46. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Devil You Know

43 93.48%
  • Black Rain

3 6.52%

Default Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

TDYN for me.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Pretty easy choice, Black Rain makes Forbidden look like a good album so yeah TDYK for me.

cwilder, you might be shocked and happy to see, (miracle or not) that I finally gave in to your fan-crowd, on this round

TDYK is a dead duck disc. Black Rain, though, is an abomination, all round.

I'm sticking with the devil I loathe less. :tongue: ....TDYK, for me. LOL
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by RLP4ever View Post
    cwilder, you might be shocked and happy to see, (miracle or not) that I finally gave in to your fan-crowd, on this round

TDYK is a dead duck disc. Black Rain, though, is an abomination, all round.

I'm sticking with the devil I loathe less. :tongue: ....TDYK, for me. LOL
    OMFG! RLP votes for Ozzless Sabbath!
    Tony Iommi Fact #021
    Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Quote Originally Posted by geekwrestler View Post
    OMFG! RLP votes for Ozzless Sabbath!
    And who told ya that TDYK is Sabbath, eh?
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

The Devil You Know.

Final Count:

BS 5
    Ozzy 3
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Why does everyone think that BR is THAT bad? It's not good but at least it has its entertaining moments. TDYK is just a barking and riffs. No songs, no melodies.

you're absolutely right! It isn't. It's .... on and on and on ... Heaven and Hell!

TDYK for sure!

I personally love TDYK and really don't understand all the hate for it. It's like a mixture of all three of the Dio albums when you think about it so I don't understand what the hate is about. Black Rain was a horrible album that was nothing but BLS-Lite and BLS sucks for the most part so yeah.

The riffs on TDYK > Riffs on BR by a billion miles. TDYK is a great album while BR is a bad album, simple as that.

Not even a competition, Black Rain downright sucked!

Let's give credit where it's due. This is the first time Ozzy gets crushed. Between "Dio Sabbath" and Ozzy solo, it was 2-1 before this. Ozzy dropped a photo finish in round 1, he wins what is essentially a tie in round 2, and Sabbath won round 6 but almost by default (Dehumanizer isn't great, but it's better than NMT). What's interesting is that the quality of Dio Sabbath's output stays somewhat consistent over the last 30 years (recognizing that there are only 4 studio albums released in that time period). Perhaps unsurprisingly, Ozzy was like watching a firework go off.

Black Rain isn't that bad, it's actually cool if you use it for background music and just ignore it. I enjoy Civilize the Universe, Lay Your World on me, and Here for You., they are "B" songs but what the hell. Not Going Away, Silver and Black Rain are ok, not total dissasters. The rest of the songs are garbage - the CD collapses from there on.

I voted for The Devil You Know. I like the first 8 songs. The last two are marginal but tolerable (Neverwhere and Breaking Into Heaven).

Cwilder. The topic reads:
    Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Tony Iommi Fact #021
    Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

^AHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but that was damn funny to me.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

TDYK. Easy.

5-3 Sabbath, although a few of the contests were quite close.

Quote Originally Posted by geekwrestler View Post
    Cwilder. The topic reads:
    Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Oh yea, but then cwilder would probably even call a band with (anybody BUT Ozzy) or ok, Tony Iommi and his accountant, lawyer and publicist, Black Sabbath. Come to think of it, Tony needs 'em all, especially now.

Final score-card: Ozzy 7--Black Sabbath/H&H 1
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 07-27-2009 at 07:25 AM.

err.... this is your personal score, right?!

Oh yea, but then cwilder would probably even call a band with (anybody BUT Ozzy) or ok, Tony Iommi and his accountant, lawyer and publicist, Black Sabbath. Come to think of it, Tony needs 'em all, especially now.

But voting on a poll made by Cwilder based on his own opinions as you say, still is sorta begrudgingly admitting Heaven and Hell IS Black Sabbath. If you wanted to deny it, you would have said "This isn't Sabbath, I won't vote!"

Oh and Tony Iommi, His Accountant, Lawyer and Publicist still pwn Ozzy!

My score: Black Sabbath 7 Ozzy 0 Tie 1 [Mob / Diary]
    Tony Iommi Fact #021

The Devil You Know without question

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    Not even a competition, Black Rain downright sucked!

indeed

TDYK for me. It wasn't even a choice. I actually like all of Ozzy's solo stuff but Black Rain was just plain awful.

OMG! I can't believe that I voted different than RLP on this one! And I am amazed how lonesome it is on this side of the fence at the moment. But what the hell, I don't like crowds anyway.

I like both of these albums, I'm just giving a slight edge to BR. Not real sure why, it just worked out that way. Ask me who I would rather go see right now, and you'll get a much different answer.

Final
    Sabbath - 5
    Ozzy - 2
    Abstain - 1
    Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
    I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
    There's just one thing to say, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by nunoni
    err.... this is your personal score, right?!
    errr....yeah, right! That's the only score that I'd talk about, and the only one that I even care about.

Quote Originally Posted by geekwrestler
    But voting on a poll made by Cwilder based on his own opinions as you say, still is sorta begrudgingly admitting Heaven and Hell IS Black Sabbath. If you wanted to deny it, you would have said "This isn't Sabbath, I won't vote!"

Oh and Tony Iommi, His Accountant, Lawyer and Publicist still pwn Ozzy!

My score: Black Sabbath 7 Ozzy 0 Tie 1 [Mob / Diary]
    I'm not like China at the United Nations, you know. I don't like abstaining. cwilder's polls have been really fun to turn up at and vote, for whatever that's worth.

As for your final remark about Iommi and his pro allies 'owning' it over Ozzy, It is SO NOT true....But we shall see....Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzien82
    OMG! I can't believe that I voted different than RLP on this one! And I am amazed how lonesome it is on this side of the fence at the moment. But what the hell, I don't like crowds anyway.

I like both of these albums, I'm just giving a slight edge to BR. Not real sure why, it just worked out that way. Ask me who I would rather go see right now, and you'll get a much different answer.
    But hey buddy, I haven't really noticed, but did we vote similarly all this time? Anyway, I honestly felt let-down and deflated by Black Rain. Ha, on second thoughts, I probably should have abstained after all, and not given away a freebie vote to TDYK, when I don't even like that either. And yes, revel in your loneliness on this poll. Lol...I wouldn't mind being all alone in loving something that others don't.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 07-27-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Bigsmile

There is no contest The Devil You Know is the winner Black Rain was horrible in my opinion.
    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Voted, The Devil You Know.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

TDYK in a landslide

I'm really not very familiar with 'The Devil You Know', but I have a pretty strong feeling that it's better than 'Black Rain'.

By the way, isn't 'The Devil You Know' an album by Heaven and Hell? I thought we were looking at Sabbath albums

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    I'm really not very familiar with 'The Devil You Know', but I have a pretty strong feeling that it's better than 'Black Rain'.

By the way, isn't 'The Devil You Know' an album by Heaven and Hell? I thought we were looking at Sabbath albums
    Good one there Requiem, but we all know it's Black Sabbath, hence the devil you know title.

Black Rain has been on heavy rotation on my listening sprees, while definitely a great album I voted The Devil You Know as you can see my statement above, this album came out during a dark period in my life, this album is special to me and got me through some hard times and I'm a very sentimental person and keep certain memories good and bad with me and some albums as TDYK and others are reflections of these memories, so yeah I went with The Devil You Know.

The Devil You Know is a great and heavy as heck Dio/Sabbath album, and just a reminder that Ronnie could do make no bad record when getting back with that Sabbath lineup.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

No contest..... The Devil You Know by far.