Default Video from Dio's last performance

I had the privilege of being at what turned out to be the final performance of this incarnation of Sabbath, 8/29/2009 House of Blues in AC. I still can't wrap my head around the idea that we're never see this again. Slap some decent earbuds in and the audio quality is actually not too bad. Hope you guys enjoy. RIP Ronnie.

Heaven and Hell (Part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9bqL3pw2w

Heaven and Hell (Part 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPJz6ze1Gc

Die Young
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41NOVVyqS0

Mob Rules (partial)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM16MYfRBVI

I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKtx0-atuEg

Also a couple others have posted video of this show, there is another cut of "I" out there that is worth your time.

I WAS THERE!!!!

Thanks so much for posting these clips. That will be the finest concert memory for me. I drove 1200 miles round trip to be able to be there.

RIP RJD
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

LOL Hockeytown, did we have this conversation on another site? If not somebody else made that long ass trip too!

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H&H View Post
    I WAS THERE!!!!

Thanks so much for posting these clips. That will be the finest concert memory for me. I drove 1200 miles round trip to be able to be there.

RIP RJD
    I suspect as time will go on, the number of people who said they were there will be 10 times the amount of people that place held.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

My last night seeing them was a few nights before at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. I even audio recorded them myself with my dat recorder so I think I'll pull that recording out and give it a spin. It's sad I'll never get to see them again but I'll cherish the times I did and also meeting them at Vintage Vinyl 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I suspect as time will go on, the number of people who said they were there will be 10 times the amount of people that place held.
    So true Joe. I have video proof I was there thanks to you and Damian.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarsippius67 View Post
    LOL Hockeytown, did we have this conversation on another site? If not somebody else made that long ass trip too!
    No that was me there as well. Just joined over there, never knew it existed. My user name there is H&H as well, as well as my location being Hockeytown as to not have any confusion.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Bigsmile

I was also there. I have my ticket stub as proof. This concert was really and the crowd was really into the concert singing along and you could see the band members were having a good time. As always RJD vocals were great ! Little did I know this would be the last concert RJD would perform. I will never forget this concert!
    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by joan View Post
    I was also there. I have my ticket stub as proof. This concert was really and the crowd was really into the concert singing along and you could see the band members were having a good time. As always RJD vocals were great ! Little did I know this would be the last concert RJD would perform. I will never forget this concert!
    Awesome, Joan. Indeed that was a great night!

In case you're interested some others have recently posted vids from that night to youtube, there's a nice version of Children of the Sea out there

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Day Warrior View Post
    My last night seeing them was a few nights before at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. I even audio recorded them myself with my dat recorder so I think I'll pull that recording out and give it a spin. It's sad I'll never get to see them again but I'll cherish the times I did and also meeting them at Vintage Vinyl 2 years ago.
    WOW if you put audio from the Garden show out there, please let us know where to find! That would be just outstanding!

Thank you very much for these clips!!

Given Wendy Dio is busy right now, my request is not up front, but if/when approved, Damian & I have a treat along these lines you're gonna love.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Nice....I will patiently stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Yeah me too. I was there. I drove 7,000 miles from South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Hopefully the Atlantic City show was professionally captured for a future DVD release.

That's what I hope.
    Well, it wasn't. Not exactly. But theres more about this night to be revealed, as Joe has stated. There is a proper protocol we feel is necessary here, and our wish to move forward is something that we only want to do with Wendy and the band's blessing, and these things take time. But we should know more very soon.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Hopefully the Atlantic City show was professionally captured for a future DVD release.

That's what I hope.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

I just watched this footage. It must have been a show of epic proportions & majestic heights. No-one knew this show would be the last in line. I hope people lived all the shows of the past tours to their fullest extent, I know I did every time. Every time I saw Ronnie James Dio on stage, I rocked with him like it was the last time ever. Because you never, never know what happens and when. Every time he left the stage I prayed for him and wished him fortune & well-being.

Sounds like Dio's voice & performance was at his top-of-the-line form & shape based on the performance of this song, the greatest masterpiece of heavy metal. Nice & always unique live riff jamming from Tony!

There just isn't a greater song in existence, there just isn't a greater vocalist in existence.

God I hope this show will be released in the future. Please.
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 05-23-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

'I' was amazing, thank you

This one isn't mine, but I found a nice version of Children of the Sea from the AC show, video quality is really nice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hniaoud1iYQ
    Thanks Ronnie
    Heaven and Hell - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tiLtInN8EM
    Die Young - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post

That's what I hope.
    It was not.

@sabbathman

Yes, Ronnie's voice still sounded great, amazing for his age, even more amazing now that we know he was probably already sick at this point... My friends I and remarked after the show that must have gotten and end-of-the-tour treat with Iommi's riffing on Heaven & Hell. I've seen the song performed live by H&H 4 times, the other times clocked in around 12 minutes, this time was easily 5 minutes longer than any other time....

@erock

"I" was one of my favorites from this particular show too. that and "After All" are IMO two of the best lesser known songs from the Dio years
    Thanks Ronnie
    Heaven and Hell - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tiLtInN8EM
    Die Young - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City

iceman

There he is, looks good, sounds great. Gone. God we're gonna miss him. Rest in peace Ronnie

I went to the MSG show on this tour, it was a great night. Was going to get tickets for this show but didn't, really wish I had.

this is the last Dio's Performance?!?!?!?
    about one year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahand View Post
    this is the last Dio's Performance?!?!?!?
    about one year ago?
    The last time he performed was August 29, 2009. He was originally scheduled to tour Europe for 6 weeks at the end of last year, but the entire tour was canceled after he was diagnosed. The dates of those non-shows are still listed on Ronnies website, but they never happened.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Wonder why they never cleaned up the website for those cancelled shows?? But I keep hearing about Atlantic City being the last show, confirmed here so I guess this was it. Nice to have some videos out there on youtube, too bad there isn't the whole show....

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, here are a couple more videos I found on youtube from the final show that I didn't see listed here.

"Bible Black"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzq0XgE9psA

Another version of "I"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWoPY...eature=related

3 or 4 different people have put up videos from that show of full-length songs, a good portion of the setlist is out there......

I too was there on that hot muggy August night.. will nver forget it! Wished I had met some of you, maybe someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I too was there on that hot muggy August night.. will nver forget it! Wished I had met some of you, maybe someday...
    Same here!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com