Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default TM on working with Iommi again

Tony Martin responded to a Facebook post and said he was contacted about recording some new songs and doing some shows to support the re-release of his BS albums. Which he then answered Iommi's management that he was up for it. Things haven't progressed much beyond that at this moment. But TM noted that Geoff Nicholls just told him Iommi was just so busy at this particular time.
    Pain and Poison Roses

This is amazing news. Thanks Edtrader. You made my day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it'll be nearly a frosty day in hell before we see it.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Banned

Holy shit ...

I wasn't expecting this. So this means new songs with Martin under the Black Sabbath name? Wonder how that flies with the Ozzbournes.

Of course plans like these might not happen in the end, but damn good news, thanks Edtrader.

I would be intersted to know when the discussion took place as Iommi has been very busy since 2011!

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in 2017 but I don't think a new album would use the Black Sabbath name. But the remastered albums with some new tracks would probably be as Sabbath.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Banned

...And then he woke up

Banned

Good to hear something's finally happening regarding those TM era albums. If they'd actually do the "Dio Years" thing with Martin as well with new songs that would just be about the most awesome thing since the Dio years compilation!

But in truth it would be 2017 before anything would happen as 2016 they're on the road. But after that is done I can easily see this happening. Tony said he has written a lot of new music that he wanted to release with Sabbath so if not with the Ozzy fronted version then with Tony Martin. As far as doing shows...I seriously doubt that, but yes it would most certainly be pretty incredible.

Banned

The sour note here (apart from this possibly not happening) is how Iommi works. So he ignores the guy for decades and then contacts him out of the blue when he has some work to be done. Talk about an employee agency mentality. You almost wish Martin would have said 'you what? ha ha ha' and closed his email browser.

The problem with TM is his live voice today is less than stellar. TM did also say they didn't get back in touch with him.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    The problem with TM is his live voice today is less than stellar. TM did also say they didn't get back in touch with him.
    Well I don't know, I've seen some videos of him preforming and he's pretty damn good.

Like this one with Sebastien:

Sure he doesn't sound like he did back in 1989, but who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    ...And then he woke up
    fuck I laughed hard at that! Cheers JtS!!!!
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    I would be intersted to know when the discussion took place as Iommi has been very busy since 2011!

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in 2017 but I don't think a new album would use the Black Sabbath name. But the remastered albums with some new tracks would probably be as Sabbath.
    I'm kinda hoping Iommi will decide to just screw it and continue using the Sabbath name while he's still healthy. Even EP releases or just a song here and there using Gillan and others. Iommi solo projects just don't have that same pizzazz.

You don't "use" the Sabbath name for your own personal benefit... that isn't going to happen anyway, Iommi would never be that crass or stoop that low... besides, thats all been settled out of court.. done deal. that said, T. Martin's live performance band and all sounded great!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    You don't "use" the Sabbath name for your own personal benefit...
    You're right there. It's just that I'd like to see the Sabbath band around with Iommi and other singers.

Whatever Tony does with his new riffs/songs I hope he gets Bill Ward to play drums for those songs....

and Tony could and should hire a better singer than Tony Martin... and let Bill sing a song or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
    You're right there. It's just that I'd like to see the Sabbath band around with Iommi and other singers.
    I'd like that too, but it won't be called BS...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I'd like that too, but it won't be called BS...
    Actually in this case it will/would be , the legal side of things has no control over repackaged material .... that is the center piece here , and it is as fantastic an idea as one could hope for ,,, if they follow through on this is an entirely different story , there was small rumblings of this a while back.

For myself anyway , I would be as over the top excited as I was for Sabbath's reunion with the other 4 lead vocalist .... Fused , Dio Years / Devil you Know , Who Cares and 13 - and the material at this stage in Iommi's career would be such a treat to hear , love Martin and those 5 albums - just excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Well I don't know, I've seen some videos of him preforming and he's pretty damn good. Sure he doesn't sound like he did back in 1989, but who does?
    But that video was touched up. Go watch the audience film of that song.
    Pain and Poison Roses

If they'd actually do the "Dio Years" thing with Martin as well with new songs that would just be about the most awesome thing since the Dio years compilation!
    I can see your point 'Charger'. First, Warner/Rhino can release a newly remastered compilation entitled 'Black Sabbath:The OTHER Years' (...) as a "teaser" prior to the re-release of the CDs. That way they can include tracks from 'Born Again' and 'Seventh Star' ( the latter already re-released ) as well. Good way to "test the waters", if you will. If new material emerges with Martin somewhere down the line, rest assured it won't be called Black Sabbath. I don't see Tony making that mistake again,truth be told ()! And rightly so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    I can see your point 'Charger'. First, Warner/Rhino can release a newly remastered compilation entitled 'Black Sabbath:The OTHER Years' (...) as a "teaser" prior to the re-release of the CDs. That way they can include tracks from 'Born Again' and 'Seventh Star' ( the latter already re-released ) as well. Good way to "test the waters", if you will. If new material emerges with Martin somewhere down the line, rest assured it won't be called Black Sabbath. I don't see Tony making that mistake again,truth be told ()! And rightly so.
    Potentially true. However I doubt they'd release anything from Born Again or Seventh Star again since those were already relased as Deluxe Editions...same with Eternal Idol. So if there would be a collection coming it would probably be tracks from Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, Live and Forbidden...and here's the possibility of doing new tracks just like on the Dio Years collection so then yes it would be under the Black Sabbath name. But if they'd do a whole album (which I seriously doubt) then that would be under a different name...Headless Cross perhaps (although I believe there already is a band by that name).

And if by some miracle they'd do some live shows again (which I doubt more than anything) those wouldn't be under the Black Sabbath name either.

But ofcourse if this all about the Deluxe Editions those would ofcourse be under the Black Sabbath name.

Potentially true. However I doubt they'd release anything from Born Again or Seventh Star again since those were already released as Deluxe Editions...same with Eternal Idol. So if there would be a collection coming it would probably be tracks from Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, Live and Forbidden...and here's the possibility of doing new tracks just like on the Dio Years collection so then yes it would be under the Black Sabbath name. But if they'd do a whole album (which I seriously doubt) then that would be under a different name...Headless Cross perhaps (although I believe there already is a band by that name).

And if by some miracle they'd do some live shows again (which I doubt more than anything) those wouldn't be under the Black Sabbath name either.

But of course if this all about the Deluxe Editions those would of course be under the Black Sabbath name.
    To clarify 'Charger' I was referring to 'Born Again' being released on CD in the U.S. for the first time like 'Seventh Star' is now. I'm sure you're aware that the Deluxe Editions you referred to are only available domestically as imports. Thanks for responding. Respect ( ).

This honestly wouldn't surprise me. Could this be a continuation of Black Sabbath? If so, I am really excited. Probably, he will do what he wanted to do all through the 80s- Change the band name. Really, Tony and Tony can be considered Black Sabbath, even though the name may not be Black Sabbath.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

They could call the band T&T .

Banned

Tony Martin
    Tony Iommi
    Neil Murray
    Bobby Rondinelli

We haven't had that line up yet.

Possible band names:

The Shining
    Headless Cross
    Sabbath Stones
    Seventh Star

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    To clarify 'Charger' I was referring to 'Born Again' being released on CD in the U.S. for the first time like 'Seventh Star' is now. I'm sure you're aware that the Deluxe Editions you referred to are only available domestically as imports. Thanks for responding. Respect ( ).
    Alright. Couldn't possibly know that as there's no location in your information.

Tony Martin
    Tony Iommi
    Neil Murray
    Bobby Rondinelli

We haven't had that line up yet.

Possible band names:

The Shining
    Headless Cross
    Sabbath Stones
    Seventh Star

Yes we did. The Forbidden tour after Cozy left.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Possible band names:

The Shining
    Headless Cross
    Sabbath Stones
    Seventh Star
    "Ancient Warriors"
    "Rusty Angels"
    "The Law Makers" ("The Lore Makers" even)
    Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 12-02-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

I'd love to see Iommi work with Martin again, but IMO the Black Sabbath name should end with the upcoming tour. They've come full circle now, to a final album and a last, farewell tour.

I'm looking forward to seeing what solo projects come from the Iommi camp and something with Tony Martin on board would be great.
    Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Banned

I'd much prefer he worked with Glenn Hughes again or did another solo album with guest vocalist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    "Ancient Warriors"
    "Rusty Angels"
    "The Law Makers" ("The Lore Makers" even)
    That's great! You know all three of those passed through my mind including Rusty Angels, but somehow i thought it might be considered weird choices. Eternal Idol is one more.

Banned

Yes we did. The Forbidden tour after Cozy left.

Oh ok, cool.

Oh ok, cool.
    Sin I know the Martin era is your favorite, just curious to know what you think about Forbidden?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Sin I know the Martin era is your favorite, just curious to know what you think about Forbidden?
    It's an excellent album. Atleast 3/4ths of it I've listened to a great deal.

It's an excellent album. Atleast 3/4ths of it I've listened to a great deal.
    You don't listen to the whole album?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    I'd much prefer he worked with Glenn Hughes again or did another solo album with guest vocalist.
    Yeah me too, a whole album with Ian Gillan would be cool.

PS that performance of Headless Cross with Sebastien was cool.
    Last edited by Wheels Of Confusion; 12-04-2015 at 10:19 PM.

I'd like to see Tony Iommi work with Bruce Dickinson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    You don't listen to the whole album?
    Yes I do. I come back to some songs more than others since I'm not much of an album guy these days. Kiss of Death, Rusty Angels, Sick and Tired are the ones I like most.

Yes I do. I come back to some songs more than others since I'm not much of an album guy these days. Kiss of Death, Rusty Angels, Sick and Tired are the ones I like most.
    What about the RP Jug Band?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Yeah me too, a whole album with Ian Gillan would be cool.

PS that performance of Headless Cross with Sebastien was cool.
    The vocals were re-recorded and touched up. You can hear the difference between the finished song and the audience film.
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 12-07-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

But that video was touched up. Go watch the audience film of that song.
    Can you direct me to the audience filmed version? I can't seem to find it to compare the vocals.