Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

"101 Ways to Use Concert stuff": 3 bandannas already cut/re-sewn to make sized stereo covers to protect open areas from dust while not using. Reason they were bought

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    I just quickly sampled Black Sabbath, Under the Sun and NIB. The band seemed to still be in great form. Ozzy still sounds miles ahead of Houston
    Hey, but at least in Houston we got to hear Methademic!

Glad to hear Boston went good. We are now at the midpoint of the North American tour. How sad. I hope the Boston crowd treated the Sabs well and sold all the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    Hey, but at least in Houston we got to hear Methademic!

Glad to hear Boston went good. We are now at the midpoint of the North American tour. How sad. I hope the Boston crowd treated the Sabs well and sold all the tickets.
    I don't know if Boston did, but I do know Toronto is a sellout show.

Boston definitely treated them well. Don't know if it sold out, but I didn't see any empty seats. The band totally blew me away and the crowd was heavily supportive. I was in the fourth row left of center, in front of Geezer. The band was on all night, clearly enjoying themselves Sabbath style: Tony smiled occasionally, played like he has been recently - on fire - and got a lot of positive crowd reactions, Geezer played out as he always does, planted in place but full of energy, and Ozzy was fully on, highly charged, constantly urging the crowd on in typical Ozzy fashion, and handling the vocals without a hitch. I'm not going to mention a couple of lapses, bc who gives a shit? This band was on, playing probably better than ever, which is saying a lot. Amazing night!

And Tommy has earned his way into the band. At the end of the show, he's right there with the other three, arms around each other, taking their bows. He deserves it. The guy is a force of nature. Always on the beat, cleanly and precisely, playing hard and driving the band with all that energy. He seems get in a zone for two hours and never stops, almost like a supernatural state. Just wow.

But really the most amazing thing about this band is that most of the time, you could focus on what any one of them was doing and be blown away, only to realize that the other two guys were equally burning it up at the same time.

And finally, revealing my true fanboyism, when Geezer walked off the stage waving at the end of the main set and again after the encore, I was pumping my fist passionately and I swear that both times Geezer looked straight at me and acknowledged my appreciation. Fantasy or reality, I don't care. It was real for me. One of the best concerts I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot. And did I mention that they were amazing? SABBATH!!!!!!!

What I didn't see being sold at the show was tour programs. I guess they don't do these type of things anymore? Or maybe I just missed them. I used to love getting them.

Highlight for me was Geezer breaking into NIB intro. Very cool. I'll never see bass played like that again.
    Get yourself afraid, Get yourself alone, Get yourself contained, Get yourself control - Soundgarden

I just saw 2 pictures of OZZYIRONMAN with Ozzy in Toronto!!! Great stuff. Congrats man!!

Default Satan's coming 'round the bend

Next stop "Chicago."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Enforcer View Post
    Next stop "Chicago."
    And I will be there! Will you be there Enforcer?

I known my man Hisper Doofus will be there. I am gonna text him and get up with him for a pic together that we can share here on the board.

Setlist for Toronto did not change. Methademic was not played.

First video available is PARANOID
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 08-14-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post

And I will be there! Will you be there Enforcer?

I known my man Hisper Doofus will be there. I am gonna text him and get up with him for a pic together that we can share here on the board.

Setlist for Toronto did not change. Methademic was not played.

First video available is PARANOID
    Video Link: http://youtu.be/7zUJ5IvCPiA
    I can confirm no methademic

Xia

I've been following this thread for awhile but I only just registered, I've seen all the videos from earlier in the tour. Fantastic show last night, everyone! Ozzy was incredible, I saw him on a solo tour a few years back and his performance last night blew that away, he brought the house down. You could tell his voice was straining near the end, (particularly God Is Dead and Dirty Women), but otherwise he definently exceeded my expectations. I'm glad I got to live a dream of mine last night, I'll be satisfied if that's the last chance I ever had, because it was an incredible show. Tony and Geezer, what can I say? They're the best at what they do, but we already knew that. Tommy, man you can tell this guy has been reading all the internet bullshit people were saying about, the man seriously knows how to prove people wrong, what a beast behind the kit he was.

Can't wait for tomorrow's show. I am hoping they change the setlist and add a song or two. Regardless, I am sure the show will rock my balls off! I will be the dude toking lots of bud and playing air bass and guitar on the lawn area.
    Last edited by BongRattlingGeezer; 08-15-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Ozzy is amazing here!!!
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiano75 View Post
    Ozzy is amazing here!!!
    Perfect!
    Superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiano75 View Post
    Ozzy is amazing here!!!
    Perfect!
    ]
    That was heart stopping!!!

I keep hearing how great Toronto was. Both Geezer and Gloria along with Tommy have tweeted about how great the show was last night.

Gloria called it one of the best in Black Sabbath history.

It was an epic show. Flawless. I've seen them 4 times pre 13 and it was the best for sure.

I'm leaving now for Chicago!! only 7 1/2 hours away!!

2 shows man thats awesome.

God speed Axe... looking forward to a full report when you get home from your Sabbath journey's...!

Have a fabulous show!
    Sabbath rules!!

The day is upon on. Safe travels, we'll see you soon!
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    Have fun boys! I'm a week away!
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Going to see Sabbath for my first time ever!

Quote Originally Posted by jstheconqueror View Post
    Cherish it! have fun!

I most certainly will. Thank you!

You will love it brother.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I suppose its too late now but i was hoping someone would upload more clips from the toronto show. i wanted to know how Ozzy sounded that night.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
    I suppose its too late now but i was hoping someone would upload more clips from the toronto show. i wanted to know how Ozzy sounded that night.
    OZZY WAS IN GREAT VOICE AND SPIRIT! You can see a whole bunch up on YouTube

Just left the Chicago show. It was outstanding. Ozzy's was pretty sharp. He only struggled a little on Snowblind and Dirty Women. Geezer and Tony were nothing short of spectacular. Tommy was more than up to the challenge. All in all it was a phenomenal show.

Quote Originally Posted by hipster doofus View Post
    My damn phone died!!! I came over to your section and row right before Andrew W.K. and the little dude was a dick. I talked a girl that worked there in to letting my walk down to your row and I asked every person in the row if their name was Ryan. haha.... You were not there yet. I'm sorry I missed you man. I tried to get my phone back on long enough to grab your number and call you from my girlfriends phone but it wasn't happening!!

Chicago show was INSANE!! I have seen Ozzy 16 times and Sabbath 7. I would call it the 2nd best Sabbath concert I have seen. With #1 being Dayton, Ohio 1999. Ozzy sounded great. He started to tire with Dirty Woman. But he held it together. Age of Reason is one of the best songs they do at this point. Had a great day and an awesome drive up to Illinois. Indianapolis will be a day to remember for the rest of my life. I will give a full report later.

The fact that they're selling out 20k seat arenas with NO supporting acts(!) is nothing short of amazing and something to be EXTREMELY proud of!

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    The fact that they're selling out 20k seat arenas with NO supporting acts(!) is nothing short of amazing and something to be EXTREMELY proud of!
    It is fact and it is happening, extremely proud they and we are!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

No one is qualified to open for the new Sabbath. Anyone that would try it, will get laughed off the stage.

My poor girlfriend has been forced by me to listen to 13 so much over the past 2 and a half months. haha.... Last night in Chicago they were playing AGE OF REASON and folks started to head for the beer stand (As they did for EVERY new song, I don' get it). Then and she turned to me and said "I THINK I AM THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT KNOWS THE NEW SONGS BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES." Haha... Too funny. She really enjoyed it. Now looking forward to Indianapolis.

Did anyone see Ozzy put on the Jester's cap and run around with it on stage? That was fucking awesome! The whole show was amazing. I am still in shock. Ozzy sounded like he did on the old Sabbath albums. He did struggle on Snowblind though. Everything else was spot on. I kept getting pissed when everyone went for a beer during the new songs. What the hell people?

Did anyone see Ozzy put on the Jester's cap and run around with it on stage? That was fucking awesome! The whole show was amazing. I am still in shock. Ozzy sounded like he did on the old Sabbath albums. He did struggle on Snowblind though. Everything else was spot on. I kept getting pissed when everyone went for a beer during the new songs. What the hell people?
    I stayed for the new songs, not like we heard them live before, it would only make sense to stick around and hear them.

K11

Ozzy was awesome last night, I had seen some videos and I heard some reviews including topics on this forum, and when Ozzy came out sounding like he did last night, at first I thought they began using a "backing track" like many artists do, but then I realized that was not the case

My poor girlfriend has been forced by me to listen to 13 so much over the past 2 and a half months. haha.... Last night in Chicago they were playing AGE OF REASON and folks started to head for the beer stand (As they did for EVERY new song, I don' get it). Then and she turned to me and said "I THINK I AM THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT KNOWS THE NEW SONGS BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES." Haha... Too funny. She really enjoyed it. Now looking forward to Indianapolis.
    I get it. People don't care about new stuff, they want to hear the classics. It's a classic rock band, the last thing they want to hear is the new album.

I really enjoyed the video they had for Fairies Wear Boots.
    "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

20k people who could go without the seats. No one sat down last night.

Last night in Chicago they were playing AGE OF REASON and folks started to head for the beer stand (As they did for EVERY new song, I don' get it).
    The people next to my brother and me left their seats like five times. It was quite annoying. At one point my brother asked me if they knew that Black Sabbath was on stage.

Did anyone see Ozzy put on the Jester's cap and run around with it on stage? That was fucking awesome! The whole show was amazing.
    Coo-koo!