28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ozzy Osbourne

21 75.00%
  • Ian Gillan

2 7.14%
  • Tony Martin

5 17.86%

Default Who Would You Like to Front Sabbath If They Did A New Album

If Sabbath Did Decide to go back into the Studio and Create another Album, who would you like to Front the Band and why?

I'd honestly would like Tony Martin Back, as I would love the band to correct the TM Era and feel they finished on a high as we all know they hated "Forbidden" kinda like "13" they were very happy about "13" and felt they rectified the Ozzy Era after the last album being "Never Say Die" which was an album the band wasn't overly joyed about.

So yeah I would want that, HOWEVER! Another Ozzy Era Album would be most welcomed too! And if they do make another album, Bill Ward on Drums :p and if not Bill then firstly the band should try and get the other Ex Sabbath Drummers Vinny Appice or Bobby Rondinelli. SHOULD all that fail then Tommy Clufetos on Drums I thought he done really well when I watched "Gathered In Their Masses" and also because make it up to him as he was supposed to be The drummer anyway for the album according to Ozzy, but Rubin didn't want him for some reason as Rubin thought Brad Wilk was a close comparison on Bill Ward.

Anyway deviating off topic yeah Tony Martin I would love back, but a Ozzy Albumwould love too.

The only singer they will ever go out as BS with is Ozzy, the former revolving door has bene closed and sealed by a court order... but either way, It's Ozzy for me... and probably 99.9% of the masses...gathered...

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Ozzy, no doubt. And Gillan as a special guest...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

As mentioned, it couldn't legally be Sabbath without Ozzy. But new music with either of the other two under whatever name would be interesting. The only fly in the ointment might be if they recorded a few additional tracks for the "Martin Years Box Set" how would they be presented?

And Billy, the only Special Guest allowed is Justin Bieber ...!
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    The only singer they will ever go out as BS with is Ozzy, the former revolving door has bene closed and sealed by a court order... but either way, It's Ozzy for me... and probably 99.9% of the masses...gathered...
    This ^. And of course, Ozzy is my first choice. The other option that I would find intriguing, if legalities were not an issue, is an album with Martin, and an album with Gillan. The end result would be that the Sabbath catalogue had been reprised by an album from each of the 4 frontmen, excluding all the others who stood in for a day or two.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Yeah Ozz of course but a Tony solo project with some old singers would be interesting. How about some other singers who never recorded with Tony? Halford maybe? Maybe some younger guys like the guys from Mastodon. I'm not sure but new is always good. I'm not sure why we have to only think of Iommi working with Martin or Gillan. I think we need to remember that Sabbath is top shelf these days. Who's to say Iommi couldn't work with another star from the 70s? I can't think of any offhand that would fit but when I see Ozzy hanging out with Elton John and Paul McCartney or Tony chilling with Rick Wakeman or Metallica it just looks and feels right. These guys are on the same level as far as being legends. A collaboration with Tony Martin wouldn't even hit my radar personally because I'm just not interested in Tony Martin as a person. The only notoriety that he possesses is all based on the fact that the God who is Tony Iommi took a chance on him when things were at their worst. And instead of rising from the ashes like a Phoenix, Sabbath just slowly died out leaving a sulphurous stink (not Martin's fault exactly but he didn't save them like Dio did). No one outside the hardcore Sabbath freaks even know who he is.

Sorry to rant about Tony Martin guys! I know that he is appreciated around here and for what it is, its not bad. I just think that Sabbath's legendary status elevates them above these sort of collaborations now.

I wouldn't mind a Tony Martin fronted Iommi band because with Martin, they could do alot of the Dio era catalog... but I don't see too much happening outside the original 3 (or 4 ...) at this point in their lives... they are in their mid to later 60's now... side projects and solo albums seem to some degree, a waste of time they don't necessarily have...

Zombie James Dio

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post

And Billy, the only Special Guest allowed is Justin Bieber ...!
    Oh my.....
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

I picked Ozzy, I'm not interested in anything else or anyone else fronting Sabbath, but Ozzy.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Ozzy Osbourne
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Ozzy Osbourne

Ozzy for sure.
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Speaking as a massive fan of the RJD era... Ozzy.
    Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Tony Martin smelled a beer cap once

Quote Originally Posted by OIM View Post
    Tony Martin smelled a beer cap once
    This morning , right? That's what he was talking about on Facebook I bet.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Ozzy would back the band. Tony Martin would front it. And Ian would scream at the both of them,
    Pain and Poison Roses

Ozzy is Black Sabbath's singer. Having lived through the long, slow, embarrassing and disappointing years of poor albums and empty venues it's time to appreciate what we've got.

If they did another album with Gillan it would probably be much lighter in tone than the brilliant Born Again, listen to the redone Trashed, don't fancy that stuff much.

Tony Martin? Aye, good luck with that.

It can only be Ozzy.

Nice to see Mr Martin getting a little love though. He is a really cool guy if you ask me. He's just not Ozzy.

I wish the Born Again lineup had given us more songs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    It can only be Ozzy.
    Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    It can only be Ozzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OIM View Post
    Quoted for truth
    Double quoted for truth.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    I wish the Born Again lineup had given us more songs.
    Yeah, at that time when Gillen had THAT voice. I love Gillen, he's fantastic but I don't think the Whocares stuff came remotely close to the Born Again stuff........

Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    Yeah, at that time when Gillen had THAT voice. I love Gillen, he's fantastic but I don't think the Whocares stuff came remotely close to the Born Again stuff........
    Yeah, I agree...and that's what I meant by that too.

Well since Dio is dead It would have to be Ozzy.