Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ozzy's New Tour

Default Ozzy's New Tour

Looks like those who missed out on Ozzfest will get another shot at seeing him this year. Seems like if any kind of reunion talk comes to fruition, it will be 2011 before that ball gets rolling. And if his voice leaves him again, Rob will already be in the building!

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...gether_1164970
    Last edited by Damian; 09-10-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

He's not coming to Australia! WHY! Times i wish i still lived in England. I just want him to finish the tour so Black sabbath can get back together for a reunion.

Thumbsup

Halford+ Ozzy= Win. I can't wait for the new Halford cd. Just a few more weeks!!!

I'm gonna try and go see this tour,Halford will be great to see too!
    Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
    Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
    My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
    I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
    Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

trying to find a presale code for the shows in NY and NJ. Still no luck. Presale starts tomorrow....

I'll be seeing him in Toronto. Sadly I can't find a pre-sale pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian
    Seems like if any kind of reunion talk comes to fruition, it will be 2011 before that ball gets rolling.
    I spoke with Ozzy's keyboardist Adam Wakeman last week and he said they'd come back to play Finland again next year. Sounded like a done deal, so with the "Scream" tour getting extended, the reunion stuff might be even further off, if it's going to happen at all. We shall see.

Floor tickets at the Canada Air Center are $333.00.

They were $117.00 in 2007.

I think they are even going to add more North American dates because the west coast is non existent. Man, Halford opening is the perfect choice for an Ozzy solo tour. This is a must see show.
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

There was a bit of a price jack but after seeing the setlists hes doing it doesn't bother me. Already got my ticket in the first 10 rows and I can't wait for November.

Quote Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
    Floor tickets at the Canada Air Center are $333.00.

They were $117.00 in 2007.
    The current ACC tickets for the November show are in fact 105.25, not $333.00. I have floor seat tickets in my hand. Row 8

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post
    There was a bit of a price jack but after seeing the setlists hes doing it doesn't bother me. Already got my ticket in the first 10 rows and I can't wait for November.
    What did you pay for your tickets?
    Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 10-11-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Ozzy's set from Tokyo Forum on the 13th. Good God, the man isn't letting up! Incredible!

1. Bark at the Moon
    2. Let Me Hear You Scream
    3. Mr. Crowley
    4. I Don't Know
    5. Fairies Wear Boots
    6. Suicide Solution
    7. Road To Nowhere
    8. War Pigs
    9. Fire in the Sky
    10. Shot in the Dark
    11. Rat Salad
    12. Iron Man
    13. Killer of Giants
    14. Flying High Again
    15. I Don't Want to Change the World
    16. Crazy Train
    Encore:
    17. Mama, I'm Coming Home
    18. Paranoid
    19. No More Tears
    20. Into the Void

Quote Originally Posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
    He's not coming to Australia! WHY! Times i wish i still lived in England. I just want him to finish the tour so Black sabbath can get back together for a reunion.

You do know he's not touring England either, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    You do know he's not touring England either, right?
    not at the minute but he was at the start of the tour, and how many times do bands come to Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    The current ACC tickets for the November show are in fact 105.25, not $333.00. I have floor seat tickets in my hand. Row 8

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

What did you pay for your tickets?
    I paided 105.25. I goofed when I said there was a price jack. I was comparing the price of my floor seat to the price of my stands seat from last time. :do

The tour is starting six days from now in Victoria. Not long now!

Tommy Clufetos said on Twitter that they're rehearsing some new songs that they might bring out so I wouldn't expect to hear/see the same setlist thats been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
    not at the minute but he was at the start of the tour, and how many times do bands come to Australia?

don't worry! I feel your pain
    Won't you help me Mr. Jesus?

The new leg of the Scream tour kicks off tonight in Canada! Who is going, and what are you hoping to hear live? Will the rejuvenated setlist stay intact, and do you think the current renaissance Ozzy's voice is having will hold up throughout the tour? I may end up seeing him in NY or NJ for his birthday, and/or Vegas. I remember seeing him the night he ended up turning 40 on Zakks first tour with him, Anthrax opened up and most of the first ten rows of seats were destroyed. One of cushions ended up on stage and Ozzy threw it like a frisbee. It landed in the crowd and was ripped to shreds instantly by fans fighting for a unique keepsake. 22 years later, there is still that anticipation of seeing something unique at an Ozzy show. Have great and safe tour, Oz.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Quote Originally Posted by BackStreetKid View Post
    don't worry! I feel your pain
    Thanks

OK, so I am a liar. I have a buddy who has never seen Ozzy. Bugging the heck out of me to go see him. Top that off with all of your talk here abou the new tour, and the set list, so......Guess who is going to see the Oz man, after not seeing him in 22 years???

That's right..ME. I have tickets for 02.12.11 in Detroit. Should be interesting.

and yes, I am excited to be going.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Quote Originally Posted by H&H View Post
    OK, so I am a liar. I have a buddy who has never seen Ozzy. Bugging the heck out of me to go see him. Top that off with all of your talk here abou the new tour, and the set list, so......Guess who is going to see the Oz man, after not seeing him in 22 years???

That's right..ME. I have tickets for 02.12.11 in Detroit. Should be interesting.

Hope he holds up for you, dude. This last Ozzfest tour was impressive, but who knows what he will bring to the stage in February. 22 years is a long time, you missed everything after No Rest for the Wicked, so even just from a completest stance, you should get your money's worth.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

The set list looks very good. I hope it holds up as is through February. It should be a good show either way, but the more songs the better.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

I really hope he comes to Aus, luckily Bob Dylans coming next April!!

i just read an interview where Ozzy talked about his 3 hour Canadian shows in 2003 and that he wants to repeat it this time around. Toronto ACC in 2weeks!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

lookig forward to Fairies Wear Boots, Fire in the Sky

Quote Originally Posted by H&H View Post

I saw Ozzy with Sabbath in '99 but have not been to an Ozzy Osbourne concert in 27 years (March 1984), during the Bark at the Moon tour. And so yeah, guess who's going to see the Oz in December?!?!? In fact, I'm going with the same buddy I went with to the '84 concert. Should be fun.

Default Guess he doesn't want it that badly.

i just read an interview where Ozzy talked about his 3 hour Canadian shows in 2003 and that he wants to repeat it this time around. Toronto ACC in 2weeks!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

lookig forward to Fairies Wear Boots, Fire in the Sky
    3 HOURS MY ASS

Its still a good set, more then we've come to expect from Ozzy before he kicked it in high gear earlier this year, but this resembles more of a "taste of Ozzfest 2010" rather then an actual album-support tour. There's only ONE song less then 20 years old here! It would be nice to see SOMETHING different from Ozzfest when I see him in the States, besides that the concert is now indoors!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

The Victoria setlist has me a little worried... I'm seeing him tomorrow night at the Vancouver show and to be honest if he does the same setlist as he did in Victoria I'll be a little disappointed. 14 songs + Rat Salad is a decent set but what got me excited for this tour in the first place were the big 16/17/18 song sets.

Oh well, still gonna have a blast. 14 is still one better than 13, which is what I got last time. Will report with details tomorrow night or Monday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    3 HOURS MY ASS

Its still a good set, more then we've come to expect from Ozzy before he kicked it in high gear earlier this year, but this resembles more of a "taste of Ozzfest 2010" rather then an actual album-support tour. There's only ONE song less then 20 years old here! It would be nice to see SOMETHING different from Ozzfest when I see him in the States, besides that the concert is now indoors!
    well i wouldnt get worried after just one show. we'll see. in 03 not all shows were 3 hours but the one i saw was

I think what makes this tour so damn great is that he's extending the set list at different times. This time, if you truly do "GO EXTRA, EXTRA FUCKING CRAZY!" he's staying out for a second encore and blowing through another 4 extra songs.

A decent crowd and if his vocals are holding up, you may get a little something special!

Victoria BC Setlist: From 11.12.10

1. Bark at the Moon

2. Let Me Hear You Scream

3. Mr. Crowley

4. I Don't Know

5. Fairies Wear Boots

6. Suicide Solution

7. War Pigs

8. Killer of Giants

9. Shot in the Dark

10. Rat Salad
    (Guitar and Drum Solos)

11. Iron Man

12. I Don't Want to Change the World

13. Crazy Train

Encore:
    14. Mama, I'm Coming Home

15. Paranoid

Set has been shortened to 15 songs. Wonder what it will look like come February.

thats the setlist from 2 nights ago!

well i wouldnt get worried after just one show. we'll see. in 03 not all shows were 3 hours but the one i saw was
    Lucky!

Holy fuck.

Just... Holy fuck.

Just got back from the Vancouver show.

I'll get to the fucking point: It was awesome.

Ozzy played for two and a half hours. Took the stage around 10 to eight and left around quarter past 11.

20 songs plus Rat Salad.

I don't remember the specific order but it was something like this:

Bark at the Moon
    Let Me Hear You Scream
    Mr Crowley
    Suicide Solution
    Fairies Wear Boots
    I Don't Know
    Road to Nowhere
    Rat Salad
    Shot in the Dark
    Iron Man
    Killer of Giants
    War Pigs
    Flying High Again
    Believer
    No More Tears
    Into the Void
    NIB
    I Don't Wanna Change the World
    Crazy Train
    -----
    Mama I'm Coming Home
    Paranoid

New to the set (I think) are Believer, Flying High and NIB.

When Shot in the Dark kicked in thats when the gig went from "Good" to "Fucking awesome". I realized then and there how awesome it was to hear that song live (its one of my favourites).

Dedicated Mama I'm Comin Home to Dio (which added a weird twist to the song lol but its the sentiment that counts)

Did a harmonica bit but didn't do The Wizard (nearly shit my pants when he brought out the harp). Could appear on sets in the future.

Ozzy was in top form. His voice was very good. It cracked here and there and it strained at parts but he still delivered. I actually think that as a frontman he upstaged Halford, which is really saying something. Let Me Hear You Scream had a backing track (most prominently in the chorus) but I don't care, the song was great live. He did lots of jumping around and running around and bowing to us and shit. It was classic Oz. He even threw a few buckets and unlike the last time I saw him the water made it past the first row.

Gus G earned my respect tonight. He was fucking awesome (though he had a hard time on some Zakk tunes). Incredibly fluid playing. Tommy Clufetos is a goddamn monster on a stool. When Gus and Blasko were tossing out picks he tossed out his drum heads lol.

On the Sabbath tunes Adam Wakemen played rhythm guitar. That was pretty cool.

Overall it was an incredible gig. The guys over in Victoria must be pissed off.

Ozzy wasn't kidding when he was talking about repeating history with the 2003 Canadian gigs. Tommy Clufetos just said on Twitter that they played the very longest they were allowed to play.

Any worries I had were shattered and pissed on.

Holy fuck.

Just... Holy fuck.

Just got back from the Vancouver show.

I'll get to the fucking point: It was awesome.

Ozzy played for two and a half hours. Took the stage around 10 to eight and left around quarter past 11.

20 songs plus Rat Salad.

I don't remember the specific order but it was something like this:

Bark at the Moon
    Let Me Hear You Scream
    Mr Crowley
    Suicide Solution
    Fairies Wear Boots
    I Don't Know
    Road to Nowhere
    Rat Salad
    Shot in the Dark
    Iron Man
    Killer of Giants
    War Pigs
    Flying High Again
    Believer
    No More Tears
    Into the Void
    NIB
    I Don't Wanna Change the World
    Crazy Train
    -----
    Mama I'm Coming Home
    Paranoid

New to the set (I think) are Believer, Flying High and NIB.

When Shot in the Dark kicked in thats when the gig went from "Good" to "Fucking awesome". I realized then and there how awesome it was to hear that song live (its one of my favourites).

Dedicated Mama I'm Comin Home to Dio (which added a weird twist to the song lol but its the sentiment that counts)

Did a harmonica bit but didn't do The Wizard (nearly shit my pants when he brought out the harp). Could appear on sets in the future.

Ozzy was in top form. His voice was very good. It cracked here and there and it strained at parts but he still delivered. I actually think that as a frontman he upstaged Halford, which is really saying something. Let Me Hear You Scream had a backing track (most prominently in the chorus) but I don't care, the song was great live. He did lots of jumping around and running around and bowing to us and shit. It was classic Oz. He even threw a few buckets and unlike the last time I saw him the water made it past the first row.

Gus G earned my respect tonight. He was fucking awesome (though he had a hard time on some Zakk tunes). Incredibly fluid playing. Tommy Clufetos is a goddamn monster on a stool. When Gus and Blasko were tossing out picks he tossed out his drum heads lol.

On the Sabbath tunes Adam Wakemen played rhythm guitar. That was pretty cool.

Overall it was an incredible gig. The guys over in Victoria must be pissed off.

Ozzy wasn't kidding when he was talking about repeating history with the 2003 Canadian gigs. Tommy Clufetos just said on Twitter that they played the very longest they were allowed to play.

Any worries I had were shattered and pissed on.
    Must have been great, i think this is the first time he's played NIB then for this tour! Great Set and he even played Believer! Your a lucky man.......
    Hope he comes to Australia......as i've said many times...

I couldn't believe it (lol) when they did Believer. I heard the bass notes and I thought "Wtf is this?" And then it clicked and it was like HOLY SHIT. And that was just after he did Flying High Again.

Diary of a Madman got good treatment tonight. Four Blizzard tunes and two Diary. Thats a high concentration of Rhoads right there. And Gus plays Rhoads really well.

And according to setlist.fm this is the first time hes done NIB and Believer. He did Flying High a few times before.

And if anyone is curious, I didn't hear "I can't fucking hear you!" until at least 10 songs in. Probably more like 15.
    Last edited by 62_SG; 11-15-2010 at 04:28 AM.

I couldn't believe it (lol) when they did Believer. I heard the bass notes and I thought "Wtf is this?" And then it clicked and it was like HOLY SHIT. And that was just after he did Flying High Again.

Diary of a Madman got good treatment tonight. Four Blizzard tunes and two Diary. Thats a high concentration of Rhoads right there. And Gus plays Rhoads really well.

And according to setlist.fm this is the first time hes done NIB and Believer. He did Flying High a few times before.

And if anyone is curious, I didn't hear "I can't fucking hear you!" until at least 10 songs in. Probably more like 15.
    Encouraging news! NIB, No More Tears, and Flying High Again are great songs for the setlist. And I'm glad he is no longer using Road to Nowhere as
    a Dio dedication. There is no perfect choice, but Mama I'm Coming Home is respectful enough for me.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Awesome that he played Believer! Maybe Oz is taking a page out of Metallica's books and going to rotate a number of songs into the setlist throughout the tour, along with the "staples."

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

thats the setlist from 2 nights ago!
    According to setlist.fm, Yes it is.

Tommy Clufetos is a goddamn monster on a stool. When Gus and Blasko were tossing out picks he tossed out his drum heads lol.
    Really? Based on the vids I've seen from the tour, I wouldn't rate him too high. His playing seems somewhat glitchy for me - it's not fluid like it should be.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Encouraging news! NIB, No More Tears, and Flying High Again are great songs for the setlist. And I'm glad he is no longer using Road to Nowhere as
    a Dio dedication. There is no perfect choice, but Mama I'm Coming Home is respectful enough for me.
    I doubt No More Tears will stay in the set. His voice really struggled on that one (though he actually managed to pull off the "You're mama told you..." line in a single breath which I've never seen him do before). NIB and Flying High will probably stick around though. The crowd went nuts for those ones. Flying High might have been the biggest hit of the night. Everyone went crazy for it.

Must have been a awsome show!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XiDArWi8MY
    You work your life away and what do they give?
    You're only killing yourself to live?