Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by OIM View Post
    You quoted a post about Wicked world. I guess it was a non sequitur
    OIM, if I may. I believe Wicked Cricket was jokingly suggesting that (in relation to MikeTX's post that suggests they open with Wicked World) they open with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. I don't believe he was casting doubt on Ozzy's ability to pull off Wicked World, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    OIM, if I may. I believe Wicked Cricket was jokingly suggesting that (in relation to MikeTX's post that suggests they open with Wicked World) they open with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. I don't believe he was casting doubt on Ozzy's ability to pull off Wicked World, at all.
    Yes exactly SS... thx and I did learn a new word today
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    I didn't think so either.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Yea I was just saying wouldn't it be great to hear those crushing opening chords to SBS even if it meant Ozzy would have ot lip sink it... it's hard to imagine any other song to open with than War Pigs, though they often did open with other songs, in fact I saw them open with Killing Yourself To Live on the Sabotage tour and Children Of The Grave on another...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Yea I was just saying wouldn't it be great to hear those crushing opening chords to SBS even if it meant Ozzy would have ot lip sink it... it's hard to imagine any other song to open with than War Pigs, though they often did open with other songs, in fact I saw them open with Killing Yourself To Live on the Sabotage tour and Children Of The Grave on another...
    He wouldn't have to lip sync it.

I was watching Comcast On Demand and I notice they have Black Sabbath "Never Say Die" (from Top of the Pops) in rotation now. Pretty odd to see it there, wonder if the band's management is trying to telegraph something or if they're trying to gauge popularity. I don't think songs just magically appear on Comcast; I think there's quite a bit of decision-making involved. But anyway, if the band is planning to play "NSD" that would be a good way to introduce it a few months in advance, since there's a ton of fans that don't know that song at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultet View Post
    I was watching Comcast On Demand and I notice they have Black Sabbath "Never Say Die" (from Top of the Pops) in rotation now. Pretty odd to see it there, wonder if the band's management is trying to telegraph something or if they're trying to gauge popularity. I don't think songs just magically appear on Comcast; I think there's quite a bit of decision-making involved. But anyway, if the band is planning to play "NSD" that would be a good way to introduce it a few months in advance, since there's a ton of fans that don't know that song at all.
    There aren't many clips of the band out there and NSD from TOTP one of the bigger ones. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I have some access into the inner circles of the Sab's management and succeeded to get a hold of the 100% confirmed setlist for the final tour. You read it here first, people!

1) Hole in the Sky
    2) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    3) God is Dead
    4) Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener
    5) Wicked World / Ward drum solo / Sometimes I'm Happy
    6) Hand of Doom
    7) Symptom of the Universe
    8) Junior's Eyes
    9) Age of Reason
    10) Lord of this World
    11) A National Acrobat
    12) Under the Sun
    13) Black Sabbath

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheSun View Post
    I have some access into the inner circles of the Sab's management and succeeded to get a hold of the 100% confirmed setlist for the final tour. You read it here first, people!

1) Hole in the Sky
    2) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    3) God is Dead
    4) Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener
    5) Wicked World / Ward drum solo / Sometimes I'm Happy
    6) Hand of Doom
    7) Symptom of the Universe
    8) Junior's Eyes
    9) Age of Reason
    10) Lord of this World
    11) A National Acrobat
    12) Under the Sun
    13) Black Sabbath
    I think this is a terrific setlist. But if this is correct, then how can there be
    a 'Ward drum solo' in #5? Are you saying Bill Ward will be there?
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I think this is a terrific setlist. But if this is correct, then how can there be
    a 'Ward drum solo' in #5? Are you saying Bill Ward will be there?
    I'm sorry, I guess irony doesn't translate well through text. That is NOT the official setlist but rather something I dreamed up right now. I agree it'd be awesome though.

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheSun View Post
    I'm sorry, I guess irony doesn't translate well through text. That is NOT the official setlist but rather something I dreamed up right now. I agree it'd be awesome though.
    I did have my doubts about it, and not being very familiar with your
    personality as a poster, I wasn't sure what to think. No harm, no foul, buddy.

A setlist I'd love to see is this;

1. After Forever
    2. Symptom of the Universe
    3. Planet Caravan
    4. Wicked World
    5. A National Acrobat
    6. The Straightener {instrumental}
    7. Sweet Leaf
    8. Tomorrow's Dream
    9. Never Say Die
    10. Back Street Kids
    11. Killing Yourself to Live
    12. Lord of This World
    13. Megalomania
    14. War Pigs
    15. Hole In The Sky
    16. Electric Funeral
    17. Heaven & Hell {RJD tribute}
    18. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    19. Children of the Grave

...I know it won't happen, but still haha.
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

I had a dream some time ago that I was at Sabbath's Helsinki show, and they started playing Children Of The Sea with Ozzy singing
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    It would be cool for them to open up with Never Say Die! that would be awesome.
    I'd like to see them finish with Never Say Die. My ideal setlist that Oz might be capable of (NSD and a few others are iffy):

Iron Man
    A National Acrobat
    Into the Void
    Dirty Women
    Black Sabbath
    Hand of Doom
    Cornucopia
    The Wizard
    Supernaut/Orchid/SBS/Rat Salad/Symptom of the Universe/Straightener (instrumental medley)
    Snowblind
    War Pigs
    God is Dead?
    Paranoid
    Wicked World
    Children of the Grave
    Never Say Die!
    Last edited by Woodythewino; 01-09-2016 at 04:43 PM.

They should start rehearsals for the tour pretty soon.

I happen to see this today on the internet, in regards to War and probably related to the Terrorism bombings, but Sir Winston Churchill said it when England was at War with Germany...

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
    Sir Winston Churchill, Speech in November 1942
    R. Blackmore

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
    I had a dream some time ago that I was at Sabbath's Helsinki show, and they started playing Children Of The Sea with Ozzy singing
    Well that must have turned into a nightmare pretty fast!

I'm really hoping they'd FINALLY bring Wicked World to the set...it's an easy one to sing, so Ozzy shouldn't struggle too much with it.

I can't see them doing much anything post Vol4 though as there is no way Ozzy could pull them off....well part from Dirty Women which has become something of a staple, which I don't really understand. Tony's solo at the end is pretty much the only good thing about that song.

Sabbra Cadabra would be nice to hear but I seriously doubt it would ever happen.

Setlist could very well be something like this:

Black Sabbath
    Behind The Wall Of Sleep
    N.I.B.
    Lord Of This World
    End Of The Beginning
    Into The Void
    Electric Funeral
    Unreleased Song from 13 (I would imagine they'd do one of the 4)
    War Pigs
    Drum Solo (Instrumentals, Symptom, Supernaut [I do hold out a dream that they'd do the whole song but it'll never happen either])
    Iron Man
    Age Of Reason
    Snowblind (yuck but they're not gonna leave it out )
    Wicked World w/ Guitar Solo
    Under The Sun
    Children Of The Grave

Paranoid w/ Heaven And Hell Intro (yeah yeah one can dream, but most likely it will be with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath Intro)
    Dear Father (Won't happen either but it would kind of be cool if they'd start the show with church bells and end the show with church bells)

The core of the set is there atleast...sadly they might also replace Age Of Reason with God Is Dead which would be a travesty to say the least.

I'm pretty sure they'd bring one rarity back in to the set and frankly there aren't a whole lot of options considering what Ozzy could pull off now...thus I'm putting my faith into Wicked World.

I happen to see this today on the internet, in regards to War and probably related to the Terrorism bombings, but Sir Winston Churchill said it when England was at War with Germany... "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Sir Winston Churchill, Speech in November 1942
    Why the double post?

Too bad because of it now being Ozzy there won't be any HOH songs.

I happen to see this today on the internet, in regards to War and probably related to the Terrorism bombings, but Sir Winston Churchill said it when England was at War with Germany...

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
    Sir Winston Churchill, Speech in November 1942

"The End of the Beginning" is also a Pink Floyd song from there "The Man and the Journey" suite that they performed across Europe in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzfloyd View Post
    "The End of the Beginning" is also a Pink Floyd song from there "The Man and the Journey" suite that they performed across Europe in 1969.
    Interesting...Churchill was a great leader
    R. Blackmore

Wouldn't opening (or especially closing) with "Never Say Die" be sweet and prophetic?

Kinda like saying, we're gone but we won't be forgotten and thanks to the fans.

It's not an easy tune for Ozzy to sing but he did it so damn well on Speak of the Devil in 1982 which to my knowledge, is the last time it was played.

"Never Say Die" is the band's second-biggest single and it would be killer to hear. Now, Ozzy can't sing like he did in 1982 (I think that became obvious as soon as 1983!), but I'd just love that one song along with whatever else they play, no matter how sick I am of the big hitters.

It's my only request (not that I wouldn't love hearing "Back Street Kids", "Supernaut", "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath", "Hole in the Sky", etc.)!

Quote Originally Posted by chudbeagle View Post
    Wouldn't opening (or especially closing) with "Never Say Die" be sweet and prophetic?

It's not an easy tune for Ozzy to sing but he did it so damn well on Speak of the Devil in 1982 which to my knowledge, is the last time it was played.

"Never Say Die" is the band's second-biggest single and it would be killer to hear. Now, Ozzy can't sing like he did in 1982 (I think that became obvious as soon as 1983!), but I'd just love that one song along with whatever else they play, no matter how sick I am of the big hitters.

It's my only request (not that I wouldn't love hearing "Back Street Kids", "Supernaut", "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath", "Hole in the Sky", etc.)!
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by chudbeagle View Post

I think it's the perfect closer (see my proposed setlist above)...I wonder why they never used it as such. I just hope it's anything but Paranoid (great song, but a bit anticlimactic after being the encore for all these years). A surprise would be nice....maybe switch it up at different shows.
    Last edited by Woodythewino; 11-23-2015 at 05:12 PM.

I imagine maybe one song at most that hasn't been played recently. But the rest of the set will be the usual tracks.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Tony said he wanted to pick some songs that were rarely played; fingers crossed they cover every album with Ozzy. The Priest touched on all of theirs on the Epitaph tour (which was supposed to be their swan song) including Rocka Rolla!
    Last edited by Woodythewino; 12-29-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post
    Tony said they want to bring out some rarer songs in addition to the fan favorites.

Well, what really qualifies as rare?

I've gone through and looked at the songs they've played since the reunion started, finding out which songs are due for a comeback, which songs are likely to get dropped and which songs are going to be around to the very end. I'm ignoring things like instrumentals (Orchid, Embryo, etc) since they're usually paired to another song or not played at all. I'm also ignoring 13 since it's only been around for one tour.

Songs that are always on the set:
    Black Sabbath
    War Pigs
    Paranoid
    Iron Man
    Children of the Grave
    Into the Void

We all know these songs will be on the End setlist.

Songs that have been on almost every set:
    N.I.B.
    Fairies Wear Boots
    Snowblind

N.I.B and Snowblind weren't regulars in 1997, although they were played, but have been on the set from 1998 onwards. Fairies was only played at two dates in 2001 but aside from that has been steady.

These three are extremely likely to be on the End set as well.

Songs that have been on several sets
    Dirty Women
    Sweet Leaf
    Electric Funeral

Dirty Women was a staple of the 13 tour and was also played during Ozzfest 2005 and the 1999 tour. Aside from the instrumental at Ozzfest 2005, Sweet Leaf hasn't been a staple of the set since 1999, only making sporadic appearances in 2004 and 2012. Electric Funeral was played during 2012 and 2013 but was dropped early in the 13 tour.

Songs that are only on a few sets
    The Wizard
    Behind the Wall of Sleep
    After Forever
    Lord of this World
    Under the Sun
    Spiral Architect

The Wizard was popular in 2001 and 2005 and was played in 2012 as well. Behind the Wall of Sleep was played at a few dates in 1997 before reappearing 15 years later in 2012, hanging around for the 13 tour. Under the Sun was played briefly in 2001 (the same two dates where Fairies Wear Boots was played) before coming back in 2012. Lord of this World was only a staple in 1998 and hasn't been heard from since, as was Spiral Architect. After Forever was played on the 1999 and 2005 tours.

Songs that have only been played sporadically
    Sleeping Village
    Wheels of Confusion
    Tomorrow's Dream
    Supernaut
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Killing Yourself to Live
    Symptom of the Universe

Sleeping Village was played as an intro to Children of the Grave at Ozzfest 2005, replacing Embryo. Wheels of Confusion and Tomorrow's Dream were played in 2012 but were left off the 13 tour. Supernaut and Symptom of the Universe have been played as instrumentals at various times, including the 13 tour. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was played in the late 90s but it was never a mainstay due to Ozzy's vocal struggles and now exists only as an intro to Paranoid. Killing Yourself to Live was played once in 1998 (Ozzy handled it surprisingly well).

Songs that never left the 70s
    Wicked World
    Warning
    Evil Woman
    Planet Caravan
    Hand of Doom
    Changes
    Cornucopia
    A National Acrobat
    Sabbra Cadabra
    Hole in the Sky
    Megalomania
    Back Street Kids
    Gypsy
    All Moving Parts
    Rock N' Roll Doctor
    Never Say Die

Wicked World was a jam centerpiece of many early sets. Warning and Evil Woman were played very early on only. Hand of Doom was common on early sets but Planet Caravan was played only once. Changes was very rare as well. Cornucopia appeared on a few tours in the mid 70s. A National Acrobat was very rare but Sabbra Cadabra was on a few tours. Hole in the Sky and Megalomania never made it past the Sabotage tour. Back Street Kids and All Moving Parts didn't get so much play but Gypsy and Rock N' Roll Doctor were popular in the end days. Never Say Die was naturally only on the Never Say Die tour.

Songs that were never played... ever
    Solitude
    St. Vitus Dance
    Who Are You?
    Looking For Today
    Thrill of it All
    Am I Going Insane?
    The Writ
    You Won't Change Me
    She's Gone (I assume)
    The rest of Never Say Die

A lot of these are no surprises, although I'd have thought they'd play more than one NSD song on the tour.

So what does it all mean?

Well, assuming Sabbath structures their set (90~ minutes of songs plus an instrumental/drum solo), which I think is likely considering how well it worked,

This is my guess at the set (out of order):

Black Sabbath
    The Wizard
    N.I.B.
    War Pigs
    Paranoid
    Iron Man
    Electric Funeral
    Hand of Doom
    Fairies Wear Boots
    Sweet Leaf
    Children of the Grave
    Into the Void
    Tomorrow's Dream
    Snowblind
    God Is Dead

This is pretty conservative, which I think makes it more likely. The only real stunner is Hand of Doom which would be making its first live appearance in 45 years or so. It and Planet Caravan are the only songs off Paranoid they haven't played since they reunited so I think it's overdue. Everything else was performed at the O2 Academy show, save for God Is Dead, but didn't make it to the actual tour. They might play more 13 songs or different songs from that album but I have a feeling they'll keep it to their big new single and save the rest of the set for the old stuff.

Well thats my guess anyway. What about you guys?
    You're pretty spot on so far!
    Ernie the Embryo

Quote Originally Posted by Woodythewino View Post
    You're pretty spot on so far!
    I was wrong about a few but I'm glad I was right about Hand of Doom being one of the 70s gems they're digging up.

Accounting for a drum solo (and assuming Children of the Grave and Iron Man are on the set) right now they're hanging at around 80 minutes of music. Theres probably another 20 or so on the set based on the 13 tour.

Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post
    I was wrong about a few but I'm glad I was right about Hand of Doom being one of the 70s gems they're digging up.

Accounting for a drum solo (and assuming Children of the Grave and Iron Man are on the set) right now they're hanging at around 80 minutes of music. Theres probably another 20 or so on the set based on the 13 tour.
    I just want to hear something from each album. Maybe Oz can alter a few to suit his range.
    Ernie the Embryo