Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default New Cross Box Set of Ozzy Era Albums Announced

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...lbums_box.html

It's officially called "The Ozzy years - Complete Albums Box Set (Limited Collector's Edition)". Click the link for details. The art is kind of cool.

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

that is sexy packaging

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    that is sexy packaging
    Indeed. I asked if I'd be able to give one or more away on my site, and they weren't sure due to the nature of the package that I'd be able to get any to give away. I'll have to find out later.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Banned

But is there anything else than the "cool" packaging that makes this worth buying? Anything new? Or anything that would differ from the Black Box?

Edit: Woops, sorry didn't see the link there Joe! To answer my own question then, no.
    Last edited by Charger; 09-29-2010 at 03:05 AM.

I own the black box, but HAVE TO get this for the killer cross box. Plus I like to hear those radio specials. Hope the book is different then the black box version.

Anyone knows how much it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Indeed. I asked if I'd be able to give one or more away on my site, and they weren't sure due to the nature of the package that I'd be able to get any to give away. I'll have to find out later.
    That would be awesome.

Fuck that's "The Box Set To End All Box Sets"
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Did find out one thing.

This cross box, despite being put out by Universal, will NOT have the multi disc expanded editions that came out in 2009. :(

It'd be cool if they would just sell the package and you could put all your sabbath CDs in there

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Fuck that's "The Box Set To End All Box Sets"
    This might become my next signature. Too darn funny, and a great observation.
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

I've have the Sanctuary expanded disks. I don't see the need to put a good lump of cash for a cardboard box and (from what I can tell) inferior cd packaging. If they included the bonus material, I think I would have bought it.

I'd like to have a listen to the Japanese masters thhis set includes. I believe they are much more bright. The Japanese are pretty good when it comes to mastering. I own many Japanese disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Boy View Post
    It'd be cool if they would just sell the package and you could put all your sabbath CDs in there
    I second that

I've gone into AMZ UK three times and placed the pre-order just to back out before it's time to pay. I just can't pay $180 for this. It's ridiculous. It's actually on sale right now and rings up 111.54 GBP at checkout. Is anyone going to buy this? Any advise? Maybe I should get it for the collector's value as it might go up in price. It says Limited Edition but it's not numbered so I could be limited to a zillion copies like the Black Box so nothing rare or special. Even if the run is 5k units it might be a dud like the Deluxe RCMH that for some retarded reason was not numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPink View Post
    I've gone into AMZ UK three times and placed the pre-order just to back out before it's time to pay. I just can't pay $180 for this. It's ridiculous. It's actually on sale right now and rings up 111.54 GBP at checkout. Is anyone going to buy this? Any advise? Maybe I should get it for the collector's value as it might go up in price. It says Limited Edition but it's not numbered so I could be limited to a zillion copies like the Black Box so nothing rare or special. Even if the run is 5k units it might be a dud like the Deluxe RCMH that for some retarded reason was not numbered.

Some guy on ebay has for at least 199.00
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

I just put in my pre-order to be sure I get one. I have until December to change my mind and cancel the order. $200 is too steep for this set.

The Cross Box is now 95.26 GBP at checkout... about $153 US. Mine will be shipped in 4 days.

The pouch in front of Paranoid looks like a bag of weed.
    "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Oh yeah baby! Cross Box has been dispatched today! Delivery date is December 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler
    Did find out one thing.

This cross box, despite being put out by Universal, will NOT have the multi disc expanded editions that came out in 2009. :(
    Quoted so it's not missed.

I already have the Black Box so this is useless. I guess if you missed the Black Box this is nice but other than that all I can say about this is "CASH CRAB".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fukk View Post
    I own the black box, but HAVE TO get this for the killer cross box. Plus I like to hear those radio specials. Hope the book is different then the black box version.
    Me too! I own the Black Box and all the Deluxe Expanded's releases but the Cross Box might be a collectors item in the future and if not, what the hell, it looks cool. $155 is expensive but it's about what you spend to fill up a Chevy Suburban two times... and I'll have the box set long after the fuel is gone.

Default ozzy era box set

how much does it cost
    thats the first thing i want to know
    i'm thinking about buying something like that for one of my cousins who is a big sabbath fan

Quote Originally Posted by nzsabbath View Post
    how much does it cost
    thats the first thing i want to know
    i'm thinking about buying something like that for one of my cousins who is a big sabbath fan

Try up to 200 !
    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Has anyone received their Cross Box? AMZ UK sent me an email saying shipment was delayed because of supply problems. They said I would get mine on Dec 6, then said Dec 10 and now Dec 17.

I finally got it! Was delivered thru DHL to my doorsteps and well packed. The thing is huge! About two feet tall. I've noticed UK boxed sets come without shrinkwrap - what's up with that? Are they that broke? The cross artwork is not embossed into the cardboard like the ROH or Black Box, it's just a sticker that can easily rip. Each corner of the box has the lid secured by a clear circular tape, remove it carefully so you don't rip your sticker like I did. The disks are not the Expanded editions (bummer).

Smirk

well, I've had this box for some time now. And what can say? Pure disappointment, man. I won't be voicing out all of them, but the most crucial.
    - Miny-vinyl packages.
    I bet most of you see have ever seen how Japanese ones look like. Well, here it's different, and not in a good way: they're done out of plain non-laminated cardboard, which really DOES suck. It means you can easily put a fingerprint there, which will stay forever. Or, if some water will accidentally get over it - it's ruined.
    - Documentary discs.
    While I've really enjoyed documentaries like "Classic rock" for "Paranoid" these ones do mostly contain praises from guys like Ben Ward, Dan Lilker, Doro Pesch, Mike Bordin and ... the biggest expert in heavy music Steve Wilson Well, at least you have somewhere inbetween Bill Ward & Tom Allom. But hey cd sleeves DO CLAIM that they feature Tony Iommi & Geezer Butler? Were those guys on happy pills?! There's not a single word from those two! You have only Bill Ward out of all Sabbath.
    - Extra discography booklet
    What we have here? Not too much, if you had those 2009 deluxe reissues, then most likely you've seen it all. This booklet simply offers you an overview on Sabbath Lps issued all over the world. I haven't matched it yet with those deluxe booklets, but I'm pretty sure not a single spare pic was added to that "collection". And don't forget about typos, would like to see what "expert" released "Paranoid" 5 days after self-titled release on 18/02/1970.

I'm not complaning about the music itself, but still... I've had all those albums in different issues, so here's the 4th-5th versions I already have on cd. i would have expected a little bit more from a package like that. yeah, and if you take first album for instance - no "Wicked World" included.

All in all, there's could have been more than that for the value.
    Last edited by AlexBarghest; 12-12-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Can I just buy the empty box without the CDs?

Here are some more details of the physical appearance for those of you that are curious. The box material absorbs greasy fingerprints so keep your hands washed. Each CD inside is a shrinkwrapped digipack (no jewel case). They are fairly thin and whatever you have at the head of the box will slide to the bottom when you stand the box upright. The radio documentaries are not shrinkwrapped. Sold Soul Rock'n'Roll is two disks not the old condenced one disk version. The poster is a 9''X14" two sided. The Cross Box is horribly expensive for what you get. I had money to burn but $150 really is ridiculous. There is no easy place to store it. The box is gigantic and awkward.

Does look cool though but gee do I need another copy of all the Ozzy era albums again, I think not , but at the right price later on it may tickle my fantsay, but at the moment it retails for $258 AUD, :

Where can I get this beauty. o_O

I have this and it is beautiful, I have it housed in what they call a shadow box, a wooden box with a glass front.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I have this and it is beautiful, I have it housed in what they call a shadow box, a wooden box with a glass front.
    The box itself looks really cool, but I'm not feeling overjoyed with the reviews of what's inside. I have the Black Box which is alright, but even so. I'm really interested in checking out editions that have better liner notes and photos - are the 2009 Remasters worth picking up?

There was a thread where a guy rated the sound of the various releases and I think he thought the 2009 remasters were the best and most true sounding. Do I have this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    The box itself looks really cool, but I'm not feeling overjoyed with the reviews of what's inside. I have the Black Box which is alright, but even so. I'm really interested in checking out editions that have better liner notes and photos - are the 2009 Remasters worth picking up?

There was a thread where a guy rated the sound of the various releases and I think he thought the 2009 remasters were the best and most true sounding. Do I have this right?
    Requiem I can't say right now, I haven't listened to those remasters since I got the box and now they are put away on display in the shadow box, I listen mostly to the Castle remasters or the Warner brothers releases and it all sounds good to me, I'm not what you would call an audiophile per say, at the time they sounded good, I don't really compare remasters as they all sound good to me and I pretty much have them all.

The expert to ask about this would be Back To Eden aka Doc, he's got them all and the sound systems to detect all the remastering.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)