Default value of the site

http://bizinformation.org/us/www.black-sabbath.com

puts it at over $200.000! Not bad at all!

fucking sweet!
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Black-sabbath.com Valuation $201,925.8
    Worldwide Rank 262,029
    Would Siegler sell it at that price??
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 12-28-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    Black-sabbath.com Valuation $201,925.8
    Worldwide Rank 262,029
    Would Siegler sell it at that price??
    Don't count on it. I don't want to be sued over it. Besides, the only person I'd consider that with would be Iommi anyway.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Not to mention, it's extremely hard to tell if the value is just over $200, or over $200 000. I hope I'm not insulting you, of course, I'd imagine it's worth over $200 000. Not to mention, I don't know much about anything...
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Not sure why someone would spend 200,000 to take over a site that isnt a profit site. I know this is a big bank of info on Sabbath. But 200'000. Maybe I dont understand the importance of these fansites when it comes to the money part. But thats not a bad investment if things got tough with Joe.

I'd have to sell off all the content and everything. Not sure if I'd want to do that.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

From Walsall, near Birmingham, UK. Now live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Who, what and where do they get these figures from? I take it adverts have a big part in this calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconosphere View Post
    Who, what and where do they get these figures from? I take it adverts have a big part in this calculation?
    This is something that has puzzled me for a while. But then I'm pretty clueless about the whole area of business valuation. Come to think of it, that might explain why I never have any money...

Quote Originally Posted by Trogg View Post
    This is something that has puzzled me for a while. But then I'm pretty clueless about the whole area of business valuation. Come to think of it, that might explain why I never have any money...
    value is in the eye of the beholder. If Bill Gates was a beg enough Sabbath fan he wouldn't bat an eye at putting up an offer of 5 million. I know if I ever have that kind of crazy money I'd try to keep this place going as long as possible
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I'd have to sell off all the content and everything. Not sure if I'd want to do that.
    I think you would if someone offered you $200,000 for it. I know I would.
    We could have a special, "it was nice knowin' ya, Joe" celebration for you before you turned the keys over to the new owner.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I think you would if someone offered you $200,000 for it. I know I would.
    We could have a special, "it was nice knowin' ya, Joe" celebration for you before you turned the keys over to the new owner.
    I don't know. The only way I'd ever really consider it would be if it was like seven figures.

Default value of the site

Thread marking is cookie based now. The only thing I can think of is you might have cookies turned off?

As I always say about record collecting, a record is "worth" what someone else is willing to pay for it. I could have an acetate of Elvis farting at his fourth birthday and say it's "worth" a million dollars, but if no one is willing to pay that much for it, is it really worth that amount? Not really.

That being said, this site is worth a heck of a lot more than $______ to me, and I'm sure to many other regular visitors as well - Some things, you can't put a price on. I'm sure Joe isn't doing this for any "value" other than intrinsic! I can only guess that it's cost him far more money than it's brought him.

Money comes and goes. The time we spend on this site, however, is precious and irreplaceable.

All the best,
    PAULIE

Probably worth a lot more now, this was almost nine years ago.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)