Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What member or former member of sabbath have you meet ?

There seem to be some people here who have some inside info from former members of sabbath i wonder if anyone else have spoken or actually known them personally ?

Joe knows them fairly well, probably better than any fan could hope. He gets invited backstage with passes and tickets for his hard work he does for some of the members.

A few board members have done interviews ect. I've met them at promo stuff (the signing of Fused, Ohmwork, and Prince of Darkness). Also, M Williams is Geoff's nephew or something.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

I met Eric Singer and Bob Daisley (OK, he wasn't actually a member, though he contributed a lot to the Eternal Idol album) when they were in Gary Moore's band. Both of them were really cool, even though Daisley had the most horrendous-looking Hawaiian shirt and Bermudas I've ever seen.

Other than that, no.
    He is not here. He has risen!

I met the sax player from the early days. I can't remember his name either like the rest of the band. This guy gets no respect.

I almost met Bobby Rondinelli

Blue Oyster Cult was playing Harrah's in Reno, NV in 2004. After the show Bobby was meeting the fans and signing autographs but by the time I got up to the front of the line he had just stepped away to be replaced by Eric Bloom. I am a longtime BOC fan, so meeting Bloom was cool too, but I figured I'd surprise Bobby by asking about Cross Purposes and his time with Rainbow.

I meet Dio back in the spring of 1998. He was on tour to support the release of his Last In Live album. He had an autograph signing at a local record store in the afternnon before the show that night. My brother and I went there was actually a decent turn out for it. I honestly didn't know what to say when it was my chance to get up there. I just shook his hand and said "It's a pleasure to meet you, you're music means a lot to me" and he said "Thank you very much that means a lot to me" He asked me my name and then signed my CD. He wrote "To Jeff, Magic, Ronnie James Dio" and just like that me and my brother were on are way to the show later that night. I was just a few months shy of my 20th birthday and he was the first(and only so far) rockstar i've ever meet so I didn't really know what else to do when it happened. But looking back there really wasn't much more I could've said or done. It's deffinately something i'm not ever gonna forget.

The meeting I had was only a minute or less at the most but I could really tell how much Ronnie cared about the fans while waiting in line. He didn't treat them like strangers he was talking to them like he was getting re-aquianted with old friends. Which I guess in some ways were are exactly that to him. The show that night was excellent. The original venue he was supposed to play closed down like a week before the show and they scambled to find a new venue for it which they got. Between 3 and 4 hundred people showed up at the small club he played. Which is good considering the last minute change of venue. He did the regular solo stuff in the set plus a bunch of Sabbath(NK, COTS, HNH, TMR and I) and a few Rainbow tunes(MOTSM and LLRNR) i'm almost certian he did CTR as well but I can't remember exactly. I deffinately think he did a few extra songs than he ws normally doing during that tour just as a way to say "Thank You" to the fans for still showing up at the show even though the venue changed.

I have met and have got 4 autographs from Dio and met Vinny 4 times but no autographs and met Bobby Rondinelli once.

I have met Tony Martin, Geoff Nicholls and Vinny Appice

Going to have a chance to meet Ozzy on the 30th signing his book I Am Ozzy. Hopefully I might snag a second autograph for my friend who can't make it, so I can give it to him as a gift.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

each time I had backstage passes I carefully did NOT use them - I have no wish to meet the band, or any of its members. To me it's music, a big part of my life, somtimes a huge part, the songs are like my old friends; I've known them all my life, I cherish them. But I don't need to know the musicians personally.

Quote Originally Posted by nunoni View Post
    each time I had backstage passes I carefully did NOT use them - I have no wish to meet the band, or any of its members. To me it's music, a big part of my life, somtimes a huge part, the songs are like my old friends; I've known them all my life, I cherish them. But I don't need to know the musicians personally.

What an unusual attitude! I don't know anyone who wouldn't love to meet members of their favourite bands.

That's certainly different, I'll give you that-especially considering that you've had backstage passes that you deliberately chose NOT to use.

I'm just wondering something. Is there more to this than you're letting on? Maybe you're afraid that if you met one of the members and you didn't like them, that it would somehow spoil your association with Black Sabbath.

Or am I just spouting psycho babble like Dr Phil? You know, you have to "own your situation" and "face up to responsibilites" and stuff. Nurture your inner child nunoni. You can't control others, you can only control yourself. Blah blah blah.
    Last edited by WheelsOfConfusion; 01-26-2010 at 03:55 AM.

well, I have my personal view of the music, and I feel that meeting them might change that, it's not fearing that I wouldn't like them, it's just an overall feeling.

I actually know a few other people who feel the same way, but it's a minority, sure!

(thanks for calling me a child, after all, I'm 43! )

I've met (including people with even a peripheral connection to the band):

Tony Iommi, five times.

Vocals:
    Ozzy Osbourne, twice.
    Ronnie James Dio, nine times.
    Ian Gillan, five times.
    Glenn Hughes, five times.
    Tony Martin, three times.
    Rob Halford, three times.

Bass:
    Geezer Butler, four times.
    Neil Murray, three times.

Drums:
    Bill Ward, once.
    Vinny Appice, five times.
    Eric Singer, six times.
    Bobby Rondinelli, four times.
    Mike Bordin, twice.

Keyboards:
    Geoff Nicholls, once.
    Don Airey, five times.
    Adam Wakeman, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I've met (including people with even a peripheral connection to the band):

Tony Iommi, five times.

Vocals:
    Ozzy Osbourne, twice.
    Ronnie James Dio, nine times.
    Ian Gillan, five times.
    Glenn Hughes, five times.
    Tony Martin, three times.
    Rob Halford, three times.

Bass:
    Geezer Butler, four times.
    Neil Murray, three times.

Drums:
    Bill Ward, once.
    Vinny Appice, five times.
    Eric Singer, six times.
    Bobby Rondinelli, four times.
    Mike Bordin, twice.

Keyboards:
    Geoff Nicholls, once.
    Don Airey, five times.
    Adam Wakeman, twice.

yeah nice ! not sure if i could count Adam and Mike bordin as former sabbath members ..if you didnt mean rick wakeman wo wsnt really member put played on SBS

Wow, Relic.

It would be easier to list who you haven't met:

Dave Walker
    Dave Donato
    Ray Gillen
    Jezz Woodruffe
    Bob Daisley
    Dave Spitz
    Gordon Copley
    Laurence Cottle
    Bev Bevan...

OK, maybe it's not.

Banned

I totally understand where Nunoni is coming from on this one. Having met & dealt with so many rock/pop/rap/whatever stars over the years I'd be quite happy never to meet another one! Not only do you realize that people you long admired can be total assholes (this is common) but also there's the chance that they're cool & they actually want to talk about their music (this is rare) & then completely destroy any ideas & concepts that you have in your head about that music. Which sucks.

Anyway. On topic. I've met Tony & Ozzy a few times (the first time I spent time with Oz was in the company of Tommy Lee... but I remember nothing printable ) have been in the same room as Geezer & Bill but neglected to actually approach them. I've leant on a few bars with Neil Murray & Cozy Powell... I seem to recall chancing upon Dio & Appice backstage at something or other, and various other members during their time in other bands & in various states of intoxication. It was all chance & in the line of duty.

While it may be an unusual stance on the issue, I understand where Nunoni is coming from on this. Besides my Dio story I posted before i've never meet anyone else famous in the music world. I just went to the Dio autograph signing because I thought it would be a good experience and it was. I however don't have a huge desire to meet the artists that I like. I don't hang out before or after shows or around the hotel they may be staying at. If a situation like how I meet Dio were to happen again I might still go but I would probably be a last minute decision to do it.

It has nothing to do with me fearing that who ever i meet would be an asshole at all. Honestly, I would be quite shocked if a famous rock artist I meet wasn't an asshole. It's just if you meet them what do you say or do? Yes, they're human just like you but they live in a different world than you do. It might be hard to find some common ground with them and start up a decent conversation about anything. Judging by some stories I hear not every rock star you meet makes you feel comfotable and at ease like Dio did when i meet him. So, I deffinately get why some would stay away from doing stuff like that.

I totally understand where Nunoni is coming from. Why would you want to meet a band? I couldn't think of anything worse.

Judge them by their music. It's the art not the artist that is important. Most Sabbath members seem like decent blokes, but imagine actually meeting Gene Simmons or Van Morrison!! Great music, complete idiots.

I also don't understand this 'they live in a different world' stuff. They are just people who happen to make music and have a bit of money. I bet there are those amongst us who have a bit of money and also those of us who have indulged in a little 'rock and roll lifestyle' in our time. I don't necessarily include myself in either of these ;-)

If they don't make you feel comfortable tell em to f*ck off. Have some confidence in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mythology View Post
    If they don't make you feel comfortable tell em to f*ck off. Have some confidence in yourself.

Seriously dude. You could say "fuck off" to Iommi, Dio, Gillan if they acted like assholes? I think EXTREMELY few fans of any band could muster up the audacity to do that. I know I couldn't.

I probably wouldn't need to as they seem like alright blokes.

If they acted like idiots then yes I'd have no problem telling them that. I'd probably make sure I was a safe distance away from Tony Iommi though before I said it, as it sounds like he is a bit handy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mythology View Post

Judge them by their music. It's the art not the artist that is important.
    Completely agreed! Also agreed with DWC's comment on having some band member trying to explain the lyrics.

One huge fan has posted interpretations of some Dehumanizer lyrics that he said he heard from Dio himself, and I believe him (give or take a memory glitch or two). But the interpretations dosn't make much sense to me - I don't care too much what Dio thinks he was writing about, I care a lot more about what I think about the words and music.

I wouldn't mind meeting band members if it was a random accidental thing, but then again, I don't mind meeting people in general, particularly if there's alcohol involved

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
    Seriously dude. You could say "fuck off" to Iommi, Dio, Gillan if they acted like assholes? I think EXTREMELY few fans of any band could muster up the audacity to do that. I know I couldn't.
    Oh, I've done it! Not to Iommi but I remember one band who I actually liked & knew pretty well coming down to Sydney & having a conversation with the drummer along the lines of...

"Hey devil... go sort me out some coke"

"Fuck you! Get your own fucking coke"

"Oh... right. Hey you! (pointing at a band minion) Get me some coke! Hey devil... want some coke!?"

Rock bands on the road in particular are strange beasts... they live in this unreal world where they think they can get what they want... and usually do... My MD at one company had strict orders from one household name rap star to supply hookers for him & his entourage... Orders that were met with (kudos to the MD here) a "get your own fucking hookers, I'm not your pimp"... I've seen bands treat everybody around them, from their own guys to the fans with complete comtempt & seen three members of one "shock-rock" band literally pissing on their fans backstage at an instore appearance & then taking the stage to be adored some more.

The one memory that sticks with me though is a night I was in NYC about 3 weeks after my eldest son was born in Sydney. I was at a function for a band in the middle of a sellout run at the Garden & sitting down in the corner showing photos of my son to an old friend... doing the full "proud dad" routine & wishing to hell I was on the other side of the world.

Suddenly a face appeared over my shoulder -the singer of the band in question- was just staring at these pics of my son. He said "Oh man that's beautiful... I miss my kids" and sat down & quizzed me about my wife & newborn. We sat there until 5AM just talking about his kids, my kid, getting slowly drunk & that's when I realized that it CAN be tough living that life.

Of course the next day he showed at the show with a bimbo on each arm, but just for a few hours he was almost a real person!

Some interesting comments here.

I haven't met any Sabbath members and I don't especially want to, for reasons not dissimilar to those given by DMC and Nunoni, though with a little extra insight from the other side of the equation. No, I'm not wealthy or famous. I confess I understand little about music other than knowing what sounds I like. But I am a creative person, working in the areas of the visual arts and writing - hence the 'not wealthy or famous'! Few people achieve that kind of status in my own fields.

However, from the contact I've had with strangers who've approached me to talk about what I do, I can make a couple of basic observations. The creative process is a weird thing, and almost impossible to describe to someone who isn't engaged in it themselves, and quite often with someone who is! There is no question more guaranteed to induce the 'deer caught in the headlights' reaction than asking any kind of artist, 'Where do you get your ideas?' Fuck knows. It's just what I do. This kind of answer doesn't go down well, even if politely expressed. Usually there follows embarrassing waffle, as you try to supply an explanation to a paying punter.

Then there is the situation that develops when it becomes apparent that your punter/interviewer has taken a very different meaning from your work to the one that's intended. That's always fine by me, unless the meaning ascribed to the work is offensive in some way. However, the other party is almost always disappointed by this difference in perception, and that gets awkward too. I don't want to cause disappointment, and besides, it's unnecessary. Quite often other people, especially those who know me, can see things in my work that I was not aware of while making it, and sometimes they're right, because the subconscious has a powerful role in the creative process.

All that said, I'm still interested in the Sabs as people, because their upbringing and social background is an important part of who they are, and therefore of the music they create.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Let's see..

Face to face:

Tony Iommi
    Geezer Butler
    Bill Ward
    Ronnie James Dio
    Vinny Appice
    Adam Wakeman

Also met Pedro Howse, Scott Warren, & Simon Wright backstage at Heaven & Hell gigs.

The coolest thing was during the 2008 Heaven & Hell shows Tony and the band were walking over to the meet and greet, and they passed me. Tony stopped walking towards the event, and turned around to say hi to me, which was cool, as he recognized me from the previous time we had met.

Through email:

Don Airey
    Gordon Copley
    Bob Daisley
    Tony Martin
    Neil Murray
    Geoff Nicholls
    Dave Spitz
    Jezz Woodruffe

Telephone:
    Cozy Powell
    Bobby Rondinelli
    Eric Singer

(and the phone guys through email, too).

Plus a pile of managers and office people associated with several of these guys, too.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 01-28-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Forgot about Adam Wakeman
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by miracle View Post
    not sure if i could count Adam and Mike bordin as former sabbath members ..if you didnt mean rick wakeman wo wsnt really member put played on SBS
    Agreed, but I was going by the list of "members" on this very site here. Oh, and I've met both Wakemans, Rick and Adam. Also, if you count Heaven & Hell as Sabbath, then Scott Warren too.

Of the ones that I haven't met, Bev Bevan, Terry Chimes, Laurence Cottle, Dave Spitz and Bob Daisley are at least still active, so I guess there's a realistical possibility of meeting them in person some day. For some others, like Dave Donato or Dave Walker for example, it seems less likely.

As for shattering illusions, meeting Iommi or any of his musical associates certainly hasn't done that for me. If anything it has given me an even greater appreciation for them.

I have met Tony, Geezer, Ozzy, & Bill at an instore for the Renuion CD release. I met the Dio era band after the show at the Bronco Bowl including Geoff Nichols & have met Dio several times when his band came thru Dallas

I've been lucky because when I worked at a record store I would occasionally get passes to get stuff signed for the store & most everyone I met were extremely nice - I also have found that if you see the bands at the club level when they are starting out they are usually very nice to their fans - I would say if you get a chance to meet one of your musical idols go for it & keep an open mind - hopefully you'll enjoy the experience
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazetom View Post
    I have met Tony, Geezer, Ozzy, & Bill at an instore for the Renuion CD release. I met the Dio era band after the show at the Bronco Bowl including Geoff Nichols & have met Dio several times when his band came thru Dallas

I've been lucky because when I worked at a record store I would occasionally get passes to get stuff signed for the store & most everyone I met were extremely nice - I also have found that if you see the bands at the club level when they are starting out they are usually very nice to their fans - I would say if you get a chance to meet one of your musical idols go for it & keep an open mind - hopefully you'll enjoy the experience
    The converse to that can be that if you meet them at the club level on their way down, they can be jerks.

Two cases in point, at the same club, within a year of each other.

1987 - Pat Travers. I'd been waiting to see him for years, but he came on, did about 30 minutes of a piss-poor set, closed with a half-arsed version of "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights" and then disappeared without so much as a "thank you." Of course, for a lot of the set he had his then-second guitarist, Jerry Riggs (formerly of the band of the same name), take a long solo while Travers went side stage and smoked cigarettes behind the PA stacks.

1988 - Blue Oyster Cult. No new music out since 1986's horrible Club Ninja, and before that 1983's slightly-better The Revolution By Night. They played a long set with lots of really obscure fan favourites, and they took requests! Afterward, I got to briefly talk to Eric Bloom (he was clean-shaven, which looked odd), their new bassist Jon Rogers (very nice guy) and got both autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to Buck Dharma or Allen Lanier (very unhealthy-looking on the night; kind of like Keith Richards with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth all night).

Of the past membership of Black Sabbath, I would really like to meet:

Tony Iommi (surprise!)
    Ronnie James Dio
    Geezer Butler
    Bill Ward
    Ozzy Osbourne (mostly just to say I did)
    Vinnie Appice
    Glenn Hughes
    Ian Gillan
    Geoff Nicholls
    Neil Murray

Unfortunately, Cozy Powell will have to wait until the afterlife.
    He is not here. He has risen!

My mom used to live in the Netherlands during the 1970's. She worked at a hotel, cleaning the rooms. One day there was a band at the hotel who refused to leave the room, so she had to clean the room while they were there. The band turned out to be Black Sabbath. My mom remember that "incident" very well. Geezer & Ozzy apparantly shouted "SCANDINAVIA" multiple times when she said that she was from Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    Allen Lanier (very unhealthy-looking on the night; kind of like Keith Richards with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth all night).
    I think Allen has always looked like this, maybe even as a child.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    The converse to that can be that if you meet them at the club level on their way down, they can be jerks.
    LA Guns was like that in 2006, but maybe they were always like that. Good thing I was never much of a fan.

Well thats why I said hopefully you'll enjoy the experience - I was a huge fan of Sepultura until I met Max when he was touring with Soulfly & they played in Killleen where the record store I used to work at was. Disliked him so much that after the show, we pulled the Soulfly & Sepultura LP's from the racks & stopped promoting his band in our store. To this day I won't listen to anything he does
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Well thats why I said hopefully you'll enjoy the experience - I was a huge fan of Sepultura until I met Max when he was touring with Soulfly & they played in Killleen where the record store I used to work at was. Disliked him so much that after the show, we pulled the Soulfly & Sepultura LP's from the racks & stopped promoting his band in our store. To this day I won't listen to anything he does
    Were you actually allowed to do something like pulling an artists records off the shelf out of spite for one of their members? I know albums don't sell as well as they used to anymore, but it just seems like a bad descision to take a band off the shelf that can help the store make any money at all. Even if it's just a small ammount of cash. What exactly did Max say or do that made you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
    Were you actually allowed to do something like pulling an artists records off the shelf out of spite for one of their members? I know albums don't sell as well as they used to anymore, but it just seems like a bad descision to take a band off the shelf that can help the store make any money at all. Even if it's just a small ammount of cash. What exactly did Max say or do that made you do that?
    Yes we actually pulled the records - when you're an independent store you can choose what to sell or not sell in your own store.

This was in the 90's when the first Soulfly Lp came out - long story short I met Max earlier in the day at the club & he signed my Soulfly CD & he seemed perfectly nice - I didn't mention I worked at a record store - when he was on stage that night he blasted the store I worked at telling everyone what a crappy store we were & to buy their CD's elsewhere - he had never set foot in the store or even knew anything about the store - we later found out that he had talked with some employees from another store in Killeen & they had told him what a lousy store we were (funny to me how they went under about 2 years later). What was more ironic about the comments from Max was the store I worked for actually helped the club that he played at book him by putting up $1500 towards the booking fee.

Needless to say this totally pissed off the owner & the next day we pulled everything that he was on & returned it for credit to the label. We also changed up the weekly radio program that we sponsored so that his music wouldn't be played in the show we sponsored.

He also pissed off a lot of our regular customers who were at the show & supported our decision. It didn't hurt our overall sales at all & if anyone came in looking for it we would just send them to the PX after we explained why we didn't carry his records - once we explained it no one seem to have a problem

The original owner sold the store in 2002 & it's still in Killeen as one of only 2 independent stores there - I stopped in the old store 3 years ago when I was on my way to Austin & thought it was funny that they still didn't carry any Soulfly or Sepultura

Yes we actually pulled the records - when you're an independent store you can choose what to sell or not sell in your own store.

This was in the 90's when the first Soulfly Lp came out - long story short I met Max earlier in the day at the club & he signed my Soulfly CD & he seemed perfectly nice - I didn't mention I worked at a record store - when he was on stage that night he blasted the store I worked at telling everyone what a crappy store we were & to buy their CD's elsewhere - he had never set foot in the store or even knew anything about the store - we later found out that he had talked with some employees from another store in Killeen & they had told him what a lousy store we were (funny to me how they went under about 2 years later). What was more ironic about the comments from Max was the store I worked for actually helped the club that he played at book him by putting up $1500 towards the booking fee.

Needless to say this totally pissed off the owner & the next day we pulled everything that he was on & returned it for credit to the label. We also changed up the weekly radio program that we sponsored so that his music wouldn't be played in the show we sponsored.

He also pissed off a lot of our regular customers who were at the show & supported our decision. It didn't hurt our overall sales at all & if anyone came in looking for it we would just send them to the PX after we explained why we didn't carry his records - once we explained it no one seem to have a problem

The original owner sold the store in 2002 & it's still in Killeen as one of only 2 independent stores there - I stopped in the old store 3 years ago when I was on my way to Austin & thought it was funny that they still didn't carry any Soulfly or Sepultura
    Ok that makes sense then if you were an independant store. After what he said I completely understand why you did it. I'm not really sure what he was thinking the record store was gonna do for him. He probably had certian expectations created in his head about how he was "supposed to be treated" and the store didn't live up to them. Regaurdless he really shouldn't have said that at the show. All you guys were doing was trying to promote the show and his music.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

What a f'in jerkoff.

Hey, I'm in Dallas. Was this store in question in the Dallas area, or elsewhere?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

The record store is in Killeen TX which is right outside of Ft. Hood about 1 hour north of Austin. I worked at the store from 79 - 83 - my sister & her husband were the store owners (from 1976 - 2002) & whenever any bands I liked were coming thru TX I would usually see them in the Austin area as well as Dallas & a lot of club level bands would play the Killeen area for the soldiers as well.

You'll have to buy a second book to do so. He will sign up to 3 books and 3 books only. Nothing else. He was just here Wednesday in Philadelphia and they are the rules. He signed 1300 books they said. I couldn't make it because of work

Thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by fishtowner View Post
    You'll have to buy a second book to do so. He will sign up to 3 books and 3 books only. Nothing else. He was just here Wednesday in Philadelphia and they are the rules. He signed 1300 books they said. I couldn't make it because of work
    If that's so for Ozzy I shouldn't have a problem then. I'm getting one for myself and my bass player for a replacement gift for the defunct American Carnage Tour. If I knew you on a personal basis, I probably could of picked you up a copy. Us Sabbath fans have to stick together you know. Wish me luck guys.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Interesting. I've heard of something like this before. The reasoning was that they love the music, but if they met the artist, and didn't like them for one reason or another, they music would forever be different to them.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

i've met all the boys from aston. visited bill at his house twice-even gave him some old-memorabilia that i had "cause he had nothing of his own"-met ozz many times
    once at devonshire studio's while recording "no more tears"-thru mike inez(bass)
    who i grew up with-gave ozzy some beatles bootlegs after that he luved me and remembered me years after. tony -backstage at ozzfest'97-and met geezer same night and his wife gloria
    who got us a meeting with geezer-because he was interested in star wars action figures
    that my friend was selling (toy collector).and since someone metioned ray gillen-well i miss my friends i've known ray pretty good he always called me "die hard" cause he always
    seen me at badlands shows here in los angeles,he is missed by me daily!
    and my avatar is my proof that i seen the aston-gang! those are real autographes!!
    that i got myself-no lie!

So after five hours of standing outside in the cold at the Barnes And Nobles store, I got myself two signed copies of Ozzy's I Am Ozzy. I thanked him for the show from 2005's Ozzfest, to his reply was a soft-firm "Your welcome." kind of expected a little more enthusiasm from him, but I then realized that he was going to meet all these people. Yes, he was going to stay there until he gotten everyone's book signed. To that, I give him the "You Got Balls" award. So cheers to Ozzy, and I now have an impressive gift to give to my friend.
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 01-31-2010 at 02:32 AM.