Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,200 of 6666

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Love this track! ........ and thank you for the extra "No Stranger To Love" moment ,,,, when others play it without Iommi - you realize just how much of a Sabbath Classic track 2 off "7th Star" IS! Gorgeous ......
    Hughes playing any Iommi/Hughes track tends to reinforce this point, as well.

Just wondering, How many "Iommi/Hughes" has Glenn played live? We obviously know he's done "No Stranger To Love" and "Seventh Star", are there any others?
    Last edited by Axe fiend; 02-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post

Cool Ronn!

@ Doctor John,

Doc, are there any other record shops you recommend, besides Sound Exchange and Vintage Vinyl?

Iíve been to the Princeton Record Exchange, not too crazy about that one, was just wondering if you knew any other record shop that is Sabbath good?

Thank you in advance, your help is always appreciated.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Hughes playing any Iommi/Hughes track tends to reinforce this point, as well.
    Totally agree brother Sweet! ..... left you a post on the last page after all the noise (sorry about that , I know you keep "The Listen" in line ...) , hope you saw it , God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe fiend View Post
    Just wondering, How many "Iommi/Hughes" has Glenn played live? We obviously know he's done "No Stranger To Love" and "Seventh Star", are there any others?
    GREAT question Axe!! .... hope your well!

Sweet , you got any idea ??

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

@ Doctor John,

Doc, are there any other record shops you recommend, besides Sound Exchange and Vintage Vinyl?

I’ve been to the Princeton Record Exchange, not too crazy about that one, was just wondering if you knew any other record shop that is Sabbath good?

Thank you in advance, your help is always appreciated.
    Sound Exchange the best by far , Vintage Vinyl good , Princeton decent at best , Scotti's in Summit can be very good at times - also where I found a bunch of the Maiden 45's for our members here , Flip Side in Pompton Lakes is decent - had all the Japanese Martin CD's ...... Happy Hunting!!

Totally agree brother Sweet! ..... left you a post on the last page after all the noise (sorry about that , I know you keep "The Listen" in line ...) , hope you saw it , God Bless.

GREAT question Axe!! .... hope your well!

Sweet , you got any idea ??

Sound Exchange the best by far , Vintage Vinyl good , Princeton decent at best , Scotti's in Summit can be very good at times - also where I found a bunch of the Maiden 45's for our members here , Flip Side in Pompton Lakes is decent - had all the Japanese Martin CD's ...... Happy Hunting!!
    Thanks Doc, how about Randy’s Now’s Man Cave In Bordentown, ever been there?

Leaving you a PM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Thanks Doc, how about Randy’s Now’s Man Cave In Bordentown, ever been there?

Leaving you a PM.
    Randy's is right there with Tunes from Hoboken ,,, pretty good brother!

Randy's is right there with Tunes from Hoboken ,,, pretty good brother!
    I was just in Hoboken two days ago. Thanks again Doc.

Old blue eyes.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-18-2018 at 09:28 PM.

I did see it. Thanks, Doc!

In regards to Hughes playing Iommi/Hughes tracks, so far we have evidence of: No Stranger to Love, Sphinx (The Guardian), Seventh Star, Gone, Heart Like a Wheel (with Iommi guesting at least once on this track).
    Last edited by SweetSymptom; 02-21-2018 at 02:46 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetSymptom For This Useful Post:

BACK TO EDEN (02-19-2018), ronn (02-20-2018)

I did see it. Thanks, Doc!

In regards to Hughes playing Iommi/Hughes tracks, so far we have evidence of: No Stranger to Love, Sphinx (The Guardian), Seventh Star, Gone (with Iommi guesting at least once on this track).
    That's awesome to know \m/

BSO the place for information!

That's awesome to know \m/

BSO the place for information!
    Yes Ronn and the only reliable place for Sabbath info.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

ronn (02-20-2018)

HEAVEN IN BLACK .... such an underrated closer - it's scary!!

..... I mean - my goodness , "Into the void" material!

(well , not quite , but you get the point)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

ronn (02-20-2018)

Awesome read that was sent to me last night , I saw it before but it struck home again , love Sabbath!! ..... http://www.glennhughes.com/fusedint.html

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (02-20-2018), ronn (02-20-2018)

Doctor John, Sabbath M.D. with a PHD in Sabbathology!!!!

The man with the Sabbath plan!!!!!!! -l- (YoY)!!!!!!!

The Cross sign is for Tony Martin’s Cross.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

BACK TO EDEN (02-20-2018), ronn (02-20-2018)

Doctor John, Sabbath M.D. with a PHD in Sabbathology!!!!

The man with the Sabbath plan!!!!!!! -l- (YoY)!!!!!!!

The Cross sign is for Tony Martin’s Cross.
    You can say that again! \m/ YoY

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

BACK TO EDEN (02-20-2018), OzzyIsDio (02-21-2018)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (02-21-2018)

Thoughts that run through a Doc's head ....

TYR is FANTASTIC .....

The guy who turned down "Heaven in Black" in the studio as Iommi is soloing , needs to rethink his role .....

Chapter 18 of "The Listen" part 2 starts tomorrow - either the best album ever "Sabotage" or 14th best ever "13" .....

Last but not least ..... Sabbath is a band that brings us ALL together ,,, different era's and idea's , but none the less - together! ..... til recently that was a given ,,, as we ALL tried to express how and why Sabbath got us here - the non Sabbath in us ALL (involved) came out and changed the atmosphere to where we are now - hopefully a place of healing ,, my part may be bigger than even I realize , while talking (in real time) to one of our special members here at BSO today - though it wasn't his intent , it became obvious to me anyway , that as far back as 2012 my part in this divide was being set , for that I'm sorry ..... bigger than that , is the fact - just as Sabbath has brought us ALL together before , Sabbath can do it again! (and no better place , than BSO) .... til then - love , respect and for may part , apologies.

Doc

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (02-22-2018), ronn (02-21-2018), Thelemech (02-21-2018), turch118 (02-22-2018)

Thoughts that run through a Doc's head ....

TYR is FANTASTIC .....

The guy who turned down "Heaven in Black" in the studio as Iommi is soloing , needs to rethink his role .....

Chapter 18 of "The Listen" part 2 starts tomorrow - either the best album ever "Sabotage" or 14th best ever "13" .....

Last but not least ..... Sabbath is a band that brings us ALL together ,,, different era's and idea's , but none the less - together! ..... til recently that was a given ,,, as we ALL tried to express how and why Sabbath got us here - the non Sabbath in us ALL (involved) came out and changed the atmosphere to where we are now - hopefully a place of healing ,, my part may be bigger than even I realize , while talking (in real time) to one of our special members here at BSO today - though it wasn't his intent , it became obvious to me anyway , that as far back as 2012 my part in this divide was being set , for that I'm sorry ..... bigger than that , is the fact - just as Sabbath has brought us ALL together before , Sabbath can do it again! (and no better place , than BSO) .... til then - love , respect and for may part , apologies.

Doc
    Love ya Doc!

Supertzar ...... WOW!

The London Philharmonic Choir was brought in to perform on the song "Supertzar", when Ozzy arrived at the studio and saw them , he thought he was in the wrong place and left ......

Doc left you a PM.

The main riff alone in "Supertzar" is worth the price of admission ..... the track has a feel of being composed by Carl Orff - a German composer ,,,, such a fantastic piece of music.

Doc Supertzar is on of my favorite instrumentals, love the feel and haunting beauty of it.

Supertzar is a great piece of music. It's very black sabbath. It was a great pre show opener before the band came onstage.

Doc Supertzar is on of my favorite instrumentals, love the feel and haunting beauty of it.
    So well crafted .....

Quote Originally Posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
    Supertzar is a great piece of music. It's very black sabbath. It was a great pre show opener before the band came onstage.
    No doubt about this right here!

The Vinny Sabbath Tribute .... "Supertzar" - https://www.facebook.com/events/1941579749440786/?ti=cl

Quote Originally Posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
    Great show opener indeed OLY, one of the best pieces of music Sabbath has, better than Carmina Burana!

^^

For how long did Sabbath use supertzar as an opener?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (02-27-2018)

OID , random thought! .... and thankyou

"SABOTAGE"

- Ozzy's vocals "The Thrill Of It All" ..... enough said!

- Iommi's tone "Megalomania" .... underground standard setting , a mainstream impossibility , til now , then , whatever ...... impeccable!

- DON'T START ........... too late!

- SUPERTZAR , AM I GOING INSANE (radio) , THE WRIT .... the weak 3 ? OR all that and a box of chocolate!

^^

For how long did Sabbath use supertzar as an opener?
    1975 (post-Sabotage release) - 1980. 1983 - 1987 (minus Live Aid). 1994. Not sure if they used it at all during the first Ozzy era reunions, or just that 'Sabbath Medley'.

No guarantee that they used it at every show in those years.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetSymptom For This Useful Post:

BACK TO EDEN (03-03-2018)

OID , random thought! .... and thankyou

"SABOTAGE"

- Ozzy's vocals "The Thrill Of It All" ..... enough said!

- Iommi's tone "Megalomania" .... underground standard setting , a mainstream impossibility , til now , then , whatever ...... impeccable!

- DON'T START ........... too late!

- SUPERTZAR , AM I GOING INSANE (radio) , THE WRIT .... the weak 3 ? OR all that and a box of chocolate!
    Thank you Doc!

1975 (post-Sabotage release) - 1980. 1983 - 1987 (minus Live Aid). 1994. Not sure if they used it at all during the first Ozzy era reunions, or just that 'Sabbath Medley'.

Good stuff Sweet ,, .... the ending 3 off "Sabotage" minus "Blow ..." , which is your favorite ?

Tony Iommi and Rob Halford exchanged memories of their first-ever U.S. shows during their first-ever double interview in their five-decade friendship.

The Black Sabbath and Judas Priest icons spoke to Metal Hammer about the past, present and future of heavy metal, admitting that neither had recalled when they first met.

Asked about the influence Sabbath had on Priest, Halford said, “It was just the success they were having, that was the inspiration: ‘Oh God, they’re playing in the States!’ When your mates are doing something like that, it’s like, ‘Maybe we might get lucky and go over there too.’ Can you remember the first time you went over to America, Tone?”

“Yeah,” Iommi replied. “We played in a club in New York called Ungano’s. We were all thinking, ‘Brilliant, it’s America, we’ve made it!’ And we turned up at this place, and it was half the size of this room. Then we plugged in the gear and it blew up, ’cos we didn’t realize the voltage was different. It was, like, ‘Fucking hell, is this it?’ Mind you, we supported Rod Stewart the next night, and we went down better than he did … which he wasn’t very amused about.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tony-...irst-us-shows/

http://teamrock.com/feature/2018-03-...w-metal-hammer

44. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (03-03-2018)

Thanks for the links Doc, I use to subscribe to all kinds of Rock mags, now I rarely find any accept for Rolling Stone who is pretty much biased towards Sabbath.

^^ Me too OID YoY

That is cool they wrote it as a concert opening
    Thanks sweet!

Good stuff Sweet ,, .... the ending 3 off "Sabotage" minus "Blow ..." , which is your favorite ?

Tony Iommi and Rob Halford exchanged memories of their first-ever U.S. shows during their first-ever double interview in their five-decade friendship.

The Black Sabbath and Judas Priest icons spoke to Metal Hammer about the past, present and future of heavy metal, admitting that neither had recalled when they first met.

Asked about the influence Sabbath had on Priest, Halford said, “It was just the success they were having, that was the inspiration: ‘Oh God, they’re playing in the States!’ When your mates are doing something like that, it’s like, ‘Maybe we might get lucky and go over there too.’ Can you remember the first time you went over to America, Tone?”

“Yeah,” Iommi replied. “We played in a club in New York called Ungano’s. We were all thinking, ‘Brilliant, it’s America, we’ve made it!’ And we turned up at this place, and it was half the size of this room. Then we plugged in the gear and it blew up, ’cos we didn’t realize the voltage was different. It was, like, ‘Fucking hell, is this it?’ Mind you, we supported Rod Stewart the next night, and we went down better than he did … which he wasn’t very amused about.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tony-...irst-us-shows/

http://teamrock.com/feature/2018-03-...w-metal-hammer
    Doc you rock the information all the time, thanks!

Hey Doc,

Love them all. But if I had to choose, The Writ. Followed by Supertzar, and Am I Going Insane. So many moods and atmospheres encompassed in those three, but The Writ takes it. The intensity and anger from dealing with their legal hurdles, all wrapped up into one evocative track.

Hey Ronn,

You're welcome!

Sabbath "The Wizard" early take has a break down near the end that is so tasty - I'm surprised they decided against using it on "The Debut".

Sabbath "The Wizard" early take has a break down near the end that is so tasty - I'm surprised they decided against using it on "The Debut".
    That's one of my grails, Doc. As you know. That bit of info is gold.

Did they decide not to use it, or could it have been edited out? Food for thought.

Doc, is there a Breakout with Dave Walker on vocals?

Ozzy refused to sing Swinging The Chain and Breakout, which Bill wound up singing Swinging The Chain and Breakout was used as an instrumental.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Doc, is there a Breakout with Dave Walker on vocals?
    In their vaults of what they were working on in 1978, I'm sure there is. Have *WE* seen that? No.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Siegler For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (03-06-2018)