Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default What are they up to now?

I decided to tackle an idea I did back in 2005 where I listed what every member of Black Sabbath was currently up to. For some of them, it was an easy task. For others, not so much so. Check out the fruit of this research at the following link.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...up_to_now.html

If you have any updates for any of this, please let me know, but please provide links to back it up. Thanks.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-01-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

That was some really interesting reading! I had no idea Spitz was a lawyer, that's cool.
    Thank you for that new, refreshed page

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I decided to tackle an idea I did back in 2005 where I listed what every member of Black Sabbath was currently up to. For some of them, it was an easy task. For others, not so much so. Check out the fruit of this research at the following link.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...up_to_now.html

If you have any updates for any of this, please let me know, but please provide links to back it up. Thanks.
    That was very cool, good work.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Laurence Cottle played bass for the live dates Don Airey did in support of his solo album back in 2009. I believe he played on the album as well.

Source.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
    That was some really interesting reading! I had no idea Spitz was a lawyer, that's cool.
    Thank you for that new, refreshed page
    The Beast is a great guy. He lives down here in south florida and his Sabbath Tribute band "war pigs" is bad ass!

I'm not a name dropper type of guy, but I am HUGE Sabbath fan, so i just have to say....I am proud to say that I have a former Sabbath members phone number!

had to do it...

Amazing bass player

As far as Tony Martin goes Ive talked to Dario Mollo and he has been working on Cage 3. At the time he granted me an interview he was in the studio with it. January 2011 on Tony Martin's facebook he said he had recorded the vocals for 6 of the songs at that point. so Cage 3 is what Tony's up too now.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Great read, but you listed Iommi's website as Glenn Hughes's website.

Thanks for your hard work and efforts Joe!!!!

Good Stuff!
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

I never knew Dave "The Beast" Spitz is a lawyer now! And he's in a Sabbath tribute band! Fantastic bassist. Thank you Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    As far as Tony Martin goes Ive talked to Dario Mollo and he has been working on Cage 3. At the time he granted me an interview he was in the studio with it. January 2011 on Tony Martin's facebook he said he had recorded the vocals for 6 of the songs at that point. so Cage 3 is what Tony's up too now.
    Crap. I knew that. I forgot to post it. Time to edit. At the time I wrote that, I got caught up in pointing out he doesn't have a website, I forgot about Cage 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fukk View Post
    The Beast is a great guy. He lives down here in south florida and his Sabbath Tribute band "war pigs" is bad ass!
    I watched a six minute interview with him this afternoon. Don't ask him about why he left Black Sabbath or any of the bad stuff that happened. He gets pissed off. Shows his true "New York" past then. Was a bit surprised at that. Might be why he stopped answering my emails, as that's pretty much all I wanted to know.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Laurence Cottle played bass for the live dates Don Airey did in support of his solo album back in 2009. I believe he played on the album as well.

Source.
    I didn't know that. Cool - thanks!

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I may be nitpicking a bit, but if Mk 4 Black Sabbath is Heaven And Hell, can't Scott Warren appear since he played Keyboards for the tours of H&H?
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Banned

Pretty cool! Thanks a lot for that Joe! Very interesting read indeed!

Updated it again. Neil Murray contacted me with info about what he's been doing other than the Queen show. Here was Neil's email about that:

In 2010 I did a short tour in Japan with the Michael Schenker Group, following on from playing on their album In The Midst Of Beauty, and I'll be on one track of Michael's next album. I also formed a band with ex-Whitesnake original guitarist Micky Moody called Monsters of British Rock, mostly playing classic Whitesnake songs, along with guitarist Laurie Wisefield (Wishbone Ash, Tina Turner, Joe Cocker and many more), drummer Harry James from Thunder, and singer Chris Ousey from Heartland. We did a few festivals in the UK & Europe last year and we plan to do a lot more shows in 2011.

Updated it again. Neil Murray contacted me with info about what he's been doing other than the Queen show. Here was Neil's email about that:
    Thanks for that Joe, i probably should've mentioned him in MSG, there my 3rd fav band

Hey Joe. Tony Martin also has a Facebook which he updates regularly. Here's a link to it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1373382972

I watched a six minute interview with him this afternoon. Don't ask him about why he left Black Sabbath or any of the bad stuff that happened. He gets pissed off. Shows his true "New York" past then. Was a bit surprised at that. Might be why he stopped answering my emails, as that's pretty much all I wanted to know.
    haha. I was suppose to do an interview with him a few years back when he was with Mcbrain Damage but it never happened. And I had several Sabbath questions for him. I now want to do it again! I was the one who made his War Pigs youtube page and shot that video. So hopefully if I do get to interview him he wont go all New York on me.

Hey Joe great website! Great recent info on all the members! I'm a huge fan of all the eras. Just confirming one fact, so all your info is right, you put that Jezz Woodroffe was Robert Plant's guitarist, but I believe he was only his keyboardist, Robbie Blunt was his guitarist.

All the best.

haha. I was suppose to do an interview with him a few years back when he was with Mcbrain Damage but it never happened. And I had several Sabbath questions for him. I now want to do it again! I was the one who made his War Pigs youtube page and shot that video. So hopefully if I do get to interview him he wont go all New York on me.
    Here's the interview. He talks nicely about his Sabbath past, except when the guy tries to ask him difficult or hard questions about it. Spitz also says "the two albums I did with Sabbath", which isn't technically correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6fkenQI22w

Edit: Wait, you said you shot this. So you know this already, but I'll leave the link here for others to read.

Quote Originally Posted by led sabbath View Post
    Hey Joe great website! Great recent info on all the members! I'm a huge fan of all the eras. Just confirming one fact, so all your info is right, you put that Jezz Woodroffe was Robert Plant's guitarist, but I believe he was only his keyboardist, Robbie Blunt was his guitarist.
    Brain fart. I knew that, it just came out of my fingers wrong. I'll go edit that. Tkx.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-02-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Here's the interview. He talks nicely about his Sabbath past, except when the guy tries to ask him difficult or hard questions about it. Spitz also says "the two albums I did with Sabbath", which isn't technically correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6fkenQI22w

Edit: Wait, you said you shot this. So you know this already, but I'll leave the link here for others to read.
    I'm at work now and dont have access to youtube. Ill check it out when I get home. Since its an interview I didnt shoot it. What I shot was the live performance. If its on the youtube page I made he must have uploaded it. Havent been there in awhile so I have no idea whats on that page now.

I'm at work now and dont have access to youtube. Ill check it out when I get home. Since its an interview I didnt shoot it. What I shot was the live performance. If its on the youtube page I made he must have uploaded it. Havent been there in awhile so I have no idea whats on that page now.
    Fair enough - I interpreted your msg to say you were the one who shot the interview. Actually the beginning part of the interview clip has Spitz onstage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDarkley View Post
    Hey Joe. Tony Martin also has a Facebook which he updates regularly. Here's a link to it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1373382972
    Thanks a lot for that!

mrbelette

"Bev Bevan: (played drums on the 83/84 Born Again Tour, briefly returned in 1987 as well)"

Bev Bevan reunited with other original member of The Move Trevor Burton and they are touring using the name The Move again

http://www.bevbevan.com/

Never heard Dave Spitz speak before. This has really enforced the "My Cousin Vinnie" idea of him as a lawyer I had .

A Tribute site for Ray Gillen here.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Did you forget that Mikko Lindström also played in Who Cares?
    Last edited by Vol4; 05-20-2011 at 09:31 AM.