Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

man,terrible news.
    my condolences to his family.Dio was truly one of a kind!
    and one of the best perfomers ever.
    for what its worth i do believe the best artists bring out the best in the band and Dio did just that and more,he really brought Sabbath to a new level and gave metal fans someone to identify with.and Ronnie James Dio should be credited with bringing a lot of new metal fans into the fold.
    R.I.P. Ronnie and thank you.

I'm floored...

...sometimes even gods die.

I grieve for you.

I feel so sorry for Wendy Dio.

ihavegibson

Default R.I.P. Dio (From Hungary)

"An angel from hell, who has shown us, that music, can be more than instruments, and peolpe playing some songs, who was a miracle for all of us, and someone, who we can look upon. We lost a friend, a father, a brother, a musician, a man, who made metal, what it is today. We all pray for Ronnie James Dio's soul, and for his ethernal peace and happines in the afterworld. And de wish, that Dio will rock the angels with his music on the otherside. We will miss you Ronnie James Dio!" - Eric

"Black Sabbath and Heaven & Hell won't be the same without you, Dio. My favourite song is "The Children of The Sea", and I think, that you were the Child of The Sea.

"It's too late You've said the word Too late - something heard you Too late - now the race is on And you're run out of road Too late - for tears Too late - and no one hears you Can you feel the touch of evil It's too late"

Rest in Peace Dio, we will miss you!" - Stoki

R.I.P
    (1942-2010)

Stoki, and Eric (Two big fans, from Hungary)

Default i love you rjd

im a 43 year old guy , who is just distrought over the passing of ronnie, i can honestly say this is one of the saddest days for me, ive teared up several times reading atricles acrross the web,
    the man is a legend,and i will miss evrything about him,
    i was looking forward so much for another studio cd and magica 2 and 3, maybe he can finish the rest of his work from heaven, because i dont think hes really ever going to stop singing!

we love you rjd, and will miss you !

don williams

I would not feel RJD would want us to be sad but to celebrate the music he made and all the memories he gave each fan. This is what I will remember.

wolfstalker24

I'm still in shock over the passing of Ronnie. "Heaven and Hell" was the first CD I picked up as a kid and was just floored by Dio's voice. His music, both with Black Sabbath and with his own band, has meant so much to me throughout my life. I'm so happy I finally got to see him last year in concert with Heaven and Hell, and even happier that I sprung for the tickets in the second row. He was absolutely amazing! Words can not even begin to express the loss that he is.

Rest in peace Ronnie. You will be greatly missed and always remembered!

Default The Morning After

I set the alarm today to Time Machine. How I wish I was living in a Time Machine and I could go back in time.

It actually pained and saddened me to wake to the song. My mind reflecting on Ronnie's actions and gestures on the stage. Remember seeing him in the Garden last summer singing this song.

It hurts to see pictures of him so alive and vibrant. Actually pictures of him on April 8th talking and looking so well. I think that is what makes this much more devastating. I feel like I have been hit in the head with a hammer.

I thought I would get delight from listening to his music. He would never really be gone. Yet, this morning it pained me so, to listen. It saddened me to the core.

I will go to the gym later and I know will listen to the Devil You Know and Radio City Music Hall as I always do. I will for a countless number of times listen to the words; "The World Is Full Of Kings And Queens That Blind Your Eyes And Steal Your Dreams. It's Heaven Or Helllll" or "If you listen to fools the Mob Rulessssssssss"

As Ronnie would say;"MAGIC"

Banned

I had this tattoo done last month, it was supposed to be a celebrational tattoo of the 30th anniversary of Heaven and Hell and the ongoing band Heaven & Hell that I though would go on for a long time...

I was supposed to take a picture of it and then print it out and send it with a letter expressing my admiration and support to Ronnie...I was actually going to do that this week... I had totally forgot about it today in the wake of the shocking news about his passing...and now I can never send it to him...I can never tell him how much his music actually meant to me...that really breaks my heart now...

I'm thinking of making it more of a memorial tattoo now, perhaps adding Ronnie James Dio to the top and 1942-2010 to the bottom, so that he will always be with me...

Heaven And Hell Tattoo

It's been a long time since I posted here. However, I felt that like all of you, I needed to both pay my respects and condolences, and also to write in order to fight off the sadness.

Like everyone else here, yesterday's news was such a shock. It really was a kick in the gut. As a physician, I knew when I first heard of Ronnie's diagnosis last fall that things weren't great. Stomach cancer is a particularly bad one to have with a grim prognosis. However, of anyone that I could think of who was a consumate survivor who with sheer will could defeat this disease, it was Ronnie. Sadly, I was reminded yesterday that we are not gods, but are all just mere mortal men.

To give my friends and family who are asking about this news today an idea of how enormous this loss is for me, I have been telling them that Ronnie James Dio was my John Lennon, which he was, and although he was not taken away from this world by an assassin's bullet, today I would like to think that I know a little bit about what Lennon's fans felt on the fateful day in 1980 when he was killed.

I first heard "Rainbow in the Dark" on the radio when I was 12, and it instantly grabbed a hold on my brain and my heart. From then on, I was a fan, and my admiration of Ronnie's music has only grown over time. I consider myself to have been fortunate to see Ronnie live 4 times (though wish that I had been able to see him so many times more), once with Dio in Kansas City on the Magica tour and three times with Sabbath/Heaven and Hell, including dragging my then fiancee on a roadtrip from Baltimore to New York City to see the show at Radio City Music Hall. It was her first real heavy metal concert, and she loved it. In fact, I tried to get "Country Girl" played at our wedding (my wife is a country girl) but my wife balked at the last moment. The last time we saw him live was on my birthday last year when Sabbath/Heaven and Hell played in Seattle (to think that it would only be a few short months later that we would learn of his illness; you would have thought he was truly immortal and invincible after seeing that performance).

The world is indeed quite a bit emptier today.

My sincerest condolences to Wendy. You know how much he meant to all of us, and I hope that knowledge will help you perservere.

We are all fortunate that his gift will endure forever through his recordings. We can mourn for a brief time, but then let's celebrate the greatness of his life. Crank up those albums, put on your Dio/Sabbath/Rainbow shirts, and pay tribute to the legend.

Ronnie, you are in our thoughts eternally.

rc_andrei

Default Rest & Rock in peace

My condolences to his family, friends and fans...

I was so happy last night, I saw acdc live for the first time in my life and then I was waiting to see Heaven & Hell and Ronnie James DIO for the first time on 26 june... and then this morning I heard the sad news... The blackest day in my life... I couldn't believe it... And still I refuse to believe it...

He was, IS, and WILL BE the BEST.

I have photoshoped some fan pictures with what I believe and feel about him...

http://rcandrei.deviantart.com/art/R...-DIO-164382326

Rock in Peace, Ronnie James DIO

Frown

Very sad to hear the dreadfull news-i met Dio in London back circa 96 and he took time out to chat to the intrepid fans that had gathered outside the venue he was performing early doors

See ya big man

I just can't get used to the idea that I will not see him live anymore. It's so sad.
    Last edited by Guillesab; 05-17-2010 at 05:36 PM.

I felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach when I heard (Standing in line to see the princess' at Disney with my 2 yr old daughter) I was in the happiest place on earth yet Mickey just wasn't doing it for me!!
    I miss you already! I'll see you one day on that Silver Mountain. Ronnie, you're the Man. I'm praying for you. Rest in peace \nn/

The next and every time you display the 'devil horns' Think of Ronnie!

Very sad day. I met Dio in Mexico City in a press conference in 1983. I was a kid that came into the conference, using my father's semi-professional camera, saying I was 'reporter' from my university. I came in!

And even today I remember the warm and nice words that Ronnie gave to me, when I told him that he was the best singer in the world and that I loved his previous records with Elf, Rainbow and Sabbath. He told me, 'you must listen Holy Diver, you will love it'. I did.

And I'll always remember Dio, the singer, the gentleman, the legend...

Oh God, I'm really sad, I can't believe it...

RIP Ronnie, one of the greatest voices in rock and a true legend.

Bye Ronnie. I was just getting into Black Sabbath in 1996 and only heard the Paranoid album. I knew nothing of them, not even their legacy. I knew it was Ozzy's old band, but I figured they were just a footnote in his career. Anyways, shopping for a second Sabbath album, I picked up Live Evil. When I listened to it, I was shocked to hear it wasn't Ozzy singing, but I wasn't disappointed. Ever since I picked that album, I was a fan of Ronnie James Dio, eventually getting into the Dio band and Rainbow. The Dio band is good, but Sabbath (including the Dio era) and Rainbow (Dio era only) are two of my all time favorite bands.

I was lucky enough to see Dio together with Black Sabbath as Heaven and Hell during the first tour. And even though I'm not a big fan of it, I'm really glad we got a new Sabbath-Dio album in The Devil You Know so we don't have any "What if"s.

RIP RONNIE JAMES DIO

Keep rocking in heaven!
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Bigsmile

Ronnie James Dio you were my favorite rock singer. There will not be another like you. RJD was always so kind to his fans by greeting them after the concert. He was such a beauitiful person. I am so glad that we got to see Ronnie at his last concert in Atlantic City, NJ it is a shame no one taped this show. The crowd was really wired that night everyone singing along to everything RJD smiling and Tony Iommi smiling it was a great concert. It will be a concert I will never forget. I have to write about the ironic magazine article that was posted on the Dio Form. The magazine called Bizarre was posted October 28, 2009. The interviewer asked Ronnie if he had any recurring dreams? Ronnie replied: "I have nightmares on the road. I guess that's just the stress of being in different places. The worst was waking up in a bus and seeing all those who've died before me and someone saying: "Don't worry, you'll be with us soon." This article really caught my eye when I heard he had cancer. All I can say I feel Ronnie is performing on the other side. Someday when it is our turn we will hear him again.
    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Yesterday was one of the saddest days of my life. When I got the email from Joe, I just sat at the computer and cried. RJD was one of the (if not THE) greatest voice in heavy metal over the past 40 or so years that I've been listening to music. I've had the pleasure of meeting him 4 times over the years, and every time, he was the perfect rock star. He could have brushed me (and others) aside and been a real jerk like many many other rock stars, but not Dio, he took the time to talk, answer questions, and sign autographs and did it with a smile on his face that you could tell was not fake.

RIP RJD, you will be missed dearly

Wow, kind of a scary interview in hindsight. I felt as he felt, that he would kick it. RIP Ronnie...you will be dearly missed. Thank you for sharing that miracle.

I miss you! I will never forget your kindness with my people! My Rainbow in the Dark!

espd

Default Long Live Rock & Roll

My small tribute to one of the first guys I saw in concert, and whose voice and performance never failed to impress.

I took this photo of him at the second Dio concert I attended, which was around 1989 or ’90, in San Jose, CA, I think. I added some design elements from the Heaven & Hell The Devil You Know album, bringing it full circle, since that was the last time I saw him perform. Also in San Jose, now that I think of it!

Rock on, Ronnie James Dio.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051700697.html

Nice pics, including the last one from from just last month.

What a terrible loss. Ronnie was one of the most professional and classiest acts in rock, in my opinion. From his passion on stage, to his legendary treatment of fans, to his lengthy career, there's just nobody else that compares. Both times I saw Dio perform he was already over sixty years old, yet he still had the enthusiasm of someone half that age. I'll never forget stumbling upon "Heaven & Hell" for the first time, completely unaware of who Dio was. I was hooked from the moment he began to sing.

I am grateful that I got to experience him live with one of my favorite incarnations of Black Sabbath: The Dio, Iommi, Butler, Appice line-up. Sure, it was billed as Heaven & Hell, but it was Black Sabbath. And it was good. Seeing Dio perform in 2004 with his solo band was also an experience I will never forget. When he sang songs like "Gates of Babylon" it was like his voice just filled the entire hall. I am fortunate enough to have met the man, and he was extremely kind and gracious.

Dio, you won't soon be forgotten. Thanks for all the music and magic.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Default For Ronnie and His Fans

Like so many, I was devastated to hear that my hero Ronnie James Dio has passed away. I could write at length about how great he was and what a profound effect he had on my life through his music. Instead, I wanted to pass along, for his fans, what I wrote last night. I used his song titles from Elf, Rainbow, Dio, Black Sabbath, and Heaven & Hell to write this tribute to him. I hope you enjoy it.

He was Born on the Sun
    With a voice like thunder from the skies
    A hero who came to warn us
    To avoid the stare of Evil Eyes

A mighty swordsman Killing the Dragon,
    Lock Up the Wolves, and The Devil Cried
    He was a Holy Diver, some say a Stargazer
    I Could Have Been a Dreamer, but he was one of the Neon Knights

He had the Sacred Heart to ask the Man on the Silver Mountain
    Where to find The Sign of the Southern Cross
    He fought the Lord of the Last Day and the Master of the Moon
    To free the Prisoner of Paradise
    He chased the Shadow of the Wind through The Temple of the King
    To Run with the Wolf and swim with the Lady of the Lake
    He heard the Ear in the Wall coming from Heaven and Hell
    Where the Hunter of the Heart kept his Children of the Sea
    He would Dream Evil with the Wild One and forge past the Gates of Babylon
    To defeat The Man Who Would Be King
    He was Hungry for Heaven and went Straight Though the Heart
    To rescue the Throw Away Children
    He asked the Gypsy about the Evil on Queen Street, the Tarot Woman, and the Country Girl
    They were Fallen Angels, Caught in the Middle, and they were Invisible

He gave me Shivers
    Oh, yes, I had Fever Dreams
    I was in Pain from the Evilution
    Feeling like Firehead
    Just a little Voodoo from the Lady Evil
    Kept me from Slipping Away
    Like the Beat of a Heart

Lonely Is the Word
    Over and Over again
    Let it be just Another Lie
    He can’t Die Young

Shame on the Night
    Don’t you feel Guilty
    For leaving us Breathless
    It’s always a Mystery
    As Long As It’s Not About Love

Hey Angel
    Is it true that God Hates Heavy Metal
    If so, then Eat Your Heart Out
    For taking our Night Music
    Is this Death by Love
    I’m another victim of Overlove

I Am, In Dreams
    Some say this is Magica
    Feed My Head or I’ll Turn to Stone
    This has me Twisted up inside
    I feel like I’m Living the Lie

We’ll Hide in the Rainbow
    Where our tears are Naked in the Rain
    When a Woman Cries
    We’ll Turn Up the Night
    And we’ll be The Last in Line

So let All the Fools Sail Away
    Cause we’ll have One More for the Road
    This is our One Night in the City
    With the King of Rock and Roll
    Here’s to You

We Rock
    We Stand Up and Shout
    If You Felt the Same Way
    Then we’re Stars

Still I’m Sad
    I can’t Catch the Rainbow
    I feel Mistreated
    There’s no Light in the Black
    Why did you Kill the King

The Rainbow in the Dark has turned to Black
    Lost on Strange Highways our hero won’t be coming back
    So we sing him a song
    We are his Rock ‘N Roll Children
    Who will keep his memory from Falling off the Edge of the World
    Last edited by RavenLord; 05-18-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Default R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010)

It's been a long time since I last logged onto his forum, and now I do it under the worst circumstances one could possibly imagine. RJD was my #1 idol and hero - a truly gifted musician and lyricist with pipes of steel. What I felt after hearing the tragic news through Facebook was this emptiness. I really couldn't believe it. I can honestly say that I shed a few tears after realizing what had happened. And it hurt a lot more 'cause I was under the impression that he had really good chances of making it through, which in the end he sadly didn't.

Dios music will always be a massive part of my life, whether it's Sabbath, Rainbow or his namesake band. They are all in my top 5 bands of all time: an indicator that the mans music has really touched me. I'm most grateful that I had the chance to see the master on stage last summer with the Sabs in Helsinki 2. of June. It was my first and last concert featuring Dio, and It will remain as the best concert experience of my life. I remember distinctly when I was taking snapshots of the band and RJD looked right at me, smiled and flashed the horns. Of course there were many others taking pics too, but he made it feel like he was doing it just for me. I am of course too young to having seen him with Rainbow, but I wish I could have. And I will always feel a little sad and bitter that I missed seeing Ronnie James with the band Dio, the band where I learned the greatness of him from. And last December it was so damn close too...

Nevertheless, I'm impressed seeing how many younger old school rock/metal fans like me are into Dio and his music. It makes me believe that his music will truly carry on. On the weekend I will dedicate a whole evening to the great mans music. I know he would have had even more to give to the world musically. Metal world and music in general has lost a great musician, and somehow I feel like I lost a great friend too, even though I didn't even know him personally or ever met him face to face... but now his rocking in after life with other greats that have left us, such as Phil Lynott and Cozy Powell.

And after all, I remember reading the great man himself had said after the second reunion with the Sabs in 92´ that this was the band he wishes to end his career with. And Dio did - although not the way he or anyone else hoped, I assume.

THANK YOU RONNIE JAMES DIO FOR THE MUSIC AND GREAT EXPERIENCES YOU LEFT US WITH. YOUR LEGACY WILL LIVE ON FOREVER. YOU WERE A LIVING LEGEND, AND NOW EVEN GREATER ONE. NOW HORNS UP FOR THE MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN, KING OF ROCK & ROLL AND THE VOICE OF METAL!!! YOU ROCK!!!

R.I.P MY IDOL

"This is your life
    This is your time
    What if the flame
    won't last forever
    This is your here
    This is your now
    Let it be magica
    l " RJD - This Is Your Life (1996)
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 05-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

RIP Man On The Silver Mountain
    RIP Rainbow In The Dark
    RIP best singer in the world.

Thanks for everyting. Your legacy will live on & on &...

RavenLord, you nailed it with your fantastic set of tributary lyrics! I think you speak on the behalf of us all, I believe you made Ronnie very happy with your effort. You're definitely a great fan of Ronnie, this was a nice read.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    RavenLord, you nailed it with your fantastic set of tributary lyrics! I think you speak on the behalf of us all, I believe you made Ronnie very happy with your effort. You're definitely a great fan of Ronnie, this was a nice read.
    Indeed Especially that last paragraph was pure excellence, very beautiful:

Quote Originally Posted by RavenLord View Post

The Rainbow in the Dark has turned to Black
    Lost on Strange Highways our hero won’t be coming back
    So we sing him a song
    We are his Rock ‘N Roll Children
    Who will keep his memory from Falling off the Edge of the World
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Now that i've had a few days to let this settle, I feel like i've lost a member of my family. I've been listening to metal for almost 20 years and just about all of it has had Dio in it. Weather it was solo, Sabbath, Rainbow and most recently H&H, Dio was always part of my regular musical rotation in some way through the years. As much as I love Dio I never thought the death of a musician of any kind would affect me the way this has. But he left an unbelievable legacy and a great mark on the hard rock/metal world and he will never be forgotten.
    Nobody will ever let you know
    When you ask the reason why
    They just tell you that you're on your own
    Fill your head all full of lies

I've lost my friend, my mentor, my hero. Goodbye Ronnie, I cannot thank you enough for everything you have ever given to me, Your music has been the soundtrack to my life and will continue to be forevermore.

Thank you for your generousity with your time when we met, thank you for treating me like an old friend.

Thank you for your gift of music, for setting my passion for music, for giving me some of the most memorable moments of my life.

Thank you for the live shows, the albums, the DVDs.

Ronnie I miss you, I am a broken man........but I will cherish the memories you have given me, the hope, the positivity, the joy - you helped me find myself.

You truly are a sacred heart.

All the best my friend.....you are forever with me.

Oli

Irritated Dio

I cant believe he is gone..... I sheded a few tears when I found out he will still live on in our hearts I just wish i would have been able to meet him before he went.

It is to sad on his short stay on Earth he had to go.

Who is next its bad enough Dimebag,Rhandy Rhodes, and Phil Lynott are gone.

But know the Holy Diver himself is gone I really thought he was gonna make it I am still bothered about this tradegy.

"Long Live Rock'n'Roll" Dio lives on forever for he is a Stargazer

I've been running through my Dio collection. "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow", "Rising", "Long Live ROck & Roll", "Heaven and Hell", "Mob Rules", "Dehumanizer", "Dream Evil", "Sacred Heart" and "Holy Diver" all got played in the last 2 days. "THe Last In Line", "Radio City Music Hall", and "The Devil YOu Know" will be up soon. TDYK will be last for obvious reasons. I took a break right now to listen to some Iron Maiden. I think I may have to buy Rainbow's "On Stage". I don't have it yet.

I've actually been doing the same thing.

Starting on Sunday afternoon when I first heard of his passing, I decided that I would not listen to any other music until I went through my entire Dio discography. Since I don't have the Elf albums (not yet, but they're on their way in the mail), I began with "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow," going through all of Dio's work with Rainbow and made it through "Heaven and Hell." Yesterday, I made it through Dio with Sabbath Mk I including the "Live at the Hammersmith Odeon" album and into "Holy Diver." Right now, I'm about half-way through "Sacred Heart."

Ravenlord, that's a great poem put together from Ronnie's lyrics. Wherever he is now, if he could read it, he would definitely give you a salute.

Great to know. I'm also going to be putting more Dio songs on my iPod too. Rainbow, BS/H&H and Dio.

RIP, very sad, he was a legend, a great entertainer, who touched me in a very personal way with his lyrics and his live performances, the times I was lucky to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdoc View Post
    I've actually been doing the same thing.

Starting on Sunday afternoon when I first heard of his passing, I decided that I would not listen to any other music until I went through my entire Dio discography. Since I don't have the Elf albums (not yet, but they're on their way in the mail), I began with "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow," going through all of Dio's work with Rainbow and made it through "Heaven and Hell." Yesterday, I made it through Dio with Sabbath Mk I including the "Live at the Hammersmith Odeon" album and into "Holy Diver." Right now, I'm about half-way through "Sacred Heart."

Ravenlord, that's a great poem put together from Ronnie's lyrics. Wherever he is now, if he could read it, he would definitely give you a salute.
    I didn't manage all the material and I skipped some live works, but in the last 2 days I've listened to:

Rainbow
    Rising
    Long Live Rock N Roll
    Heaven & Hell
    Mob Rules
    Holy Diver
    Last in Line
    Dream Evil
    Dehumanizer
    Strange Highways
    Killing the Dragon
    Evil or Divine Live
    Master of the Moon
    Live @ RCMH
    The Devil You Know

It's been quite a journey to say the least
    ---Life's fantasy: to be locked away and still to think you're free---

Here in Finland, last Sunday was the solemnly celebrated Day Of Remembrance for The Fallen, dedicated to our fallen heroes who gave their lives for Finland back in 1939 - 1945. So now that day carries the memory of Ronnie James Dio as well, the raised Finnish flags all across our country will flutter for him too.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Listening to "Rainbow eyes", I finally burst into tears. Thank you for the music, Ronnie... I just can't stand the thought that it's over. My thoughts are with Ronnie's family and close friends. Thanks to all you people on this forum sharing your thoughts and your tributes.

R.I.P Ronnie,at least I had the chance to see you live once in my life and you delivered brilliantly,you will be deeply missed by many.
    Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
    Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
    My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
    I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
    Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon