Thread: Highway Star

From Walsall, near Birmingham, UK. Now live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Default Highway Star

This is my band SCIATTICA playing HIGHWAY STAR a few weeks ago. Me on guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ISKKJ9xzc

Please leave ya comments on youtube.

I'm a cynical fucker but I actually like your group. The B3 is missed however.

Heh heh. Well my group is to be taken with a sense of humour. It's the way we like it. It's all fun even though it's played serious.

B3? What's that?

That's not half-bad--no, it actually sounds pretty cool and fun, Icon. Ha, I'd love to hear you play something like Bloodsucker or Into the Fire (off DP's In Rock) someday soon.

edit: And oh, you got a quirky band name, alright. SCIATTICA, hope you don't mean to induce the painful condition (albeit 'Sciatica)) in your future fans. LOL
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 10-15-2009 at 09:56 PM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by Iconosphere View Post
    B3? What's that?
    Hammond Organ.

Quote Originally Posted by RLP4ever View Post
    That's not half-bad--no, it actually sounds pretty cool and fun, Icon. Ha, I'd love to hear you play something like Bloodsucker or Into the Fire (off DP's In Rock) someday soon.

edit: And oh, you got a quirky band name, alright. SCIATTICA, hope you don't mean to induce the painful condition (albeit 'Sciatica)) in your future fans. LOL
    Heh heh. Well we do two other DP songs too. Speedking and Burn.
    And yeah, we named ourselves Sciattica cos we're all getting on a bit. And we stuck an extra 't' in there cos it looks better. We were originally only gonna do one gig. That was in 2001. And we're still doing it.

You can hear 'Burn' here if ya choose to. Although those demos are very old now.
    http://www.myspace.com/sciatticarock

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
    Hammond Organ.
    Aaah I thought that's what ya meant. Yeah, as it's missing we tend not to go overboard with the solos. But I know what ya mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconosphere View Post
    Heh heh. Well we do two other DP songs too. Speedking and Burn.
    And yeah, we named ourselves Sciattica cos we're all getting on a bit. And we stuck an extra 't' in there cos it looks better. We were originally only gonna do one gig. That was in 2001. And we're still doing it.

You can hear 'Burn' here if ya choose to. Although those demos are very old now.
    http://www.myspace.com/sciatticarock

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Aaah I thought that's what ya meant. Yeah, as it's missing we tend not to go overboard with the solos. But I know what ya mean.
    That's cool enough. Speedking and Burn are great songs as well, no question. I'll definitely check them out, too. And hey, just because you're ageing a bit (as we all are) doesn't mean that you should accept aches and ailments as inevitable. Sciatica is nasty but hardly an unavoidable consequence of getting older etc. Stay as fit and safe as you possibly can and the only sciatica you'll ever have to contend with is your band getting together to practice and jam those rocking tunes. The extra 't' in your band name is a good idea---and how serious are you in hammering out something substantive, on record, soon?

**I'd also add how I don't much miss the absence of those (occasionally annoying) Hammond Organ theatrics of Lord and DP, in your 'covers'-----so, don't worry about stretching out on longer, sweet solos sometime, cos the only thing that risked going "overboard" were those organs, and you ain't using any here.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Heh heh. Indeedy deedy. We're planning to go into record within the next 3 months. Long awaited recordings too. It's just a matter of timing.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

While I'm at it, I've just uploaded this one.

Ain't Talkin 'bout Love by Sciattica.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGi0avbTLG8

I think you do a good job approximating the different guitarists' sound and feel, which given they are as diverse as Blackmore and EVH, is pretty impressive.

Well thank you for the compliment. Appreciate that.
    Now try some Iommi and Hetfield/Hammett

War Pigs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUp2XAJWlrs

Roam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4kSl8J-B0