Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Black Sabbath

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    So this is how it all comes to an end? Without Bill.

No new album, not even the four unreleased tracks with Bill performing drum duties, or a last show in Birmingham where we can have as a taped memory of our favorite band.

Very disappointing and sad. Never Say Die! still the only last original Black Sabbath release.
    Hey OID, we got a new album, that album was 13. Feel lucky and be thankful we did. Tony has an ongoing daily battle he's fighting. He's given us so much already and owes us nothing, that goes for Ozzy, Geezer & Bill as well.

Just enjoy and focus on what we've got rather than get too hung up what we haven't got. It's all coming to an end and we all should just jump onboard and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Hey OID, we got a new album, that album was 13. Feel lucky and be thankful we did. Tony has an ongoing daily battle he's fighting. He's given us so much already and owes us nothing, that goes for Ozzy, Geezer & Bill as well.

Just enjoy and focus on what we've got rather than get too hung up what we haven't got. It's all coming to an end and we all should just jump onboard and enjoy the ride.
    I'm very grateful we got 13, I'm not one of the few people on here bashing it.

I know Tony is battling cancer, perhaps one reason he should kick back and relax and not go on tour, which takes a lot out of a person.

I guess money always wins when it comes down to it, I'm glad Bill took the stance he did and stuck by it, he kept his dignity by doing so, and the respect of his fans who have stood by him.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Wicked Cricket said it best when he posted these sacred words " Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath"

William Thomas "Bill" Ward, Terence Michael Joseph "Geezer" Butler, John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne, Anthony Frank "Tony" Iommi.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

It's been the end my friends, a long time ago.

No Bill Ward = no Sabbath, period!!!!

Live long and prosper. YoY

It's been the end my friends, a long time ago. No Bill Ward = no Sabbath, period!!!! Live long and prosper. YoY
    Your stance has changed

OID, post #163 is on target. Post #164- What happened to the OID who was the most pure of Black Sabbath fans? The OID that loved the brilliance of Black Sabbath and whose loyalty never shifted with the winds and the guy who only focused on the positive enjoyment of the magic that is Black Sabbath. Yes, it is disappointing that these four special musicians do not appear to have the desire to end the band in the best possible way, however, any new music, or tours, from Black Sabbath remain special. It is unfortunate that the negativity of the Bill situation has impacted you so strongly. The reason for Bill's absence has been argued endlessly on these boards and we will never have all of the facts. It is important to remember that even the best inside sources may not be completely objective. I disagree with the Bill as a victim argument, as this would mean that only Bill's word is accurate and that Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Mike X. are all being disingenuous. Bill's track record is not consistent with this position.

For me, any new contributions by Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer will be welcomed and enjoyed. These three founding members have proven their ability to produce new music and to deliver live in concert. Can the same be said of Bill? I look forward to the opportunity to see these masters live again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    OID, post #163 is on target. Post #164- What happened to the OID who was the most pure of Black Sabbath fans? The OID that loved the brilliance of Black Sabbath and whose loyalty never shifted with the winds and the guy who only focused on the positive enjoyment of the magic that is Black Sabbath. Yes, it is disappointing that these four special musicians do not appear to have the desire to end the band in the best possible way, however, any new music, or tours, from Black Sabbath remain special. It is unfortunate that the negativity of the Bill situation has impacted you so strongly. The reason for Bill's absence has been argued endlessly on these boards and we will never have all of the facts. It is important to remember that even the best inside sources may not be completely objective. I disagree with the Bill as a victim argument, as this would mean that only Bill's word is accurate and that Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Mike X. are all being disingenuous. Bill's track record is not consistent with this position.

For me, any new contributions by Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer will be welcomed and enjoyed. These three founding members have proven their ability to produce new music and to deliver live in concert. Can the same be said of Bill? I look forward to the opportunity to see these masters live again.
    I would guess that OID loves all of the music. But I think he knows in his
    heart, as do I, that there is only one true Black Sabbath.
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by OIM View Post
    Your stance has changed
    My stance has changed on what OIM? It's been the end ever since they failed to bring Bill back into the fold, they advertised this as a reunion and Bill was technically cut out of it.

Sabman, I am still that most loyal of Sabbath fans, but didn't Ozzy himself say it wasn't Sabbath without him or the four of the founding members? Yes this Bill issue has affected me. Is it wrong to say that no Bill=no Sabbath? Who is Ozzy? The only reason Sharon even gave a rats ass about the Sabbath name was to propel her husband back into success, his solo career wasn't going so well with the last few solo albums, what better way to put him back into the front than use the Sabbath name. So if Sharon and Ozzy say Sabbath cannot exist without him, then I'll say it cannot exist without all four of them, so if Bill is out and he has been since the reunion, I'll say no Ward = no Sabbath.

Ozzy is not Black Sabbath, he became known because of Black Sabbath, which was Tony, Geezer, Bill and Ozzy, those four made Black Sabbath what it was, and yes Bill did want to be a part of this reunion and could have, we all know because of the good Doctor's circle that he could've been on that album, no health issues restricting him there. A full blown tour? That's a different story, only Bill and his doctors could say.

I will also continue to enjoy whatever new music Black Sabbath puts out.
    My sincerest respect to you Sabman. (YoY)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I would guess that OID loves all of the music. But I think he knows in his
    heart, as do I, that there is only one true Black Sabbath.
    The original Black Sabbath has always been my special Sabbath, the one that since a teen I've had a love for and always will till the day I die, Doc knows that and I think everyone here knows that, that is why this Bill issue has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 10-04-2015 at 08:13 AM.

The original Black Sabbath has always been my special Sabbath, the one that since a teen I've had a love for and always will till the day I die, Doc knows that and I think everyone here knows that, that is why this Bill issue has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    My feelings exactly Brother, except I have been listening to the Sabbs since I was a "tween" when they first came out. This whole Bill thing has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, including our good friend WallofSleep who has done a total 180 about Sabbath. I can't say I blame him because their HAS been a lot of bullshit going on in the Sabbath camp and there is no one individual to point the finger at.

I still love all the early Guns 'n' Roses even though Axl is an asshole, I still dig Metallica even though Lars is an asshole and can't play a Sabbath cover to save his ass, so why would I stop loving Sabb music because of some questionable decisions by the members (I'm being kind)?

I too would prefer new music over a tour. As I've stated before I've seen them in their prime and don't care to see them again.

If this really is "The End" I've got a gut feeling that there will be some extremely happy Sabb fans on this tour. Bill Ward will make at least 1 appearance on this tour... maybe Birmingham. Any facts to back this up? No. But I find it hard to believe that they can't put their differences and their wallets aside for at least 1 show if this is really it. All opinion but it just makes sense to me.
    Last edited by turch118; 10-03-2015 at 10:26 PM.

OID you loved 13 (at least you said you did). You just seem to be more pissed off lately about Bill not being there. Were you honestly holding out hope that bill would get a "singable contract". We all know that whole thing was bullshit

OID, I am sorry to hear that you have become so bitter. Are there no hospitals in NJ? . I agree with you 100% regarding the value of each of the founding members. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill created pure brilliance together in the 1970's. So, only St. Bill is genuine, and Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer are all dishonorable individuals under control of the Evil Sharon? A dispute like this is rarely that one-sided. Again, every individual who has direct knowledge of the situation is likely to have a bias based on his/her personal loyalties, thus a true insider may very well be presenting a biased account of the proceedings. Have there been recent statements by Ozzy stating that he and he alone is Black Sabbath? If Bill participated in the recording of 13, would have been released in 2013? Would the sessions have accommodated Tony's treatment schedule? For me, I focus on the music, enjoy the old and any new albums by Black Sabbath, and look forward to the opportunity to see the masters live for one last time. We are in complete agreement about Black Sabbath's past and of different opinions on the present status of the band.
    Last edited by The Sabman Cometh; 10-04-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    This whole Bill thing has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, including our good friend WallofSleep who has done a total 180 about Sabbath. I can't say I blame him because their HAS been a lot of bullshit going on in the Sabbath camp and there is no one individual to point the finger at.
    Only Bill and the Sabs will truly ever know who is to blame, but I have my hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by OIM View Post
    OID you loved 13 (at least you said you did). You just seem to be more pissed off lately about Bill not being there. Were you honestly holding out hope that bill would get a "singable contract". We all know that whole thing was bullshit
    I still love 13, I listen to it practically every day.

OID, I am sorry to hear that you have become so bitter. Are there no hospitals in NJ?
    Your last sentence is nearly as negative as the pathetic Wheels attack against Doc. I am disappointed that you chose to disparage the BLACK SABBATH name over the messy contractual situation involving Bill. I agree with you 100% regarding the value of each of the founding members. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill created pure brilliance together in the 1970's. So, only St. Bill is genuine, and Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer are all dishonorable individuals under control of the Evil Sharon? A dispute like this is rarely that one-sided. Again, every individual who has direct knowledge of the situation is likely to have a bias based on his/her personal loyalties, thus a true insider may very well be presenting a biased account of the proceedings. Have there been recent statements by Ozzy stating that he and he alone is Black Sabbath? If Bill participated in the recording of 13, would have been released in 2013? Would the sessions have accommodated Tony's treatment schedule? For me, I focus on the music, enjoy the old and any new albums by Black Sabbath, and look forward to the opportunity to see the masters live for one last time. We are in complete agreement about Black Sabbath's past and of different opinions on the present status of the band.
    The disparaging remark has been removed. Perhaps you are all in the right regarding Sabbath.

My respect to all of you who have responded, you guys are my Black Sabbath brothers. (YoY)!!!!

OID, thank you, I amended my last post as well. I know it is frustrating that these four special musicians seem unwilling to resolve any differences that stand in the way of a proper end. Each founding member is also a flawed human being, and a proper resolution remains uncertain. I will focus on the music, any new material, and the upcoming tour even if there is no story book ending. If negativity creeps in, listen to Black Sabbath, Hand of Doom, Supernaut, End of the Beginning, or any of the brilliant Sabbath tracks. Stay positive my friend.

OID, thank you, I amended my last post as well. I know it is frustrating that these four special musicians seem unwilling to resolve any differences that stand in the way of a proper end. Each founding member is also a flawed human being, and a proper resolution remains uncertain. I will focus on the music, any new material, and the upcoming tour even if there is no story book ending. If negativity creeps in, listen to Black Sabbath, Hand of Doom, Supernaut, End of the Beginning, or any of the brilliant Sabbath tracks. Stay positive my friend.
    I will focus on the music as well my friend and if they happen to come to Jersey, I'll think about going, looking forward to the four unreleased tracks, I hope we get those.

Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!!!

Just thought I'd mention that the Black Sabbath Deluxe releases are real treasures.

"I only ever wanted to love Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Bill, Geezer, Tony) and for Black Sabbath to love me back."

~OzzyIsDio
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-13-2016 at 01:46 PM.

For an old friend ,

So you lived your life precisely by the rules of the game
    Is your mind an open page or will it always be the same?
    Did you try to pass the point deny the holder's job?
    If your heart lays with the rebel would you cheer the underdog?

When the better half is careful do you take the cheaper way?
    Do you recognize your conscience when there's danger in fair play?
    Is your mind in twilight guiding the constant noncommittal fog?

I won't ask you again if a chill comes to your hand
    Some day I'm going back to a world I understand

When the morning light came too late did you ever blame yourself?
    Would you leave the unprepared bed every time for someone else?
    Is your word in silence heard to pass away the quick and mild?
    If your heart lays with the rebel would you cheer the under dog?

God Bless brother

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    For an old friend ,

So you lived your life precisely by the rules of the game
    Is your mind an open page or will it always be the same?
    Did you try to pass the point deny the holder's job?

When the better half is careful do you take the cheaper way?
    Do you recognize your conscience when there's danger in fair play?
    Is your mind in twilight guiding the constant noncommittal fog?

I won't ask you again if a chill comes to your hand
    Some day I'm going back to a world I understand

When the morning light came too late did you ever blame yourself?
    Would you leave the unprepared bed every time for someone else?
    Is your word in silence heard to pass away the quick and mild?
    If your heart lays with the rebel would you cheer the under dog?

God Bless brother
    A very belated thank you to an old and good friend!

Thank you Doc, my friend and brother.

My first Black Sabbath concert I saw on VHS when I was 16:

The third time I saw them live was on this tour. Makin' me feel old. You were 16 watching this video and I was at the show, OUCH. I'm sitting here watching the whole video and one thing I noticed is that they seemed to key up on Snowblind which made it more difficult for Ozzy to sing. And Never Say Die is very cool. Quite a different setlist from "13" or "The End".

Sabbath are the number 1 for me. Always have been. My fave band forever. Same with my football team. The memories are there too. Of course i like a few other bands. Such as Maiden. I like them a bit more than say, Zep and Metallica. But Sabbath are waaaaay ahead of anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    The third time I saw them live was on this tour. Makin' me feel old. You were 16 watching this video and I was at the show, OUCH. I'm sitting here watching the whole video and one thing I noticed is that they seemed to key up on Snowblind which made it more difficult for Ozzy to sing. And Never Say Die is very cool. Quite a different setlist from "13" or "The End".
    Very good set list, I was hoping that for the 13 Tour that I attended they'd play Never Say Die! as they were using the Pilot image for that tour, and how Ironic it would've been for them to play that song after 35 years they released an album with Ozzy, never say die indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Sabbath are the number 1 for me. Always have been. My fave band forever. Same with my football team. The memories are there too. Of course i like a few other bands. Such as Maiden. I like them a bit more than say, Zep and Metallica. But Sabbath are waaaaay ahead of anybody else.
    Thanks for posting, they're my favorite all time band as well always have been always will be.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-15-2018)

Pretty good Sabbath Documentary, It says part 1, I couldn't find part 2:
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-25-2018 at 09:16 AM.

This is my 10,000th post, wow! How long it's been since I first came on this forum, looking for like minded Sabbath fans.

So many members have come and gone, so many friendships forged on this here forum, 5 of who I'd like to mention by name, Sin Cardinal Sin, you can't have or ask for a better friend and true brother, Doctor John Sabbath PhD & MD, for all of your Sabbath knowledge and ailments and fixes, , Ronn a Sabbath stalwart, and Maestro, my North of the Border Sabbath Comrade.

Maestro hope you are okay buddy, haven't heard from you in awhile.

A sad mention to a sad departure of a man who left this forum unwillingly through an unfortunate time here on the forum where many friendships were lost, due to disagreements many of us had, a most unfortunate time on this forum, this man who deserves an HONORABLE mention, who is no longer on this Earth with us, but will most certainly never be forgotten, never! Brother I think of you often and am saddened by your departure, both on this forum and on God's green Earth, Ola, aka Billy Underdog, love you brother, forever and always. R.I.P.

This is my 10,000th post, wow! How long it's been since I first came on this forum, looking for like minded Sabbath fans.

So many members have come and gone, so many friendships forged on this here forum, 5 of who I'd like to mention by name, Sin Cardinal Sin, you can't have or ask for a better friend and true brother, Doctor John Sabbath PhD & MD, for all of your Sabbath knowledge and ailments and fixes, , Ronn a Sabbath stalwart, and Maestro, my North of the Border Sabbath Comrade.

A sad mention to a sad departure of a man who left this forum unwillingly through an unfortunate time here on the forum where many friendships were lost, due to disagreements many of us had, a most unfortunate time on this forum, this man who deserves an HONORABLE mention, who is no longer on this Earth with us, but will most certainly never be forgotten, never! Brother I think of you often and am saddened by your departure, both on this forum and on God's green Earth, Ola, aka Billy Underdog, love you brother, forever and always. R.I.P.
    Respect you straight up , top of the line - Sabbath friggin maniac!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (07-29-2019)

Congrats OID. Although I've been a Member of these Forums since 2007 I don't know if I'll ever come close to your post count. Talk about dedication to Sabbath!

Ted

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ted Sallis For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (07-29-2019)

Respect you straight up , top of the line - Sabbath friggin maniac!
    Doc, thank you, respect back, because of this forum I met you, I'm thankful for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Congrats OID. Although I've been a Member of these Forums since 2007 I don't know if I'll ever come close to your post count. Talk about dedication to Sabbath!

Ted
    Thank you for your kind words Ted, I'm very dedicated when it comes to Sabbath, like Doc said, I'm a Sabbath friggin maniac.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 07-29-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Typo

You've stayed the course, OID. Congratulations on your 10,000th post and all the best to you!

I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.

Sabbath and Beatles never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    You've stayed the course, OID. Congratulations on your 10,000th post and all the best to you!
    Thank you Sweet, it's been a pleasure being here.

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.Sabbath and Beatles never do that.
    It's funny you mention the Beatles William, I was listening to them practically all day yesterday, love the Beatles as well and Zeppelin, Zep never wears thin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.

Sabbath and Beatles never do that.
    I think Stones was better than Beatles. Rolling stones albums was more solid than Beatles albums was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    I think Stones was better than Beatles. Rolling stones albums was more solid than Beatles albums was.
    Kenny , outside of Sabbath , no artist can hold a candle to The Beatles ,,, bands like Zep (who are on an entirely different stratosphere than the Stones) and the Stones , neither should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles ,, where an album like Rubber Soul or a debut like Please Please Me are so far and superior to Zeps entire career , it only takes one Beatles track , any track for that matter , from any of the 13 UK releases , to do the same to the Stones .....

Kenny , outside of Sabbath , no artist can hold a candle to The Beatles ,,, bands like Zep (who are on an entirely different stratosphere than the Stones) and the Stones , neither should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles ,, where an album like Rubber Soul or a debut like Please Please Me are so far and superior to Zeps entire career , it only takes one Beatles track , any track for that matter , from any of the 13 UK releases , to do the same to the Stones .....
    On my list Beatles is pretty low. Zeppelin,Stones and Sabbath are of course higher on it than the Beatles.
    Last edited by Kennyz; 07-31-2019 at 12:38 PM.

YoY YoY YoY

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    YoY YoY YoY
    Ronn you are Black Sabbath!!! (YoY)

Don’t know if this has been shared:
    https://loudwire.com/black-sabbath-f...-mascot-henry/

40. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

Kennyz (08-31-2019)