Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default South America Tour Thread

Never to early to start the Southern leg of the tour thread. Does anyone have the gig dates. I searched and couldn't find it. If you have them, enter them in a comment.

I found a few more at http://www.ozzy.com/us/events

October 15 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    October 22 San Jose, Costa Rica

I'm excited about the Bogota show. Remember what happened the last time Sabbath (H&H whatever) played there.

Soria Moria, Østenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    Never to early to start the Southern leg of the tour thread. Does anyone have the gig dates. I searched and couldn't find it. If you have them, enter them in a comment.
    http://www.blacksabbath.com/events.html
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til árs ok friðar ok forn siðr

4 October 2013 - Santiago, Chile
    6 October 2013 - La Plata, Argentina
    9 October 2013 - Porto Alegre, Brazil
    11 October 2013 - São Paulo, Brazil
    13 October 2013 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    15 October 2013 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    19 October 2013 - Bogotá, Colombia
    22 October 2013 - San José, Costa Rica
    26 October 2013 - Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico

I found a few more at http://www.ozzy.com/us/events

October 15 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    October 22 San Jose, Costa Rica

I'm excited about the Bogota show. Remember what happened the last time Sabbath (H&H whatever) played there.
    Did something peculiar transpire then? All I remember from the SA tour is the packed houses and raving fans. South American rock crowds are quite possibly the best in the whole world - I remember that they sang along nearly every riff :laugh. The intro of "I" and the solo section of COS actually worked really well with crowd chanting the riffs/licks.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Quote Originally Posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
    Did something peculiar transpire then? All I remember from the SA tour is the packed houses and raving fans. South American rock crowds are quite possibly the best in the whole world - I remember that they sang along nearly every riff :laugh. The intro of "I" and the solo section of COS actually worked really well with crowd chanting the riffs/licks.
    Yes the crowds down south are insane. What a great place to hold concerts.

TDYK started the tour in Colombia (El Campin stadium in 2009) and the govt radio broadcasted the FM signal on the internet. Arguably the best audio quality of the entire tour. I heard the "Bogota Stream" on-line but didn't have time to setup and capture it. Iommi and the band didn't know they were being streamed. Tony was not happy; I don't think Dio cared it was done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a repeat of it.

I'm gonna search for the radio station that streamed it and will post the link here if I find it.
    Doesn't hurt to be prepared this time.

Edit: there are some audience boots out there but those aren't the Bogota FM Stream.
    Last edited by RedZero; 09-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.

The setlist for South America might change a little......They might bring back Electric Funeral, Sweet Leaf, The Wizard and Symptom of the Universe instrumental.
    I wish they would play Cornucopia and Hand of Doom.

Banned

TDYK started the tour in Colombia (El Campin stadium in 2009) and the govt radio broadcasted the FM signal on the internet. Arguably the best audio quality of the entire tour. I heard the "Bogota Stream" on-line but didn't have time to setup and capture it. Iommi and the band didn't know they were being streamed. Tony was not happy; I don't think Dio cared it was done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a repeat of it.

I'm gonna search for the radio station that streamed it and will post the link here if I find it.

Edit: there are some audience boots out there but those aren't the Bogota FM Stream.
    The only problem with that is that the DJs talk all the time...makes the whole thing virtually unlistenable....the Bonn show audio (and naturally the dvd) are much much more enjoyable.

Possible setlist changes? I wouldn't hold my breath...if anything they'll drop a song or two maybe....hopefully not, but they have a long history in that.

4 October 2013 - Santiago, Chile
    6 October 2013 - La Plata, Argentina
    9 October 2013 - Porto Alegre, Brazil
    11 October 2013 - São Paulo, Brazil
    13 October 2013 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    15 October 2013 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    16 October 2013 - Lima, Perú (CANCELLED)
    19 October 2013 - Bogotá, Colombia
    22 October 2013 - San José, Costa Rica
    26 October 2013 - Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico

I'm from Ecuador and I'll travel to see them in Chile, the first date of the Tour and I'm a VIP, hopefully they'll make atleast a little change to the setlist, Megadeth will play between 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes, and Black Sabbath will play from 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours, so I don't think they'll drop any song.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Yeah, I heard it online and it was an awesome show, the Latin American crowds are insane in every country.
    Well, I'll bring you photos, videos and a review of the show in Chile.

I will be playing the lotto and i anticipate winning. and therefore i will be attending all SA Shows

To be honest, Im so fucking proud of the Chilean crowd at metal concert, Singing every fucking riff, Its just insane. I've seen crowds reaction of Canada, American And European audiences and are not quite the same, It's different between bands But, Here It Wont be possible to make a show with seat numbers and everyone in the proper place, Here, every show is chaotic, pretty unique.

I Remember I Talk with Canadians once, and people from England at the KISS concert in Chile, and they had traveled here just to see the show because they said, Here was crazier :D

Quote Originally Posted by -ECJM- View Post

Yeah, I heard it online and it was an awesome show, the Latin American crowds are insane in every country.
    Well, I'll bring you photos, videos and a review of the show in Chile.

ECJM, please record the audio too. The shows down there are hard to find. It's cool how his board has representatives from all over the globe.

ECJM, please record the audio too. The shows down there are hard to find. It's cool how his board has representatives from all over the globe.
    The best proof that Rock N Roll has no borders !

And the openning band will be Megadeth,what a great night with this two fuckin awesome concerts
    Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
    Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
    Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
    Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
    Ha Ha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by !Geezer. View Post
    And the openning band will be Megadeth,what a great night with this two fuckin awesome concerts
    Have a brilliant time !geezer!!!,

What shows are you going to?
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

There's little time leftfor October the 4th and there weird rumours everywhere!

Starting with Peru's show cancelled, There's a rumour of a possibility o the Argentina's show been cancelled too or it might beend moved to a smaller place

Also, because of the high sales here in Chile, T4F send a letter stating that the production and the band made a few adjustments to release more tickets for the PitcH (I Don't know the word, but I Think it might be that, it's the place where you can run right in front of the stage)

So, those tickets were sold out, Now there are more. There was supposed to be 45 thousands tickets. So it's gonna be a huge show

Now, there's a message from production that they won't allow any camera in the pitch. Wich is kind of weird
    And a rock radio, spread a rumour that's been already taken down from the internet, and the producers, I Think, that the show might be recorded

Any thoughts on these??

I'm pretty much Shocked, don't know what to believe, or think. I'd love to get this show recorded but...It's weird, all these rumours, and we're just a few days from the show.... Just weird

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Morthem View Post
    There's little time leftfor October the 4th and there weird rumours everywhere!

Starting with Peru's show cancelled, There's a rumour of a possibility o the Argentina's show been cancelled too or it might beend moved to a smaller place

Also, because of the high sales here in Chile, T4F send a letter stating that the production and the band made a few adjustments to release more tickets for the PitcH (I Don't know the word, but I Think it might be that, it's the place where you can run right in front of the stage)

So, those tickets were sold out, Now there are more. There was supposed to be 45 thousands tickets. So it's gonna be a huge show

Now, there's a message from production that they won't allow any camera in the pitch. Wich is kind of weird
    And a rock radio, spread a rumour that's been already taken down from the internet, and the producers, I Think, that the show might be recorded

Any thoughts on these??

I'm pretty much Shocked, don't know what to believe, or think. I'd love to get this show recorded but...It's weird, all these rumours, and we're just a few days from the show.... Just weird
    I would pay ZERO attention to the rumors!! Tommy Clufetos tweeted just last night about the tour starting Oct. 4th and mentioned that the preparation has already started for it.

I can't wait for it and I am NO WHERE near South America. haha....

No cameras allowed? Impossible to enforce. Good to hear Chile is sold out.
    No way they are cancelling Buenos Aires or moving it to a smaller venue. That is one of the largest cities in S.A. and tons of money to be made. It is also accross the bay from the Montevideo, Uruguay. This venue will sell out, I am sure of that.

About Peru, I'm not surprised about a cancelation there. Lima was not an intelligent place to book a gig.

The time does fly doesnt it. The south american tour starts in just 8 days. It seems like it was just yesterday when they ended the NA tour.

Time flies but I'm fucking nervous !!!!

About Buenos Aires. I'm not sure how the selling is doing, But the last we've heard is something of near 20 thousand tickets sold (Wich is not good for a show like Sabbath)

Let's hope for the best for everyone

Sad about Peru's people either way

No cameras allowed? Impossible to enforce.
    all cell phones have cameras now. Click away

Banned

No cameras allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    I'm sure they were talking about DSLRs...they are forbidden on most venues...unless you have a press pass.

Hey, photo cameras will be allowed in Chile

The problems in Argentina are because of the high prices of tickets, and for Perú, I'm not surprised too.

Tour starts in less than 10 days, and Megadeth is the opening act, maybe they'll jam Paranoid or Never Say Die! togethe, that would be huge!

About Peru, I'm not surprised about a cancelation there. Lima was not an intelligent place to book a gig.
    Why was this cancelled? Poor ticket sales?
    Do you believe a word what the good book says?
    Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

An Announce from Chile.

Regarding ticket sales (It was sold out in most places and pitch were only a few tickets left)

Sabbath production with t4f Agreed to change the stage to a different place in the stadium, allowing to have an even bigger audience.

It has caused a lot of problems to the people that have already bought the tickets but... I Hope everything turns out GREAT!

Everything else i get to know, I'll post it !

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
    Why was this cancelled? Poor ticket sales?
    Yeah, poor ticket sales because of the high prices (VIP pit ticket was more than 250 dollars), there are rumours that there are poor ticket sales in Argentina too because of the same thing.

In São Paulo, Brazil, 70.000 tickets sold. Sold out concert with high prices too.
    Porto Alegre is sold out, Rio is nearly sold out and Belo Horizonte have more than 20.000 tickets sold.
    In Argentina, I heard from some sources today that 40,000 tickets were sold. So I think sales are not bad.
    Yeah, poor ticket sales because of the high prices (VIP pit ticket was more than 250 dollars), there are rumours that there are poor ticket sales in Argentina too because of the same thing.

Banned

That is ridiculous...and someone dares so say they aren't touring for the money...If that would really be true tickets would cost 60$ max which would already cover the costs...

Don't be assholes, Black Sabbath doesn't ask that much money, The producers are the one who do it. T4F is a moneysuckers company, Here in Chile they have had lots and lots of legal problems

AAbout Argentina for what I've heard is that ticket sales weren't going good, last time I hear about numbers, they were 20.000 tickets

And Brazil has ALWAYS been a sold out rock concerts nation

They even got a largest open air audience, more than 100.000 for an concert in 1974 (Alice Cooper)
    They always do great in that stuff

I think that Black Sabbath demand fair prices. In contrast I was planning on going to see Tom Petty at the Air Canada Ctr. in Toronto but the tickets were over $300 each. That was non VIP.

I'm from Chile and even though the ticket sales have been incredibly successful, the production company sucks, they have unilaterally changed the conditions for the show a number of times in order to allow them cheaper costs and more sales. There are a LOT of unhappy fans. Of course nobody blames Sabbath but it has set an unprecedented problem in the industry.

Still, I'm absolutely crazy about this. I can't believe I'm actually going to see Sabbath rock out their classic songs. I do hope they change the setlist a little bit, just to be surprised, the last leg was awesome in terms of setlist IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    That is ridiculous...and someone dares so say they aren't touring for the money...If that would really be true tickets would cost 60$ max which would already cover the costs...
    THE PRICES TICKET PRICES IS NOT RELATED TO SABBATH! That is a thing of the producers of the concert, for example, in Colombia VIP its 190, Argentina its around 200 dollars

I think that Black Sabbath demand fair prices. In contrast I was planning on going to see Tom Petty at the Air Canada Ctr. in Toronto but the tickets were over $300 each. That was non VIP.
    I agree! All big name acts charge alot of money for tickets nowdays. If they did charge $60 dollars a ticket, scalpers would buy up the good seats and charge 4 times what they are worth. And the real fans wouldnt have a chance to buy them a face value.

I've always thought.... Don't complain about the prices! They are that high because of the people that allowed it.

Here in CHile At least, The Sabbath tickets' prices were really low, I was expecting to have to sell everything!

And about T4F, Transistor, and the producers They were born to be cold blooded lifesuckers bastards!!!

That is their obs (sadly)

[QUOTE=PageRank;343275]If you are going for vacations then south Africa is pretty choice.

Reason 1: South Africa and Cape Town continue to win major travel awards

This reason practically says it all. Travel critics have been heaping on the awards for South Africa and Cape Town as two of the world's best travel destinations. Here are just a few examples:

In 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Cape Town was ranked as one of the world's top-ten best cities to visit in Travel & Leisure's "World's Best Cities" List.
    Cape Town won the 2009 "Best Travel Destination in Africa and the Middle East" from Travel & Leisure for the eighth year running.
    South Africa was ranked by National Geographic Adventure as one of the top ten must-see destinations from 2005 to 2007.
    Cape Town was ranked number 5 by BBC on its "Top 50 Places to See Before You Die" List.
    At the 2009 World Travel Awards, South Africa won best holiday destination in Africa by taking home 18 of the 33 available African awards.
    At the 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 World Travel Awards Cape Town won "Africa's Leading Destination."
    Cape Town International Airport was voted Africa's Best Airport from 2005 to 2008 in the World Airport Awards.
    In 2009 Johannesburg's O.R.Tambo International Airport was ranked Africa's best airport.[/QUOTE

Is Black Sabbath touring in south africa? Maybe Sun City

What the fuck? Didn't understand the post. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Morthem View Post
    What the fuck? Didn't understand the post. Sorry
    Must be a South America thang
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Maybe a South African thing . I'm from South America (Chile) so I'd have understood it. But noup!

PS: Sabbath is on the way to Chile (at least Adam, Tony and Geezer)

They're already looking for A Veggie's place to eat :D

Does anyone have any reviews from tonights Chile show?