Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What will happen with H&H after this tour ?

I really dunno what will they do after.
    "The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"

It's been said that Ronnie is off to do Magica 2 & 3

The other guys, who knows. Vinny will probably get involved in some other project, and Tony & Geezer might be taking a break.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

All good things have to end sadly.

In 2010 ~ i really really hope they do one more album and support it with a very limited World Tour (maybe 12 dates or so) I could see this appeasing all involved .

Quote Originally Posted by David86 View Post
    It's been said that Ronnie is off to do Magica 2 & 3

The other guys, who knows. Vinny will probably get involved in some other project, and Tony & Geezer might be taking a break.

I dont know about anyone else here but im JONESING for a solo Iommi tour with the great Glenn Hughes !
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House View Post
    I dont know about anyone else here but im JONESING for a solo Iommi tour with the great Glenn Hughes !
    I have a new album with Heaven and Hell on top of my list, but a tour from Iommi/Hughes would be a very good idea. I just would like to see only material from Iommi/Hughes during such a tour, that is: Seventh Star, the 1996 DEP Sessions, and Fused. And Hughes playing bass of course.
    You and I, Victims of this World, as the Masters of Power try to poison our World.
    Greed, Money's taken over their Souls, they're just Mechanical Brains.
    Politicians don't know, they just don't!
    Know... Know... Know...

Ozzy reunion, world tour filling stadiums

Magica 2+3, Dio fans happy

Maybe, just maybe, another H and H album, followed by another tour to back up the album? Once can hope, anyway.
    Life Member of the NRA

Dio - Magica 2 & 3
    Iommi - new solo record or take a break
    Geezer - maybe something new with GZR
    Vinny - don't know

I am really hoping for another H&H album. Magica would be cool, but let's be honest here: these four are always better together. TDYK is a great record; imagine what they can do now that they've warmed up!
    ---Life's fantasy: to be locked away and still to think you're free---

Banned

Hopefully they'll call it a day, or they'll be reduced to club gigs & there'd be no justice in that.

Dio will go back to Dio & I'll go back to his Rainbow & Sabbath glory days & ignore everything new

Tony & Geezer will probably kiss (ass) and make up with Ozzy... but I hope they don't... Tony & Glenn Hughes... I'd love to see that!

Vinny? - He's just a drummer... Who cares??

I think it's a good idea for them to take a short break, go back and work on their respective solo projects, get together at some point in the future and record a new album. I think for these guys to work together they need to keep the pressure off and not force anything.
    Sinister Realm-Traditional 80s Metal
    www.facebook.com/sinisterrealm

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaycare View Post
    Hopefully they'll call it a day, or they'll be reduced to club gigs & there'd be no justice in that.

Dio will go back to Dio & I'll go back to his Rainbow & Sabbath glory days & ignore everything new

Tony & Geezer will probably kiss (ass) and make up with Ozzy... but I hope they don't... Tony & Glenn Hughes... I'd love to see that!

Vinny? - He's just a drummer... Who cares??
    As good as Iommi /Hughes is, that would surely be a club tour. Sounds like LA & Phoenix were well attended gigs, so I think their US tour will be a sucess for them. I'd like to see then do another album, but take their time, and really workout a masterpiece, they proved at least on half of TDYK they can still do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    As good as Iommi /Hughes is, that would surely be a club tour.
    absolutely, but some things are fine in a club, and I'd love to see Iommi/ Hughes in an intimate venue. Where-as a club tour for H&H would signal abject failure.

- Dio returns to Dio for the Magica trilogy
    - Vinnie Appice returns to 3 legged dog
    - Tony Iommi will take a breather
    - Geezer will ... just be Geezer
    1 year later

Black Sabbath reforms ... original line-up? Different incarnation? New Members? I don't know the juices of imagination are always flowing

Never say never - Never say Die
    and no I'm not suggesting an Ozzy-Sabbath comeback (even though I would like to see that sometime before I die)

absolutely, but some things are fine in a club, and I'd love to see Iommi/ Hughes in an intimate venue. Where-as a club tour for H&H would signal abject failure.
    this is such a short-sighted business view of things; I don't know about Iommi and Co., but Dio performed for 300 as enthusiastically as he played for 30000, and he never ever talked about failure; given that he could have retired in 1986 and live of past earnings, and instead chose to continue to tour, and indeed to make world tours in small clubs often half empty, it does not seem that he ever measured failure or success in such terms. Actually, seems like it's the same for Iommi; after all, he could have made a lot more money with that Ozzy reunion and preferred the artistifally more appealing alternative.

You just wish for something, anything, to let you deam H&H "abject" or "failure". No such luck for you, hate-boy.

I will still be posting here, thanks for asking.......

Ok, so I am a smart alec.

No one is sure really. There has been talk of Magica 2 & 3 for Ronnie, which I believe he wants to do. However if the opportunity presents itself for another CD & Tour (meaning more $) who knows?
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nunoni View Post
    You just wish for something, anything, to let you deam H&H "abject" or "failure". No such luck for you, hate-boy.
    yet again nuoni you have taken something I've said COMPLETELY out of context. It seems you wait for me to say something you deem unpleasant about your precious Dio so you can drop your extremely childish 'hateboy' tag on me again. How sad. You did it when you misunderstood my comments about the Rainbow back catalog & you're doing it again now. It's very tiresome.

What I meant was that an act of H&H's stature should not be reduced to playing small clubs. That they don't deserve to be and that for the likes of THIS line-up to be doing that would be a failure... They're BIGGER than that and don't deserve that. Understand now?

As for your little 'hateboy' tag. It's untrue. I just see things differently to you. Let's face it, Dio could shit in a can, and you'd buy it. I have to actually see merit in something by ANY band to deem it worthy of my time, whether they were once my favorite band, or indeed are currently my favorite band... I can't just follow blindly along.

And despite all your accusations, I can almost guarantee you that I've traveled further than you to see a one off show by this line up... Sydney to New York to catch the Dehumanizer tour... to support an album I LOATHE... Just to see the band 'cos I loved the previous tours so much. That is not the act of someone who 'hates' your little Ronnie... It is the act of a music lover & someone who supports the bands he admires. I'm not the biggest fan of H&H's current output, or of Dio's recent career. I bought the CD, I bought an (unused) ticket to the NY show... Still supporting the band in a less active way... Certainly not hating anyone.

Now, I've explained myself yet again. I certainly don't expect an apology for your misinterpretation & insult, but maybe we can move on?

Get those damned "Born Again" master tapes from Butler and remix & master it and re-release it with a real album cover.
    I know... Never gonna happen.. I would however love to hear Iommi & Gillan re-collaborate. Ian sounds great still as does Iommi.

My dream is a new cd featuring:

Tony Iommi- guitars
    Ian Gillan- vocals
    Geezer Butler- bass
    Bobby Rondinelli- drums
    "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

As for your little 'hateboy' tag. It's untrue. I just see things differently to you. Let's face it, Dio could shit in a can, and you'd buy it. I have to actually see merit in something by ANY band to deem it worthy of my time, whether they were once my favorite band, or indeed are currently my favorite band... I can't just follow blindly along.

And despite all your accusations, I can almost guarantee you that I've traveled further than you to see a one off show by this line up... Sydney to New York to catch the Dehumanizer tour... to support an album I LOATHE... Just to see the band 'cos I loved the previous tours so much. That is not the act of someone who 'hates' your little Ronnie... It is the act of a music lover & someone who supports the bands he admires. I'm not the biggest fan of H&H's current output, or of Dio's recent career. I bought the CD, I bought an (unused) ticket to the NY show... Still supporting the band in a less active way... Certainly not hating anyone.

Now, I've explained myself yet again. I certainly don't expect an apology for your misinterpretation & insult, but maybe we can move on?

First we have to define the word failure , now I know it comes from your perspective and view to things and I totally respect that ! but anyway , I dont believe this band will be downsized to play to 3000-5000 capacity clubs any time soon ! this line-up of Sabbath was still ( and will keep) headlining most of the European festivals they will ever participate in !
    I personally attended 4 shows this summer in Germany and although most of the areans were not sold out , but they were fairly booked ! maybe its the not the same in the U.S , but who cares ? Dio's band was extremely big in the U.S back in the 80's playing sold out areans and venues and now ? they play small clubs and by no means its considered a failure ! not to me at least ! I know Sabbath MKII ( H&H or whatever) are bigger than Dio's band but still we should consider the amount of success that came along with this line-up reunion ! In 2007 they played over 90 worldwide dates selling off alot of the venues they played at and I believe they certainly made more money on such a particular tour rather than doing a mini tour with Ozzy for a rather seleted dates ! The new album reached the 8th spot in the U.S and to me , its certainly as good as anything they came up with in the 80's and 90's , its different and its diffcult to get into , but certainly its another classic in my own book ! lets at least give them the credit for bringing in something new and different after more than 40+ in the music business !

As for the shows itself , and although most people are complaining regarding the predictable setlist , the band is still able to give out some powerful shows with a totally different vibe from one show to the other , Dio actually sounds unbelievable on this tour ! may I dare say even better than the 2007/2008 tours ! the band is tighter , they sound better ....etc

Anyway , H&H will get on hold by winter time because actually they're forced to do so ! Iommi has to go through another surgery for his hand so Ronnie said that Magica II & III will be definitely the next thing coming , and its pretty soon as well ! I just hope there would be a couple of other chapters in what I personally consider as the greatest Metal line-up of all time !

Banned

Let me reitereate again that I have NOT called Heaven And Hell a failure here or anywhere else. This is where people reading too hastily & seeing what they want to see, can cause problems on a forum.

What I said was that IF Heaven And Hell were reduced to playing clubs, THAT would surely be worthy of being called a failure.

This is a band of HUGE stature. They deserve & probably expected to be playing to sold out arenas & ampitheaters around the world. For various reasons that isn't happening & they ARE struggling to fill smaller venues in the US. Each tour since the initial reunion has booked smaller venues or seen the band supporting Judas Priest.

I just don't want to see them forced into being a club band. It's cool when huge bands play a club tour to get closer to their fans or road test material, but it's sad when a great band plays clubs because nobody wants to see them. THAT would be a failure for a band that should be named BLACK SABBATH.

Meager album sales and a modestly attended U.S. tour likely, and unfortunately, means the end for this line-up.
    Last edited by mds; 08-16-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mds View Post
    Meager album sales and an modestly attended U.S. tour likely, and unfortunately, means the end for this line-up.
    Could they sell more records or fill larger venues on their own?
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Meager album sales and an modestly attended U.S. tour likely, and unfortunately, means the end for this line-up.
    I don't think it's the end of the lineup they just need to take a two year break where they can work on solo stuff and tour for that then get back together for one last album and tour with the HNH lineup. Part of me also believes they'll work out this shit with Ozzy and do one more reunion tour before calling it quits. I think the attendance in North America would be better if it wasn't the third summer in a row they were touring here. If they had taken last summer off the attendance might be a little better right now. Plus there's no promotion anywhere and that can't really be blamed on the band at all. But then again they did sign with Rhino records so maybe you can put some of the blame on the band.

nightwingrocks

Hopefully the band continues next year again I missed out seeing them this year in Albuquerque lets just hope and pray that this isn't the end of "H&H"

It was good while it lasted. I hope it goes for another album.

I smell a tony martin era sabbath reunion. ooops! That was me just farting. I would love to see another heaven and hell album.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON-MaN View Post
    Anyway , H&H will get on hold by winter time because actually they're forced to do so ! Iommi has to go through another surgery for his hand so Ronnie said that Magica II & III will be definitely the next thing coming , and its pretty soon as well ! I just hope there would be a couple of other chapters in what I personally consider as the greatest Metal line-up of all time !
    hmm, how bad is that surgery, I hope it's something simple!

But I also hope Dio takes the extra time to make Magica 2+3 and another European mini-tour like last year. Seems the band Dio attracts as many people this side of the Atlantic as H&H does on the other side.

In any case, this operation pushes any UK tour to Spring 2010? And, you are talking about a new H&H record, is this a personal wish or more than that?

Now, abject failure, that would be stepping in the hugest arena, facing 50000 adoring fans, and then sing Iron Man and Paranoid as opening act for the headlining Ozzy. I reckon that's what some people would like to see happen. No such luck though.

hmm, how bad is that surgery, I hope it's something simple!

But I also hope Dio takes the extra time to make Magica 2+3 and another European mini-tour like last year. Seems the band Dio attracts as many people this side of the Atlantic as H&H does on the other side.

In any case, this operation pushes any UK tour to Spring 2010? And, you are talking about a new H&H record, is this a personal wish or more than that?

Now, abject failure, that would be stepping in the hugest arena, facing 50000 adoring fans, and then sing Iron Man and Paranoid as opening act for the headlining Ozzy. I reckon that's what some people would like to see happen. No such luck though.
    Actually this is not the first time Iommi goes under the knife in the past 2 years ! I dont believe its something major , but still its considered a surgery ! As for Dio , he said that he is putting his band together and that they will be touring again pretty soon ! he also stated that Magica II & III is the next thing coming ! I think the H&H U.K tour will be around January/Feburary and then we could expect a new Dio tour by next summer ! as Ronnie and the other band members said on numerous previous interviews , they have no particular plans for this band after this tour ! there are some talks on celebrating H&H album 30th anniversary next year ! I guess all we have to do is wait and see !

I dont believe and I really dont to see thr original Sabbath line-up reunite again ! apart from all the crap that have been goign around between the Iommi's and Ozzy's camp for the last couple of years , Ozzy can barely talk not to mention singing ! and I personally dont believe they would be selling out venues with that reptitive 8 track classic setlist again ! anyway , they were never really put to the test since most of Ozzy/Sabbath reunion shows were part of the Ozzfest and other major festivals !

I believe with a better publicity and little more promotion , H&H could possibly regain alot of interest and audience if they ever did that highly aniticpated H&H 30th anniversary tour ! if they are smart enough they could make alot of money out of it as well !

Actually this is not the first time Iommi goes under the knife in the past 2 years ! I dont believe its something major , but still its considered a surgery !!
    Well this is a relief!

As for Dio , he said that he is putting his band together and that they will be touring again pretty soon ! he also stated that Magica II & III is the next thing coming ! I think the H&H U.K tour will be around January/Feburary and then we could expect a new Dio tour by next summer ! as Ronnie and the other band members said on numerous previous interviews , they have no particular plans for this band after this tour ! there are some talks on celebrating H&H album 30th anniversary next year ! I guess all we have to do is wait and see !!
    well this is excellent news, I had heard some rumours in this direction, so it's good to get independent confirmation, thank you!

Well this is a relief!

well this is excellent news, I had heard some rumours in this direction, so it's good to get independent confirmation, thank you!
    Cheers mate ! how ironic ? Iommi just mentions his upcoming hand surgery today !
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=125402

Heaven and Hell is a great band, and, I would l.ike to see the original 4 finally finish and release what they recorded back in 2000-2001.
    Last edited by Moondog303; 08-17-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Iommi's got this movie scoring lined up, Geezer's always got his own thing going on and really he seems to do Sabbath when Tony wants him to and has ways of entertaining himself in the meantime. Vin can do as many sessions as he wants. Ronnie's made it clear he wants to do Magica II/III and tour them.

To be honest, the whole band seem to love making an album. Most bands tend to see albums as a necessary evil to get out on the road. When the band are too old to tour, I can see more Heaven & Hell albums being cranked out - look at the miracles they did to Ozzy's voice on Black Rain, they'll be able to keep Ronnie recording for another decade and still sounding awesome on record!

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Ozzy reunion, world tour filling stadiums

Magica 2+3, Dio fans happy
    You really think that with Ozzy & Tony suing each other that version of the band will work together any more? Keep dreaming.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    You really think that with Ozzy & Tony suing each other that version of the band will work together any more? Keep dreaming.
    it's called irony . I go with the majority's view on how "wonderful" a Ozzy reunion would be! Not wonderful at all.

Now Magica 2+3 -> Dio fans happy, it depends; Master of the Moon was not the best DIo album, it was clearly inferior to Killing the Dragon or Magica; while TDYK is fantastic, for me, better than Dehumanizer. So, if chosing between a new H&H album and M2+3, I'd go for H&H; but with the news on Iommi's operation, all this thread is changed, of course, everything said before those news is no longer valid.

Right now, my best bet is:

Dio makes Magica 2+3; he has just enough time for that in 2009, so that's his chance. No time for a world tour to support the album though, also too late to do any festivals, so perhaps something similar to what he did last year? A few gigs here and there, I hope this time not limited to Northern Europe.

Iommi gets an operation and recovers for a continuation tour sometime in 2010. New album I don't believe in, if they still do the UK tour, then new album would be end of 2010, and that would push the tour for the new album to 2011, and they (mainly Dio, but also Iommi with his hand and back problems) are not getting younger

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    It's not absolutely out of the question. How many times have you ruled something out with this band only to be surprised later on? We could compile a list of those things, no?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Let me reitereate again that I have NOT called Heaven And Hell a failure here or anywhere else. This is where people reading too hastily & seeing what they want to see, can cause problems on a forum.

What I said was that IF Heaven And Hell were reduced to playing clubs, THAT would surely be worthy of being called a failure.

This is a band of HUGE stature. They deserve & probably expected to be playing to sold out arenas & ampitheaters around the world. For various reasons that isn't happening & they ARE struggling to fill smaller venues in the US. Each tour since the initial reunion has booked smaller venues or seen the band supporting Judas Priest.

I just don't want to see them forced into being a club band. It's cool when huge bands play a club tour to get closer to their fans or road test material, but it's sad when a great band plays clubs because nobody wants to see them. THAT would be a failure for a band that should be named BLACK SABBATH.
    It's just a typical reaction from someone who doesn't completely understand English. Don't give it another second's thought. You KNOW you have better things to do than waste your breath on this guy.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I think its an important factor to consider whether or not this whole project has lost a lot of money this time around. The production and distribution costs of the album, the cost of mounting a tour, the salary of band members; it all adds up. Between low album sales (or, by the standards of the era, pretty good) and inconsistent concert attendance, one has to wonder what the economics of this project are.
    Last edited by J Hillenburg; 08-18-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Hillenburg View Post
    It's not absolutely out of the question. How many times have you ruled something out with this band only to be surprised later on? We could compile a list of those things, no?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

It's just a typical reaction from someone who doesn't completely understand English. Don't give it another second's thought. You KNOW you have better things to do than waste your breath on this guy.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I think its an important factor to consider whether or not this whole project has lost a lot of money this time around. The production and distribution costs of the album, the cost of mounting a tour, the salary of band members; it all adds up. Between low album sales (or, by the standards of the era, pretty good) and inconsistent concert attendance, one has to wonder what the economics of this project are.
    True, good points. Just having the tour end with these four on good terms with each other is a positive, and leaves the door open. I don't think its an understatement to say that the current tour has been a bit of a disappointment, financially. That said, a few festival dates in Europe next year can be fit in around each doing their own thing in 2010. Same stage setup, same setlist, four days to rehearse, a quick and inexpensive buck made.

But once the separation begins in September, there is always the chance that it will NEVER happen again. Unlike some here, I don't see Dio wrapping up the entire Magica trilogy in record time. I'm guessing that Doug, Rudy, and Simon are or will be ready sometime in the Fall to start recording. Its very possible that Dio will hit those festival dates next year by himself.

Tony's surgery is another wildcard. Its comforting to know that Eddie Van Halen had a similar surgery with favorable results, but he was considerably younger then an Iommi in his early 60's who seems to have had a small run of physical problems of late. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

But the Tony/Ozzy lawsuit is yet another monkey wrench tossed in to the mix. Its too early to call how this will end. Honestly, after the initial sling of mud, its comforting that the high road has been taken since then, with both parties clamping up about it. The key here is that a settlement between the two may actually be BASED on a collaboration of some kind, be it tour, one-off, guest artist appearance, 40th anniversary show, whatever. When two sides don't want to feel ripped-off by the outcome, introducing a mutually beneficial perk can help the medicine go down. They are lucky to be in this position. This level of acrimony doesn't hold a candle to what their relationship level was in 1981, and yet there they were a couple of years later on stage together at Live Aid. There are still some blocks that have to fall into place here, but with the tour ending and recovery time upcoming, Tony will have LOTS of time to think about it. Hold onto your betting slips.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    True, good points. Just having the tour end with these four on good terms with each other is a positive, and leaves the door open. I don't think its an understatement to say that the current tour has been a bit of a disappointment, financially. That said, a few festival dates in Europe next year can be fit in around each doing their own thing in 2010. Same stage setup, same setlist, four days to rehearse, a quick and inexpensive buck made.

But once the separation begins in September, there is always the chance that it will NEVER happen again. Unlike some here, I don't see Dio wrapping up the entire Magica trilogy in record time. I'm guessing that Doug, Rudy, and Simon are or will be ready sometime in the Fall to start recording. Its very possible that Dio will hit those festival dates next year by himself.

Tony's surgery is another wildcard. Its comforting to know that Eddie Van Halen had a similar surgery with favorable results, but he was considerably younger then an Iommi in his early 60's who seems to have had a small run of physical problems of late. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

But the Tony/Ozzy lawsuit is yet another monkey wrench tossed in to the mix. Its too early to call how this will end. Honestly, after the initial sling of mud, its comforting that the high road has been taken since then, with both parties clamping up about it. The key here is that a settlement between the two may actually be BASED on a collaboration of some kind, be it tour, one-off, guest artist appearance, 40th anniversary show, whatever. When two sides don't want to feel ripped-off by the outcome, introducing a mutually beneficial perk can help the medicine go down. They are lucky to be in this position. This level of acrimony doesn't hold a candle to what their relationship level was in 1981, and yet there they were a couple of years later on stage together at Live Aid. There are still some blocks that have to fall into place here, but with the tour ending and recovery time upcoming, Tony will have LOTS of time to think about it. Hold onto your betting slips.
    All well analyzed. I say it's too early to say what will happen next, with any amount of certainty. I guess only time will tell!
    -rar

Meager album sales and a modestly attended U.S. tour likely, and unfortunately, means the end for this line-up.
    It is a shame that they're touring as the economy is in the crapper, especially when older bands like this one depend on older fans, who, unfortunately, also have to worry about their mortgages, etc. Be nice if they could give it another shot after this with another new album and tour, though.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    It is a shame that they're touring as the economy is in the crapper, especially when older bands like this one depend on older fans, who, unfortunately, also have to worry about their mortgages, etc. Be nice if they could give it another shot after this with another new album and tour, though.
    It'd be nice, but as you said the economy isn't much for going out, buying albums, and attending concerts. And let's face it, Heaven & Hell isn't the BIGGEST act touring at the moment, so if people are going to be spare with buying concert tickets, they'll buy them for bigger acts.
    -rar