zakk will still show up for the BlizzCon convention confused?
    if its is true about gus g thats much better then that turd john 5.
    Last edited by fishtowner; 08-16-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Eh, he's good. Plays a lot of notes really fast. But still sounds like all the rest of the guys out there right now. Nothing that distinguishes himself from the rest. Say what you want about Zakk he's an original.

Also Gus could just be doing this one gig. Like when Ozz gave Skolnick a try for a week or so.

It will be interesting to see what develops at least.

I'm happy that Ozzy took another player with him finally,I was tired of Zakk since DTE to be honest,the only thing i'm not fond of is the way it happened with Ozzy bullshitting Zakk.Now I've heard that Ozzy signed a 3 record deal a couple of months ago so let's hope for 3 kickass records before the prince of darkness retires.
    Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
    Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
    My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
    I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
    Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

Finally.

So now we have another record to look forward to. I do at least. Ozzy with a different guitar player for the first time in 20+ years. (Holmes toured but no record)

I now officially owe Damian 20 bucks
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Keep in mind no official statement has been made by Sharon. The guy hasn't been confirmed officially. Also keep in mind what just happened with Anthrax. David I'd say hang onto that $$ until the album is out.

I cheked out firewinds between heaven and hell album and I'll admit that gus g has some chops. But i already belive i heard this stuff in the 80's. This band sounds very much like Impellitteri with Grahm Bonnet. It's nothing new and amazing. Maybe with some good producer working with ozzy they will be able to rein this guy in and get something exciting out of this guy. I just found this album stale and boring.

So the official statement has been made. But only about this one gig. And Zakk is apparently busier then he thought he was.

OZZY OSBOURNE's official web site has been updated with the following announcement:

"Ozzy will be performing [on Saturday, August 22] at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon '09. However, due to [longtime OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist] Zakk Wylde's current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and [longtime OZZY drummer] Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. [FIREWIND] and drummer Tommy Clufetos [ROB ZOMBIE, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT] for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob 'Blasko' Nicholson (bass; ex-ROB ZOMBIE) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=125680

Looks like mike borden is outta the band too. I wonder if he knows it? Do you think he has some confussion about the situation?

I love how they spun the situation to make it look like Zakk was suddenly too busy to play at the show. I think its alittle foolish to at first outright say I'm tired of Zakk's guitar playing I want someone new, and then change it to, Zakk is too busy with Black Label we had to get a new guitarist. Obviously they dont want to admit straight forward that Zakk is out and also possibly Mike Bordin. Like this is gonna help Ozzy's next album anyways. I'll just say this, the only way I'll get excited for this album is if Bob Daisley writes the songs, oh wait thats never gonna happen again. I'll definitely check the album out, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
    - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Quote Originally Posted by devstorm View Post
    So the official statement has been made. But only about this one gig. And Zakk is apparently busier then he thought he was.

OZZY OSBOURNE's official web site has been updated with the following announcement:

"Ozzy will be performing [on Saturday, August 22] at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon '09. However, due to [longtime OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist] Zakk Wylde's current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and [longtime OZZY drummer] Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. [FIREWIND] and drummer Tommy Clufetos [ROB ZOMBIE, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT] for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob 'Blasko' Nicholson (bass; ex-ROB ZOMBIE) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=125680
    From this it seems that it's saying only for this performance, but at the same time...Ozzy has already stated he wants someone knew, and the fact that he said Zakk is suddenly too busy...

Odd.
    -rar

And we also have to look at zakk's recent comments on ozzy original comment where zakk said everythings cool we are doing the blizcon convention this month. So zakk had plans to play this and i'm sure he didn't accidentally book some black lable society dates that day.

Ozzy should try to get Nine-year-old guitar prodigy Yuto Miyazawa to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    Ozzy should try to get Nine-year-old guitar prodigy Yuto Miyazawa to play for him.
    +1...... then again could you imagine his girlfriend/mother, would they become another yoko! lol, then you guys would be bitching about sharon and yoko mk 2!! lol
    SDMF - CEMS for life!