Post What era of Sabbath have you been into latley?

DIO + OZZY!!!!!!

I am revisiting the Tony Martin era again lately. Much love.

Donato Era.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingChrist View Post
    Donato Era.
    Ah, Tony's favourite.

I just stumbled onto this the other day:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Black+Sabba...+1-Bs-Zs2bgJGM
    I find it quite odd. Interesting though.

Default Tony Martin era

I have found Sabbath maybe 5-7 years ago. I have always loved Zeppelin, Purple, Uriah Heep and other great british rock band. I have also had Paranoid maybe about 15 years but that was all. Then I found Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and started to collect Ozzy era's albums. Soon I had then all. Outside Ozzy era I knew "Zero the Hero" which I think is great. But then someone said that Sabbath after Ozzy is a joke. Well, I knew that one song and it wasn't a joke. I became curious. I bought some albums from Dio and Martin era. I wasn't blown away.

Last summer I started a new project. I didn't really know Sabbath. I knew that I love their music but I didn't know what song was what. So, I bought Black Box and really started to listen! I found out somehing that all others already knew - first six albums were amazing, last two had some good tracks. Then I really started to listen other albums. I started with Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Born Again. This time I was blown away. The band really wasn't a joke! All three albums were amazing. Much better than last two Ozzy albums. I wanted to know and listen more.

Right know I'm into Martin era albums (Well, I haven't found Tyr yet, maybe I have to wait limited deluxe edition). Right now I really don't know what to say about them. Eternal Idol really doesn't sound like Sabbath at all (nor does Seventh Star...). They are my least favourite Sabbath albums. Headless Cross has some killer tracks. The song Headless Cross is amazing. The whole album shows how great singer Tony Martin is (well, I don't much care about his lyrics...). Now I have started with Cross Purposes and Forbidden. I don't like Cross Purposes. I cannot find the real Sabbath feeling from there. Forbidden was a nice surprise. A-side has some great, heavy tracks - I rate "Illusion of Power" and "Can't Get Close Enough" as classic Sabbath tracks.

What I have learn is, that more I listen Sabbath, more I like it. I can't get enough Sabbath! I can't wait to find Tyr. I already know "Sabbath Stones", and it's a killer song. Maybe Cross Purposes also opens up for me. I'm sure it's good album. I just have to listen more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jansa72 View Post
    I have found Sabbath maybe 5-7 years ago. I have always loved Zeppelin, Purple, Uriah Heep and other great british rock band. I have also had Paranoid maybe about 15 years but that was all. Then I found Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and started to collect Ozzy era's albums. Soon I had then all. Outside Ozzy era I knew "Zero the Hero" which I think is great. But then someone said that Sabbath after Ozzy is a joke. Well, I knew that one song and it wasn't a joke. I became curious. I bought some albums from Dio and Martin era. I wasn't blown away.

Last summer I started a new project. I didn't really know Sabbath. I knew that I love their music but I didn't know what song was what. So, I bought Black Box and really started to listen! I found out somehing that all others already knew - first six albums were amazing, last two had some good tracks. Then I really started to listen other albums. I started with Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Born Again. This time I was blown away. The band really wasn't a joke! All three albums were amazing. Much better than last two Ozzy albums. I wanted to know and listen more.

Right know I'm into Martin era albums (Well, I haven't found Tyr yet, maybe I have to wait limited deluxe edition). Right now I really don't know what to say about them. Eternal Idol really doesn't sound like Sabbath at all (nor does Seventh Star...). They are my least favourite Sabbath albums. Headless Cross has some killer tracks. The song Headless Cross is amazing. The whole album shows how great singer Tony Martin is (well, I don't much care about his lyrics...). Now I have started with Cross Purposes and Forbidden. I don't like Cross Purposes. I cannot find the real Sabbath feeling from there. Forbidden was a nice surprise. A-side has some great, heavy tracks - I rate "Illusion of Power" and "Can't Get Close Enough" as classic Sabbath tracks.

What I have learn is, that more I listen Sabbath, more I like it. I can't get enough Sabbath! I can't wait to find Tyr. I already know "Sabbath Stones", and it's a killer song. Maybe Cross Purposes also opens up for me. I'm sure it's good album. I just have to listen more!
    Welcome to the Forums mate!!!!!!!

Seem to skip back & forth over their 40 year discography @ present after the re-issues of Eternal Idol & Seventh Star it is errrm, Mob Rules/Live @ Hammy O, or Headless X, no wait Paranoid, hang on! Devil You Know or Radio City Hall Live

I'm revisiting the Martin era from time to time. There are a few tracks I enjoy quite a bit. I'm really trying to train myself to listen as closely and open minded as possible. It's really not taking a full hold of me for some reason and I really want it to. I've tried for many years now. Maybe it's not meant to be but damn it, I'm trying!

No disrespect towards Martin in any way, incredible singer. I guess it's just not completely for me.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsabb View Post
    Seem to skip back & forth over their 40 year discography @ present after the re-issues of Eternal Idol & Seventh Star it is errrm, Mob Rules/Live @ Hammy O, or Headless X, no wait Paranoid, hang on! Devil You Know or Radio City Hall Live
    What he said!!!!!!
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Right now as with others I've been listening to SS & EI a lot, due to the recent release.

Although I've hit Born Again a bit, given I was asked my opinion on a few things by the record label.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I've been listening to the Dio era - mainly Dehumanizer and Heaven and Hell recently.

For a good couple months, I was listening to mainly Dio-era material. But over the past week or so, I've been listening to more Ozzy-era stuff again.
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

I've been into the Dio era alot and i mean alot latley mainly; H & H, Mob Rules, Dehumanizer............

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Right now as with others I've been listening to SS & EI a lot, due to the recent release.

Although I've hit Born Again a bit, given I was asked my opinion on a few things by the record label.

You little tease!

Anyway, back on topic. I mainly listen to Black Sabbath on MP3 while I work out, and just copy the tracks I want at any given time. I've mainly got Ozzy/Dio with a little Martin thrown in. But I'm revisiting Born Again, Eternal Idol and Seventh Star wth the intention of copying some of the up-tempo tracks to my Walkman. So I suppose I'm listening to all eras at the moment.

I always listen to the Dio era, by far my favorite. However, I've recently been listening to The Eternal Idol a bit more. It was an album I didn't really like but I've given it a few more listens and have come around to it. Ancient Warrior, Glory Ride, and the title track are all really good songs. Because of this, I've been going listening to various tracks of the Marin era to see if I have a new found appreciation for any of them.

Not really listening to a era, more or less two albums right now:

The Mob Rules and Paranoid
    "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Quote Originally Posted by Jansa72 View Post

Enjoyed reading this post.

Tony Martin era, starting with Cross Purposes Live.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

The Tony Martin era. I've enjoyed "The Eternal Idol" for awhile and was familiar with the other Martin albums but it was not until recently "Headless Cross" won me over completely. Listening to that a lot lately. I enjoy the heavier presence of Geoff in the mix too. Great atmosphere all around.

As a Deep Purple fanatic, i started with the Gillan era. Also, i am a Rainbow fanatic and after i got into Dio era, after into the Martin era. At the begining, i heard everything after Ozzy and the latest Sabbath era i got into, is Ozzy era.... I didnt liked much Ozzy's voice (BUT i have to admit that in the "great 8", Ozzy's voice is great) and this was the era that wasnt very appealing to me because of this. But, after hearing Ozzy's era stuff, i understood that I was missing some GREAT stuff.

After hearing all Sabbath eras, i like all of them.

I've been getting into all the eras lately.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    That is what makes Black Sabbath so special, they had world class musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    That is what makes Black Sabbath so special, they had world class musicians.
    Yes they did sellingmysoul, there’s an era for every mood.

Only way to go! YoY

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    Only way to go! YoY
    (YoY)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of late, I'm been listening to Dio Era Sabbath the most. After what seemed like forever, Heaven and Hell really grew on me! The other day, I listened to Mob Rules in the full, and I plan on listening to the rest of the Sabbath catalog in chronological order, including other eras as well. I may even check out Dio's history as well, with Elf, Rainbow, etc.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    As of late, I'm been listening to Dio Era Sabbath the most. After what seemed like forever, Heaven and Hell really grew on me! The other day, I listened to Mob Rules in the full, and I plan on listening to the rest of the Sabbath catalog in chronological order, including other eras as well. I may even check out Dio's history as well, with Elf, Rainbow, etc.
    To me Elf takes a little getting into, still great though once you get into them, Rainbow I think you'll like, let us know after you tried them out.

To me Elf takes a little getting into, still great though once you get into them, Rainbow I think you'll like, let us know after you tried them out.
    Yea, I'll probably end up making threads about my impressions of them once I get around to listen to them, like I did with the Heaven and Hell album.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Yea, I'll probably end up making threads about my impressions of them once I get around to listen to them, like I did with the Heaven and Hell album.
    Look forward to reading your comments.

Overall i listen to Paranoid album the most. That is my fave. Then i tend to listen to the shortest albums. Because i am quite busy. And i like to play it in full once i have started it. But i am at the moment trying to find the time to go through the Dio era. All get played very often. Thing is they suit all moods.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Overall i listen to Paranoid album the most. That is my fave. Then i tend to listen to the shortest albums. Because i am quite busy. And i like to play it in full once i have started it. But i am at the moment trying to find the time to go through the Dio era. All get played very often. Thing is they suit all moods.
    Suits all moods is the perfect explanation, that is how I define Sabbath, an era for all moods.

From the Ozzy era to the Martin era.