Default Deep Purple & their shamefull plagerisms

Forget Led Zep, no one does it better or worse than Purple...surprised they haven't bene sude in court...unlike the poster I don't think Zep was anymore plageristic than Purple... in fact in song comparisons, Zep's so called copies were very different than Purples where you can distinctly here the similarity... another Blackmore steal was Free's Heartbreaker and Rainbow's Terrin' Out My Heart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpd5cNw1IkA
    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 07-18-2013 at 12:41 PM.

I wouldn't go that for, Page stealing Dazed And Confused from John Holmes is beyond anything Blackmore and co. ever did. Black Mountain Side and Blackwater side, Howlin' Wolfs How Many Years and Zep's How Many More Times.

But the Fireball one disturbs me greatly. That's plagiarism from Gillan's and Blacker's part The others can't be qualified as clear cases of plagiarism. Except for the Child In Time, those riffs are basically carbon copies of each other. Oh, and the Summertime Blues/Black Night case, but that one Blackmore openly admitted
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Dudes, i think even Mozart stole some bits here and there from Beethoven...

You can't make music without being inspired by someone else, and sooner or later (unknowingly or willingly) you're going to copy someone. These are just the extreme cases. There's only 12 notes in our (western) scale, and Rock is a genre based on the (5-note) pentaton-scale, PLUS there've always been certain structures that've sounded more interesting and/or comfortable to the human ear, through folk-music right back to when we had 2-3-note melodies based around tribal rythms.
    We're bound to repeat ourselves.... FOREVER!

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    We're bound to repeat ourselves.... FOREVER!
    How cool isn't that
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Well Purple has usually been pretty open about where Child in Time came from - one thing about the Smoke on the Water Riff - Ritchie has stated on various occasions that is was taken from Beethoven's 5th symphony 1st movement with the notes slightly re-arranged. Since he is such a fan of classical music I believe this is where the riff started from.
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazetom View Post
    Well Purple has usually been pretty open about where Child in Time came from - one thing about the Smoke on the Water Riff - Ritchie has stated on various occasions that is was taken from Beethoven's 5th symphony 1st movement with the notes slightly re-arranged. Since he is such a fan of classical music I believe this is where the riff started from.
    I was disappointed when I learned they lifted Child In Time from another song (I actually discovered it myself, buying the It's a Beautiful Day CD based on a recomendation.... even though apparently one of the people from It's a Beautiful Day stole it from a jazz saxophone player he briefly worked with!). Back to Child In Time, it's one of my all time favorite songs. It's so beautiful that I just can't help but still adore it, even though I know a big part of it is stolen.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Yes, they used the other band's riff for Child in Time, but they bought the rights from the other band & let them use Wring That Neck. Or some arrangement like that, but they paid for it.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Ricky Nelson should have sued over Summertime/Black Night...

Quote Originally Posted by David86 View Post
    Yes, they used the other band's riff for Child in Time, but they bought the rights from the other band & let them use Wring That Neck. Or some arrangement like that, but they paid for it.
    Interesting. I'm glad.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Sun View Post
    Child In Time......it's so beautiful that I just can't help but still adore it, even though I know a big part of it is stolen.
    Agreed. Once again, I was a 13 year old kid that melted into the ground when I first heard that song. It shook my world.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Blackmore's solo in that song is one of the greastest rock solos of all time by anyone!

Just saw this on The Highway Star - Finally a DVD of the Perfect Strangers tour will be released 10/14 - this will be the Sydney show from December 84 - here's the news from the highway star - http://www.thehighwaystar.com/news/2...ue-in-october/
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies