Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^^
    Ironsabb, now this must come as some really cool Maiden 'hindsight' or nostalgia, for the band's biggest fans.

Ever since I've been posting on this thread, two random Maiden songs have been buzzing in my ears, almost constantly. Charlotte the Harlot (Iron Maiden) and Another Life (Killers)---two of the many cool old tunes, off the only two Maiden albums I quite enjoy.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 11-02-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

^
    Charlotte > 22 Acacia Avenue > Hooks In You > From Here To Eternity & as herself on Twilight Zone/Art.

The Di'Anno era was cool, Ides/Wrathchild, Phantom, Running Free, Remember Tomorrow, Transylvania/Strange World, Drifter & of course Iron Maiden (played on every tour).

What draws you to the first 2 albums, just curious ?

Ha, I think I already mentioned the reason(s), in one of my earlier posts here.

Anyway, I reckon the major reason why I still like the first two Maiden albums...IS...Paul Di'Anno. He isn't in my all-time Top 10 best metal singers, or anything like that. BUT, I remember liking Di'Anno's voice when I first heard him sing, and I still dig the unabashed punkish/rockish angle to his heavy metal vocals, on those two albums. The lyrics, the attitude and whole vibe of the band with Di'Anno was quite laid-back, organic, natural and infectiously fun. The playing, too, while not complex and 'epic' and all that jazz, was just unpretentious, straight-up early heavy metal---cool solos and all. The guitars were not lamely synthesized, there wasn't the tacky use of keyboards, the lyrics were not awash in fantasy, and we didn't have the over-rated operatic overkill of Bruce Dickinson...etc..etc..

So yea, call me a silly, ignorant idiot but although I am no Iron Maiden fan, I can own up to liking, and living with just 'IM" and 'Killers' by this band.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

There was an element of complexity & great timing with Burr's stickwork,, 'arry's speed Bass & twin guitaring of Murray/Stratton > Murray/H of say POTO, Live @ The Rainbow '80 & the Japan live recordings '81 highlighted this.

Di'Anno was a Punk Rocker, as early with a band called Rock Candy, & traces of the self-destructive youths were still present in their minories on occasions @ the earlier Maiden gigs, yeah the attitude suited Paul, although boyish antic's as a performer @ times, which was prolly a weakness leading to demise, but yeah he had that raw street Punk image suited vocals to establish the band.

From the Punk vibe, Gallows covered Wrathchild well enough, had they been around with the track as their song back then they'd have done well...

\m/

I like Maiden and know this thread is old, instead of starting a new one, which doesn't make sense, I would just like to add that Maiden are one of the biggest and greatest Metal bands of all time.

I never gave the Bayley era a chance and now that I have the two Bayley albums, I have to say they're phenomenal, love these two albums and they get regular spins from me.

Such good songs and the vocals just grasp me, Blaze's voice is just incredible and I think he was a good choice for Maiden, gave them a new energy and he was full of energy on stage.

Anyone else here like the Maiden/Blaze albums?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Iron Maiden is definetly one of the greatest metalbands of all time. No doubt about that.

I agree with you about the Blaze-era. I dig those two albums as well. I have love for all eras of the band, as I do with Sabbath, and there's a lot of great stuff to discover outside of the "classic" eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    Iron Maiden is definetly one of the greatest metalbands of all time. No doubt about that.

I agree with you about the Blaze-era. I dig those two albums as well. I have love for all eras of the band, as I do with Sabbath, and there's a lot of great stuff to discover outside of the "classic" eras.
    There isn't one song I dislike on the Blaze/Maiden albums.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I like Maiden and know this thread is old, instead of starting a new one, which doesn't make sense, I would just like to add that Maiden are one of the biggest and greatest Metal bands of all time.

I never gave the Bayley era a chance and now that I have the two Bayley albums, I have to say they're phenomenal, love these two albums and they get regular spins from me.

Such good songs and the vocals just grasp me, Blaze's voice is just incredible and I think he was a good choice for Maiden, gave them a new energy and he was full of energy on stage.

Anyone else here like the Maiden/Blaze albums?
    I've not listened to them for ages, but I know I liked them and can remember being totally blown away by "Sign of the Cross". Classic Maiden.
    >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
    SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
    YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
    YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I've not listened to them for ages, but I know I liked them and can remember being totally blown away by "Sign of the Cross". Classic Maiden.
    Sign Of The Cross is a great song along with the Clansman, there isn't one song on either albums that I skip.

Sign Of The Cross is a great song along with the Clansman, there isn't one song on either albums that I skip.
    They played both of those on the "Legacy Of The Beast"-tour. Absolutely brilliant.

They played both of those on the "Legacy Of The Beast"-tour. Absolutely brilliant.
    I've heard a lot of Maiden fans don't like or care for the Blaze era, I for one since listening can say I love it.

I've heard a lot of Maiden fans don't like or care for the Blaze era, I for one since listening can say I love it.
    Yeah, taht's the general consensus, apparently. I don't agree though, I dig all their albums and the Blaze-era has some absolutely killer stuff.

Yeah, taht's the general consensus, apparently. I don't agree though, I dig all their albums and the Blaze-era has some absolutely killer stuff.
    There isn't one song I don't like on either of the two Blaze albums, I'm glad I bought them.

I got "The X Factor" when it came out, and it took me a while to get into it, but it grew on me. Great tunes. I liked "Virtual 11" even more, it's too bad that era gets dismissed by most. I do have to say I was blown away by "Brave New World".

Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    I got "The X Factor" when it came out, and it took me a while to get into it, but it grew on me. Great tunes. I liked "Virtual 11" even more, it's too bad that era gets dismissed by most. I do have to say I was blown away by "Brave New World".
    I think it too is a shame that era gets dismissed, very good albums.