Thread: In Tribute...

Hellblazer

Default In Tribute...

I wanted to show my respect and admiration for Ronnie James Dio in some small way and out of inspiration and passion from listening to his discography in this sad time... I decided to create a tribute poster.

I wanted to email this to Joe directly but I couldn't find his contact details on his wonderful site.

So, I have decided to post it here.

This is for you Ronnie...

It is hard to put into mere words the influence Ronnie James Dio's music has had for the majority of my life.

It was through Ronnie that I discovered the majesty of Black Sabbath some 30 years ago with the album 'Heaven & Hell'. An album that to this very day, I have never grown tired of. It remains one of the defining moments of the Heavy Metal genre, an absolute classic opus of monumental melody, lyric and song. It is a masterpiece.

Such was Ronnie's influence in all that he touched.

His music has stood the test of time and like his spirit and golden voice, will live on forever and ever when all of us have come and gone.

I am saddened by his passing but joyous that his music remains.

The world of Metal lost its voice today.
    Last edited by Hellblazer; 05-19-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Wrong path

fucking love the picture mate, just love it!
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

A fantastic poster...no...a work of art! The sepia-like colouring, the gothic logo lettering, the "Goodbye" text insert...It's DIO-ESQUE! Thanks for sharing, I bet Dio himself is smiling at you for your tribute right there and of course Dio knows you as his fan. Cheers.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Looks awesome! Great, great tribute. I would love to have this as a wallpaper on my desktop, actually, if that might be possible sometime.

Banned

That's a great tribute!

What a picture.

Ronnie's looking down and smiling, I think, at all the tributes from people who loved the man and his phenomenal talent.
    He is not here. He has risen!