Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Exclamation What Black Sabbath did you listen to today?

Or Sabbath related for that matter. Whether it be just a song you heard on the radio or entire albums. Maybe there are playlists you made or even Sabbath related Dvds you watched.
    Today I listened to:

Paranoid
    Master Of Reality
    Headless Cross

I was at work and I got on a little Sabbath kick. Honestly? Headless Cross doesn't sound quite as good when it follows those two great albums.

If you didn't listen to any Sabbath today I really don't want to know about it but you can share that if you think it's funny even though it isn't, Thanks!!
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

After seeing the South Park-episode about Catholic priests i just had to hear Dear Father. Which also led to Age Of Reason... Not much of a story, but it's the GODDAMNED truth!!!
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    After seeing the South Park-episode about Catholic priests i just had to hear Dear Father. Which also led to Age Of Reason... Not much of a story, but it's the GODDAMNED truth!!!
    Good choices. Thanks for sharing. I Love Age Of Reason. Thank you for not lying to me. That would hurt me.

Today I listened to
    Master Of Reality
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    Today I listened to
    Master Of Reality
    That's crazy!! I listened to Master Of Reality as well!!! It's a small world.......

Today I listened to Technical Ecstasy and the beginning of Computer god when shit suddenly got hectic at work and I had to turn it off. Now I have moved on to something else, Might play 13.

Atom & Evil came on as I was doing some paperwork today. Had my media device on shuffle.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Today I listened to
    TYR
    Never Day Die

Mob Rules and Born Again.
    Including The Fallen. Which is a better song than many on a lot of Sabbath albums. How could somebody not fuckin like the Fallen??

Sabotage

OzzFest 2001, Atlanta Georgia, July 7th, boot CD.

Reunion

I'm addicted to Sabbath!

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Mob Rules and Born Again.
    Including The Fallen. Which is a better song than many on a lot of Sabbath albums. How could somebody not fuckin like the Fallen??
    Born Again is one of my favorite albums, The Fallen is superb.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Born Again is a high point for Music in general!!! Thanks for Sharing Brotha!!!

Born Again is a high point for Music in general!!! Thanks for Sharing Brotha!!!
    Zero The Hero is one of my all time favorite Sabbath songs.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Zeitgeist only today, just something so pure and humble about ozzy's voice for me in this song. Definantly in my top 5 ozzy sabbath vocal performances.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Zeitgeist only today, just something so pure and humble about ozzy's voice for me in this song. Definantly in my top 5 ozzy sabbath vocal performances.
    There is something really personal about That one, like he's singing it to the listener, your pm box is full man.

There is something really personal about That one, like he's singing it to the listener, your pm box is full man.
    Again! Emptying my load now bud.

Edit - there's also a fragility to his voice that I've never heard from ozz before,
    I know a few don't like this one but I fking love it!!
    Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 11-01-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Again! Emptying my load now bud.

Edit - there's also a fragility to his voice that I've never heard from ozz before,
    I know a few don't like this one but I fking love it!!
    Can't keep them all happy. God Is Dead is , BY FAR, my least fave. Other that that one being waaaay too long and sadly placed after the 9 minute opener the album is almost too good to be true.
    Listening to Never Say Die right now. Juniors Eyes to be exact. Simply one of the best songs I have ever heard. I love this album. It's easily one of my faves.

Can't keep them all happy. God Is Dead is , BY FAR, my least fave. Other that that one being waaaay too long and sadly placed after the 9 minute opener the album is almost too good to be true.
    Listening to Never Say Die right now. Juniors Eyes to be exact. Simply one of the best songs I have ever heard. I love this album. It's easily one of my faves.
    God is dead! Would of made a better six min song I reckon or placed elsewhere on the album but I still like it!,
    Top 5 now prob go...
    Age of reason
    Zeitgeist
    Dear father
    Damaged soul
    End of the beginning
    In that order!

Listening to Never Say Die right now. I love this album. It's easily one of my faves.

Yeah it is unreal, Ozzy sounds so strong and the band is tight. My third favorite of the original 8 just behind Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage.

Today I listened to

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Paranoid
    Master Of Reality
    Vol 4

The Earth Demos.

Master Of Reality with my gf on the way to the swap meet which lead me to go to this record store in San Diego where I scored a CLEAN Seventh Star on vinyl for 10 bucks.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

The Devil You Know

It's been a rough day on the Sabbath front. Only got to listen to Technical Ecstasy up until "Rock n Roll Doctor" where I had to stop, and then it didn't feel right to continue later so I just skipped Sabbath for the rest of the day. Already throwing around some ideas for albums to play tomorrow... Has been a while since I visited the magical realm of Never Say Die... or maybe Mob Rules... I guess I'll flip a coin or something...
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Reading the Psychophobia thread ealier inspired me to listen to Cross Purposes. Not that I need much of an excuse as it's one of my favourite Sabbath albums
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by devstorm View Post
    Atom & Evil came on as I was doing some paperwork today. Had my media device on shuffle.
    Not sabbath

Just listened to Iron Man, on Q104.3 New York Classic Rock, Radio!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    Not sabbath
    Or Sabbath related for that matter.

As for myself; GZR - Catatonic Eclipse
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Holy Diver - Dio

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    Not sabbath
    It is as far as I'm concerned. Speaking of NOT Sabbath I listened to
    Black Sabbath Featuring Tony Iommi - Seventh Star
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath-full album
    The Eternal Idol ( Ray Gillan version)
    Tony Iommi-Fused

Fused is slowly growing on me more and more. I have a hard time with Glen Hughes sometimes so it's taking like a fuckin' decade for me to start liking it.

Fused is slowly growing on me more and more. I have a hard time with Glen Hughes sometimes so it's taking like a fuckin' decade for me to start liking it.
    I bought a promo copy back when it came out & realized maybe 2 years later I'd only heard it once. After I fixed that, I took to it in minutes. Its another in a long list of Iommi favorites. His multi-singer Solo debut is secondary to that one for me. The riffs kill me. Great production as well. Glenns voice is rather commercial but so friggin what!!... the riffs \M/ \M/
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

I listened to

No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne
    Live At Last - Black Sabbath

Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know, I love this album from beginning to end.

Nothing today, listened to some Damned instead.

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    Damn you man! Just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    I listened to Machine Gun Etiquette AND Strawberries because the Damned are one of my favorite all time bands.
    Anyways Sabbathwise it was:
    Eternal Idol_ Ray Gillan version again!!( The Martin version is one of my favorite albums but Ray has some moments)
    Ray Rules bootleg live set.
    Ray had an amazing voice but I'm glad he left the band. His pretty boy crisp and clean octaves were very inappropriate for Sabbath and Tony sounded sloppy on this set. Maybe he knew what he was doing with Ray wasn't quite right. Maybe he was just fucked up really bad on coke and booze.That being said the sound quality was waaay better on this show than it is on the one included on the Seventh Star deluxe....go figure. I wouldn't recommend those Sabbath deluxe editions to anybody but the most serious fans. They are shit products and a total fuckin rip off. I have most of them regardless.

I wouldn't recommend those Sabbath deluxe editions to anybody but the most serious fans. They are shit products and a total fuckin rip off. I have most of them regardless.
    'Cause you're a most serious fan, i take it?

I listened to Machine Gun Etiquette AND Strawberries because the Damned are one of my favorite all time bands.
    Nice to know there are some fellow Damned fans on the site, joint 2nd favourite band. Listened to the Damned again, this time Machine Gun Etiquette and Phatasmagoria (yesterday it was the two recent(-ish) albums Grave Disorder and So, Who's Paranoid)

Back on topic: Air Dance, Bible Black, Die Young, Fairies Wear Boots and Falling Off The Edge Of The World.

Mob Rules [Full CD] How awesome is Falling Off The Edge Of The World and Over And Over?

Heaven And Hell [Full CD]

Today I again listened to
    13 [Full Album]
    ...and then

Dehumanizer [Full Album]
    The Devil You Know [Full Album]