Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 802
  1. #1
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default North American Tour Thread.. Video and Discussion



    I thought it would be a great idea to make a tour thread that we all can just build open throughout the tour. Just like we did for the 13 album thread. It reached 103 pages I think. Here we can just continue to post videos and discuss each show one by one as they come in.

    starting of course with Night 3 - Tampa, Florida.

    Here is the first video online.
    LISTEN AND ENJOY OZZY IN KEY BITCHES!!!


    Did anyone go tonight?
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-30-2013 at 12:32 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Good idea for a thread. I saw snippets of Paranoid, Black Sabbath and Under the Sun and Ozzy sounded good in all of them, especially Under the Sun. More importantly, I'm seeing nothing but overwelming excitement and positivity on Twitter.

  3. #3
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    SIGH OF RELIEF!!

    Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-30-2013 at 12:39 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    That poster is missing a very important date for me.
    8/16 Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    It is not on there and it is the one I am going to. Is anyone else going?
    It sounds like Ozzy is back in form. I am anxious to see Age of Reason and the other new ones from 13 from the Florida show. I hope he nails the lyrics and is on key!

  5. #5
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstheconqueror View Post
    That poster is missing a very important date for me.
    8/16 Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    It is not on there and it is the one I am going to. Is anyone else going?
    It sounds like Ozzy is back in form. I am anxious to see Age of Reason and the other new ones from 13 from the Florida show. I hope he nails the lyrics and is on key!
    Yeah, 8/16 Tinley Park, IL was announced a little bit after the tours original announcement.

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeah I figured that, no worries.

  7. #7

    Default

    Black Sabbath:



    Fairies Wear Boots:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFa4WXHdfAE

    Children of the Grave:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRg6L99yv0

    Into the Void:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6RP7xlCCgc

    Snowblind:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgXe3L1v94

    Looks like Into the Void and Snowblind are back down to C. Not to mention, the monitor issue definitely seems to have been rectified. Ozzy is in key, or at least within 100 cents of the key.
    Last edited by 62_SG; 07-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.

  8. #8
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Folks, the KINKS HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT!!! AMAZING NIGHT IN TAMPA!! Would have loved to seen this one.

    Who knows... Ozzy may have had an ear infection or something in Texas. Sometimes people forget that the vocalist is HUMAN.



    A friend of mine WHO WAS IN ATTENDANCE TONIGHT just posted this on his facebook.

    Wow. 2+ hours of heavy metal from the band that started it all. I haven't felt like this since I saw Metallica for the first time. Ozzy still has it and Tony can still shred it. Highlight of the set: when they played my favorite song of theirs, Black Sabbath. It was perfect. What an experience. It was an honor to get to see them play
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-29-2013 at 11:54 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Ozzy sounding in much better key tonight. Sometimes it is hard to hear Ozzy on these cell phone recordings, because most of the audience knows all the lyrics to Black Sabbath songs, and they are singing along word-for-word (and they definitely are not in key!)

  10. #10

    Default

    First minute and a half of End of the Beginning. Ozzy is in perfect form.



    God Is Dead amd Age of Reason are very well done also:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvznJbzkZ4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NIVGUvFhE

    Nice to hear the new stuff sound this good live.
    Last edited by 62_SG; 07-30-2013 at 04:32 AM.

  11. #11
    Korps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    279

    Default

    You people have got to be kidding. In all the clips in this thread, he's still flat pretty much all the time.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korps View Post
    You people have got to be kidding. In all the clips in this thread, he's still flat pretty much all the time.
    Not by more than half a cunt hair.

  13. #13
    Fabiano75's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Campinas - São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Ozzy sounds much better in last night.
    But he is still flat in some of the songs. But he is much more comfortable and confident in the stage.
    Good to see they have a real good time.
    Seems to be a great show.

  14. #14
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Sounds much better, more confident, energised and in the ball part key wise... BS playing 2+ hr sets is a first! I'd say things have been figured and out and fixed...

    ---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    SIGH OF RELIEF!!

    He even looks happier and more into it, energized... clearly the "issue(s) have been rectified, at least he and they sound in sync now!

  15. #15
    hipster doofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstheconqueror View Post
    That poster is missing a very important date for me.
    8/16 Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    It is not on there and it is the one I am going to. Is anyone else going?
    I'll be there. I'm not sure why the posters haven't been fixed. Even in the more recent one's they've posted. You have to imagine that does a little damage in getting the word out.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

  16. #16
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    I'll be there. I'm not sure why the posters haven't been fixed. Even in the more recent one's they've posted. You have to imagine that does a little damage in getting the word out.
    Hispter, IF I CAN GET OFF WORK I will be at Tinley Park also. I am gonna be at Indiana on the following Sunday. Tinley Park, IL is just 2 hours drive from there. So I am gonna try an go up a day earlier then I initially planned and make it a 2 for 1 trip. I will keep you posted if I can get off work to make it up. Otherwise I will have to wait and ride out saturday for the show Sunday.

  17. #17
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Nice to see Joe's thread on the show and his defense of TOMMY CLUFTUS! I'm in 100% agreement with Joe on this one, T.C. is doing a great job as did Brad Wilk on "13" and I honestly believe both would have outplayed B.W. had Bill been on board, they're both accomplished talented drummers who can play, just listen to Iron Man for instance, every single frill and fill and roll I expected from having the studio version burned in my brain for 40 years I heard live from T.C. Brad Wilks' work on "13" is nothing short of tremendous... I too am sick and tired of the slagging the drummers are getting, though many did acknowledge B.W.'s work on 13 as being to their liking... Bill Ward is a man in his mid 60's who hasn't toured or played on a regular basis in over 30 yrs, get over it B.W. fans, and I'm a B.W. fan, but I'd rather see a young buck behind the kit who's playing the songs the way they were meant to be played, not just a 80's metal thudder drummer who sounds nothing more than an ape trained to keep time...like some others we know.. I'm totally convinced every last one of you who have slagged the replacment drummer(s) would fail miserably in a blindfold test... it only makes me laugh when I hear the "experts" say this or that drummer can't play... obviously, Iommi/Butler think they can or they wouldn't have hired either of them! Bill Ward is yesterday's news... he's an old athlete LONG RETIRED... LONG PAST HIS PRIME..GET OVER IT!

    IF bILL WANTS TO PROVE ME WRONG HE CAN GET OFF HIS ASS AND PROVE IT!
    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 07-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    BS playing 2+ hr sets is a first! I'd say things have been figured and out and fixed...
    Little under 2 hours actually, but yeah, one of their longest ever sets...I think they've only clocked longer/as long during some shows on the Tyr, Forbidden and 2007 H&H tours.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstheconqueror View Post
    That poster is missing a very important date for me.
    8/16 Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    It is not on there and it is the one I am going to. Is anyone else going?
    It sounds like Ozzy is back in form. I am anxious to see Age of Reason and the other new ones from 13 from the Florida show. I hope he nails the lyrics and is on key!
    Yes I am going with some freshly rolled doobs!

  20. #20
    erock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BongRattlingGeezer View Post
    Yes I am going with some freshly rolled doobs!
    Nice!

    Anyone have a hotel room booked in Tinley Park area for my buddy and I to crash? Long shot..but they are all booked, looks like we are sleeping in the rental car, and then flying out of O'Hare at 9:30am for a wedding in Des Moines. =/

  21. #21

    Default

    I am going to just sleep in my car. I have to drive back from Wisconsin. I didn't want to pay for a room. I am looking forward to the concert and I cant wait to talk about the concert with everyone!

  22. #22
    RedZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Little under 2 hours actually, but yeah, one of their longest ever sets...I think they've only clocked longer/as long during some shows on the Tyr, Forbidden and 2007 H&H tours.
    Yea it's a muscular 2hr set. I hope it lasts 'cause the people complaining about Ozzy's voice might force him to drop songs earlier than planned. Better to
    hear an average song than not hear it at all. Please give us a summary of the concert when ya'll go. Enjoy!

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    Yea it's a muscular 2hr set. I hope it lasts 'cause the people complaining about Ozzy's voice might force him to drop songs earlier than planned. Better to
    hear an average song than not hear it at all. Please give us a summary of the concert when ya'll go. Enjoy!
    The nice thing about Sabbath is theres a lot of breathing room for the singer. I have a feeling that in terms of longevity Ozzy will fare better here on his solo tours because his solo material has a more constant vocal presence. For example, Dirty Women is a seven minute song with just two minutes of singing. I don't think theres anything in Ozzy's solo set that gives Ozzy that amount of space.

  24. #24
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    I'll be there. I'm not sure why the posters haven't been fixed. Even in the more recent one's they've posted. You have to imagine that does a little damage in getting the word out.
    Hipster.... IT'S OFFICIAL. I will be at Tinley Park also. Just got my tickets section 207. Geezers side of the stage.

    I would love to say hello man. Maybe grab a picture to share here on the board.

    Maybe you can PM me a Cell # or something?


    _________________________________

    Back to Back BLACK SABBATH shows for me. Aug 16 and Aug 18. This is Awesome! Thankful that I have an understanding girlfriend.

    ---------- Post added 07-31-2013 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2013 at 11:55 PM ----------

    Tony flubbed up on GOD IS DEAD? in Tampa. He went into the solo early. Watch the Big screen to see Geezer laughing at him. After the last time Ozzy sang the ine "god is dead" Tony went right into it. lol maybe Ozzy aint the only one having a hard time hearing on stage. (joking)


  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post

    The nice thing about Sabbath is theres a lot of breathing room for the singer. I have a feeling that in terms of longevity Ozzy will fare better here on his solo tours because his solo material has a more constant vocal presence. For example, Dirty Women is a seven minute song with just two minutes of singing. I don't think theres anything in Ozzy's solo set that gives Ozzy that amount of space.
    Good point

  26. #26
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post
    The nice thing about Sabbath is theres a lot of breathing room for the singer. I have a feeling that in terms of longevity Ozzy will fare better here on his solo tours because his solo material has a more constant vocal presence. For example, Dirty Women is a seven minute song with just two minutes of singing. I don't think theres anything in Ozzy's solo set that gives Ozzy that amount of space.
    I would think Mr. Crowley is close.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I would think Mr. Crowley is close.
    Mr Crowley is a good one. Two minutes of vocals in a five minute song, thanks to the lengthy intro and outro. Suicide Solution is another one like that.

  28. #28
    Shockwave4
    Guest

    Default

    ALRIGHT NOW! So guys... idk WTF is wrong with his in-ear moniters, but he is most definitely out of key on basically every song this tour. Ive listened to most songs from all three dates. Plain and simple... he is NOT in key and barely ever falls into key. BUT here's whats really weird... in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSM41FQe0g (dirty women) ... at 3:53 he all of a sudden jumps perfectly on key for the chorus AND adds a little twist and goes to a higher note than he DIDNT even do on the the original recording of the track!! Idk guys... So we know that he still has that high-pitched voice that we all love... but he cant sing low. They NEED to rehearse and see what tunings work with what songs and even take songs out if they need to. Because Ozzy definitely still has his voice... he just cant find his key when a ton of these songs have low tuning and call for lower vocals, his lower vocals are what puts him off key!!
    Last edited by Shockwave4; 07-31-2013 at 01:07 AM.

  29. #29

    Default

    Have any of you seen Dylan recently?

  30. #30
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Ozzy will be fine...

    Look there has been improvement every night since Houston. Tampa sounded pretty decent. There is hearing issues but it's getting lined out. Did anyone notice on Joe's review that he said he didn't get to meet the band because "they had issues with soundcheck and ran late" they are working it out.

    Ozz will never be top notch again but he will get this key thing worked out. And it apprears the band changed the tunings for a few songs in Tampa to help out.

    as Bill Ward says...

    "IT'S ALRIGHT"

  31. #31
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Ozzy will be fine...

    Look there has been improvement every night since Houston. Tampa sounded pretty decent. There is hearing issues but it's getting lined out. Did anyone notice on Joe's review that he said he didn't get to meet the band because "they had issues with soundcheck and ran late" they are working it out.

    Ozz will never be top notch again but he will get this key thing worked out. And it apprears the band changed the tunings for a few songs in Tampa to help out.

    as Bill Ward says...

    "IT'S ALRIGHT"
    No, Bill said it's all about the $... that's what Bill said.. ypou know what, Bill Ward is a fool... plain and simple... unless they offered him dog biscuts I just don't get it... read his interview, I think he's half mad...

  32. #32
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    No, Bill said it's all about the $... that's what Bill said.. ypou know what, Bill Ward is a fool... plain and simple... unless they offered him dog biscuts I just don't get it... read his interview, I think he's half mad...
    I read it.... I just refuse to talk crap about Bill Ward. I wont do it.

  33. #33
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I read it.... I just refuse to talk crap about Bill Ward. I wont do it.
    That's cool Axe... I still think he's nuts but just my opinion is all...

  34. #34
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Is anyone going to WEST PALM BEACH tonight??

  35. #35
    Korps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave4 View Post
    ALRIGHT NOW! So guys... idk WTF is wrong with his in-ear moniters, but he is most definitely out of key on basically every song this tour. Ive listened to most songs from all three dates. Plain and simple... he is NOT in key and barely ever falls into key. BUT here's whats really weird... in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSM41FQe0g (dirty women) ... at 3:53 he all of a sudden jumps perfectly on key for the chorus AND adds a little twist and goes to a higher note than he DIDNT even do on the the original recording of the track!! Idk guys... So we know that he still has that high-pitched voice that we all love... but he cant sing low. They NEED to rehearse and see what tunings work with what songs and even take songs out if they need to. Because Ozzy definitely still has his voice... he just cant find his key when a ton of these songs have low tuning and call for lower vocals, his lower vocals are what puts him off key!!
    Good GRIEF the verses are bad. But the "Oh dirty women, they don't mess around" part does indeed sound very good. If THAT was his regular standard I'd gladly go see them on this tour and I wouldn't mind the insane ticket prices, either.

  36. #36
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korps View Post
    and I wouldn't mind the insane ticket prices, either.
    I bought a ticket last night for $45 including all the ticketmaster fees. And it was for an actual seat. Not a lawn ticket. That's not bad.

  37. #37
    Fabiano75's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Campinas - São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Ozzy's voice sounds so good after 3:53...So much feel. The guy still have it.
    He just need more concentration on what he is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave4 View Post
    ALRIGHT NOW! So guys... idk WTF is wrong with his in-ear moniters, but he is most definitely out of key on basically every song this tour. Ive listened to most songs from all three dates. Plain and simple... he is NOT in key and barely ever falls into key. BUT here's whats really weird... in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSM41FQe0g (dirty women) ... at 3:53 he all of a sudden jumps perfectly on key for the chorus AND adds a little twist and goes to a higher note than he DIDNT even do on the the original recording of the track!! Idk guys... So we know that he still has that high-pitched voice that we all love... but he cant sing low. They NEED to rehearse and see what tunings work with what songs and even take songs out if they need to. Because Ozzy definitely still has his voice... he just cant find his key when a ton of these songs have low tuning and call for lower vocals, his lower vocals are what puts him off key!!

  38. #38
    Korps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I bought a ticket last night for $45 including all the ticketmaster fees. And it was for an actual seat. Not a lawn ticket. That's not bad.
    Sucks for us Europeans. They're playing in Finland in the fall and the tickets are like 80 euros (more than a hundred bucks).

  39. #39
    axeman_12656's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korps View Post
    Sucks for us Europeans. They're playing in Finland in the fall and the tickets are like 80 euros (more than a hundred bucks).
    Oh, I'm sorry Korps I didn't take into account that you were in a different country.

    Oddly even for the US dates the ticket prices vary a lot. I am going to two shows. Illinois and Indiana and the tickets for the Indiana show are about double the price of the Illinios tickets. Strange!!

    ________________________

    I just watched the video of DIRTY WOMEN. That 2nd half of it is probably the best Ozzy has sounded the entire tour. I wonder what changed from the first half the song to the 2nd half??

  40. #40
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry Korps I didn't take into account that you were in a different country.

    Oddly even for the US dates the ticket prices vary a lot. I am going to two shows. Illinois and Indiana and the tickets for the Indiana show are about double the price of the Illinios tickets. Strange!!

    ________________________

    I just watched the video of DIRTY WOMEN. That 2nd half of it is probably the best Ozzy has sounded the entire tour. I wonder what changed from the first half the song to the 2nd half??
    I just watched it (DW) and came back on to post (not yet seeing your post...) it almost sounded like Ozzy was lip syncing from the "oh dirty women, they don't mess around..." part right through to Iommi's blistering solo, I was like, "where'd that come from!" It sounded great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •