Default Who to e-mail to use a Sabbath song for a school project?

Hey, I was wondering who owns all the songs to the album "Black Sabbath", because I need to use "The Wizard" as background music for a high school assignment.

If you're in the US, I believe you might have to ask Warner Bros (or Sanctuary if you're in Europe).
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Except if there is an administration like the french SACEM - that you contact and then provides a bill depending on the use of the song (movie, short-cut, etc...).

I've check both Warner Bros. and Sanctuary, they both don't seem to have any affiliation with Black Sabbath....

Banned

really, if it's for a High School project, and you're not selling tickets for a public performance or planning a major public release for it... I wouldn't worry about it. Record companies, song publishers & the band have bigger things to worry about than chasing a high school kid for using a song as the soundtrack to his project...

Yeah, that's what I thought, but my goddamn I.T teacher said that it was a requirement for the project... Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodav View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought, but my goddamn I.T teacher said that it was a requirement for the project... Can anyone help?
    If this is not a commercial project -- meaning you or the school are not making money from it -- then you don't need permission. It falls under "Fair Use".

Quote Originally Posted by Taodav View Post
    I've check both Warner Bros. and Sanctuary, they both don't seem to have any affiliation with Black Sabbath....
    Warner Bros are the publishing house for Sabbath in the US, and Sanctuary is the same for Europe (and even maybe Japan ?). What more affiliation do you need ?

Anyway, you can always try to send the company an Email or give them a phone call and ask them your question. Even if the final word is not up to them, they will surely know where you should ask.

While I agree with the guys saying you don't really have to worry about this if it's a non commercial thing, still it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Don't let sharon hear about this. She will be suing you for 50% of the rights to the show.