Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Heaven and Hell tribute gig Setlist for High Voltage festival!

Looks like a great set, with some of my favourite songs;

1. The Mob Rules Jorn Lande vocals

2. I Jorn Lande vocals

3. Country Girl Glenn Hughes vocals

4. Children of the Sea Glenn Hughes vocals

5. Turn Up The Night Jorn Lande vocals

6. Voodoo Jorn Lande vocals

7. Bible Black Glenn Hughes vocals

8. Falling Off the Edge of the World Glenn Hughes vocals

9. Die Young Jorn Lande vocals

10. Heaven and Hell Jorn Lande/Glenn Hughes vocals

Encore:

11. Neon Knights Jorn Lande/Glenn Hughes vocals (with Phil Anselmo)

Great set played one of my favourites Turn up the Night, but there all favourites. Look's like it was a good concert, got the setlist from Setlist. fm. i'm hoping there's gonna be some youtube vids or something. (RIP Ronnie, were gonna miss you)

That is where I get all of my setlists as well. If you look near the bottom for people who have edited the setlist and click on ravenheart, near the bottom of his page is the conversation I had with him where I asked him if he was serious about TUN being played.

Awesome setlist.
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

First upload of the H&H tribute, Wendy Dio addresses the crowd backed by th eband.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzyjFx39uQ

Note: the camera guys out in front ~ they'll be more coming out soon i suspect, and professionally done too ..........

patience grasshopper patience ......

Bigsmile

It look like a great concert and a great set list. Wish I could of attended. I am sure Ronnie was watching from the other side and thrilled that he was so loved by his fans and friends. RIP Ronnie James Dio.
    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Great set list. I knew Phil Anselmo would show up for a song or two, wonder how he did on Neon Knights.
    I'm sure Ronnie enjoyed it, as I'm sure the fans did.

Great setlist & from the video it looks like it may have been filmed for a possible release because of the cameras at the front - I hope so - saw this review on Blabbermouth as well - http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=143490
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Great set list. I knew Phil Anselmo would show up for a song or two, wonder how he did on Neon Knights.
    I'm sure Ronnie enjoyed it, as I'm sure the fans did.
    Reports say Anselmo came on stage and "grabbed" the mike from Hughes. I asked Geezer if it was planned. No reply yet.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Reports say Anselmo came on stage and "grabbed" the mike from Hughes. I asked Geezer if it was planned. No reply yet.
    I know, but I had a feeling he'd show up regardless. My comment about Ronnie enjoying it was geared more towards the set itself rather than Phil's surprise.

Can't wait to watch/hear this. I hadn't expected to see Turn Up the Night or Country Girl there. Nor had I expected that Glenn would be singing Bible Black.

A fitting setlist, really. Should've been much longer, but that's the curse of festivals.

I hope they release the video of it for all the fans across the world.

Banned

That is a great set list...Very nice too them pulling Turn Up The Night and Country Girl...Didn't think that would happen...

Nice way to split the vocal duties I'd say...

Also great to see Phil make an appearance too! Knowing how big of a fan of Sabbath and Ronnie he is...and the crazy fellow he is as well!

Thanks a lot for the video there SS...Damn it made me cry again...
    Also Glenn & Jorn did hell of a job...much better than I would have ever thought.
    I'm sure Ronnie would be proud!
    Last edited by Charger; 07-25-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Great gig, both Hughes and Jorn sound great. Anyone noticed that Vinny has different drum set?

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Knight View Post
    Great gig, both Hughes and Jorn sound great. Anyone noticed that Vinny has different drum set?
    I was just coming to post that. Looks like a very small kit compared to what he normally plays.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Turn Up The Night

Cant wait to hear/see this.
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Good set and a nice tribute to Ronnie. But after all these years CG and TUTN should've made their comeback to the set with Dio on vocals
    Nobody will ever let you know
    When you ask the reason why
    They just tell you that you're on your own
    Fill your head all full of lies

No quibbles with the set list - I really was expecting nothing in that area and they pleasantly surprised me with the inclusion of "Turn Up The Night". Nice to see a full performance of "Country Girl" after the truncated version they'd had been playing in recent years.

I feel very good about this sendoff for the Heaven and Hell project. It is a shame that the band couldn't be the co-headliners along with ZZ, but all in all, that's a very minor point. A fitting tribute to one of rock music's most durable voices.

Jorn sounds great on Die Young! Not digging Glenn's vocals all that much from what I've heard so far. Thanks for the links! Keep 'em coming!
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away

Banned

Funnily. I'm thinking exactly the opposite about the vocalists... I think Jorn just sounds & looks so... Pedestrian... Hughes (whilst not the star he thinks he is!) just has the class, voice & charisma to pull it off.
    Last edited by devilmaycare; 07-25-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Intro / Mob Rules (Lande) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiA6FQ2PJnE

Quote Originally Posted by dioivanov View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. Lande sounds awesome, he sings Mob Rules the same way Ronnie did.

Great performances, a lot of fun to see. I love watching this stuff!

But as nice and convenient as the whole YouTube movement is, does anyone else notice the zombie-like audiences these days? Granted, this is a festival with many different performers but it's disappointing to see so many concert goers focused on getting the perfect recording on their cell phone that there is little to no reaction to some of these performances.

There is no way in hell I could ever stand there with my hands at my sides as Tony rips into Neon Knights.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Love the coat Geezer's wearing, very cool and classy....

Here are some pics from the show Ive shot last night (I was right in front central)
    Iam still far away from home so I cant elaborate more on the show now !
    All in all it was really a very good show and Iommi/Geezer & Vinny were really on top form as always !
    Will post a brief review of the whole fest and H&H show after I fly back home on Thursday ! cheers everyone ....

http://picasaweb.google.com/arch.oss...eat=directlink

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    Great performances, a lot of fun to see. I love watching this stuff!

But as nice and convenient as the whole YouTube movement is, does anyone else notice the zombie-like audiences these days? Granted, this is a festival with many different performers but it's disappointing to see so many concert goers focused on getting the perfect recording on their cell phone that there is little to no reaction to some of these performances.

There is no way in hell I could ever stand there with my hands at my sides as Tony rips into Neon Knights.
    I was wondering that myself... Was there a "gold ticket" affair at the front? I have never seen a festival audience that close to the stage being so... well... LAME!

Quote Originally Posted by dioivanov View Post
    Great quality! Jorn does sound great on that, even better than he sounded on Die Young.
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaycare View Post
    I was wondering that myself... Was there a "gold ticket" affair at the front? I have never seen a festival audience that close to the stage being so... well... LAME!
    Haha, right? I remember storming the front of the stage many a times in the past and it had nothing to do with camera angles. Times they are a-changin'
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    Haha, right? I remember storming the front of the stage many a times in the past and it had nothing to do with camera angles. Times they are a-changin'
    Ha! Yeah, people seem to be respecting each others... PERSONAL SPACE! Jesus! I've had Doc Martins, studded belts, even carving knives (yes really, luckily handle first) hit me in the head at festivals... Now, I'm saying I would prefer that but this crowd seems a little quaint!

The memorial concert must have been something powerful & memorable indeed...

...the tears turned into a massive rain, the heavy riffs turned into a brutal thunder & lightning...a once-in-a-lifetime storm just passed over my town from south to north!!!

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Funnily. I'm thinking exactly the opposite about the vocalists... I think Jorn just sounds & looks so... Pedestrian... Hughes (whilst not the star he thinks he is!) just has the class, voice & charisma to pull it off.
    Agreed. Listening to them doing Heaven and Hell together, I think it's evident that Hughes does Dio much better than Lande. I do like both of them though Lande doesn't seem to be much of a showman compared to Hughes. Judging from those clips alone, he really should leave the bass at home more often

It's like Glenn's personal Tosh.0 Web Redemption, had he had some live footage from the 1986 shows. Way to go Glenn.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Ha! Yeah, people seem to be respecting each others... PERSONAL SPACE! Jesus! I've had Doc Martins, studded belts, even carving knives (yes really, luckily handle first) hit me in the head at festivals...
    What band was that?

I have yet to see and hear these clips but I agree with you that generally talking Glenn Hughes is much more emotional and charismatic than Jorn. I've seen Hughes several times, even singing when he was sick just after really talented and young rock singers and there was no comparison, Glenn's voice may not be liked by some by his charisma and ability to excite people from a stage is quite unique. The Fused line-up with Geezer on bass and Hughes just singing would be much better than Jorn-Iommi-Butler-Appice imo.

The Fused line-up with Geezer on bass and Hughes just singing would be much better than Jorn-Iommi-Butler-Appice imo.
    Agree with that. Though Glenn might be the better bass player for that material.

Banned

Agreed. Geezer would be a third wheel on that stuff. And Hughes just works better with a bass strapped round his neck!

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kenneth View Post
    What band was that?
    The belt was Reading '82... three stitches in the back of the head because some twat thought it would look good to twirl it around over his head.

The knife was Donnington '81 during Blue Oyster Cult's set. I mean, yeah... They were shit & all kinds of crap was airborne & headed stageward... but it takes a special kind of psycho to

i) Take a carving knife with an 8" blade to a rock concert

And (I think, far more importantly)

ii) Throw the fucking thing into the most densely populated part of the crowd! As my dearly departed old Dad said when i told him... "What a cunt!"

The DM? That could have been any BIG DAY OUT in Sydney during the 90's...

Hughes is a really good bass player but his abilities as showman and frontman probably have been underrated partially cause he was always even a bass player. I've seen Hughes live several times, always playing bass and singing and he was always great. Then I've recently seen Glenn performing in a huge Guitar heroes festival in Italy, with Malmsteen, Aldrich, Lynch, Batten and many others, during some songs he came on stage as the sole singer, without the bass guitar (played by Neil Murray) and he showed how great he is even without the bass guitar. I wouldn't want to see Tony without Geezer and I don't think Geezer would be any less important than he was with Ozzy or Ronnie in the band. In a way he's always been the third weel though he's always been very important with his deep bass lines (and often even his lyrics). The contrast of styles is one of the things that can be really interesting in music. I could see Glenn singing on some Dio era tunes like Children of The Sea, Heaven and Hell, even Bible Black, and doing lots of Fused with some Glenn era Sabbath tracks like Seventh Star. I think Geezer could fit really well. And it would be something different for Glenn that could be a frontman 100% just focusing on singing and keeping the crowd hot (something he manages to do well even when he does the double duty vocals-bass).

ps: just think about the song "The Spell" from "Fused"with Geezer Butler on bass, musically talking it's obviously a Tony Iommi track that would have been a GREAT Black Sabbath song on a new Ronnie-Ozzy fronted Black Sabbath studio album.

I would love to see Iommi-Hughes together even with Glenn on bass, I just think it would have less appeal for some of the stuff they could play and for some of the territories they could follow. There's a kinda heavy and painted black A.O.R./melodic rock vein even in Tony's blood and even Geezer has some unexplored chops he could focus on working with somebody like Hughes.
    Last edited by blackblood; 07-26-2010 at 02:49 PM.