Default Rules of Hell Question

Are the versions of the Dio-era studio albums in the Rules of Hell box set remastered, or in any other way different than the original releases? I know the Live Evil CD is expanded to two discs, which is really cool, but I havn't been able to find out if the studio albums are in any way different...with all the "deluxe" editions that are being released now by Sabbath, I was wondering about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rules_of_Hell

The CD's are Remastered. They are identical (music wise) to the original US releases. They do not have any of the Deluxe Edition bonus tracks. Sonically speaking, the Deluxe Editions are superior to the ROH, as ROH are more compressed and have a very loud sound to it.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Do they have a 2 disc Live Evil that's not the deluxe edition? It seems rediculous to pay the price of a deluxe edition for nothing extra.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
    Do they have a 2 disc Live Evil that's not the deluxe edition? It seems rediculous to pay the price of a deluxe edition for nothing extra.

Yes they do.

Original 1989 release was a 2 disc set in the US. Here is a link to it on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Evil-Blac...6&sr=8-2-spell

Also showing a 2008 re-master that is a 2 disc set. Linbk to it on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Evil-CD-B...9&sr=8-1-spell[COLOR="silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I fully agree that there needed to be something more to it than the DE packaging. I am not purchasing this release. I have the 1989 and the Rules of Hell releases.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Well I was going to buy the Rules of Hell and get the H&H and Mob Rules de's, but now that I know Dehumanizers coming out in a few months, I think I'm going to be changing my mind on that one.

Rules of Hell is cool to have, however if I had know that the DE's were coming out, I would not have bought it. I prefer the sound on the DE's and the extra stuff is reason alone, IMO, to get them.

I may still get Rules of Hell just for Live Evil, but I'm leaning towards just the de's. I'm going to place an order in the next week or so for H&H, MR, SS, and TE with my Christmas money so I can get those off the list.

I was very disappointed in ROH. I'd say avoid it & just get an old Castle edition or the Deluxe editions.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

I have the Rules of Hell and I love it. Got the entire Dio era Sabbath catalog in one go, whats not to like about that. Sure it doesn't have any special bonus features but it never purported to, it is what it is. The three studio albums and Live Evil, which is a fantastic live album. I like it but then again I'm not a huge audiophile either, I may pick up Mob Rules deluxe edition for the live tracks but other than that I'm pretty happy with The Rules of Hell.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Quote Originally Posted by MH1986 View Post
    I have the Rules of Hell and I love it. Got the entire Dio era Sabbath catalog in one go, whats not to like about that. Sure it doesn't have any special bonus features but it never purported to, it is what it is. The three studio albums and Live Evil, which is a fantastic live album. I like it but then again I'm not a huge audiophile either, I may pick up Mob Rules deluxe edition for the live tracks but other than that I'm pretty happy with The Rules of Hell.
    There is nothing not to like about it per say, when it came out in 2008. I already had the 3 albums on CD and decided that I wanted the set, and the remastered editions. You are 100% correct in saying it is what it is. I knew what I was getting. Fast forward 2 years to 2010 and the Deluxe Editions are released with extra goodies and, IMO better, less compressed sound. Comparing them against each other, ROH now looks like the lesser thing to purchase.

I realize they are Warner (Rhino) in the US and Sanctuary in Europe, and that is why we have both floating around, but in hind sight, knowing what I know today about both, I most likely would not buy both. I also realize, that some folks are completists, and will buy both, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I do own both.