Default Site not working?

I can get on the forums, but when I try and go to the site itself, all I get is a blank page with a sort of stop sign and the message 'This domain has just been registered for one of our customers! Domain registration and webhosting at best prices.'

Is this only for me, or what?

Soria Moria, Østenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Quote Originally Posted by KazolOrajia View Post
    I can get on the forums, but when I try and go to the site itself, all I get is a blank page with a sort of stop sign and the message 'This domain has just been registered for one of our customers! Domain registration and webhosting at best prices.'

I've had that for months...

But i can enter from other computers in the house, just not my own.

I just found out that I can easily access the site in Google Chrome, but not Firefox. I dunno what's going on.

I often get the message around 8:30 in the morning GMT+1. I just think Joe just has some maintenance routines around 03:00 Texas time which may even include a reboot of the server ... maybe!

EDIT: generally I have problems with the site if I user Firefox (doesn't load at all on my home PC, and the forum home page is corrupted on my work PC). But I use Chrome and IE as well so all is hunky dory!
    Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 06-23-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    I often get the message around 8:30 in the morning GMT+1. I just think Joe just has some maintenance routines around 03:00 Texas time which may even include a reboot of the server ... maybe!
    Yeah, that sounds about right. The server is downed for like 10-15 minutes or so for a nightly backup. You shouldn't get the "domain just registered" message for that, though.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Soria Moria, Østenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Still get that message from time to time, and when i try logging directly to the forum-page i get the usual 404 error-message.

Sometimes it helps deleting cookies and restart the machine, sometimes it don't. Is there something wrong with my machine, or is it just the maintenance routine?
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til árs ok friðar ok forn siðr

The maintenance routine downs the server, you shouldn't see any message during that time.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Hi Joe!

I've had this problem for some time already: when I try to attach a pic, video or any link using the tools that can be seen in the toolbar on messages, I get this note:

javascript:void(0)

It's a rare moment when I don't get this note. It's not a big deal, I can always create the hyperlink manually, but it is annoying

And this problem occurs with numerous different computers, so that it isn't the problem. Could it be the browser?
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Possible. What are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Possible. What are you using?
    Firefox. I have Chrome installed, I'll try it and see if the problem still occurs.

Refuse to use Explorer though
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Roland

I have the same problem. But only with Firefox. I use Chrome on the same PC too. And there it works. If I have the two browser open I get this message above with firefox but not with chrome - at the same time. It must be a problem with firefox or samething we have both installed on our Firefox.

got this problem too , more and more with Firefox and sometimes with GC and IE . I accept the cookies ,but it's blocked yet .
    today , only IE works ( I hate IE , too slow ...)
    has someone got a solution ?
    thanx

press Ctrl + F5
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

^^^^ Thanx