Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

As a lifelong Sabbath nut who knows way too much about every era I am so excited to note that both Seventh Star and Eternal Idol are on the way Oct. 25 in the UK from Sanctuary/Universal as 2CD Deluxe Edition remasters. I don't know where Born Again is (still being worked on perhaps?), but anyway, this is exciting-one wonders what could be on the 2nd disc of Seventh Star-a radio show, the Fenholt demos (I doubt it), studio sessions-who knows?
    As for Eternal Idol the tracklist is:

Disc: 1
    1. The Shining
    2. Ancient Warrior
    3. Hard Life To Love
    4. Glory Ride
    5. Born To Lose
    6. Nightmare
    7. Scarlet Pimpernel
    8. Lost Forever
    9. Eternal Idol
    10. Black Moon
    11. Some Kind Of Woman
    Disc: 2
    1. Glory Ride
    2. Born To Lose
    3. Lost Forever
    4. Eternal Idol
    5. The Shining
    6. Hard Life To Love
    7. Nightmare
    8. Ancient Warrior

This seems to be the album remastered with the b-sides on disc one and the Ray Gillan version of the album on Disc 2. Hope this info makes some fans smile-I did!

I am so fukkin there!!! I got the castle remaster and a bootleg of the Gillan version with some Fenholt demos too but I need the b-sides!!!!!
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Wow! Can't believe this! That is awesome! Any U.S. release date? I'm sure it wouldn't be a Sanctuary release in the U.S. Hopefully Tony has found a record company to stick with so we can get all the sabs catalog back.

Smirk

Here's an Amazon link with a november 2 release date and no other information.
    http://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Idol-D...4435728&sr=1-3

This is awesome!

This is the track listing for Seventh Star as per Amazon.co.uk.
    Tracks 10 & 11 of disc 1 are probably single edit and the slightly different video edit. I have no clue what disc 2 is??? A live show off the tour with Ray Gillen maybe?

Disc: 1
    1. In For The Kill
    2. No Stranger To Love
    3. Turn To Stone
    4. Sphinx (The Guardian)
    5. Seventh Star
    6. Danger Zone
    7. Heart Like A Wheel
    8. Angry Heart
    9. In Memory
    10. No Stranger To Love
    11. No Stranger To Love - Black Sabbath, Jeff Glixman
    Disc: 2
    1. Mob Rules
    2. Danger Zone
    3. War Pigs
    4. Seventh Star
    5. Die Young
    6. Black Sabbath
    7. N.I.B
    8. Neon Knights
    9. Paranoid

Great to have these coming out. Only bad thing is there isnt really anything 'bonus' to me. The bonus tracks are available else where. Like on some rare limited lp singles (band authorised).
    And if the 'No stranger to love' songs are the radio edit, Then its not really that much of a bonus either.

I am forgetting those who dont have the rare tracks in Black Moon version 1 & Some Kind Of Women. And the bootleg material. So I guess this release is good for fans in that regards. Its good these recordings are gonna get an official release now. For me Im gonna buy 'um anyways. To support the band and for the better sound quality.
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 09-14-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Disc 2 of Seventh Star seems to be the FM broadcast of the 6/2/86 show at Hammersmith Odeon.

Great news but I do hope this doesn't mean they are just gonna miss Born Again out. It so needs the remastered treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmelv View Post
    Great news but I do hope this doesn't mean they are just gonna miss Born Again out. It so needs the remastered treatment.
    It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
    It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.
    You beat me to that. I had that feeling as well.

Joe has some more insight to this, I think he was waiting for permission to put up a story about it, but since the news is clearly now out there, I'm sure he will summarize the information and fill in any gaps that have been left out shortly.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20..._released.html

Disc 1 of Seventh Star is the album, plus the No Stranger to Love remix from the video
    Disc 2 of Seventh Star is a live concert from June 86 with Ray Gillen.

Disc 1 of Eternal Idol is the album, plus Black Moon (Demo), & Some Kind of Woman
    Disc 2 of Eternal Idol is the Ray Gillen version.

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Well got my credit card out and ready to buy. Perhaps now the other albums now will get this treatment. With the B-sides, Live tracks, Demos. Let us not forget some of the live dvds that could come as well. I like the Lynyrd Skynyrd deluxe edition which had the live on The Old Grey Whistle Test performance dvd.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Hope the IRS ones won't take long!!!

Can't wait for those 2 though :D

Does anyone know if Ray's Eternal Idol version will be better quality than the 2 "bootlegs" that already exist? I assume what will be released will be the one with solos, but we all know what assuming does. I'm just curious because some of these other "ultimate" editions are poorly done (like including "bonus" or "instrumental" tracks that really aren't).

EDIT: Crap, sorry Joe, I just saw the end of your post, basically asking the same thing I just did. My apologies for missing it and asking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
    Last edited by SDMF Jon; 09-15-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: content

I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by fondula View Post
    I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.
    I got a one called "Eternal Stars" with the Gillen EI album minus the solos and a bunch of Seventh Star demos with Jeff Fenholt singing.

Banned

Pretty cool...I might be getting these...atleast the Eternal Idol one...not so sure about the Seventh Star though..

Default The upcoming release of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol version

Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?

I can't see it being released in an unfinished state.
    We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Woohoo! Just pre ordered both from Amazon, should get them in time for my birthday.

Holy shit, it's for real! :D :D
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

who said this would be officially released?

This is what I'm talking about ... new cool stuff I can spend my money on. Buy now the list price is 11.99 GBP but they have a pre-order sale and it will ring up 10.20 GBP at checkout. Amazon UK is cheaper than Amazon US. Make sure to sue the link on Joe's news page so he can get credit for the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?
    Dude, we already have a very pertinent and recent discussion going on here

Merging threads now.

And as to your question, there will be news shortly, I believe they will be more then just cleaned up demos, wait for Joe's news.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

I'm really excited about this...I have some bootlegs of the Eternal Idol album with Ray Gillen, but hopefully this release will have a better sound quality. And of course it's cool to have these songs in an official version.
    A truly good way to spend (a part of) my first salary on

This is great news! Nice to see some love and recognition for Ray's place as a Sabbath singer.

Default Awesome

This is like a dream come true! It's about time Ray Gillen's contributions to Eternal Idol and the Seventh Star tour got an official release. I hope they have interesting liner notes and the lyrics as well as pictures. I ordered them through Amazon UK today and I can't wait for them to arrive. It's going to be like an early Christmas for me.

Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post

Any insight?
    I don't see these being released in an unfinished state, Im sure we'll get to hear it in all it's glory, the way it should have been.

Cool

Will be waiting on the vinyl release. Speaking of which... will we ever see the ''deluxe'' H&H and Mob rules on vinyls?

Still good news though! I was pretty sure that they would have stopped after the first 3 Dio albums.

This is awesome. I have a Bootleg called the Ray Gillen Years which has some of the Gillen Eternal Idol demos plus some live songs on it but, their pretty ruff. Can't wait to hear the more complete versions plus the live stuff on the Seventh Star Disc 2.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

As a side note, I've found that it's cheaper for U.S. residents to buy Imports off of Amazon.com/uk then it is from just Amazon. Even with the shipping rate it still comes out cheaper. I did this with the deluxe editions of Black Sabbath, Paranoid, and Master Of Reality, and each came out to cost a little more then regular CD releases. Just a little piece of advice. They also have a nice currency selector that makes it really easy to purchase them.
    Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
    - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

I actually have the bootleg to the June 2, 1986 show. Live at Hammersmith Odeon (affectionately called "Ray Rules" ) Man, Hammersmith Odeon is quite popular place to release live performances isn't it? Info on said bootleg can be found here. I'm definitely buying EI.
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 09-22-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Brilliant news! Can't wait to hear this, especially if the Gillen material's been remastered. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20..._released.html

Disc 1 of Seventh Star is the album, plus the No Stranger to Love remix from the video
    Disc 2 of Seventh Star is a live concert from June 86 with Ray Gillen.

Disc 1 of Eternal Idol is the album, plus Black Moon (Demo), & Some Kind of Woman
    Disc 2 of Eternal Idol is the Ray Gillen version.

I am buying this stuff for a cleaned up version of the Ray Gillen stuff.

Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Awesome news! Glad that Gillen is finally going to be officially recognized. In my opinion, the Eternal Idol that was recorded with Gillen is ten times stronger than the one recorded with Martin. Not only vocally, but some things musically are also different, and better.

Will definitely try and purchase both of these at some point!
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Wrong post!