Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

It was too damn hot/humid to mosh or go completely nuts, I thought the crowd was plenty loud from where I was standing almost right in the centre.

I think tamer crowds are just a sign of the times. I'm 24, love heavy metal/hard rock, hell I even play the guitar but I've never been one for headbanging or going nuts. Its just a personal preference, I go to concerts to enjoy the show not bang my head and miss the whole thing.

I'll yell and clap but I'm not about to go crazy headbanging and miss out on the show. Young people are generally more reserved these days than in the past as far as that stuff goes. Going to spend all day at Ozzfest, I'm not coming back with a sprained neck that's for sure.

Hell, Tony Iommi was never one for headbanging either. Geezer and Ozzy can do that all on their own, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MH1986 View Post
    I think tamer crowds are just a sign of the times. I'm 24, love heavy metal/hard rock, hell I even play the guitar but I've never been one for headbanging or going nuts. Its just a personal preference, I go to concerts to enjoy the show not bang my head and miss the whole thing.

I'll yell and clap but I'm not about to go crazy headbanging and miss out on the show. Young people are generally more reserved these days than in the past as far as that stuff goes. Going to spend all day at Ozzfest, I'm not coming back with a sprained neck that's for sure.

Hell, Tony Iommi was never one for headbanging either. Geezer and Ozzy can do that all on their own, lol.
    you sound like a Very Smart young man

Banned

Tbh, I consider the concert a failure if it didn't get me to move around in some way. What use is listening to music if I don't get to channel that into energy/excitement?

In UK these last days of August, will be broadcasted the Heaven's and Hell Tribute Show!

HEAVEN & HELL: Highlights From RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Concert To Air On U.K.'s SKY ARTS - Aug. 20, 2010

On August 28 at 9:00 p.m. local time, U.K. cable satellite channel Sky Arts will broadcast presumably professionally filmed highlights from the High Voltage festival at Victoria Park in London, England, including the July 24, 2010 performance by surviving HEAVEN & HELL members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice as a tribute to their fallen bandmate, Ronnie James Dio. Also scheduled to be broadcast are clips from ZZ TOP, EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER, FOREIGNER and GARY MOORE.

Iommi, Butler and Appice were joined at the High Voltage festival by legendary former DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH man Glenn Hughes and Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, who sings for power metallers MASTERPLAN and has just released his own tribute to Ronnie.

The setlist was as follows (vocalist for each track listed in parenthesis):

01. The Mob Rules (Jorn Lande)
    02. I (Jorn Lande)
    03. Country Girl (Glenn Hughes)
    04. Children Of The Sea (Glenn Hughes)
    05. Turn Up The Night (Jorn Lande)
    06. Voodoo (Jorn Lande)
    07. Bible Black (Glenn Hughes)
    08. Falling Off The Edge Of The World (Glenn Hughes)
    09. Die Young (Jorn Lande)
    10. Heaven And Hell (Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes)
    11. Neon Knights (Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes, Philip Anselmo)
    The complete note in Babblermouth...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=144864

Regards.

Banned

Heaven and Hell have been nomited for an award for their preformance at High Voltage in honor of the late great Ronnie James Dio.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Iommi.com
    Heaven and Hell have been nominated for the Critics Choice Award for their High Voltage Tribute show for Ronnie James Dio in July this year. The UK Festival Award winners are decided purely by the public, final nominations are announced on October 6th and voting will continue until October 27th.

To place your vote visit: uk.festivalawards.com

How come Tony Martin didn't perform at the Heaven and Hell Tribute to Ronnie James Dio?I think Tony Martin would've loved the opportunity to give his respect to Dio by performing his songs.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

B.u.m.p.........
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    How come Tony Martin didn't perform at the Heaven and Hell Tribute to Ronnie James Dio?I think Tony Martin would've loved the opportunity to give his respect to Dio by performing his songs.
    Probably boils down to the already established issues between Sabbath and Tony Martin. Of course it would have been a nice gesture to ask TM, and for him to perform but it is what it is I guess.
    Could have been that they had Hughes and Lande in mind from the get go.

Wonder if anyone has ever asked Tony Martin for his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Probably boils down to the already established issues between Sabbath and Tony Martin. Of course it would have been a nice gesture to ask TM, and for him to perform but it is what it is I guess.
    Could have been that they had Hughes and Lande in mind from the get go.

Wonder if anyone has ever asked Tony Martin for his thoughts?
    Thanks for answering SweetSymptom, I spoke to Doc last night briefly and he told me the same thing, I think the professional thing to have done would've been to put personal things aside and have the man come up and do a song or two, it would've been nice to have Ian Gillan come up and do a number as well.

I'd love to hear Tony Martin's thoughts on this, I don't have facebook so I can't ask him on there.

I don't know why he was treated so unjustly by Tony Iommi, he put out five studio albums plus the live album. If Tony didn't think he was good enough or worth keeping around or even deserved respect, why didn't he let him go and bring someone else in to handle the mic? Or just completely dissolve the band and pursue his solo career like he wanted to?

I don't think that was very honorable on Tony's part to treat Martin like that, Tony Martin was given a job to do and he did it.

Phil Anselmo came up on stage and performed, from what I've read on here, he had nothing to do with Black Sabbath except for the IommI album.

Banned

I seriously don't think Tony Martin was even considered...plus Tony has said that he'd never EVER do anything with Sabbath again no matter what...but as far as I know there's really know beef between the two Tony's anymore...water under the bridge...atleast as far as Martin's concerned.

I never understood why Jorn Lande was involved though, the guy is a complete nobody....and he has no voice, no stage presense, nothing...and no connection to Sabbath what so ever.

Glenn I can understand since he and Ronnie were friends and he and Tony are friends...but again everyone knows how I feel about Glenn's "singing"....so he wasn't the right choice either.

Phil just came on stage to sing Neon Knights...he wasn't invited or anything...he was just at the side of the stage rockin' out and somebody gave him a mic...

Ian Gillan would have been great, but his versions of Ronnie's songs weren't all that great back in the day...and I think Purple were on the road at the time...can't remember for sure though...

As far as Tony Martin's unjust treatment goes...it was what it was...at the time Iommi was totally in charge and he wasn't the nicest guy in the world at the time either...you can clearly get that from Tony's book too...and I think he regrets some of the things he did too...

I was thinking on the basis that it was a tribute to one of the greatest personalities and singers in Rock music in honor of Ronnie James Dio, so it would've been nice to see Martin up there or anyone who would've wanted to step up and honor Ronnie like Phil Anselmo did, I'm sure Tony Martin would've done it if given the chance or invite, and would've done a better job covering the Dio songs.

I don't care for Jorn Lande either.