Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What Was The Last Concert Ticket You Bought?

A similar topic like the album purchases topic, let's list latest concert ticket purchases here. Or purchases you are planning to do.

Excluding the powerful U.D.O. concert me and my friend went to see back in late January in Turku (we even met Udo Dirkschneider outside the venue!), I've now started "booking" some concerts for myself for 2010.

The closest "concert" is just another jamming night at the local rock pub this Wednesday, but the special quest is Taage Laiho, a wonderful vocalist indeed, of Kilpi fame. Customer lineups will play throughout the night, Taage will deliver the main bulk of the vocals. Of course, able customers can also sing when Taage takes a break. A nice venue and a chance to sip a few beers, good music blasting loud!

May 15th will bring a great night for my hometown's new music venue: Monsters Of Cover! It features three cover bands, 2 of them from my hometown, one of them from Vaasa: the headliner MetallicatS and my friend's band Live Wire from Seinajoki and Made In Iron from Vaasa opening the night. Should be a good trio of shows indeed! Live Wire is even planning to bring some small (hopefully not Spinal Tap-esque small) cannons on stage...

June 1st me and my old friend will go to Tampere stadium for the big bell & guns again...AC/DC!!!

Today I purchased 3 tickets for myself and my friend:

The Finnish heavy metal legends Tarot
    - Tampere, March 31st
    - Seinšjoki, April 3rd

Heaven & Hell, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden
    - Sonisphere, Pori, August 8th

I guess I will have to get the 3-day ticket to the Tuska Open Air Metal Festival as well, so many great bands there...Megadeth, Tarot, Hypocrisy, Nile...etc. Maybe this year's Jalometalli Festival in Oulu is one of my choices too, with bands like Carcass, Dream Evil and Demilich...we'll see.

So, what are your recent concert ticket purchases or the concerts you are planning/wanting to experience this year?
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 02-22-2010 at 11:12 AM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Banned

so far i'm only going to see deep purple in june

The last tix I BOUGHT were for Slayer/Megadeth/Testament which are now worthless. The last tix I GOT were free ( I won them) for David Allan Coe--great show BTW.

Deep Purple coming to Lisbon!

Banned

I'll most likely go to see Deep Purple in Turku next summer...Haven't gotten the ticket yet though...

Don't know how long these guys will go on and I think everyone should catch Purple atleast once in a life time.

I'm still bit unsure about the Sonisphere thing...the ticket is soooo expensive and it would be a long drive to take too...but then again it is Sabbath...

My most recent one is Ray Davies on 3/17 - Also going to see Solitude Aeturnus on 2/27 at the Ridglea in Ft. Worth. last show I saw was Paul Dianno on 2/14 very fun watching him sing the old Maiden tunes. Can't wait to see what all will be coming to Dallas this Summer - Hoping the Rob Zombie / Alice Cooper tour comes here.
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    The last ticket I bought were for Slayer/Megadeth/Testament...
    ...which are now more awesome because it's only Megadeth and Slayer and they were rescheduled on a warmer day.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Last tickets I bought were for Mastodon, High on Fire, and Dethklok. However I will soon be purchasing tickets to see Pentagram.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
    ...which are now more awesome because it's only Megadeth and Slayer and they were rescheduled on a warmer day.
    I'm glad for you 8bit, but I'm not that lucky, ATL show wasn't rescheduled. Instead we're getting Megadeth/testament without Slayer

I guesse the last ticket I bought was Megadeth R.I.P. tour. I will be there on the 23rd!

ZZ Top will headline the Puistoblues Festival in Jarvenpaa on Saturday 3rd of July...could be a great journey to go see the little ol' boogie band from Texas first, then to Helsinki Tuska Festival on Sunday 4th of July to see Megadeth R.I.P. show and few others...

Damnably great options to be considered for this summer.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Heaven and Hell in Cincinnati. Probably be the last unless I can see them again, or Ozzy.
    Life Member of the NRA

The Slayer show trhat was cancled.

When I get home and am back on a secure line, I plan to buy some or all of the following (depending on prior commitments):

Mar. 17 Fates Warning
    Mar. 23 Kreator
    Apr. 20 Overkill
    May 26 Sodom
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Heaven and Hell, Detroit, 2009.
    He is not here. He has risen!

Heaven and Hell Chicago August 2009
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

just got tickets today for iron maiden supported by heaven and Hell in bergen in august. very expensive, £90 a ticket but it might be my only chance to see dio sing this time around (unless i drag myself to the classic rock festival in london in the summer).

a hell of a line up though, hope H@H get a good hour plus set time.

I just bought a ticket to see the volcom tour:

Mastodon

Baroness

Between the Buried and Me

Valiant Thorr

I'm a HUGE Mastodon fan, and I've never seen them live before, so I'm way too excited.

Jimmie Vaughan in Orlando

Under The Sun Favourite Era: 70s Era Favourite Album: Vol. 4

Quote Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
    so far i'm only going to see deep purple in june
    I'm seeing them in May.
    Where can I run to now? The joke is on me

Quote Originally Posted by paulsilence View Post
    I'm a HUGE Mastodon fan, and I've never seen them live before, so I'm way too excited.
    Your gunna love them man, great live act thats for sure!

Banned

I paid to see a Chickenfoot show in New York last summer. But I've been to many shows since, the last of which was AC/DC in Sydney last Monday (zzzzzzzzz).

As yet I haven't laid hands on tickets for any upcoming shows... But I'm expecting my Alice In Chains tickets to show up in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    Your gunna love them man, great live act thats for sure!
    Yep, Mastodon are something special both on record and live.

On topic: Wolfmother about a month ago. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by evil weevil View Post
    just got tickets today for iron maiden supported by heaven and Hell in bergen in august. very expensive, £90 a ticket but it might be my only chance to see dio sing this time around (unless i drag myself to the classic rock festival in london in the summer).

a hell of a line up though, hope H@H get a good hour plus set time.
    mate thats how much all of our tickets are down here in australia, from ozzy to slayer, AC/DC to motorhead......
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Other than hitting the local pubs for tunes, the last concert I saw was Old Crow Medicine Show in November.
    I am going to see Bela Fleck Friday night.
    (I realize these aren't exactly metal shows, but you'll apt to find me watching the local symphony orchestra one night and the next night Metallica).
    Got tix to see Great White and Dokken next month.

Banned

Saw both ALICE IN CHAINS Terminal 5 shows in NYC this week thanks to a good friend. Incredible.

Last concert I was at was ac/dc Oct.21, 2009. Awesome as always.

Next concert I am going to is Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Skillet, Fuel, and Three Days Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by thehodge View Post
    mate thats how much all of our tickets are down here in australia, from ozzy to slayer, AC/DC to motorhead......
    that's a fortune to pay to see one headlining band!. those tickets would be more like 40 or 50 pounds in the uk. i guess it's so logistically expensive to go to australia from europe or the usa, unless promotors are just skanking the fans cos they know they will pay to see bands who don't come around that often?.

still , sometimes you've got to pay what you've got to pay and not worry about it too much. i paid £360 for 2 pearl jam tickets for dublin this summer from a secondary (er, tout/scalper) ticket site. they better be on good form that night!.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thehodge View Post
    Does Australia still have that "must have an Australian act on the bill" policy that used to annoy the crap out of me in the 90's??

Just got pit tickets for Iron Maiden & Dream Theater in Dallas on June 9th - Also have tickets for Trans Siberian Orchestra on May 2nd - Really looking forward to the Maiden show been a while since they have played Dallas
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Just purchased tickets for Iron Maiden this morning. Should be awesome! LOVE Maiden, and I've. never seen Dream Theater. Looking forward to July!
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

KISS at Wembley Arena

H.I.M,I saw them last tuesday in Montreal.Probaly going to see Scorpions and Cinderella this summer and hopefully Maiden and Dream Theater too if money permits!
    Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
    Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
    My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
    I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
    Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

Well I got tickets to The Drive By Truckers In Lexington KY AC/DC in Louisville KY and for Kentucky Derby Eve Southern Culture on the SKids with local great Bodeco. Along with the tickets is a busted knee from a fall at ticketmaster outlet. Yes it hurts and my knee is is the color purple from Master of Reality cover but I am fine and will ROCK ON!!!!! Limping and gimping on one good leg.

Porcupine Tree, bought them yesterday. Going to see them in June.

The last tickets before that was for the Progressive Nation 2009 concert in Oslo (Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect).

UPDATE:

I just scored a ticket to the Iron Maiden gig in Bergen (with Heaven and Hell as special guests)
    Last edited by Metal Priest; 04-25-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Going to see Iced Earth with Schaffer's new side project Sons of Liberty ( http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/ ). Going to see them in Chicago, this coming September.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Picked up a couple of tix for Rush's Time Machine Tour yesterday. They'll be here in mid August. They're playing Moving Pictures start to finish. Can't wait to finally watch them play The Camera Eye live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    When I get home and am back on a secure line, I plan to buy some or all of the following (depending on prior commitments):

Mar. 17 Fates Warning
    Mar. 23 Kreator
    Apr. 20 Overkill
    May 26 Sodom
    Sodom? :O Fuckin' A bud.

A Pink Floyd cover band called The End. They played alongside John Carin, Guy Pratt & Durga McBroom a couple nights ago in Buenos Aires. 'Twas a nice gig.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

I picked up tix for Rush when they come to Dallas - really want to hear Moving Pictures in it's entirety & also hoping for more songs from Caress & Farewell to Kings