Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,640 of 6648

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Hey Ted,
    Curious which two you'd take off the album?
    I'd take off Too Late and possibly Buried Alive. Overall I don't think they are bad songs, I just don't think they're of quite the same quality as the rest of the songs on the album.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    I'd take off Too Late and possibly Buried Alive. Overall I don't think they are bad songs, I just don't think they're of quite the same quality as the rest of the songs on the album.

Ted
    I love buried alive. The last half of that song is awesome. The vocal on it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted
    Fair point. With that said, would you replace either/both songs with a (theoretically fully finished) 'Bad Blood' or 'The Next Time', or would the album work better for you with 8 songs?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Fair point. With that said, would you replace either/both songs with a (theoretically fully finished) 'Bad Blood' or 'The Next Time', or would the album work better for you with 8 songs?
    Thanks for the suggestions. I might replace 1 or the other song with a fully finished take of Bad Blood. Otherwise I would go for an 8 song album.

Ted

Great stuff guys ,, loved reading all DEHUMANIZER comments!! .... thank you!

Computer God is one of the most statement openers in the entire Sabbath catalog , last 2 mins and 45 seconds as good as anything Sabbath has ever done , vocals unmatched.

After All (The Dead) allows a one two opening punch that tops The Beatles Taxman / Eleanor Rigby , and is barely surpassed by Hole / Don't / SOTU and SBS / Acrobat.

TV Crimes is a bass line phenomenon , with both versions of Letters from Earth being a thinking mans track , only the alternate version letting you know the actual NAME of the game is "the end" , not the end of something.

Master of Insanity is an absolute masterpiece in terms of vocal performance , and shows why this is easily one of the all time great drum albums to ever see the light of day.

Time Machine has some of the best enunciation I have EVER heard , both versions ... this track here , being the 10th best on this release (not including demo tracks) , is a perfect example why this album barely has peers.

BUT THESE 4 TRACKS right here PUT THIS ALBUM , especially when you consider the fact that you opened this beast with Computer / After , at a level that NOTHING can surpass DEHUMANIZER! .... Rivaling the opening 23 mins and 56 seconds , from SABOTAGE , for the most spectacular music EVER recorded.

Sins of the Father opens this run of 21 mins and 47 seconds of pure unadulterated "aggressively" emotional landscape of notes and octaves , with a punch! ,,, a top ten Sabbath masterpiece , absolutely AMAZING ... only to then be topped by Dio's most accomplished vocal of ALL TIME with the impeccable "Too Late" - I can't even begin to acknowledge how good this track is , you must ask while listening "has Sabbath ever been better?" ...... then you get -

I - love , love , LOVE this song!!! , the ending is a "Shock Wave" part 2 ,, a Sabbath gem amongst gems!!

All leading to the GREATEST album closer of all time , the best track off this masterpiece release , and the third best song ever written by anyone ever , BURIED ALIVE!! .... the ending vocal is the best thing I have ever heard in my life.

..... Ya Dehumanizer , is as good as it gets.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might replace 1 or the other song with a fully finished take of Bad Blood. Otherwise I would go for an 8 song album.

Ted
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Ted. I enjoyed reading them. It's always fun to consider how albums might have turned out had different choices been made.

Doc, absolutely spot on!

Ted
    Ted I love those two songs as I do the entire album, I wouldn't drop one, It's always great to hear yours and others opinions, for sure.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Doc, I enjoyed your review. I gave Dehumanizer a fresh listen, it still ranks as my #4 Dio era Sabbath studio album. Overall, as high as #14 in the great history of Black Sabbath.

#4 Sabman????? That's bottom of the barrel. I know it's a tough choice but #4 is reserved for TDYK. Hey Doc, how would you rank the Dio studio albums?

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    #4 Sabman????? That's bottom of the barrel. I know it's a tough choice but #4 is reserved for TDYK. Hey Doc, how would you rank the Dio studio albums?
    I agree with turch118. For me the order of Dio-Sabbath albums is Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, Dehumanizer then The Devil You Know.

Ted

I agree with turch118. For me the order of Dio-Sabbath albums is Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, Dehumanizer then The Devil You Know.

Ted
    I agree with this.

Great to see you!!

AND I LOVE THIS QUESTION , will tell you why in a moment ....

As for DEHUMANIZER , is tied for the GREATEST piece of art on Planet Earth ....

The 27 "best" studio releases are ALL Sabbath ... next 13 belong to The Beatles , after that Rush throws 19 into the mix ....

With the 27 top albums of all time , the top 10 never change , and 25 - 27 never changes .... BUT 11 - 24 do change , NOT OFTEN , but they do , and I'm always excited to see how it plays out , and that would be why I LOVE this question , I know it's about DIO - but let's give the entire picture .... HERE IT GOES , THE TOP 27 -

1a sabotage

1b DEHUMANIZER

1c iommi

1d headless cross

1e master of reality

.... With those top 5 , they are all tied for the GREATEST thing I have ever heard , but I always list them is this order , does it mean something , maybe .... I don't know.

6 born again

7 fused

8 debut

9 HEAVEN N HELL

10 the eternal idol

11 seventh star

12 MOB RULES

13 paranoid

14 tyr

15 vol 4

16 forbidden

17 13 double album , 16 tracks

18 dep

19 technical ecstasy

20 TDYK

21 sabbath bloody sabbath

22 cross purposes

23 never say die

24 8th star

25 THE DIO YEARS 3 track ep

26 who cares 2 track ep

27 reunion 2 track ep

..... FUN , FUN , FUN !! THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS EVERYONE !!

It is always fun to see the Doc ranking system on display!

Turch, Ted, Kennyz, Dehumanizer is a distant 4th in the Dio era for me. It is great to see that so many enjoy this album, therefore, I do not want to criticize it in greater detail. We all have different tastes and preferences.

^^ Thanks for your reply, Sabman and that's very nice of you to want to limit your criticism of Dehumanizer here for that reason. Having different tastes and preferences is one thing we should all be able to agree on.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    It is always fun to see the Doc ranking system on display!

Turch, Ted, Kennyz, Dehumanizer is a distant 4th in the Dio era for me. It is great to see that so many enjoy this album, therefore, I do not want to criticize it in greater detail. We all have different tastes and preferences.
    Itís all a matter of taste brother. Ted is right. We all have different opinions but In The end we are all fans of this great band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turch, good to see you back.

Doc a blessed Father's Day to you and all the dads here on BSO, and most important of all God the father.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

OID , maestro , Ted , Sabman .... thanks for all the comments , love hearing (reading) them all!

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Turch, good to see you back.

Doc a blessed Father's Day to you and all the dads here on BSO, and most important of all God the father.
    OID doc and everyone at BSO hope you had a blessed fathers day \m/

DIO live during the DEHUMANIZER tour is outer worldly to the point of insanity .... what an over the top amazing talent.

Happy Dad's day to all you guys as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    DIO live during the DEHUMANIZER tour is outer worldly to the point of insanity .... what an over the top amazing talent.
    You're right, Doc. The whole band was on fire on that tour!

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    OID doc and everyone at BSO hope you had a blessed fathers day \m/
    Thank you Ronn, always good to see you back brother!

"Geezer Butler isn’t ruling out a one-off Black Sabbath reunion." - Amen Geez!

"Donald Trump’s use of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video this morning didn’t go over well with the former Black Sabbath frontman and his wife Sharon." - C'mon Oz your better than that .....

"Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler have admitted that they don’t listen to modern heavy metal." - After Sabbath who would?

"It's official, Black Sabbath Bridge is a landmark that exists in the city of Birmingham, the band's hometown, and the location of their final concert ever." - BOOM!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (06-29-2019)

"Geezer Butler isn’t ruling out a one-off Black Sabbath reunion." - Amen Geez!

"Donald Trump’s use of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video this morning didn’t go over well with the former Black Sabbath frontman and his wife Sharon." - C'mon Oz your better than that .....

"Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler have admitted that they don’t listen to modern heavy metal." - After Sabbath who would?

"It's official, Black Sabbath Bridge is a landmark that exists in the city of Birmingham, the band's hometown, and the location of their final concert ever." - BOOM!
    Doc, for the love of God, country and President Donald Trump, don’t make me hate the Ozzman and his beautiful wife!

Good one Doc, after listening to Sabbath who would want to listen to modern metal, love that!

Doc, do you have any links to the above posts you made, always love to read what you’ve linked up.

Hey, BACK TO EDEN, it's been some time.

A month ago, I've moved to a new house. How should I tell the guy? I don't remember the numbers @@
    Last edited by LouiST; 06-29-2019 at 10:59 PM.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Doc, for the love of God, country and President Donald Trump, don’t make me hate the Ozzman and his beautiful wife!

Good one Doc, after listening to Sabbath who would want to listen to modern metal, love that!

Doc, do you have any links to the above posts you made, always love to read what you’ve linked up.
    I'm right with ya my good man!!

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne denounced President Donald Trump’s unauthorized use of “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video the president posted mocking the 2020 Democratic primary candidates.

The video, posted Thursday morning, opens with footage of the technical difficulties that marred Wednesday’s first Democratic primary debate and pairs it with the intro to Osbourne’s 1980 hit. Eventually, the video fades to black and reemerges with footage of Trump walking up to a podium.

In a statement to Rolling Stone, the Osbournes said, “Based on this morning’s unauthorized use of Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Crazy Train,’ we are sending notice to the Trump campaign (or any other campaigns) that they are forbidden from using any of Ozzy Osbourne’s music in political ads or in any political campaigns. Ozzy’s music cannot be used for any means without approvals.”

The Osbournes also offered some alternative songs Trump could use, naming the smattering of musicians that have voiced their support for him. “In the meantime, we have a suggestion for Mr. Trump: perhaps he should reach out to some of his musician friends. Maybe Kayne West (‘Gold Digger’), Kid Rock (‘I Am the Bullgod’) or Ted Nugent (‘Stranglehold’) will allow use of their music.”

Sharon Osbourne notably appeared on Season Nine of Trump’s NBC reality show The Apprentice, though she has leveled plenty of criticism at him over his political ambitions. In a 2016 appearance on Conan following the first debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, Osbourne said she didn’t think Trump actually wanted to be president, while two years later she expressed her continued concerns in an interview with Larry King.

“It’s kind of fearful,” she said. “I know a lot of my friends are fearful. We kind of wake up every day and go, ‘What’s gonna happen now?’ You don’t feel secure that everything will be smooth and people are in control of what they should be in control of and running it professionally.”

Along with Ozzy Osbourne, an array of other musicians have sparred with Trump after he used their music. During the 2016 election, Queen criticized the then-candidate for using “We Are the Champions,” while R.E.M., Neil Young, Everlast and Aerosmith also spoke out after Trump used their music without permission.

BUNCH OF CLOWNS ..... Loving Ted!!

Quote Originally Posted by LouiST View Post
    Hey, BACK TO EDEN, it's been some time.

A month ago, I've moved to a new house. How should I tell the guy? I don't remember the numbers @@
    What's this mean my good brother .....

God Bless

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (07-07-2019)

I'm right with ya my good man!!

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne denounced President Donald Trump’s unauthorized use of “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video the president posted mocking the 2020 Democratic primary candidates.

The video, posted Thursday morning, opens with footage of the technical difficulties that marred Wednesday’s first Democratic primary debate and pairs it with the intro to Osbourne’s 1980 hit. Eventually, the video fades to black and reemerges with footage of Trump walking up to a podium.

In a statement to Rolling Stone, the Osbournes said, “Based on this morning’s unauthorized use of Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Crazy Train,’ we are sending notice to the Trump campaign (or any other campaigns) that they are forbidden from using any of Ozzy Osbourne’s music in political ads or in any political campaigns. Ozzy’s music cannot be used for any means without approvals.”

The Osbournes also offered some alternative songs Trump could use, naming the smattering of musicians that have voiced their support for him. “In the meantime, we have a suggestion for Mr. Trump: perhaps he should reach out to some of his musician friends. Maybe Kayne West (‘Gold Digger’), Kid Rock (‘I Am the Bullgod’) or Ted Nugent (‘Stranglehold’) will allow use of their music.”

Sharon Osbourne notably appeared on Season Nine of Trump’s NBC reality show The Apprentice, though she has leveled plenty of criticism at him over his political ambitions. In a 2016 appearance on Conan following the first debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, Osbourne said she didn’t think Trump actually wanted to be president, while two years later she expressed her continued concerns in an interview with Larry King.

“It’s kind of fearful,” she said. “I know a lot of my friends are fearful. We kind of wake up every day and go, ‘What’s gonna happen now?’ You don’t feel secure that everything will be smooth and people are in control of what they should be in control of and running it professionally.”

Along with Ozzy Osbourne, an array of other musicians have sparred with Trump after he used their music. During the 2016 election, Queen criticized the then-candidate for using “We Are the Champions,” while R.E.M., Neil Young, Everlast and Aerosmith also spoke out after Trump used their music without permission.

BUNCH OF CLOWNS ..... Loving Ted!!

Let her go back to England is all I can say Doc, love it or leave it, if you don't love it get the hell out! Plenty of planes leaving everyday!

Thanks for posting and hope you had a great 4th of July Doc, the Birthday of the greatest nation ever on the face of God's green Earth, together we will continue to make America great! Always enjoy reading your posts!

What's this mean my good brother .....

God Bless
    Quite a long story actually. I remember many years ago, you said there's a friend who's willing to give out Sabbath's for free. I wondered if it's true, so I got the phone number (maybe it's you who gave me the number? I can't remember. The old messages seem to have disappeared). And it's true! Someone does send me Sabbath albums. God bless him, man. And he didn't stop after that. Sometimes, he'd even send me some bootlegs.

Since I've relocated in May, I think maybe he's still gonna keep sending. But he has no idea I have moved, he'll send them to my old address. Since my family rented the place, I don't want to disturb the old landlord.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Quote Originally Posted by LouiST View Post
    Quite a long story actually. I remember many years ago, you said there's a friend who's willing to give out Sabbath's for free. I wondered if it's true, so I got the phone number (maybe it's you who gave me the number? I can't remember. The old messages seem to have disappeared). And it's true! Someone does send me Sabbath albums. God bless him, man. And he didn't stop after that. Sometimes, he'd even send me some bootlegs.

Since I've relocated in May, I think maybe he's still gonna keep sending. But he has no idea I have moved, he'll send them to my old address. Since my family rented the place, I don't want to disturb the old landlord.
    We got you covered brother on our end !! ..... and leave any new info in PM

NEW SABBATH VINYL SET!! With rare mono collection ....

Rolling Stone
    HOME
    MUSIC
    MUSIC NEWS
    Black Sabbath Prep ‘Vinyl Collection’ With Bonus Rarities
    Ozzy-era, vinyl-only collection will include album of mono mixes of their singles, including two that never came out

KORY GROW
    JULY 18, 2019 6:34PM EDT

Black Sabbath, 1970: Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler in , (Photo by Chris Walter/WireImage)
    Chris Walter/WireImage
    Black Sabbath wrote the book on heavy, and their first decade’s worth of albums represent the Old Testament in the book of metal. From the clanging opening chords of “Black Sabbath” and lumbering siren’s call of “War Pigs” to the demon’s cry of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” and proto-thrash riffs of “Symptom of the Universe,” the Iron Man laid the blueprint for the genre on their first eight albums.

Those LPs will now make up a new vinyl-only box set, The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978, which is due out September 6th. And because die-hard Sabbaholics likely already own the band’s canon, the group is including a reproduction of “Evil Woman” seven-inch (backed with “Wicked World”) and a new 12-inch compilation of their mono singles, dubbed Monomania (a pun off their Sabotage deep cut “Megalomania”), which includes two previously unreleased mixes. The set will be available only as a numbered collector’s edition, limited to 3,000 copies.

Related
    Black SabbathUK MUSIC HALL OF FAME, ALEXANDRA PALACE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 16 NOV 2005
    Flashback: Black Sabbath Play 'Paranoid' With Bill Ward For Last Time
    See Black Sabbath-Approved Cover Song by Armenian Folk Musicians
    The band played its final concert in Birmingham, England — where they had formed in 1968 — in 2017. After that, they did one last jam session privately, which they filmed for a DVD release. “It was so weird saying goodbye after the sessions,” Iommi told Rolling Stone that year. “Nobody really knew what to say to each other. It was a bit embarrassing really. I think we just sort of said, ‘All right, I’m going.'”

That same year, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich named the band’s Sabotage LP as his favorite from the band, in a list he made of his favorite metal albums for Rolling Stone, and explained why he liked that one more than the others. “The first Sabbath record I got was the one before this one, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,” he said. “[But Sabotage] had a little bit more of what I would call an up-tempo energy than some of the other albums, so that’s probably also part of the reason that it’s my favorite. Obviously their sound got a little more advanced as it went on. There’s a simplicity to some of the earlier records, that I’m appreciative of, but sonically, Sabotage is the best-sounding record.”

The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978 contents:

Black Sabbath (1970)
    Paranoid (1971)
    Master of Reality (1971)
    Vol. 4 (1972)
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974)
    Sabotage (1975)
    Technical Ecstasy (1976)
    Never Say Die! (1978)

Monomania track list:

Side One

1. “Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
    2. “Wicked World”
    3. “The Wizard”
    4. “Iron Man” (Edited Version)

Side Two

1. “Paranoid”
    2. “Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
    3. “Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
    4. “It’s Alright”
    5. Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

* previously unreleased in North America
    ** previously unreleased

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (07-19-2019)

Black Sabbath (1970)
    Paranoid (1971)
    Master of Reality (1971)
    Vol. 4 (1972)
    Sabotage (1975)
    Technical Ecstasy (1976)
    Never Say Die! (1978)

Monomania track list:

Side One

2. “Wicked World”
    3. “The Wizard”

Side Two

1. “Paranoid”
    4. “It’s Alright”

** previously unreleased

^^ doc do I need this? why limited to 3,000? is evil woman MONO and into the void EDIT that rare? what is RADIO SPOT?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (07-19-2019)

We got you covered brother on our end !! ..... and leave any new info in PM

NEW SABBATH VINYL SET!! With rare mono collection ....

Rolling Stone
    HOME
    MUSIC
    MUSIC NEWS
    Black Sabbath Prep ‘Vinyl Collection’ With Bonus Rarities
    Ozzy-era, vinyl-only collection will include album of mono mixes of their singles, including two that never came out

KORY GROW
    JULY 18, 2019 6:34PM EDT

Black Sabbath, 1970: Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler in , (Photo by Chris Walter/WireImage)
    Chris Walter/WireImage
    Black Sabbath wrote the book on heavy, and their first decade’s worth of albums represent the Old Testament in the book of metal. From the clanging opening chords of “Black Sabbath” and lumbering siren’s call of “War Pigs” to the demon’s cry of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” and proto-thrash riffs of “Symptom of the Universe,” the Iron Man laid the blueprint for the genre on their first eight albums.

Those LPs will now make up a new vinyl-only box set, The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978, which is due out September 6th. And because die-hard Sabbaholics likely already own the band’s canon, the group is including a reproduction of “Evil Woman” seven-inch (backed with “Wicked World”) and a new 12-inch compilation of their mono singles, dubbed Monomania (a pun off their Sabotage deep cut “Megalomania”), which includes two previously unreleased mixes. The set will be available only as a numbered collector’s edition, limited to 3,000 copies.

Related
    Black SabbathUK MUSIC HALL OF FAME, ALEXANDRA PALACE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 16 NOV 2005
    Flashback: Black Sabbath Play 'Paranoid' With Bill Ward For Last Time
    See Black Sabbath-Approved Cover Song by Armenian Folk Musicians
    The band played its final concert in Birmingham, England — where they had formed in 1968 — in 2017. After that, they did one last jam session privately, which they filmed for a DVD release. “It was so weird saying goodbye after the sessions,” Iommi told Rolling Stone that year. “Nobody really knew what to say to each other. It was a bit embarrassing really. I think we just sort of said, ‘All right, I’m going.'”

That same year, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich named the band’s Sabotage LP as his favorite from the band, in a list he made of his favorite metal albums for Rolling Stone, and explained why he liked that one more than the others. “The first Sabbath record I got was the one before this one, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,” he said. “[But Sabotage] had a little bit more of what I would call an up-tempo energy than some of the other albums, so that’s probably also part of the reason that it’s my favorite. Obviously their sound got a little more advanced as it went on. There’s a simplicity to some of the earlier records, that I’m appreciative of, but sonically, Sabotage is the best-sounding record.”

Black Sabbath (1970)
    Paranoid (1971)
    Master of Reality (1971)
    Vol. 4 (1972)
    Sabotage (1975)
    Technical Ecstasy (1976)
    Never Say Die! (1978)

Monomania track list:

Side One

2. “Wicked World”
    3. “The Wizard”

Side Two

1. “Paranoid”
    4. “It’s Alright”

** previously unreleased
    Doc any preorder links for this? I need this and thank you for the info!

Doc I don’t see preorder links online, please secure me a copy of this box set, I will be calling you today.

Hey Ronn,

The radio spot would possibly be a short radio ad promoting the album, possibly with a short clip or two from the album. Don't know which specific spot it is though.

Doc I don’t see preorder links online, please secure me a copy of this box set, I will be calling you today.
    You nailed yourself down a beautiful copy brother! kudos!

@SWEET , good to see you brother !

You nailed yourself down a beautiful copy brother! kudos!
    Can't wait to get it! Doc per our conversation about the mono songs on this box set, will it possible to get them recorded on CD?

Doc, good to see your flurry of activity, you Beatles maniac!
    Do you know if any further Sabbath releases are in the works after the latest vinyl set?

OID, 10,000, congratulations on reaching this milestone!

\m/ \m/ \m/

Thanks for the heads up and the link, Doc.

What about this show they supposedly played at the Marquee Club on March 13, 1969?

Here is a screenshot from the old official Marquee Club website (now at archive.org) and the Marquee Club March 1969 flyer. Earth played on the 11th with the other Big Bear artists and then opened for Terry Reid on the 13th.

I have read in interviews (I know that's vague, I don't have any in front of me to include as sources) that the band wanted to change their name to Black Sabbath earlier than they did but that Jim Simpson talked them out of it. Did they possibly book this show under that name as a test?

Also, what about this ad from the February 1st, 1969 Melody Maker for the Dave Robson Agency... representing Black Sabbath? Is this another band with that name or another possible early attempt at using the name?

I have also seen 2 ads for a show at The Bay Hotel in Sunderland with Van der Graaf Generator and John Peel that is attributed to March 3, 1969. Both ads I have only seen on the internet not in the papers they came from, so I am a bit suspicious about that date and I have not included them here.

So was the Pokey Hole truly the first show they played as Black Sabbath?

So was the Pokey Hole truly the first show they played as Black Sabbath?

..... No it was absolutely NOT.

Roller , you are one of the most astute Sabbath aficionados in the world today.

50 years to the day, wow!