Default Headless Cross re-releases

I am really not fond of this album, but I think at least part of the reason why is the production. I've never heard anyone else complain about it, but in my opinion, the production is piss poor. But of course, this may be because I have the IRS release. There are two other re-releases of this album, correct? I think one was Classic Rock remasters, and what's the other one? In what order did they come out? Which one sounds the best?
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Sun View Post
    I am really not fond of this album, but I think at least part of the reason why is the production. I've never heard anyone else complain about it, but in my opinion, the production is piss poor. But of course, this may be because I have the IRS release. There are two other re-releases of this album, correct? I think one was Classic Rock remasters, and what's the other one? In what order did they come out? Which one sounds the best?
    I know only of the original IRS release and the Classic Rock remaster. The IRS release has a great soundscape in my mind, it's well balanced, clear & dynamic. And I have the volume knob, not the company. Same thing goes with the albums Tyr, Dehumanizer & Cross Purposes.

What I want from the possible official re-release of these albums are the original artwork (without the pale hues & white frames that the Classic Rock remasters have) and all the possible bonus tracks, e.g. I would love to have "Cloak & Dagger" on the re-release of Headless Cross.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Any re-release isn't going to change the production. It is what it is. I understand what you are saying. I'm not a fan of it either. It has a very dated, late-1980s sound to it. The first time I heard it, I thought that it reminded me of something one might find on the "Nightmare On Elm Street part 5" soundtrack or some other late '80s teen slasher flick. you'd probably need to remix the album for there to bea drastic change but I don't see that happening.

Yeah the production is the main reason I don't rank this as highly as some of the other albums with Tony Martin. The production is way too drum and keyboard heavy and doesn't emphasise Iommi's guitar playing enough.

If this album had a remix like Born Again will have (I hope), then it would most definitely sound better. Well, as long as the engineer had done his job right.