Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,640 of 4291

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    One question for mike....
    Damaged soul, I feel it is too much of a good track to not be rehearsed and practised! Is the way this song was recorded really true?
    It was born out of the band jamming. Rick asked the band to jam around some ideas. They picked some great parts and then just went with it. It was pretty much performed as it sounds but it is cut down from a longer performance. They really did sound unbelievable when they went into long blues jams. We all looked at each other and agreed that none of the newer metal bands could even contemplate doing this kind of exercise

Thanks mike, that track seems to be every sab fans fav too!
    God bless you mike and thankyou so fking much bud!
    13 is ace!!!'!!'
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Quote Originally Posted by mike.x View Post
    It was born out of the band jamming. Rick asked the band to jam around some ideas. They picked some great parts and then just went with it. It was pretty much performed as it sounds but it is cut down from a longer performance. They really did sound unbelievable when they went into long blues jams. We all looked at each other and agreed that none of the newer metal bands could even contemplate doing this kind of exercise
    The album sounds excellent Mike, I'm really glad they brought Rick in. His work with Trouble's S/T album and Manic Frustration really convinced me that he knows that kind of sound. Congrats to you and everyone involved!

Thanks for the input as always Mike. The record is everything a Sabbath fan could want. Were the lyrics for Damaged Soul off of the top of Ozzy's head and then conceived on the spot?
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Love the album (but they was no chance I wouldn't). Damaged Soul is Amazing.
    People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Damn iPad keeps logging me out!!!!

Thanks mate. I must stress again that Andrew Scheps mixed the record - we did communicate heavily each day toward the end of the process to get it finished to everyone's satisfaction. He is a gentleman and a true professional.

Back at the beginning of 2011 I wasn't sure what my overall involvement would be. Rick would surely want his own people.... ditto Ozzy. I was honoured to go out and work at Ozzy's for a month and we got on like a house of fire. Over the 18 months that followed I was really happy to help the band explore all the creative options and be there for them as the guy that facilitated the writing and arranging sessions with them. I got to interact with Rick quite a bit during the final preproduction sessions and it was a blast for me. His enthusiasm was child like and contagious. His suggestion to use Brad was left field but spot on!

When the recording commenced in anger Rick brought Greg Fidelman as lead engineer and I became one of the larger team. It was a wonderful time for me and I was proud to have been there for my mates. Especially I was proud to collect and deliver back home safely Tony each day when we were staying in Santa Monica and travelling to Malibu. He and I have been through some very special times over the last few years and I am so pleased he wanted me to be involved in this record. His encouragement, and the opportunities he has given me have been a huge part of my career.

I am very proud of this record. I think it is something that will be looked back on as a very important one. I'm also proud to have had the opportunity to work with the original 4 together even though it ultimately didn't come to fruition.

Cheers
    Thanks so much for everything you and the boys did to make this thing happen. Record is absolutely fantastic, and IMO, stands very nicely with the Big 6.

Question Mike, since you're involved in the creative process and hear the songs as they're evolving are you able to listen to the final album as a fan would or is it different for you? Do you find yourself wishing certain songs were done differently as you would have been privy to different ideas/mixes etc. This goes in general terms for all the music you've worked on not just this album in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    One question for mike....
    Damaged soul, I feel it is too much of a good track to not be rehearsed and practised! Is the way this song was recorded really true?
    About a week ago I was in a bookstore and I saw Geezer on the cover on Bass Player magazine so I read the article. One of the questions was what are your favorites songs on 13? Geezer said "God is Dead? and "Damaged Soul because I don't remember recording that one".

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Enough babbling guys, Sabbath live on Youtube NOW!!!
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Great job Mike X!! Give Tony our love. My heart goes out to him. To record such an amazing album while battling cancer? He truly is the Iron Man!!
    Dan
    In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Livestream is happening! I was a backup, but unfortunately, did not make the cut :(

Into The Void from the Birmingham concert!

Brad has mentioned Bill. Really cool.
    Last edited by ZepHead; 06-11-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepHead View Post
    Into The Void from the Birmingham concert!
    They NEED to release that whole gig. Would be awesome. Wheels of Confusion!

Watching that. Glad to see Lil Jimmy get to host his idols.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo9286 View Post
    They NEED to release that whole gig. Would be awesome. Wheels of Confusion!
    I think they need to release one of the Australian shows.

I just realized the short videos they were posting back in Winter were all snippets of this one big documentary.
    Last edited by ZepHead; 06-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Wasn't planning on it, but Best Buy dropped the ball and my preorder of the discs+shirt wont show up until tomorrow so I went to my local record store and bought the vinyl. I wasn't going to *not* have 13 the day it is released and the $18.99 price tag helped the convincing process

Very cool that Geezer apparently didn't think that Damaged Soul and Zeitgeist would even end up on the album and Damaged Soul seems like the overall fan favorite while I haven't heard anyone say anything but positive things about Zeitgeist as well.

I think they need to release one of the Australian shows.

I just realized the short videos they were posting back in Winter were all snippets of this one big documentary.
    Yes. They're also the Extras on the DVD. At least I think, I didn't actually play them once I recognized the names.

New footage again!

New footage again!
    Nice lip syncing :/
    These times are heavy / And you're all alone / The battle's over, but the war goes on / Politics, religion, love of money too / It's what the world was built for / But not for me and you, oh yeah!

Tony Iommi miming a solo doesn't look right.

This entire thing is so cool. I hope the questions won't be wasted.

Ozzy is forgetting that he should be speaking into the microphone
    Last edited by ZepHead; 06-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Did Geez just tell someone to shut up?
    These times are heavy / And you're all alone / The battle's over, but the war goes on / Politics, religion, love of money too / It's what the world was built for / But not for me and you, oh yeah!

Ozzy told the host to shut the fuck up. That's a good idea.

Ozzy told the host to shut the fuck up. That's a good idea.
    Was awesome. And lol @ Ozzy talking about Sharon's lack of word mincing.

They mentioned Led Zeppelin.
    Last edited by ZepHead; 06-11-2013 at 07:32 PM.

"Of course i'm doing another album. I'm back." - Ozzy fucking Osbourne

Also, I'm still bitter the livestream folks didn't call me back :(.

Ozzy Osbourne: "Of course I'm going to do another Black Sabbath album, I'm back!"

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Sounds like they're going to record another album.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheSun View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne: "Of course I'm going to do another Black Sabbath album, I'm back!"
    Did I just hear this right or what?!

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Yup! Hopefully it's more than just crowd appeasement.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Did I just hear this right or what?!
    Yes. Your version is more accurate than mine, I was squealing like a child when he said it so I had a momentary lapse of memory.

My jaw hit the fuckin floor when he said that. Bring it on.

So he says Ozzy is out of tune...... guess that means that there truely was no Auto tune involved LOL

fuck yes! 13 is currently #1 in 50 countries! :D

Is there a replay of that on YouTube I missed some of it while putting the kids to bed.

The church's been having a go at us so it was our chance to get back
    Classic Geezer
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

I want to know if there is a reply of the youtube vid. did they stream the whole documentary ? i want to watch it !

Quote Originally Posted by drian View Post
    I want to know if there is a reply of the youtube vid. did they stream the whole documentary ? i want to watch it !
    Don't know if there's a replay, but yes, it was the whole doc.

There was one question missing, though: "Why isn't Brad doing the tour?"