Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Results 1,441 to 1,463 of 1463

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
    Midsommar was torture. We should have walked on it. In regards to the Prodigy, the 70s movie I was referring to was The Omen.
    From reading the movie description on the box, I got a " The Possession Of Joel Delaney" feel from it. Might wait for Midsomar on DVD.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Weeks ago I went to watched Toy Story 4 with a friend of mine around Mongkok. Then we had dinner in a restaurant. By the time we finished, the protesters were walking outside..
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Watched Napoleon Dynamite yesterday, for like the 4th time, hilarious movie.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Went and seen Once Upon A Time In Hollywood last week. I don't think it was QT's best film but I did enjoy it. The performances were good though,Leo and especially Brad Pitts performance. 7/10

I saw, Don't Breathe, not a bad film, they're suppose to make a sequel.

Ray Gillen was incredible, sung all the eras great especially the Dio songs.

Gillen doesn't sound too bad in this show. I like him better with purple though.

Went and seen The Last Blood the other day. If you're a Rambo fan you will love this movie because it is over the top and graphic. This one is definitely better than the last one even though it's not perfect. 7/10

It: Chapter 2 was every bit as entertaining as the first movie. With McAvoy, Chastain and Bill Hader in the leads the casting was great. 8/10

I went to see Joker yesterday. It's the origin story of the iconic Batman villain. It stars Joaquin Phoenix with supporting turns from Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy & Zazie Beets; it is directed by Todd Phillips who is perhaps best known for the Hangover Trilogy. I believe it is based on The Killing Joke story and the the film is heavily influences by Scorsese classics Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy.

First off it should be said that there is no "super heroism" or "special abilities" in this film, it is the character study of a man (Arthur Fleck - Phoenix) transforming into a monster as his world disintergrates around him. There is no light hearted moments here even though he dresses as a clown during the day and tries to be a stand-up comedian at night. He gets sacked from his job, his beloved mother (Conroy) is not in the best of health, and he obviously has long standing mental issues as we see him visit his health worker and he laughs maniacally in the most innapropriate circumstances.

Phoenix is astonishing as Fleck moving from a person with the desire to be nice and helpful, to a murderous fiend with such a flawless fluidity you barely notice it is happening. De Niro is pretty good as a suave talk show host who crosses paths with Fleck. Beets plays a neighbour in a low key but subtle role and is the object of Flecks fantasies.

There's been some conroversy about the films violence but to be fair there's not that much violence in the film and when it does happen it is in short spurts. There's certainly nothing like the amount of violence seen in the recent Rambo film which was also far more graphic.

As long as you don't think of this film as a super hero film you should be all right. It is a great film which could easily garner some awards season buzz particularly for Phoenix. I'm not saying Pheonix is better than Heath Ledger as the Joker but he is as good. 9.5/10
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

The VVitch. I wanted to live deliciously.
    "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Frehley View Post
    The VVitch. I wanted to live deliciously.
    Great movie, I have it on DVD and will be watching it soon, as it's the time of the season.

Watched Witchfinder General yesterday with Vincent Price.

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    I went to see Joker yesterday. It's the origin story of the iconic Batman villain. It stars Joaquin Phoenix with supporting turns from Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy & Zazie Beets; it is directed by Todd Phillips who is perhaps best known for the Hangover Trilogy. I believe it is based on The Killing Joke story and the the film is heavily influences by Scorsese classics Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy.

First off it should be said that there is no "super heroism" or "special abilities" in this film, it is the character study of a man (Arthur Fleck - Phoenix) transforming into a monster as his world disintergrates around him. There is no light hearted moments here even though he dresses as a clown during the day and tries to be a stand-up comedian at night. He gets sacked from his job, his beloved mother (Conroy) is not in the best of health, and he obviously has long standing mental issues as we see him visit his health worker and he laughs maniacally in the most innapropriate circumstances.

Phoenix is astonishing as Fleck moving from a person with the desire to be nice and helpful, to a murderous fiend with such a flawless fluidity you barely notice it is happening. De Niro is pretty good as a suave talk show host who crosses paths with Fleck. Beets plays a neighbour in a low key but subtle role and is the object of Flecks fantasies.

There's been some conroversy about the films violence but to be fair there's not that much violence in the film and when it does happen it is in short spurts. There's certainly nothing like the amount of violence seen in the recent Rambo film which was also far more graphic.

As long as you don't think of this film as a super hero film you should be all right. It is a great film which could easily garner some awards season buzz particularly for Phoenix. I'm not saying Pheonix is better than Heath Ledger as the Joker but he is as good. 9.5/10
    Excellent review and I couldn't agree more.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Happy Halloween. 9/10

I took the girlfriend to see Zombieland Doubletap and I enjoyed it better than the first one 7/10

I've been watching a lot of obscure horror movies lately directed by S.F. Brownrigg, some low budget movies but great stuff if you're into low budget movies of this genre, he only made a handful.

Don't Look In The Basement, Poor White Trash II, Don't Open The Door and Keep My Grave Open, he made another one back in '86 Thinkin' Big, I haven't seen that one yet,

Went and seen Doctor Sleep last week. Aside from the ending, the movie was very faithful to the book. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I've been watching a lot of obscure horror movies lately directed by S.F. Brownrigg, some low budget movies but great stuff if you're into low budget movies of this genre, he only made a handful.

Don't Look In The Basement, Poor White Trash II, Don't Open The Door and Keep My Grave Open, he made another one back in '86 Thinkin' Big, I haven't seen that one yet,
    I will look these movies up. I love watching old obscure horror films from the 70s and 80s.

I will look these movies up. I love watching old obscure horror films from the 70s and 80s.
    Check this one out then Scorpio, this is an obscure gem I discovered during Halloween on YouTube, the name is The Body Beneath:

Thanks brother! I will definitely check this out.

Thanks brother! I will definitely check this out.
    Let me know how you like when you do watch it Scorpio, I've got another one I came across yesterday, here it is:

Queens Of Evil