Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ozzy Osbourne Names Album

From metalhammer.co.uk: LINK

Get the full details on the Double O’s new album.

Ozzy Osbourne’s new album is to be called ‘Soul Sucka’ and is due for release in June. ‘Soul Sucka’ conjures images of Mr T listening to James Brown, doesn’t it?

Tracks set for inclusion on the new Ozzy Osbourne album include: ‘Let It Die’, ‘Diggin’ Me Down’ and ‘Soul Sucka’. It is, of course, the first Ozzy record to feature Firewind’s Gus G on guitar. The band also includes Blasko (bass), Mike Bordin (drums) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).
    Last edited by Neon_Knight; 12-18-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Why must Ozzy sell out in the most retarded ways? It takes a lot of audacity to name a Heavy Metal album "Soul Sucka"

I heard this on the radio and laughed. Here he is rehearsing for the new tour.

What kind of name is that? Well I hope Gus G gets that heavy sound with the new album, I feel that Ozzy would push Gus G to have a more Zakkish kind of a tone with his guitar but I feel Gus G should stick with his kind of playing. I also hope that the new music is not the left over material to what Zak might have recorded.

Shit name for an album, but who cares as long as the musics OK.

It's ironic that he has an album title so ridiculous AFTER he got sober. But as in the past, if the music kicks ass I suppose the title will grow on me. I thought titles like Killer of Giants, Tatoo Dancer, & a few others were lackluster titles but the songs kick ass.
    Last edited by devstorm; 12-19-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Pathetic title, we will wait and see how the music sounds like...

Thumbsdown

Hopefully he'll change the name of the album, its ridiculous.
    I remember in the mid 90's he was releasing an album called X -Ray, but that eventually became Ozzmosis

Banned

Sounds like a name for a crappy rap album...

Seriously the name sucks! I wonder if nomen est omen, in this case...if so..well this album is gonna seriously suck ass....but I really don't care a whole lot either way...Ozzy's irrelevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Knight View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne’s new album is to be called ‘Soul Sucka’ and is due for release in June.
    Soul Sucka...

At first I was like

Then I was like

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Knight View Post
    ‘Soul Sucka’ conjures images of Mr T listening to James Brown, doesn’t it?
    After reading this I was like &

I can't believe that is really the album title, I mean the way it's written/spelled.

'Soul Sucker' would have been a credible title and fitting for the dark world of Ozzy-esque music. But 'Soul Sucka'?!? Mr. T must be one of the promoters of this album.

As good as the song is, I hope Ozzy won't do a cover of James Brown's "I Feel Good" on the deluxe edition of this album...
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 12-19-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Question

If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Sounds more like a Sharon Osbourne solo album. But, I'll save judgment until it comes out.
    If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandman616 View Post
    If Tony Martin was comin' out with a new cd called "Soul Sucka" you'd all be just as appalled right???????

Ahh, but the difference is, Tony Martin would never EVER come out with an album called Soul Sucka...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    As good as the song is, I hope Ozzy won't do a cover of James Brown's "I Feel Good" on the deluxe edition of this album...
    Don't worry... There isn't a chance that Ozzy could get his voice around a classic like that!

It's a horrible title... Sounds like something a Disney kid would call their R&B covers album... It's THAT cliched.

I always give Ozzy's stuff a chance... but then I hear it...

I heard somewhere that the closing track is a nine-minute medley of the Staple Singers' I'll Take You There, James Brown's Sex Machine and Al Green's Let's Stay Together. Supposedly it features Taylor Hicks and Vanilla Ice on guest vocals.

Wow, not sure what to make of that title..?!?!?!

Speaking of titles, I'd love to see the next H&H record titled HEAVEN IN BLACK. I know it's the title of a song BS closed the album TYR out with, but the song didn't justify the great title IMO. It does fit H&H perfectly though....

How about We Sold our Soul Sucka

slitsotd1111

I've been disappointed with most of his releases for nearly 20 years, save for a few decent songs.But I guess if Gun's & Roses can do an instrumental of The Jackson 5's I Want You Back in concert recently, anything is possible.After buying his 4 disc set including the duet with MissPiggy(mainly for the free Ozzfest ticket) nothing he releases surprises me.

Yes, I would be just as appalled. "Soul Sucka" is not a proper name for a heavy metal album, no matter who the artist is. "Soul Sucker" would be proper. In my mind.

Fuck, now I can't get the "Mr. T" effect out of my head with this title! Sucka!!!

Mr. T is already rehearsing for the promotional campaign...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyGbKElMy2A

Sigh. I guess he's mainly marketing to teens.

Just saw the album cover for Ozzy's new album.

Actually, the full title of the album is "(watch it), soul sucka".

http://www.crazycoolstuff.com/watch-...nny-shirt.html

who cares?

he could name it "another piece of sheisse" or "golden shower" or "black rain", it's all the same innit.

And...as stupid and non-heavy metal the new title is, the music is what counts in the end. But still, in the case of Ozzy, the original voice of Black Sabbath and one of the most successful rock icons of the last 40 years, one would expect a more fitting album title than this.

As I said, I would consider "Soul Sucker" a more suitable title, that brings to my mind some kind of a vicious cthulhu-ish entity of mystique and dark arts, maybe a vampire, maybe an ancient mummy, maybe some mind flayering beast...or just someone evil who takes away everything from someone else, mentally destroying the other. Now that is a tale of heavy metal, isn't it? But "Soul Sucka"??? That brings to mind someone who likes soul music beyond regular liking...

Sometimes it's just the little things that make a huge difference in thinking.

I thought the original poster was just joking around at first but it looks like this really is the name of the album. I know the music is what matters but since Black Rain was such garbage and this album title is shitty I don't have much hope for Ozzy's next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Sounds like a name for a crappy rap album...

Seriously the name sucks! I wonder if nomen est omen, in this case...if so..well this album is gonna seriously suck ass....but I really don't care a whole lot either way...Ozzy's irrelevant to me.
    I bought Black Rain (import) 'cause the cover was cool and had an ok title, I also had some money to burn. The CD is not a masterpiece but the songs eventually grew on me. Soul Sucka? I agree sounds like a loser. Hopefully the songs will be half way decent but I know I'll be dissapointed.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
    Hopefully he'll change the name of the album, its ridiculous.
    I remember in the mid 90's he was releasing an album called X -Ray, but that eventually became Ozzmosis
    Wasn't that the Steve Vai album? When Vai went away, they changed the title.

Story I read:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...new_album.html

I'll check it out - I've been listening to his solo work since Diary was the current album. I'm one of the few who has liked the last two studio albums (they took a lot of bashing around here). I'll probably like it, too.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I'll check it out - I've been listening to his solo work since Diary was the current album. I'm one of the few who has liked the last two studio albums (they took a lot of bashing around here). I'll probably like it, too.
    Same here mate, I really like Black Rain, some good songs on there, Down to Earth I think is OK, but not great.
    But overall as a body of work I pretty much like every album he's released.
    He must be still doing something right 'cos I've bought everything he's ever done and seen him on every UK Tour since Blizzard of Ozz, (except Diary which cancelled 3 shows in) so I'll keep going back for more of the Ozzman.
    Soul Sucka does kinda suck big time, but so what, its only an album title, and I suppose at this stage in his career Ozzy has earned the right to call his albums whatever he likes. (even though its still a shite title lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I'm with you for the most part with Ozzy's solo stuff. I've liked everything from it. Black Rain was the first time I was disappointed by something he did and felt he should quit before he makes another album that was as bad and embarassing to his legacy. Every great artist has a few bad ones and maybe with Black Rain that was the case. Still, the name of the new one doesn't give you a first good impression at all as far as i'm conserned. We'll just have to wait and listen to the music and that will tell the true story. Hopefully, getting rid of Zack(who I have no probelm with musically) and bringing in a new guitar player will freshen things up and bring some new ideas to the song writting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Yes, I would be just as appalled. "Soul Sucka" is not a proper name for a heavy metal album, no matter who the artist is. "Soul Sucker" would be proper. In my mind.

Fuck, now I can't get the "Mr. T" effect out of my head with this title! Sucka!!!
    I Pity Da Fool who don't like that name, sucka...

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaycare View Post
    I always give Ozzy's stuff a chance... but then I hear it...
    Until Ozzy gives everyone the blessing of announcing his retirement, every single news snippet I read/hear about him will leave me doing below for paying attention:

Ha, this is a pretty low blow to fans expecting a minimally decent title to an Ozzy album---Soul Sucka sounds like everything so many of you have already suggested. It's easily the most atrocious album title Ozzy and Co. have conjured up, over the past nearly thirty years. Yea, it does reek of a hip-hop hit single cum album title track to it.

All that said, like for some others here, I'm probably gonna buy this latest disc when it comes out, cos ultimately it's the actual 'music' that will decide how I feel about the album.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman616
    No, actually a lot less so. I'd be knowingly nodding at something like 'Dancing Diva' or 'Evil Empress' or 'Metal Moustache' etc etc as a new release title, from somebody like the venerable Tony Martin, cos in his case, the guaranteed suckiness of the music actually merits an album title to match.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 12-25-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

he should call it " YE HA! HONKY MUSIC"

I made the same face as my avatar when I read Ozzy's new album title!

Not at all. Martin's writing style just doesn't do anything for me. Although I think he's a good singer.

Anyway I'll reiterate, as long as Gus brings some classic riffs to the album they could call it "everyone who buys this album is a shithead" and I'd buy it. The music matters most. If Soul Sucka is full of material that lives up to the legacy of his past classic albums then so be it.

Most of his albums have gone through multiple working titles before they ended up as they did. As I recall No More Tears had a couple before they came up with that one. And maybe enough fan backlash will convince him to change it.
    Last edited by devstorm; 12-25-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe fiend View Post
    I made the same face as my avatar when I read Ozzy's new album title!

Hahahaha-likewise. "Soul Sucka" sounds like Ozzy is attempting to cross over into some other genre of music. Like attempting to blend some soul, rap, funk etc. You'll see Ozzy on the cover with plenty of bling, wearing a clock as a necklace and a cap on backwards.

Why not just go all out I say? Ozzy should just crossover into some rap/hip hop, but combining traditional elements of Ozzy/Sabbath themes. The new album could be called:

"BUST A CAP IN THE DEVIL'S ASS"

Gotta agree with most of the comments above. It sounds like a rap CD title. I will wait to hear the music before passing full judgement. Black Rain was OK, and I will buy it, no matter the title.

I am not a fan of the title.
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Quote Originally Posted by H&H View Post
    Gotta agree with most of the comments above. It sounds like a rap CD title. I will wait to hear the music before passing full judgement. Black Rain was OK, and I will buy it, no matter the title.

So, if Ozzy came out with an album called, "My Songs are Shit and my Voice is Hoarse", would you still buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
    So, if Ozzy came out with an album called, "My Songs are Shit and my Voice is Hoarse", would you still buy it?

as the name for the album? Holy shit YES!!!! I imagine I'd do what most people would upon seeing that in a CD store. hit the floor laughing and after about an hour (to regain composure) I'd march to the checkout line knowing i'M IN FOR SOME KICKASS TUNES
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Quote Originally Posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post

Like Psycho Man said above, I would LMAO, and then 100% I would buy it. Why not?
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Man View Post
    as the name for the album? Holy shit YES!!!! I imagine I'd do what most people would upon seeing that in a CD store. hit the floor laughing and after about an hour (to regain composure) I'd march to the checkout line knowing i'M IN FOR SOME KICKASS TUNES
    And then you'll be like:

It was Ozzy, what was I thinking. Now we know why the songs suck as bad as the album title.

But hey, at the very least, we will get our 873873879543 version of Ozzy's favorite lyric line: "I Don't Know Where I Am Going Cause I Don't Know Where I've Been"