Default RIP Pat Padavona

Just saw this on facebook:

"Pat Padavona, 92, passed away peacefully on December 28th at Cortland Care Center. Pat was laid to rest on 1/11/11. He served his country during World War II.

Pat is survived by his daughter-in-law, Wendy Dio-Padavona, his brother Johnny, his grandson Danny and wife Terri Padavona, and his great-grandchildren Joey and Julia Padavona.... Pat was pre-deceased by his wife Anna and his son Ronnie James Dio."

If only Ronnie had survived that long!

I still can't believe Dio died before his father.

Both men were heavy metal in their own ways. Cheers to both of them, especially to my hero, Ronnie James.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Oh. It's been a sad year for Padavona family. RIP both of them, Mr. Pat and dear Ronnie.

Rest in Peace Mr. Padavona. I can't imagine the pain and grief you experienced in burying your child.
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Frown

R.i.p.

:(
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Rest in peace Pat.

The Padavana’s were a big Italian family in Downeck Newark, wonder if there was any relation to Dio.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    The Padavana’s were a big Italian family in Downeck Newark, wonder if there was any relation to Dio.
    possibly not a common Italian name was just riding my Harley in Cortland this afternoon looking for Dio Way but didn't find it visted an old friend. Dio's family did live in Rhode Island for some time before Cortland...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    possibly not a common Italian name was just riding my Harley in Cortland this afternoon looking for Dio Way but didn't find it visted an old friend. Dio's family did live in Rhode Island for some time before Cortland...
    They we’re wealthy people, owned a lot of property in the Ironbound section of Newark.

You’re probably right Wicked, it’s a common Italian name and most likely they’re not related.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)