Page 143 of 167 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,720 of 6666

Quote Originally Posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
    @Doc I've listened a few times to BA album regarding Mr Wards drumming and I fail to hear what you are hearing. I just cannot make out what I'm hearing as his drumming on this album is kind of buried underneath everything else where as on previous albums his drumming stands out a mile.
    Do me a favor , call Art - Ted - or Kelly , 973-694-6049 , at "The Sound Exchange" .... Tell them Doc sent you ,, have them mail you "The Born Again Demo's" - the sets there right now , are remastered by my team , and are fantastic - it's exactly what you need to hear , to understand how exceptionally amazing William Ward is on this beast of a release ,,, phenomenal!

After you order it , PM me your Name Address n Zip .... and let me know here when you do , and how much it cost you with shipping , and I will send you a check .... on me , my Sabbath Animal!

Doc

Saw them in 2007 at Mohegan Sun and it was amazing. The sound was awesome, the song selection was great and probably the best stage setup I ever saw. I believe they started the show with "After All (The Dead)" which I thought was a strange choice. The solo on "The Dio Years" tour for "Heaven and Hell" was awesome as well.

I just looked at the tour page for 2007 and it doesn't list Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun) as one of the show locations. I know Megadeth was the warmup but there is no listing. I know it wasn't the Masters of Metal tour. Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Saw them in 2007 at Mohegan Sun and it was amazing. The sound was awesome, the song selection was great and probably the best stage setup I ever saw. I believe they started the show with "After All (The Dead)" which I thought was a strange choice. The solo on "The Dio Years" tour for "Heaven and Hell" was awesome as well.

I just looked at the tour page for 2007 and it doesn't list Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun) as one of the show locations. I know Megadeth was the warmup but there is no listing. I know it wasn't the Masters of Metal tour. Any clues?
    Joe hasn't yet finished updating the new page. The data you're looking for was on the old page, which could be accessed via a link on the current page.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates_old/2007.html

There's also a concert review from that date:
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdat...07/051507.html

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Joe hasn't yet finished updating the new page. The data you're looking for was on the old page, which could be accessed via a link on the current page.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates_old/2007.html

There's also a concert review from that date:
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdat...07/051507.html
    Thank you Sweet. Thought I was cracking up

Sweet , Turch .... no doubt 2007 - 2009 was as special a moment Sabbath ever had .... ooooo no way , not "strange" opening with "After All (The Dead)" - absolutely a statement of originality , loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Thank you Sweet. Thought I was cracking up
    No worries, Turch.

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Sweet , Turch .... no doubt 2007 - 2009 was as special a moment Sabbath ever had .... ooooo no way , not "strange" opening with "After All (The Dead)" - absolutely a statement of originality , loved it!
    Definitely, Doc. A statement of intent, too. 'We're here, playing this classic material, but we're not about rehashing the past'. I still remember the show I saw on that tour like it was yesterday (having the bootleg helps too). They'd dropped After All by then, and opening with E5150/Mob Rules... what a rush! Sign of the Southern Cross was performed so well. Came across as really heavy. And Heaven and Hell, I still get chills down my spine remembering Iommi's guitar during the jam. What a night for my first Sabbath show.

Do me a favor , call Art - Ted - or Kelly , 973-694-6049 , at "The Sound Exchange" .... Tell them Doc sent you ,, have them mail you "The Born Again Demo's" - the sets there right now , are remastered by my team , and are fantastic - it's exactly what you need to hear , to understand how exceptionally amazing William Ward is on this beast of a release ,,, phenomenal!

After you order it , PM me your Name Address n Zip .... and let me know here when you do , and how much it cost you with shipping , and I will send you a check .... on me , my Sabbath Animal!

Doc
    you're a very generous man Doc.

Born Again is such an amazing connection of different worlds. The demos was the only way you could hear "The Fallen" for many many years. A lot of people say they prefer the demos but Trashed is unfinished and that takes it down a peg.Still a great listen regardless.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Just a reminder of awesomeness.

^^^^^^ Sweet , Lord Yeah , NS , Turch ..... keep rockin every moment of the Sab that you possibly can!!

27- REUNION
    26- WHOCARES
    25- DIO YEARS
    24- SBS
    23- TYR
    22- DEP
    21- TDYK
    20- CP
    19- NSD
    18- FORBIDDEN
    17- TE
    16- 13
    15- 8TH STAR
    14- PARANOID
    13- VOL 4
    12- MOB RULES
    11- 7TH STAR
    10- ETERNAL IDOL
    09- HEAVEN N HELL
    08- BLACK SABBATH
    07- FUSED
    06- BORN AGAIN
    05/1e - MASTER OF REALITY
    04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS

03/1c - IOMMI (Studio Album #21) - Black Sabbath at their extreme best , very hard for me to NOT but it ahead of #2 and #1 ,,,, Very possibly the most enjoyable album of my lifetime ..... !

God Bless

^^^^^^ Sweet , Lord Yeah , NS , Turch ..... keep rockin every moment of the Sab that you possibly can!!

27- REUNION
    26- WHOCARES
    25- DIO YEARS
    24- SBS
    23- TYR
    22- DEP
    21- TDYK
    20- CP
    19- NSD
    18- FORBIDDEN
    17- TE
    16- 13
    15- 8TH STAR
    14- PARANOID
    13- VOL 4
    12- MOB RULES
    11- 7TH STAR
    10- ETERNAL IDOL
    09- HEAVEN N HELL
    08- BLACK SABBATH
    07- FUSED
    06- BORN AGAIN
    04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS

03/1c - IOMMI (Studio Album #21) - Black Sabbath at their extreme best , very hard for me to NOT but it ahead of #2 and #1 ,,,, Very possibly the most enjoyable album of my lifetime ..... !

God Bless
    I just cannot believe Doc how low you are rating Sabbath Bloody Sabbath!!!!!
    This is easily their best effort!!!!
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    I just cannot believe Doc how low you are rating Sabbath Bloody Sabbath!!!!!
    This is easily their best effort!!!!
    Brother Thel , no doubt - I cannot disagree .... from 12-28-16 , right after casting the vote for #22 DEP .....

@You SBS PM's , keep your heads high! .... If you understand my love for Reunion , WhoCares and The Dio Years EP .... And my love for TYR and DEP .... and my 3 main reasons SBS is locked in at #24 ... and also knew my beyond appreciation for the vocal , instrumentation - musicianship on this beast .... a euphonious landscape bested by nothing ,,,,,, then you would understand the undeniable fact - if you took the greatest fan of this masterpiece at his or her most euphoric moment , and multiplied it by an infinite equation - you would then have the degree that SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH elates me during my sleep.

27- REUNION
    26- WHOCARES
    25- DIO YEARS
    24- SBS
    23- TYR
    22- DEP
    21- TDYK
    20- CP
    19- NSD
    18- FORBIDDEN
    17- TE
    16- 13
    15- 8TH STAR
    14- PARANOID
    13- VOL 4
    12- MOB RULES
    11- 7TH STAR
    10- ETERNAL IDOL
    09- HEAVEN N HELL
    08- BLACK SABBATH
    07- FUSED
    06- BORN AGAIN
    04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS

God Bless
    Was listening to the 'IOMMI' album yesterday. There is some great stuff on there, although I would not rate it as high as you

Black Sabbath - 9/10
    Paranoid - 8/10
    Master Of Reality 9/10
    Vol. 4 10/10
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 10/10
    Sabotage 10/10
    Technical Ecstasy 8/10
    Never Say Die 10/10
    Heaven & Hell 10/10
    Mob Rules 10/10
    Live Evil 8/10
    Born Again 10/10
    Seventh Star 7/10
    The Eternal Idol 8/10
    Headless Cross 10/10
    TYR 9/10
    Dehumanizer 10/10
    Cross Purposes 8/10
    Forbidden 7/10
    The Devil You Know 9/10
    13 10/10
    Live At Last 9/10
    Live At Hammersmith Odeon 10/10
    The Eighth Star/ The Dep Sessions 8/10
    Iommi 8/10
    Fused 10/10
    Cross Purposes Live 8/10

***From another thread***

Was listening to the 'IOMMI' album yesterday. There is some great stuff on there, although I would not rate it as high as you
    Excellent ..... rate the ten tracks for me - in order .... and take a listen to "The Bastard" aka "Inversion of the Saviours" - from these sessions ..... https://youtu.be/XExHGBt82Ew ......

***** Also from 12-28-16 :

...... OK , being as unbiased as I possibly am capable of ... most know my scale: 1 - 10.25 , Sabbath too good to grade any other way ,,

Fluff 9.75
    The Turn of the Screw 9.75
    Hot Line 9.75
    Born to Loose 9.75

War Pigs 10
    Heaven n Hell 10
    The Sabbath Stones 10
    Heart Like a Wheel 10

SOTU 10.25
    A National Acrobat 10.25
    Buried Alive 10.25
    Nightmare 10.25

.... here it goes ,,,

Laughing Man (In The Devil Mask) 9.90

Meat 10

Goodbye Lament 10.24

Time Is Mine 10

Patterns 9.90

Black Oblivion 10

Flame On 10.24

Just Say No To Love 9.90

Who's Fooling Who 9.90

Into The Night 9.90

..... ya , as of right now , HC - MOR - DEHUMANIZER - SABOTAGE , are all looking up at this gem of all gems , that they are!

https://youtu.be/lhYirvcasek ... Something Wicked This Way Comes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsmkxNWmBgc .... BLACK!

Black Sabbath - 9/10
    Paranoid - 8/10
    Master Of Reality 9/10
    Vol. 4 10/10
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 10/10
    Sabotage 10/10
    Technical Ecstasy 8/10
    Never Say Die 10/10
    Heaven & Hell 10/10
    Mob Rules 10/10
    Live Evil 8/10
    Born Again 10/10
    Seventh Star 7/10
    The Eternal Idol 8/10
    Headless Cross 10/10
    TYR 9/10
    Dehumanizer 10/10
    Cross Purposes 8/10
    Forbidden 7/10
    The Devil You Know 9/10
    13 10/10
    Live At Last 9/10
    Live At Hammersmith Odeon 10/10
    The Eighth Star/ The Dep Sessions 8/10
    Iommi 8/10
    Fused 10/10
    Cross Purposes Live 8/10

***From another thread***
    I LOVE IT!

Thel , do me a favor , your missing 3 studio albums - REUNION , WhoCares , Dio Years - Separate 8th Star from DEP - They are as different as they are similar ,,, and tho I love the ratings of them - erase the live material ..... Start from #27 , and finish with #1 - Rate them all for me - much , much , much harder to differentiate that way , you will find out how "big" of a Sab mad man you are .... HIT IT FOR ME BROTHER - go! '27 - 1'

God Bless
    Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-20-2017 at 06:30 AM. Reason: "I" live 2009 .... Epic!

God Bless
    "Meat" , "Goodbye Lament" , "Flame On" (smoking Astbury) and the golden one "Into the Night"- perhaps my favourite- with Idol at the top .
    Fantastic album , Doc.

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

CANADIAN METAL!!! (anyone other than Thel that gets that one?)

95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Excellent ..... rate the ten tracks for me - in order .... and take a listen to "The Bastard" aka "Inversion of the Saviours" - from these sessions ..... https://youtu.be/XExHGBt82Ew ......

***** Also from 12-28-16 :

...... OK , being as unbiased as I possibly am capable of ... most know my scale: 1 - 10.25 , Sabbath too good to grade any other way ,,

Fluff 9.75
    The Turn of the Screw 9.75
    Hot Line 9.75
    Born to Loose 9.75

War Pigs 10
    Heaven n Hell 10
    The Sabbath Stones 10
    Heart Like a Wheel 10

SOTU 10.25
    A National Acrobat 10.25
    Buried Alive 10.25
    Nightmare 10.25

.... here it goes ,,,

Laughing Man (In The Devil Mask) 9.90

Meat 10

Goodbye Lament 10.24

Time Is Mine 10

Patterns 9.90

Black Oblivion 10

Flame On 10.24

Just Say No To Love 9.90

Who's Fooling Who 9.90

Into The Night 9.90

..... ya , as of right now , HC - MOR - DEHUMANIZER - SABOTAGE , are all looking up at this gem of all gems , that they are!

https://youtu.be/lhYirvcasek ... Something Wicked This Way Comes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsmkxNWmBgc .... BLACK!

I LOVE IT!

Thel , do me a favor , your missing 3 studio albums - REUNION , WhoCares , Dio Years - Separate 8th Star from DEP - They are as different as they are similar ,,, and tho I love the ratings of them - erase the live material ..... Start from #27 , and finish with #1 - Rate them all for me - much , much , much harder to differentiate that way , you will find out how "big" of a Sab mad man you are .... HIT IT FOR ME BROTHER - go! '27 - 1'

God Bless
    Will do Doc when I get chance. My third child was born two days ago and only came home last night so as you can imagine I've got my hands full at the moment. But then again you only need ears to listen to music

Will do Doc when I get chance. My third child was born two days ago and only came home last night so as you can imagine I've got my hands full at the moment. But then again you only need ears to listen to music
    Your blessed my brother! ..... Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post

Wish I did brother Bill ,, but no clue what it is "to get" - share with me ?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR66 View Post
    "Meat" , "Goodbye Lament" , "Flame On" (smoking Astbury) and the golden one "Into the Night"- perhaps my favourite- with Idol at the top .
    Fantastic album , Doc.
    Smart you are my brother!! ,, Smart you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    I got it.

#27 - Seventh Star - A great album just the worst of the Sabbath catalog. Some interesting stuff going on and I appreciate what Iommi was going for, there just has to be a number 27

#26 - Forbidden - This is the album that gets the least plays from me though that is not to say it is a bad album. On the contrary the more times I listen to it the more I like it, but damn the mix is out of whack and it also desperately needs to be remastered. Still a mighty record if you overlook a few glitches in the delivery.

#26 - Forbidden - This is the album that gets the least plays from me though that is not to say it is a bad album. On the contrary the more times I listen to it the more I like it, but damn the mix is out of whack and it also desperately needs to be remastered. Still a mighty record if you overlook a few glitches in the delivery.
    100% agree . Check out the rough mix if you have not already done. No vocals (so no rap on Illusion of Power ! great ) but Tony , Cozy and Neil on fire . This album NEEDS to be remastered , sure.

100% agree . Check out the rough mix if you have not already done. No vocals (so no rap on Illusion of Power ! great ) but Tony , Cozy and Neil on fire . This album NEEDS to be remastered , sure.
    Great stuff.

That is great TYR66 thanks for sharing!!!!

I'm loving it Thel! , Tyr66 , Lord Yeah ..... love seeing Sabbath maniacs talk ALL era's of Sabbath .... 7th Star is a straight up masterpiece - 9 flawless tracks , I only know of 10 Sab releases to top its magic ..... Forbidden - raw , taboo and creative ,, much like BA , the production only adds to its moment in time , speaking of time - this release just keeps getting better ...... 2 incredible chapters in the history of our great band.

Loving the list Thel!

Just the instrumentals alone of iommi playing are worth the listen.

Just the instrumentals alone of iommi playing are worth the listen.
    It's the blueprint that leads to the gem - much like the BA demo's , I want to gift to you ,, the Eternal Idol working tracks n demo's ,, Star of India , and more - it shows you all the different angles during creation ,, a version also exist ruff like this with a vocal track - Martin doing the "Ice-T" part - FORBIDDEN was an awesome time and experience in 95 and even better today , "Kiss of Death" rivaling anything Sabbath has ever written.

Great stuff!

It's the blueprint that leads to the gem - much like the BA demo's , I want to gift to you ,, the Eternal Idol working tracks n demo's ,, Star of India , and more - it shows you all the different angles during creation ,, a version also exist ruff like this with a vocal track - Martin doing the "Ice-T" part - FORBIDDEN was an awesome time and experience in 95 and even better today , "Kiss of Death" rivaling anything Sabbath has ever written.

Great stuff!
    I will be in touch regarding those demos, cheers Doc.

Strange . the Forbidden rough mix video on YT has disappeared.

We have already discussed this video in another thread
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...orbidden+rough

#25 - Paranoid - I know, I know - how in the hell could such a masterpiece be scored so low??? With the juggernaut that is Iron Man and the powerful delivery from the whole band on War Pigs to the mighty Electric Funeral there is not much to dislike. I had a tough time validating to myself putting Paranoid so low but I still give it a 8 out of 10 score in my previous posts. It is this simple - Paranoid is excellent just not as excellent as what came after and consequently what came before.

Congratulations OLY!!!!!

#24 - Iommi - The only real reason this has scored its position is because it is the only album from Iommi/Black Sabbath that I do not own.
    I do have a copy on my Computer and I do know how incredible the songs and musical aspects are. A one in a million release with some great vocal work from a slew of mighty singers.

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    25!
    Doc has it at 14!
    Have you guys heard Hand of Doom
    And Fairies wear Boots

Paranoid and Seventh Star are both in my top 10 \m/
    I LOVE Hand of Doom - it always kept me away from harder drugs excluding very minute experimentation with them.
    And Fairies is superb!!

#25 - Paranoid - I know, I know - how in the hell could such a masterpiece be scored so low??? With the juggernaut that is Iron Man and the powerful delivery from the whole band on War Pigs to the mighty Electric Funeral there is not much to dislike. I had a tough time validating to myself putting Paranoid so low but I still give it a 8 out of 10 score in my previous posts. It is this simple - Paranoid is excellent just not as excellent as what came after and consequently what came before.
    25!
    Doc has it at 14!
    Have you guys heard Hand of Doom
    And Fairies wear Boots

Paranoid and Seventh Star are both in my top 10 \m/

#24 - Iommi - The only real reason this has scored its position is because it is the only album from Iommi/Black Sabbath that I do not own.
    I do have a copy on my Computer and I do know how incredible the songs and musical aspects are. A one in a million release with some great vocal work from a slew of mighty singers.
    Find a copy Thelemech \m/
    I will let Mary know to tell the Doc
    He will send you a check after you order it \m/

27 who cares
    26 reunion
    25 born again
    24 cross purposes
    23 8th star
    22 never say die
    21 dio years
    20 technical ecstasy
    19 Tyr
    18 volume 4
    17 mob rules
    16 dep
    15 13
    14 black sabbath
    13 forbidden
    12 eternal idol
    11 fused
    10 master of reality
    9 heaven and hell
    8 sabbath bloody sabbath
    7 paranoid
    6 Iommi
    5 headless cross
    4 sabotage
    3 the devil you know
    2 seventh star
    1 dehumanizer \m/

Edit,
    Doc, does Art have any of them dvds Black Sabbath live in Paris 1970?
    Last edited by ronn; 04-22-2017 at 07:18 PM.

I found a copy - that is coincidentally signed by Iommi but it was 74$ plus shipping of 4$ .
    It may be cheaper for him to find it on his end?? Doc??

27 who cares
    26 reunion
    25 born again
    24 cross purposes
    23 8th star
    22 never say die
    21 dio years
    20 technical ecstasy
    19 Tyr
    18 volume 4
    17 mob rules
    16 dep
    15 13
    14 black sabbath
    13 forbidden
    12 eternal idol
    11 fused
    10 master of reality
    9 heaven and hell
    8 sabbath bloody sabbath
    7 paranoid
    6 Iommi
    5 headless cross
    4 sabotage
    3 the devil you know
    2 seventh star
    1 dehumanizer \m/

Edit,
    Doc, does Art have any of them dvds Black Sabbath live in Paris 1970?
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath in the top ten - nice!!
    Dehumanizer at #1 - great choice -a perfect album.
    Last edited by Thelemech; 04-23-2017 at 01:42 AM.

I found a copy - that is coincidentally signed by Iommi but it was 74$ plus shipping of 4$ .
    It may be cheaper for him to find it on his end?? Doc??
    Oh shit that's expensive!
    Do you remember some guy Jordan? He would always ask the Doc for expensive stuff
    Doc would probably say go ahead
    But I don't know, he only gave me authority to tell people to order something and let Mary know
    He's been busy, we don't see him much anymore.
    I think it's easier for him to send checks to people after they order something
    I think that's what he said

Edit, I did a search Thelemech
    https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=39174691...pp=true&chn=ps

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath in the top ten - nice!!
    Dehumaniozer at #1 - great choice -a perfect album.
    Thanks \m/
    I love them both!

Hey Thelemech
    Can you fix your post so my post says 25 born again
    Last edited by ronn; 04-22-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Oh shit that's expensive!
    Do you remember some guy Jordan? He would always ask the Doc for expensive stuff
    Doc would probably say go ahead
    But I don't know, he only gave me authority to tell people to order something and let Mary know
    He's been busy, we don't see him much anymore.
    I think it's easier for him to send checks to people after they order something
    I think that's what he said

Edit, I did a search Thelemech
    https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=39174691...pp=true&chn=ps

Thanks \m/
    I love them both!
    The only problem is that is on Ebay.com - since I am from Canada I need to use Ebay.ca.
    I just found one that is 34$ plus 13$ shipping this is on Ebay.ca - but I would prefer to deal with Amazon.ca (the one for 74$) but if that is expensive for the Doc I understand - I will keep an eye open for one that is cheaper on Amazon.ca