Default New BBC Interview With Tony

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-23063562

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Another interview where they say sabbath plan new album with hopes for reunion with Bill Ward.
    http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...4653&gt1=28102

Full interview is up now ...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG7jsi568A&hd=1

Yeah I wanted to slap the guy giving the interview right in the face!!!
    What a dick !!!
    Fuck him.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Quote Originally Posted by geezerbutler View Post
    Full interview is up now ...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG7jsi568A&hd=1
    Thanks, yea that guy was a puppet prick. They had an agenda and it fell flat.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

That interview was annoying first then depressing second. That dude was basically like so you wrote all this horrible music that negatively influenced people and now look your dying of cancer. Whatta fuckin weesle worm prick that knows shit about reality. Tony's a fighter so no matter when he goes it won't be without a fight! Perform less & record more, I say! I bet it'd keep him in good spirits!

Fucken Hell!... That opening with all the graphics & the bland "newsy music" was too fucking long it was like almost a full 60 seconds... cut that shit... 10 seconds, one digital swoosh with the numbers, give me the name of the show & get on with it!...This proves they're absolute narcissists, just full of themselves; up their own assholes...

Anyway, I get all the harsh responses here, but does anyone expect less from this type of show? I mean it's not like the interviewer was from Metal Hammer magazine. I mean how often are musicians on this show? And of that how many are hard rock or metal musicians? Or is this the first for that guy? Hmm maybe he's had Angus Young on.. maybe ?

I don't think his questions were unreasonable for the type of show it is. I would expect that type of questioning.. I just wish Tony had stated that Geezers lyrics connect with those who feel disconnected from traditional society. Furthermore, he should have pointed out the woman who killed herself probably would have killed herself despite Paranoid. It seemed Tony was caught off guard by the question. But this is how a lot of people see things. Obviously whatever the suicidal person was doing last, must have influenced the suicide.. Lets not look deeper into the problem, Nooooo. Lets go ahead and overlook that maybe there was emotional distress, abusive upbringing, psychosis, schitzophrenia.. Gee lets not exaime why such a person in a fragile state of mind was left ALONE long enough to kill themselves.. no.. it must have been that record.. yep! or maybe the peanut butter sandwich she ate earlier.. Uh huh!

We have tons of shows like this in the states.. The interviewer's perspective is that of probably serious hardcore traditional values. So pranks on Bill, or drug use aren't going to be seen as mischievous fun.. this is firstly (to the interviewer) irresponsible degenerative behavior. Im not sure why Tony went on such a show. But I don't think Tony did a bad job. I just wish he'd defended himself a little better. Obviously getting a #1 album put Tony on the shows radar. But this show is like Iommi being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey... I wouldn't doubt the host wears the same type of undies as Oprah anyway..
    Last edited by devstorm; 06-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Quote Originally Posted by devstorm View Post
    I wouldn't doubt the host wears the same type of undies as Oprah anyway..
    lol
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

A couple of observations.....when I had the opportunity to spend some time with Jimmy Page, I found him to be the epitome of a true gentleman, and I was amazed at how considerate he was. After watching this interview with Tony, I felt much the same way........that Tony is also an incredible gentleman, possibly to a fault, in this case.

The interviewer was an idiot, but where Tony went wrong was acting as though he was apologetic for actions of the past. He should have chuckled, acknowledged that they did crazy things as kids, and then moved on. Goodness me, we are all lucky to be alive when you consider the crap we did as kids and teens. Nobody should still have to atone for silly things they did over 4 decades ago.

Anyway, by maintaining his composure, and by being a true gentleman, anyone watching would come away respecting Tony, and hating the interviewer.

Tony: 1
    Hardtalk: 0
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Overall I'd say there are two good things abuot the interview. First, the introduction by the interviewer. Second, the details mentioned by Tony other than the suicide/drugs/prank things. Wait how much details are left?!
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

If you do a show called Hard Talk you have to be a dick. Its probalike the UKs Oreilly Factor. All bullshit for conservative assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    If you do a show called Hard Talk you have to be a dick. Its probalike the UKs Oreilly Factor. All bullshit for conservative assholes.
    O Reilly factor is a comedy.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Just watching the interview now... I guess as Black Sabbath fans, almost everything in the interview is old news for folks like us, but you have to assume that most regular viewers of the programme aren't serious fans. But yeah, I'm surprised how inane some of the questions are. I'm not actually sure who here in the UK watches the BBC News channel (I get all the news I need from BBC Radio 4), it's the kind of TV channel that's good if you're away from home and it's the only English-language channel on the hotel room TV, but there's plenty of good news coverage on all the other BBC TV and radio channels. The BBC has a reputation for being quite liberal and left-leaning, especially amongst conservatives, but this did come across as Tony trying to explain and justify a whole genre of music and lifestyle to people who would have absolutely no understanding of it, in twenty minutes.

A wasted opportunity for all parties.
    Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...