Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,520 of 6666

Anyone on BSO .... take a moment and do yourself a favor ,, DISC TWO DEHUMANIZER DEMOS - track 4 , 5 and 6 "studio demos" .... "Letters .." 9 min version , "Bad Blood" , "The Next Time" - spend a minute and immerse yourself in Sabbath greatness of the HIGHEST order.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

ronn (12-02-2018)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

ronn (12-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Doc, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you Ronn and your families and to all here on BSO!!!
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you OID YoY!!!!
    hope your doing well bud

Fun Reddit about Ozzy going on right now
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...ampf=undefined

^^^ Love me some Lennon!

Ozzfest boys , Ozzfest .... http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...th-a-big-bang/

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you OID YoY!!!!
    hope your doing well bud

Fun Reddit about Ozzy going on right now
    That's a good one Ronn, had a lot of people fooled.

Love me some Lennon as well Doc.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Terrible news that hits you like a ton of bricks and makes me mad and sad at the same time :(
    Billy friended me and unfriended me 3 times, was always a lot of drama, but with the drama always came a lot of love. Miss you already friend \m/, even with him coming back as GL, nothing said Underdog like that old avatar with the white shirt and beard!

P&L, Ali

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-23-2018)

Terrible news that hits you like a ton of bricks and makes me mad and sad at the same time :(
    Billy friended me and unfriended me 3 times, was always a lot of drama, but with the drama always came a lot of love. Miss you already friend \m/, even with him coming back as GL, nothing said Underdog like that old avatar with the white shirt and beard!

P&L, Ali
    Very true Ronn, makes you angry and sad at the same time, angry that such a young life was taken from us, and very sad because we all loved Billy and his demise could've been prevented.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Kjaere, babygulrot

Babygulrot

Liten

Stygg

Lever I gulrotens skygge

Babygulrot.

..... your "spark" outshines the "fire" , always has , fly my brother - see the reality of GOD , take comfort in knowing ,,,, Paradiddles in your name will maintain rhythm til we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Kjaere, babygulrot

Babygulrot

Liten

Stygg

Lever I gulrotens skygge

Babygulrot.

..... your "spark" outshines the "fire" , always has , fly my brother - see the reality of GOD , take comfort in knowing ,,,, Paradiddles in your name will maintain rhythm til we meet again.
    Doc I had to translate the above as I don't speak or understand Norwegian, I'm assuming that's what the above language is, because that's what Billy was, Norwegian. It doesn't make sense, below is the translation:

Chicks, baby rot

Baby Carrot

Small

Ugly

Live in the shade of the carrot

Baby Carrot

Perhaps you made a mistake Doc, or is this some kind of secret words or phrases between you and Billy, that had some other meaning between both of you?

Please clarify for those of us who don't understand.

Doc I had to translate the above as I don't speak or understand Norwegian, I'm assuming that's what the above language is, because that's what Billy was, Norwegian. It doesn't make sense, below is the translation:

Chicks, baby rot

Baby Carrot

Small

Ugly

Live in the shade of the carrot

Baby Carrot

Perhaps you made a mistake Doc, or is this some kind of secret words or phrases between you and Billy, that had some other meaning between both of you?

Please clarify for those of us who don't understand.
    Doc seems to have it correct OID
    I think your translation is off a bit
    Doc has

Kjaere, babygulrot

Babygulrot

Liten

Stygg

Lever I gulrotens skygge

Babygulrot.

When translated we get this

Dear babycarrot

Babycarrot

Small

Ugly

Lives in the shadow of the carrot

Babycarrot.

it's a Norwegian poem with a lot of history to it
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nothing...ead-today/amp/

Here's a Reddit discussion adout it

Hope this helps bud.
    As for what it means to Doc or Billy, no clue.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-27-2018)

Ronn, I hope you had a great Christmas, thanks for getting that right for me, guess Google translator got it wrong, still an odd poem, it must've had a meaning with Doc and Billy.

Hope this helps bud.
    As for what it means to Doc or Billy, no clue.
    Ronn, I had to read the history of the poem several times, I'm not the brightest person or sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to understanding these intellectual poems, but I think I get it now, in someways us working class are all baby carrots, living in the shadow of the system, of the man if you will.

Thank you for the explanation my good brother.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-30-2018), OzzyIsDio (12-31-2018)

I would love a bit of that.

Thanks for posting Doc, that's great news, the only thing though if he's doing one at a time, I guess the Martin albums won't get released as a box set, which is what I was hoping for, Martin deserves that.

Funny when they brought in Ice-T, Martin didn't know if he was going to do the whole album or just one song, they wanted to do a Run-Dmc type album, lol, glad it was just one song, which is a great heavy song, Illusion Of Power.

^^ OID , here is some great fun "Forbidden" reading ... https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...bidden.776771/ , can never quench the thirst for the Sab's!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    I would love a bit of that.
    No doubt my brother , and you will own that bad boy at time of release .... God Bless

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (01-04-2019), OzzyIsDio (01-05-2019)

^^ OID , here is some great fun "Forbidden" reading ... https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...bidden.776771/ , can never quench the thirst for the Sab's!
    Great and fun read like you said Doc, there are a lot of Martin haters, I can see, but oh well!

People also criticize the Ice-T vocal in Illusion Of Power, I've grown to like it and don't think the song would be the same without it.

Never enough Sabbath!!!!

Martin is cool. Do not get some of the rubbish that gets said but eh.....

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Martin is cool. Do not get some of the rubbish that gets said but eh.....
    Tony Martin is wonderful. Anyone that followed Ozzy, Dio, and Gillan was going to cop some unfair slagging. Doesn't take away from his talents and humanity as a vocalist.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetSymptom For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (01-06-2019), CraigSabbath (02-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Tony Martin is wonderful. Anyone that followed Ozzy, Dio, and Gillan was going to cop some unfair slagging. Doesn't take away from his talents and humanity as a vocalist.
    Exactly Sweet, that and the fact he was an unknown at the time he joined Sabbath, I guess didn't help either, I think sometimes people are more accepting of someone if they're already a known face, like Dio, Gillan and Hughes.

Though sometimes even when a person is known like Hughes, it's still not a guarantee a vocalist will be accepted, because of the drastic change in style of music.

Like the Seventh Star album, which is great album and I've grown to love, was a drastic change in style of music compared to the Ozzy, Dio and Gillan eras and thus not accepted by the majority.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (02-07-2019), ronn (01-13-2019)

Amazing ... BSO is averaging 200 to 400 different viewers an hour over the last 4 weekends ,, wow!

"The Listen" is averaging over 3,000 views a week ... insane! ... now well over one million reads ,, thank you to all who enjoy the Sab's!!

OID , amazing job honoring Billy U ... with that tremendous video ,, with honoring his friends wishes from Norway - giving people a chance to learn the correct information ... and most of all bringing that BU avatar back to LIFE !!

70SOZZYBLACKSABBATH! , happy birthday brother!!! and Jesus Bless!

CRAIGSABBATH , praying hard for you buddy ,, I am so sorry about your loss ... here if you need me.

*** latest Sabbath new -

IOMMI - "The Great Octopus" ,, the latest Sabbath gem , goes under chapter 21 "Iommi" - simply AWESOME!! ... this guy is what BLACK SABBATH is all about.

OZ ERA - plans are in the works for a very special 50th anniversary release for the Sabbath Debut Album .... booom!

DIO ERA - a live compilation spanning his career in the band is being bounced around , fingers crossed!

IAN ERA - Ian and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

HUGHES ERA - Glenn and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

MARTIN ERA - is in high gear ,, FORBIDDEN remix / remaster ,, FORBIDDEN Delux with new material ,, CROSS PURPOSES Delux with new material ... all in the works!

...... very exciting!!

God Bless Sabbath maniacs!!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (01-18-2019), CraigSabbath (02-07-2019), OzzyIsDio (01-14-2019), ronn (01-13-2019)

^^^ You said it Doc, booooom \m/

OID Seventh Star is one of my all time favs YoY

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (02-07-2019)

Thanks Ronn!!

Emerald Sabbath - "She's Gone" video , check it out ,, scroll to the bottom .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/eme...es-gone-video/

Amen!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (01-18-2019)

Doc thank you for the kind words my friend, all great Sabbath news, can’t wait for all the new Sabbath coming.

@ Ronn, In For The Kill, how awesome \m/!!!!

Doc, I have a new appreciation for Dehumanizer, I always loved this album from Day one of its release, now I love it even more.

I know this is one of your top Sabbath albums, just thought I’d mention this today.

Amazing ... BSO is averaging 200 to 400 different viewers an hour over the last 4 weekends ,, wow!

"The Listen" is averaging over 3,000 views a week ... insane! ... now well over one million reads ,, thank you to all who enjoy the Sab's!!

OID , amazing job honoring Billy U ... with that tremendous video ,, with honoring his friends wishes from Norway - giving people a chance to learn the correct information ... and most of all bringing that BU avatar back to LIFE !!

70SOZZYBLACKSABBATH! , happy birthday brother!!! and Jesus Bless!

CRAIGSABBATH , praying hard for you buddy ,, I am so sorry about your loss ... here if you need me.

*** latest Sabbath new -

IOMMI - "The Great Octopus" ,, the latest Sabbath gem , goes under chapter 21 "Iommi" - simply AWESOME!! ... this guy is what BLACK SABBATH is all about.

OZ ERA - plans are in the works for a very special 50th anniversary release for the Sabbath Debut Album .... booom!

DIO ERA - a live compilation spanning his career in the band is being bounced around , fingers crossed!

IAN ERA - Ian and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

HUGHES ERA - Glenn and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

MARTIN ERA - is in high gear ,, FORBIDDEN remix / remaster ,, FORBIDDEN Delux with new material ,, CROSS PURPOSES Delux with new material ... all in the works!

...... very exciting!!

God Bless Sabbath maniacs!!
    Thanks again Doc!!!!! Wish I seen that post sooner, would've thanked ya on the day of my bday if I known sooner ^_^

What happened with CraigSabbath? Sounds like something bad happened...

Thanks Ronn!!

Emerald Sabbath - "She's Gone" video , check it out ,, scroll to the bottom .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/eme...es-gone-video/

Amen!
    Listened to this awesome version of the song on the day it released...I must say, Emerald Sabbath are very talented!

She's Gone is one of my faves from TE, so it's nice to hear that song getting some love from a different band :]
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

^^ Your favorite thing about Sabbath's "She's Gone" ... your a smart man.

Just love IOMMI !! .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...of-birmingham/

SOTU .. https://www.loudersound.com/features...f-the-universe

When you lie to be kind , is it still a lie ?? .. https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...f-of-all-time/

OID , DEHUMANIZER is a friggin MASTERPIECE.

^^ Thanks for the info Doc

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Thanks again Doc!!!!! Wish I seen that post sooner, would've thanked ya on the day of my bday if I known sooner ^_^

What happened with CraigSabbath? Sounds like something bad happened...

Listened to this awesome version of the song on the day it released...I must say, Emerald Sabbath are very talented!

She's Gone is one of my faves from TE, so it's nice to hear that song getting some love from a different band :]
    Happy Birthday \m/

41. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (01-20-2019)

^^ Your favorite thing about Sabbath's "She's Gone" ... your a smart man.

When you lie to be kind , is it still a lie ?? .. https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...f-of-all-time/

OID , DEHUMANIZER is a friggin MASTERPIECE.
    She's Gone is an absolute masterpiece, Ozzy sings with such hurt you can feel his pain.

A lie is a lie Doc, there are no greater riffs than Sabbath.

Dehumanizer is a masterpiece, yes it is!

^^ Thanks for the info Doc

Happy Birthday \m/
    Thank you! Much appreciated
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

DEHUMANIZER DEMOS - such a fantastic listening experience.

Sabotage .... http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tony-...bath-sabotage/

Celebration .... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lou...th-celebration

Celebrate a little more .... http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...in-birmingham/

God Bless
    Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 01-23-2019 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Iommi ......

Wouldn’t Symptom be a greater riff: https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...l=1#post453809

Not 100% accurate , but 100% EXCELLENT read .... ENJOY ,,, https://www.loudersound.com/features...r-secret-songs

47. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

The Sabman Cometh (02-05-2019)

Not 100% accurate , but 100% EXCELLENT read .... ENJOY ,,, https://www.loudersound.com/features...r-secret-songs
    Doc these are those type of reads I love, thankyou for finding it \m/

Wouldn’t Symptom be a greater riff: https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...l=1#post453809
    Absolutely agree with you YoY

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of meeting song publishing quotas as being a possible reason for the extra titles in many early 70's Sabbath songs. Co-incidently, I just read the other day about a similar situation regarding Megadeth's next album. From Blabbermouth:

Asked how many tracks are going to appear on the upcoming MEGADETH disc, (vocalist/guitarist Dave) Mustaine said: "Therein lies the rub, because this is our last record for Universal. And the label, the contract with them is for eight songs. The publishing company, the contract with them is for 11 songs. So if I honor the publishing contract, I give them 11 songs.

I previously had accepted the explanation that the record company wanted to make it appear as though there were more songs on the albums than there actually were in order to help entice fans to buy them.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of meeting song publishing quotas as being a possible reason for the extra titles in many early 70's Sabbath songs. Co-incidently, I just read the other day about a similar situation regarding Megadeth's next album. From Blabbermouth:

Asked how many tracks are going to appear on the upcoming MEGADETH disc, (vocalist/guitarist Dave) Mustaine said: "Therein lies the rub, because this is our last record for Universal. And the label, the contract with them is for eight songs. The publishing company, the contract with them is for 11 songs. So if I honor the publishing contract, I give them 11 songs.

I previously had accepted the explanation that the record company wanted to make it appear as though there were more songs on the albums than there actually were in order to help entice fans to buy them.

Ted
    Ronn , Ted .... glad you both enjoyed that read ,, NOT 100% accurate , but absolutely good info!

"Smoke" over "Iron" , not a chance ... but some beautiful work when flowing from the "IronMan" himself .... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gui...e-on-the-water

Doc, thanks for the link. Death Mask! The 3 titles per one apparent song used to drive me crazy when I first purchased these albums years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Doc, thanks for the link. Death Mask! The 3 titles per one apparent song used to drive me crazy when I first purchased these albums years ago.
    The 'legitimacy' of the extra song titles has been debated in this Forum, in particular some of the titles on side 1 of Sabbath's debut album. And BTE, I agree, that article isn't 100% accurate but yes, a source of good info. as well as an interesting read.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted Sallis; 02-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Same here. Caused me confusion. That was then but even now i have got a Nirvana cd which i left on and a track comes on that is not listed on the booklet.
    This post was re Sabman comeths point. Did not press reply with quote.