Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 446
  1. #81
    Spiralarchitectx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    It's alright
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

  2. #82
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    It's alright
    I'll be buying this album.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I'll be buying this album.
    I've listed to Redeemer of Souls 4 times and it gets better every time. It sort of has a british anthem sound. It will be a good album

  4. #84

    Default

    Not bad, but it and the other songs on the new album deserve a thorough listen.

  5. #85

    Default

    Just listened to Eddie Trunk interview Glenn, Rob and Richie...

    Mike Exeter produced Redeemer of Souls.

    I hope the mastering isn't brickwalled!!!!

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    Just listened to Eddie Trunk interview Glenn, Rob and Richie...

    Mike Exeter produced Redeemer of Souls.

    I hope the mastering isn't brickwalled!!!!
    Mike has done some great job with Tony over the years(minus 13 ofcourse but that was Rubin's ruination not Mike's)...I'm sure he'll do a great job here as well...I don't think he's ever had a brickwall sound.

  7. #87
    Spiralarchitectx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    This song does get better with more listens through, a little more light and shade would of been good though.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

  8. #88

    Default

    I just bought the March of the Damned MP3 from amazon.

    March of the Damned is very much like Metal Gods... almost too much.

    Here's the official You Tube version

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhm2vZFj2k

    Most Judas Priest fans will like it.... 7/10

    I hope Halford didn't use up the last of his unique one of kind Judas Priest vocals on his Made of Metal solo album. On these 2 new Judas Priest songs, the melody lines are good but any good singer would sound about the same.
    Last edited by thewizard; 05-19-2014 at 01:52 PM.

  9. #89
    deranged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I just got Angel of Retribution real cheap on Amazon - the shipping was more than the CD. Listening to it now and I like it a lot (I had only heard a few tunes from it when it was new). Are the Ripper albums worth getting?

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    Are the Ripper albums worth getting?
    No I don't think so... There is way too many sound effect intros on Jugulator and Tim Owens sounds like RJD on at least one Demolition song. Tim Owens doesn't sound a bit like Rob Halford and I think it was a huge mistake for Judas Priest to hire Tim Owens when there are so many better singers.

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    I just got Angel of Retribution real cheap on Amazon - the shipping was more than the CD. Listening to it now and I like it a lot (I had only heard a few tunes from it when it was new). Are the Ripper albums worth getting?
    IF you think of them as something other than Priest they can have their moments. They certainly don't compare to any Priest with Rob . Or any Rob solo besides , maybe, 2wo, and that godawful X-mas album Rob made.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  12. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    Are the Ripper albums worth getting?
    Absolutely! Jugulator is a suberb album! Incredibly heavy and almost doomy at times...but it is very different from the previous albums. Demolition is bit more traditional album but it has some amazing tracks too, and it contains the best ballad Priest has ever done, Lost & Found.

    I'd recommend the Live '98 Meltdown album...that gives a pretty good impression on how incredible Tim really is.

    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    No I don't think so... There is way too many sound effect intros on Jugulator and Tim Owens sounds like RJD on at least one Demolition song. Tim Owens doesn't sound a bit like Rob Halford and I think it was a huge mistake for Judas Priest to hire Tim Owens when there are so many better singers.
    Well there might have been a singer that would have sounded more like Halford for sure, but why would they wanted a Halford clone to begin with since they were changing their sound? But a better singer? That's impossible...since Ronnie wasn't available.

  13. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Absolutely! Jugulator is a suberb album! Incredibly heavy and almost doomy at times...but it is very different from the previous albums. Demolition is bit more traditional album but it has some amazing tracks too, and it contains the best ballad Priest has ever done, Lost & Found.

    I'd recommend the Live '98 Meltdown album...that gives a pretty good impression on how incredible Tim really is.



    Well there might have been a singer that would have sounded more like Halford for sure, but why would they wanted a Halford clone to begin with since they were changing their sound? But a better singer? That's impossible...since Ronnie wasn't available.
    Best Ballad Priest has ever done? "Lost and Found"? I think it's one of the cheesiest ballads Priest has ever done. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that most Priest fans out there will agree when I say "Lost and Found" is no "Before The Dawn" or "Night Comes Down" . I'm a long term die hard Priest fan and I can safely say I haven't listened to those Ripper albums in years. I think I'll spin one today.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Best Ballad Priest has ever done? "Lost and Found"? I think it's one of the cheesiest ballads Priest has ever done. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that most Priest fans out there will agree when I say "Lost and Found" is no "Before The Dawn" or "Night Comes Down" . I'm a long term die hard Priest fan and I can safely say I haven't listened to those Ripper albums in years. I think I'll spin one today.
    I hate Before The Dawn... Night Comes Down is awesome though...but it's not really a ballad at all...it's more of a mid tempo song...

  15. #95

    Default

    The two new tracks are as mundane and dull as can be...hopefullu rest of the album is better. A LOT better.

    My two cents on the Ripper era: it's much like the Martin era of Sabbath IMO. Decent music, but a far cry from the glory days of the band. And 'Ripper' just isn't that interesting of a vocalist. He has a great technique and control over his voice, but his tone itself is too shouty and tight for my liking.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Well there might have been a singer that would have sounded more like Halford for sure, but why would they wanted a Halford clone to begin with since they were changing their sound? But a better singer? That's impossible...since Ronnie wasn't available.
    Tim Owens is #2 on your list of best singers?...lol

    I wouldn't expect or want Judas Priest to hire a Halford clone ("There's only 1 Elvis") but I know Judas Priest could have hired a better singer with more talent than Tim Owens. Tim Owens came from Winter's Bane and a Judas Priest tribute band and he now playing in a RJD tribute band. He sounds more like Dio (the same on every song) compared to Halford (different and unique on almost every song).

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    Tim Owens is #2 on your list of best singers?...lol

    I wouldn't expect or want Judas Priest to hire a Halford clone ("There's only 1 Elvis") but I know Judas Priest could have hired a better singer with more talent than Tim Owens. Tim Owens came from Winter's Bane and a Judas Priest tribute band and he now playing in a RJD tribute band. He sounds more like Dio (the same on every song) compared to Halford (different and unique on almost every song).
    Hahaha...well...I don't even know what to say to that...very few things said are further from the truth than all of that....So I'll just leave this alone and let's just agree to disagree and move on.

  18. #98
    deranged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI
    Posts
    233

    Default

    [QUOTE=Charger;365544]Absolutely! Jugulator is a suberb album! Incredibly heavy and almost doomy at times...but it is very different from the previous albums. Demolition is bit more traditional album but it has some amazing tracks too, and it contains the best ballad Priest has ever done, Lost & Found.

    I'd recommend the Live '98 Meltdown album...that gives a pretty good impression on how incredible Tim really is.



    Thanks Charger - I checked out Jugulator on youtube - good stuff. On a side note, I picked up some Iced Earth you recommended on another thread. Thanks man - you're my go to guy for metal I haven't yet checked out.

  19. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I hate Before The Dawn... Night Comes Down is awesome though...but it's not really a ballad at all...it's more of a mid tempo song...
    It's a ballad. Rock Hard Ride Free is a mid tempo song. I'd say out of all the Priest ballads that Lost and Found was the worst But Angel actually has that beat. I've got to say that the lyrics on Jugulator and Demolitin are some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard, especially when compared to the earlier Priest stuff. I saw Ripper live btw, on the Demo tour. He has gotta be the LOUDEST mutherfucker I have ever heard. He doesn't have one tenth of the power, versatility, range or stage presence that Rob had when he was his age.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  20. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deranged View Post
    Thanks Charger - I checked out Jugulator on youtube - good stuff. On a side note, I picked up some Iced Earth you recommended on another thread. Thanks man - you're my go to guy for metal I haven't yet checked out.
    Well I'm glad I could be of assistance! Looks like we have rather similar taste then....That's great! Glad you enjoyed the IE stuff!

  21. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Best Ballad Priest has ever done? "Lost and Found"? I think it's one of the cheesiest ballads Priest has ever done. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that most Priest fans out there will agree when I say "Lost and Found" is no "Before The Dawn" or "Night Comes Down" . I'm a long term die hard Priest fan and I can safely say I haven't listened to those Ripper albums in years. I think I'll spin one today.
    I'll back you up on that, Lost and Found dosent come anywhere near BTD & NCD, even Angel leaves it for dead. Dreamer Deciever and Here Come The Tears are better than any of them though.

  22. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I'll be buying this album.
    I seriously think you should hear the first two Halford solo albums.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  23. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
    The two new tracks are as mundane and dull as can be...hopefullu rest of the album is better. A LOT better.
    Just listened March Of The Damned for the first time and good lord it's awful. Not quite as awful as the title track but god...bad...Rob's vocals sound really tired, like he's not even trying, the riffing is subpar, the whole song sounds like it's just going through the motions...

    Where's the classic Priest sound? Was KK really that responsible for the band's sound? If the rest of the tracks are of this quality there is absolutely no way this will ever match up to Nostradamus let alone some of the classics...hell even Rob's rather bland solo albums might just be better than this one....
    Maybe they just should have retired all together....

  24. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

    Just listened March Of The Damned for the first time and good lord it's awful. Not quite as awful as the title track but god...bad...Rob's vocals sound really tired, like he's not even trying, the riffing is subpar, the whole song sounds like it's just going through the motions...

    Where's the classic Priest sound? Was KK really that responsible for the band's sound? If the rest of the tracks are of this quality there is absolutely no way this will ever match up to Nostradamus let alone some of the classics...hell even Rob's rather bland solo albums might just be better than this one....
    Maybe they just should have retired all together....
    The Crucible is rather bland? Have you even heard it? Don't think I didnt notice that last comment was directed at me. I can prove to anyone here with just the slightest bit of musical discerment that Rob's first two solo albums not only Destroy the Ripper albums ..they also are far better than any Priest that came after....Lost an found.....puhleeze......
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  25. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    The Crucible is rather bland? Have you even heard it? Don't think I didnt notice that last comment was directed at me. I can prove to anyone here with just the slightest bit of musical discerment that Rob's first two solo albums not only Destroy the Ripper albums ..they also are far better than any Priest that came after....Lost an found.....puhleeze......
    I didn't direct anything to anyone. I just said how I felt. And I'll take the two Ripper era albums over Rob's solo work any day...Sure there are some good tracks on Resurrection and Crucible but overrall they're just bland...Rob trying to be Judas Priest on his own, which he most certainly is NOT!

    And "proving" to someone that your opinion is the only right one is not only impossible but egotistic and extremely insulting....and I thought such behaviour would be beneath you.

  26. #106

    Default

    I am obviously a huge Priest fan, and I never felt the need to listen Robīs solo stuff.

    Because of that, I "discovered" Resurrection and Crucible pretty late.

    That was a HUGE mistake. Those two albums are two of my all time favorites! They kick ass so many ways!

  27. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    The Crucible is rather bland? Have you even heard it? Don't think I didnt notice that last comment was directed at me. I can prove to anyone here with just the slightest bit of musical discerment that Rob's first two solo albums not only Destroy the Ripper albums ..they also are far better than any Priest that came after....Lost an found.....puhleeze......
    He probably came to that conclusion the same way he did ROS & MOTD by listening to each song once on a PC through shitty tinny PC speakers or worser still through a phone or iPad speaker, like most of the kids do these days.
    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 05-30-2014 at 12:23 AM.

  28. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I didn't direct anything to anyone. I just said how I felt. And I'll take the two Ripper era albums over Rob's solo work any day...Sure there are some good tracks on Resurrection and Crucible but overrall they're just bland...Rob trying to be Judas Priest on his own, which he most certainly is NOT!

    And "proving" to someone that your opinion is the only right one is not only impossible but egotistic and extremely insulting....and I thought such behaviour would be beneath you.
    Egotistic? I'll be the first to tell you I have better taste in music than a LOT of people I meet online. I've been buying music since I was 10 in 1983 and I have amassed quite the collection of Rock and Roll. I didn't get heavily into Priest until '93 but I think I can safely assume I've been into them a bit longer than many. I have a pretty decent collection of all things Halford and Priest including many bootlegs and that Live Metal Meltdon '98 karaoke cd. The only official release I have disregarded is "Live In London on cd, I got the DvD. I am sorry if I have insulted you extremely , like I said before, I have been a Rock and Roller for over 30 years and sometimes I mistakenly assume that us rocker types are a tough breed. I forget sometimes that subsequent generations are a Lot softer than the one came from. I was just mildly irritated by your lame dismissal of Rob's solo masterpieces and felt like putting my two cents in the only way I know how.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  29. #109
    Spiralarchitectx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Egotistic? I'll be the first to tell you I have better taste in music than a LOT of people I meet online. I've been buying music since I was 10 in 1983 and I have amassed quite the collection of Rock and Roll. I didn't get heavily into Priest until '93 but I think I can safely assume I've been into them a bit longer than many. I have a pretty decent collection of all things Halford and Priest including many bootlegs and that Live Metal Meltdon '98 karaoke cd. The only official release I have disregarded is "Live In London on cd, I got the DvD. I am sorry if I have insulted you extremely , like I said before, I have been a Rock and Roller for over 30 years and sometimes I mistakenly assume that us rocker types are a tough breed. I forget sometimes that subsequent generations are a Lot softer than the one came from. I was just mildly irritated by your lame dismissal of Rob's solo masterpieces and felt like putting my two cents in the only way I know how.
    ,


    Nothing really matters....
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

  30. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    ,


    Nothing really matters....
    Well, I listened to Jugulator yesterday and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. , brought back memories as well.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  31. #111

    Default

    Resurrection - Rob Halford sings Heavy Metal again. Very Judas Priest like

    Crucible - songs are heavy but Rob's vocal's are some of the simplest blandest phone it in vocal's he has ever done. (vocals remind me of Fight's A small deadly space) Any singer who knows how to sing could sing more than half of Crucible's songs and sound just like Rob Halford.

    Made of Metal - a very Judas Priest like sounding album... especially Halford's vocals!!! He sounds different and unique and awesome on every song!!!!

    Angel of Retribution - Good Diverse Judas Priest album. 1st song should have been Hellrider... the intro fades in like a heavier version of The Hellion and then Hellrider begins "Here we are - God's of Steel"

    Nostradamus - Lots of good songs - too many filler intros - could have had better production and guitar tone.
    I miss the 80's when they recorded on tape with engineer Louis Austin and producer Tom Allom (who engineered Black Sabbath's first 3 albums)

    Jugulator and Demolition - I don't like Tim Owens vocals at all ... for any band he sings for. And Glenn and KK abandoned all their legendary harmony and dual guitar solos. There aren't any memorable guitar solos on either album and if there is ... tell me and I'll give it another listen.

  32. #112
    mikesline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    i seen then in 1979 at the starwood my older brother took a cassette player (remember the old square kind they used in school ?) and recorded the show ,also screaming tour-us fest and defenders-long beach, never really got into anything from 85-to now,the old stuff is all i really get into.

  33. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    He probably came to that conclusion the same way he did ROS & MOTD by listening to each song once on a PC through shitty tinny PC speakers or worser still through a phone or iPad speaker, like most of the kids do these days.
    What the hell are you on about??? First of all calling me a kid??? That kind of an insult is totally uncalled for. When have I ever made a personal attack towards you???

    Second yes I do listen through computer which is connected to a proper old shcool sound system with a proper amp and speakers....and everyone here should know how I feel about mp3s so making such an assumption is not only laughable but insulting as well.



    I do have to say....I am beginning to agree with Joe that maybe he really should just scrap these forums since all that happens here nowadays is people attacking other people on a personal level on so many ways....most of these new members seem to be here only to insult other people or trying to cause a fight or downright cyberbullying...these surely are not the forums I joined back in 2004 anymore.

  34. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Just listened March Of The Damned for the first time and good lord it's awful. Not quite as awful as the title track but god...bad...Rob's vocals sound really tired, like he's not even trying, the riffing is subpar, the whole song sounds like it's just going through the motions...

    Where's the classic Priest sound?
    We've had our numerous disagreements but I've got to agree with you 100% on March of the Damned... Halford's vocals almost sound out of key. He needs to raise his vocals an octive or sing a better melody line or add some harmony overdubs to his vocal tracks to make him stand out better (he sounds low in the mix too). There are climatic peaks in the song that could've been much better recorded. Scott Travis sounds like he's bored playing the drums too. What were they thinking?

  35. #115
    Cosmiceddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I consider Halford's 'Resurrection' album to be better than any Priest and any Sabbath album.

  36. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    What the hell are you on about??? First of all calling me a kid??? That kind of an insult is totally uncalled for. When have I ever made a personal attack towards you???

    Second yes I do listen through computer which is connected to a proper old shcool sound system with a proper amp and speakers....and everyone here should know how I feel about mp3s so making such an assumption is not only laughable but insulting as well.



    I do have to say....I am beginning to agree with Joe that maybe he really should just scrap these forums since all that happens here nowadays is people attacking other people on a personal level on so many ways....most of these new members seem to be here only to insult other people or trying to cause a fight or downright cyberbullying...these surely are not the forums I joined back in 2004 anymore.
    Firstly, Jeez! Get over yourself. Talk about over sensitive. I wasn't calling you a kid directly but merely likening to how incredibly dismissive you were of the new Judas Priest album on hearing two songs out of 18, much in the same way the mostly pc music listening kids are these days.

    Second, Redeemer Of Souls might not be 'this' or 'that' when we finally get to hear it in full, but by fuck it will deserve more than the "maybe they should have just retired alltogether" summation you've already come up with. There's a little bit more to the album having been conceived, written, played, recorded, pressed and soon to be sold & toured upon, if you were to think about it, really.

    Also, you've dished out your fair share of insults over the journey and at times seemingly just been trying to stir shit with your repetitive negativity on certain topics, so I don't think you're in any position to be calling others else out on that.

  37. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    Resurrection - Rob Halford sings Heavy Metal again. Very Judas Priest like

    Crucible - songs are heavy but Rob's vocal's are some of the simplest blandest phone it in vocal's he has ever done. (vocals remind me of Fight's A small deadly space) Any singer who knows how to sing could sing more than half of Crucible's songs and sound just like Rob Halford.
    Simple bland phone it in lyrics? How many times have you listened to this album? Have you even heard "Sun" "Hearts Of Darkness" "Handing Out Bullets" or the title track? If you want simple Priest by numbers type stuff you got Angel Of Retribution as a go to album for sure. I agree with a lot of what you said about Nostradamus at least. I enjoy Made Of Metal as well although most fans despise it. I think I like the Ripper albums a little bit more than you do even though Rob does Priest on his own 1000 times better than Priest does without Rob. I hope this post is fits proper Black Sabbath online posting criteria. If I offended somebody by having an opinion I suggest consulting yer Mommy or maybe crying into a Teddy bear rather than doing something rash like reporting this to the local internet thought police or Interpol or the UN. I'm just a regular working guy tryin' to have a good time before I die. Thanks. Have a nice day.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

  38. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Simple bland phone it in lyrics? How many times have you listened to this album? Have you even heard "Sun" "Hearts Of Darkness" "Handing Out Bullets" or the title track? If you want simple Priest by numbers type stuff you got Angel Of Retribution as a go to album for sure. I agree with a lot of what you said about Nostradamus at least. I enjoy Made Of Metal as well although most fans despise it. I think I like the Ripper albums a little bit more than you do even though Rob does Priest on his own 1000 times better than Priest does without Rob. I hope this post is fits proper Black Sabbath online posting criteria. If I offended somebody by having an opinion I suggest consulting yer Mommy or maybe crying into a Teddy bear rather than doing something rash like reporting this to the local internet thought police or Interpol or the UN. I'm just a regular working guy tryin' to have a good time before I die. Thanks. Have a nice day.
    Allow me to clarify my Crucible "opinion"... First of all I never said anything about Crucible "lyrics". Vocals to me are a lot more than "lyrics". About half of Crucible songs have simple melody lines that any good singer can sing and sound very close to how good Halford sounds. Halford rarely sings in that simple basic melodic way, and I am glad he doesn't.

    Crucible is a solo project and it's not Judas Priest and I am sure Halford wanted Crucible to sound different than a Judas Priest album. And Halford's Crucible vocals successfully do sound different.

    Listen to the melody lines of Hearts of Darkness - She - Fugitive - Heretic - Crystal -Trails of Tears - Sun - Golgotha (All good heavy songs with awesome lyrics!!!) but any good singer can sing those notes and do justice to the songs.

    Crucible songs that I think Rob is more unique and original sounding are Leaving Sorrow - One Will - Rock the World Forever - Handing out Bullets and Crucible.

    Crucible is a good album but Angel of Retribution is better!!!
    Now you owe me an apology damn it...

    Alright I feel better now.... Peace to one and all!
    Last edited by thewizard; 05-30-2014 at 11:58 PM.

  39. #119
    deranged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Not that anyone cares, but I actually like March of the Damned. I know Rob's vocals are below expectations, as well as the song itself. But can anyone say it does not sound reminiscent of classic Sabbath? That alone makes want to bang my head.

  40. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Second, Redeemer Of Souls might not be 'this' or 'that' when we finally get to hear it in full, but by fuck it will deserve more than the "maybe they should have just retired alltogether" summation you've already come up with. There's a little bit more to the album having been conceived, written, played, recorded, pressed and soon to be sold & toured upon, if you were to think about it, really.

    Also, you've dished out your fair share of insults over the journey and at times seemingly just been trying to stir shit with your repetitive negativity on certain topics, so I don't think you're in any position to be calling others else out on that.
    Well firstly I have never EVER made a post anywhere that was intented to stir shit up...I hate that. I just say how I feel about things...plain and simple. And if you don't like that it's fine and you can surely disagree and you can say that, but going into personal insults is never called for and surely not needed. If I feel negative about something (especially bands that I love) I'm not afraid to say it, even if it gets some people's balls in a bunch and the only way they seem able to react is by personal insults...that's not on me that's on them....and they should look long and hard about their postings then.

    Then let's get back to the topic of JUDAS PRIEST.

    Yes you are quite right...we've only heard two songs on Reedemer Of Souls...and I do hope, very much so, that the two we've heard aren't the indication of what the other 16 will sound like...but sadly though quite often first impression is not too far from the truth...in both good and bad.
    Both songs have the same problem, they are very commercial sounding with weak riffing and Rob's vocals sound very very tired and uninspired...like he's just reading lyrics off the sheet without any emotion...which is very odd because that's really not like him at all.

    I DO very much hope there will be some great songs on the album....because I love Priest and I don't want, what will probably be their last ever album, to suck...ofcourse I don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •