Thread: H&H covered

Default H&H covered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJmY6jZ2JEM
    Here is a female fronted band performing Heaven and Hell.
    Pain and Poison Roses

ouch! that hurt.

Banned

That was lame beyond all belief. Took shite to a whole new basement level!

the glee club version.

Banned

Not the best possible cover but then again it looks like these are just some (junior?)high school kids...

They're just kids. And if you you check out the solos, at least the guitarist has bothered to put in some effort in getting them close (I bet it was him made them do this cover )

Wow, the girl has some big bouncin' titties for a (middle school kid?), lol.

But yeah, that sucked. I hate the vocal style she has.

Quote Originally Posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
    Wow, the girl has some big bouncin' titties for a (middle school kid?), lol.

But yeah, that sucked. I hate the vocal style she has.

wasnt horrible....too much keyboard, sloppy drumming and the bassist was a little too into it...lol...but other than that it was pretty good for their age

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

and the guitar player on our left looks a bit goofy...

The guitarist did a good job on the solo. The rest of the band sucked.

Benedictum did it better on the Uncreation cd. But hey, look at it this way: it's not like they're playing something old as opposed to some current pop trendy song.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
    Benedictum did it better on the Uncreation cd. But hey, look at it this way: it's not like they're playing something old as opposed to some current pop trendy song.
    Yes, good point, 8bit. The kid band was playing a 30-year old classic, not something by Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus. Benedictum did a pretty good job on H & H. The singer is kind of like a female RJD, or at least trying to be one.

Thumbsup

I thought it was a terrific cover by some very talented kids. The vocals were really, really good. I know the solo was botched but it sounded close enough so MAD PROPS to the lead guitarist. How arrogant can people be to bash these kids for paying homage to the greatest metal band in history? It was excellent. Eff all the haters.

"So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandman616 View Post
    I thought it was a terrific cover by some very talented kids. The vocals were really, really good. I know the solo was botched but it sounded close enough so MAD PROPS to the lead guitarist. How arrogant can people be to bash these kids for paying homage to the greatest metal band in history? It was excellent. Eff all the haters.

Pretty much this. You guys should stop knocking these kids. At least they WANT to cover H@H.
    Better than some of the other vids i've seen.

Banned

Everyone's getting precious about the fact some of us are judging this harshly but the fact is the thread was just about a female fronted band covering H&H. No mention was made of them being kids, & taking it on the merit of how it was posted, it's pretty fucking horrible.

Yes it's great that some youngsters are playing a Sabbath song. Well done them.

But it's still painful to listen to & watch.
    Last edited by devilmaycare; 03-27-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Here's an interesting cover of Heaven and Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHpp8ID-rxs
    We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Ouh..! That was painful.

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    You should have described it as what it really is : "A school band cover "Heaven and Hell" in front of their parents and class mates". I wouldn't have bothered inflicting this to my hears !
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axe fiend View Post
    Here's an interesting cover of Heaven and Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHpp8ID-rxs
    Argh! The jazz lounge version! Arguably worse than the kid's version!

Man, I think that this cover was fucking well done. The vocalist did a great job, and I don't know why you guys are tearing it up.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker94 View Post
    The link is dead. Anyways, the band is terrible but it could be much worse. They just need to keep practicing. Better to play H&H than the pop stuff. I'd rather listen to this than Lady Gaga.
    Last edited by RedZero; 03-29-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Ouh..! That was painful.

You should have described it as what it really is : "A school band cover "Heaven and Hell" in front of their parents and class mates". I wouldn't have bothered inflicting this to my hears !
    Ok, where is your version of the song then!!!!!!
    Pain and Poison Roses

Ok, where is your version of the song then!!!!!!
    Why ? Because, from now on, you have to be a musician to be allowed to have an opinion regarding someone's performance of a song ? Is the singer your little sister or something ?

Sorry if I upset you, I might have been a little harsh, but this is not a "female fronted band", this is a school band.

The thing is that by just saying "female fronted band", you kind of implied we're talking about something at least close to professional, which is not the case here. If you had written "a school band covers Heaven and Hell", then I wouldn't have bothered. When I read "female fronted band covering Heaven and Hell", I'm expecting something along this kind of standard : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQv81cQgVfo
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Last edited by svullo; 04-01-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by svullo View Post
    Now that's an interesting version, it seems that they spend some time with that...they even changed the lyrics a bit...

Benedictum's version is brilliant, especially vocally. Veronica's voice is amazing.

Why ? Because, from now on, you have to be a musician to be allowed to have an opinion regarding someone's performance of a song ? Is the singer your little sister or something ?

Sorry if I upset you, I might have been a little harsh, but this is not a "female fronted band", this is a school band.

The thing is that by just saying "female fronted band", you kind of implied we're talking about something at least close to professional, which is not the case here. If you had written "a school band covers Heaven and Hell", then I wouldn't have bothered. When I read "female fronted band covering Heaven and Hell", I'm expecting something along this kind of standard : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQv81cQgVfo
    No it's not being harsh just that I said band cuz I dont know their history. And I wasnt implying anything other then this was just something to watch. Like it or hate is your rightful opinion. Female fronted band was a quick description. Thats all. No big deal.
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 03-31-2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Quote Originally Posted by svullo View Post
    Crucified Barbara? never heard of them but I loved the song. I wonder if they have released a CD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    Crucified Barbara? never heard of them but I loved the song. I wonder if they have released a CD.
    Yup, they have two albums out, In Distortion We Trust and Til Death To Us Party

The first one is pretty good, I have it.

That was... bizarre.
    Kinda like watching Cradle of Filth cover Jonas Brothers.

When I read "female fronted band covering Heaven and Hell", I'm expecting something along this kind of standard : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQv81cQgVfo
    To me that was less interesting than the original link. I find Benidictum mediocre at best - the vocals are ok, but she sounds more like a bloke than most blokes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    To me that was less interesting than the original link. I find Benidictum mediocre at best - the vocals are ok, but she sounds more like a bloke than most blokes do.
    Let's just face it... Dio = "GOD". Iommi & Butler = Gods.

Mortals cannot imitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Yup, they have two albums out, In Distortion We Trust and Til Death To Us Party
    None of the two albums have the song Heaven or Hell. Is that a cover from another band?

Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    None of the two albums have the song Heaven or Hell. Is that a cover from another band?
    From their website

"Crucified Barbara will participate in Melodifestivalen, the national part of Eurovision Song Contest. The song is a rock ballad called Heaven or Hell, written by some friends of ours. We're looking forward to this, it's something totally different from anything we've done before, a big challenge and pretty insane at the same time -just like we want our life to be :-). We'll get back with more updates in the blog"

I just ordered the 2 Crucified Barbara albums at amazon.com. Thats a nice find to come out of this thread
    Pain and Poison Roses

I just ordered the 2 Crucified Barbara albums at amazon.com. Thats a nice find to come out of this thread
    I will order those as well after I receive all the other music I ordered (Tournado and the three Dio Sabbath Deluxe releases). Very nice find indeed.

Yeah, I know it's been 4 years but I found another female fronted band playing an H&H cover. Much better & this girl is 11 years old. I would rather her sing this than get into the Miley Cyrus junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdVDy8ioG_o

At least the guitarist is a lefty.