Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,600 of 6666

Thanks for that, Doc! Always great to hear Iommi on the early days.

^^^ Amen Brother Sweet!

Ozzy or Dio .... https://metalheadzone.com/tony-iommi...nie-james-dio/

.... or a little Brian May .... https://youtu.be/PLFozqrHa3A

Anytime OID!!

Anytime Ronn!!

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Awesome reads. Thanks Doc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anytime my brother!
    Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-04-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: God Bless Sabbath maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Anytime OID!!
    Doc, thank you, you're the man with the Sabbath plan, you are my Sabbath Doctor with a PHD in Sabbathology and a cure for all my Sabbath ailments!!!!

Gotta see my Rock-N-Roll Doctor, as the song says!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Doc, thank you, you're the man with the Sabbath plan, you are my Sabbath Doctor with a PHD in Sabbathology and a cure for all my Sabbath ailments!!!!

Gotta see my Rock-N-Roll Doctor, as the song says!
    Thankyou my Sabbath Brother!!

Vinny on Ronnie .... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vi...brother-to-me/

^^ \m/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...es-820040/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Ronn, you're the best buddy! (YoY)
    YOY!
    How are you bud, lots of listening I bet!

Thankyou my Sabbath Brother!!

Vinny on Ronnie .... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vi...brother-to-me/
    Doc, your my brother! Thanks for the read.

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    ^^ \m/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...es-820040/amp/

YOY!
    How are you bud, lots of listening I bet!
    Doing good Ronn and so are you, my brother! Always lots of listening!!!! YoY!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Vinny always has positive things to say about Ronnie, which is wonderful!

Jake's always been a straight shooter, I commend him for that.

I saw both articles on Blabbermouth but I only read the 2nd one re. Jake possibly joining Motley Crue way back when. I think Mr. Lee may have made a valid point in stating that Crue may have been better musically overall if he'd joined; as for the popularity factor, he could be right about that too (they may not have become as big with him) but I'm not as certain myself.

Ted

Default The listen!!!!!!!!!

It’s interesting to think Jake could have been in the Crüe. Mick is a monster player. I would have loved to hear Jake in the Crüe. Maybe they would be blusier. I hate that Nikki is getting super defensive though. A war of words is the last thing I want as a fan of both the Crüe and Jake. It seems that when Nikki doesn’t like something that is said, wether true or not, or doesn’t go his way. He results in below the belt comments.

I’m referring to this from Nikki:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/preview/603529

Last edited by maestro; 04-21-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Well, 1st of all I've never considered Motley Crue's song output to be anything close to stellar - in my view they are like early Van Halen, known as much or more for their offstage escapades than their music- and in my book songs like Killer of Giants and Bark at the Moon beat any MC songs in terms of quality. So I don't have much respect for Mr. Sixx for making the derogatory comments toward Jake.

Ted

Thank you for the great reads Doc, crazy stuff going on in the world of Rock-Metal.

It’s interesting to think Jake could have been in the Crüe. Mick is a monster player. I would have loved to hear Jake in the Crüe. Maybe they would be blusier. I hate that Nikki is getting super defensive though. A war of words is the last thing I want as a fan of both the Crüe and Jake. It seems that when Nikki doesn’t like something that is said, wether true or not, or doesn’t go his way. He results in below the belt comments.

I too don't like when people result to low blows like Sixx did, thanks for the article Maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Well, 1st of all I've never considered Motley Crue's song output to be anything close to stellar - in my view they are like early Van Halen, known as much or more for their offstage escapades than their music- and in my book songs like Killer of Giants and Bark at the Moon beat any MC songs in terms of quality. So I don't have much respect for Mr. Sixx for making the derogatory comments toward Jake.

Ted
    Yeah, I only like their first two albums, racial slurs are not cool, I'm sure Jake didn't appreciate being called a slant eyed jap, Mick is lucky Jake didn't physically hurt him, good thing for Robbin Crosby being there.

Doc, interesting reads. I always enjoyed Jake's contributions with Ozzy.

Here is another example of the greatness of Black Sabbath. A few months ago I heard the following songs on Sirius radio in order: Electric Funeral, Long Live Rock n' Roll, and War Pigs. By itself, the Rainbow song would be a credible song. Sandwiched in between two Sabbath songs, it was weak and sounded like a common pop variety song.

^^^^ Sabman love when your around !!! .... without doubt not on par with The Sab's , but even further away from being a weak common pop song

Tony THE CAT ,,,, great read .. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._this_era.html

When Death Calls , great read .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...-may-of-queen/

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Doc, interesting reads. I always enjoyed Jake's contributions with Ozzy.

Here is another example of the greatness of Black Sabbath. A few months ago I heard the following songs on Sirius radio in order: Electric Funeral, Long Live Rock n' Roll, and War Pigs. By itself, the Rainbow song would be a credible song. Sandwiched in between two Sabbath songs, it was weak and sounded like a common pop variety song.
    Sabman always good to see you back, brother! Not fair being sandwiched in between those two heavy hitters, nothing can compete with Sabbath.

^^^^ Sabman love when your around !!! .... without doubt not on par with The Sab's , but even further away from being a weak common pop song

Tony THE CAT ,,,, great read .. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._this_era.html

When Death Calls , great read .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...-may-of-queen/
    Thanks for the great reads Doc, Headless Cross 30 years old already, time flies by, great memories of when that album came out.

Gus G with Priest, that would be great for Gus, if given that honor.

Wow. I don’t know how I missed that. It would be great to see that. Thanks Doc

Gus would do right by the material too, IMO.

Wow. I don’t know how I missed that. It would be great to see that. Thanks Doc.
    Never got to see Priest, Maestro, but if they come around to Jersey with Ozzy somehow, that's if Ozzy schedules any new tour dates, I have to make sure I go.

Good read .... Martin "my era of Sabbath was important" .... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...bands-history/

Good read .... Martin "my era of Sabbath was important" .... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...bands-history/
    I loved this. I think Tony Iommi wanted to make the book a little “juicer” and was told by his publisher to do so. I think Tony I in his heart of hearts loved and loves the great Tony Martin. This era truly has some of the greatest Sabbath moments that were caught on tape.

I loved this. I think Tony Iommi wanted to make the book a little “juicer” and was told by his publisher to do so. I think Tony I in his heart of hearts loved and loves the great Tony Martin. This era truly has some of the greatest Sabbath moments that were caught on tape.

Spot on my Sabbath Brother ..... fantastic post!

Good stuff , Sabbath info ... http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/riv...n-los-angeles/

Exactly. Iommi knows how important the Martin era was, as does Martin. It's great to see it getting recognised without any influence of a revisionist agenda.

Question for ya all .... which Major Sabbath vocalist ?? .... Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes or Martin , says live - "Satan's sitting there , She's smiling .." ,,,, I friggin love it every time I hear it!

Question for ya all .... which Major Sabbath vocalist ?? .... Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes or Martin , says live - "Satan's sitting there , She's smiling .." ,,,, I friggin love it every time I hear it!
    Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.
    Last edited by The Sabman Cometh; 05-08-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.
    I don't think it's Ozzy, She's smiling must be one of the others

Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".

Not the Ozman Sabman

That it must Ronnie Boy ,, but WHO ??

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".
    Wooooo , good guess Wheels , and good thinking ..... but not Ian ,, tho his "Digital Bitch" references do exist ....

Here's the lyrics we are looking at live ....

Big black shape with eyes of fire
    Telling people their desire
    Satan's sitting there, "SHE'S" smiling
    Watches those flames get higher and higher "AND HIGHER AND HIGHER" (not twice like the Oz or 3 times like Ian)
    Oh no, no, please god help me!

Also he says prior to WAR PIGS , this song still holds up today becuz the world sucks!

Doc, I looked at this lyric alteration("she's" smiling) as an error, thus I could see Ozzy slipping-up. Perhaps I am too much of a purist, I do not like any change to this epic masterpiece. My new guess is Dio.

My other thought was Rob Halford?

@Sabman , @Ronn , @Wheels ..... DIO it is! ,, DEHUMANIZER tour ... GREAT stuff!

Ozzy ..... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/za...-of-his-peers/

Tony is all class. What a gent!

Thanks for those, Doc! Hadn't read them yet.

Doc, thank you for the reads, perhaps members on here are right, Ozzy didn't show up for the lifetime achievement because he's not well, Tony wished Ozzy well and that he'd get better.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (05-19-2019)

^^^ You got it brother! .... and Sweet , and maestro !!

DEHUMANIZER is the most fantastic album ever released by anyone in the history of our fine planet ..... Can someone here prove to me otherwise ,, and if so , what tops it ??

DEHUMANIZER is the most fantastic album ever released by anyone in the history of our fine planet ..... Can someone here prove to me otherwise ,, and if so , what tops it ??
    I tend to agree. One of the greatest. I love the way it starts. That industrial clanking and banging we hear at the start off”Computer God”. Sets the tone for the rest of the album. Its got the great Geezer written all over it.

I too could categorize it as being one of the best; if you put the Alternative Version of Letters From Earth on it in place of the album track and took off what I consider the 1 or 2 weakest songs, Dehumanizer would be even better.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    I too could categorize it as being one of the best; if you put the Alternative Version of Letters From Earth on it in place of the album track and took off what I consider the 1 or 2 weakest songs, Dehumanizer would be even better.

Ted
    Hey Ted,
    Curious which two you'd take off the album?