Default Wishing Well ever played live?

I have been listening to Heaven and Hell quite a bit lately and have gained a new appreciation for Wishing Well. I just think it is a tremendous song and was wondering if Black Sabbath or Dio ever played it live. Did it ever happen and is it available anywhere?

Banned

No it was never played live.

It was supposed to be played in 2010 for the 30th anniversary tour but sadly that wasn't meant to be.

No, but it is a great song, really underrated.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Wizard View Post
    No, but it is a great song, really underrated.
    It's a good song...no where near as good as the others (minus Walk Away ofcourse) but then again those songs are so superior to almost any other songs ever made that the comparison is tough to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
    So hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    It's a good song...no where near as good as the others (minus Walk Away ofcourse) but then again those songs are so superior to almost any other songs ever made that the comparison is tough to say the least.
    Walk Away is my least favorite on the album. It is too light and floaty to appeal to me. I like Wishing Well, Die Young, Heaven and Hell, Lady Evil, and Neon Knights the most from the album.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Wizard View Post
    Walk Away is my least favorite on the album. It is too light and floaty to appeal to me.
    Then if you hear that song playing, just walk away!
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

As someone already mentioned, it was supposed to be played during the 2010 tour, but yeah...

'Wishing Well' is a good track & it's always been one of my favorite Dio-era tracks. I agree, 'Walk Away' is definitely the weakest track of that album, if not the entire Dio-era!
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
    I agree, 'Walk Away' is definitely the weakest track of that album, if not the entire Dio-era!
    I would most certainly agree with this.

I love Wishing Well AND Walk Away.

For years I didn't really care for the latter, but as my musical tastes and preferences have evolved over time I've grown to really like the tune. The main riff is pretty great, unlike many other Iommi riffs it has an almost AC/DC-esque vibe. Dio's vocals soar and the melodies are catchy. My favorite part homever is the bluesy bridge that harkens back to their early 70's output.

I've said it before, but I think WW and WA would've fit TE and NSD! like a glove. They are very similar in style and feel to the songs on those two albums.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Wishing Well is very under rated, it's a high energy master piece IMO, Iommi's solo is amazing and all 4 members are in top form, Walk Away is a "commercial" attempt, the most commercial sounding song on the album and any Dio era song. But I like it, it shows they can write top 40 type stuff which isn't as easy as it sounds... and it has a nice mid song heavy break where the solo comes in...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Walk Away is a "commercial" attempt, the most commercial sounding song on the album and any Dio era song. But I like it, it shows they can write top 40 type stuff which isn't as easy as it sounds... and it has a nice mid song heavy break where the solo comes in...
    I may be wrong but I thought Walk away was slated to be the "single" off the album. I vaguely remember a radio commercial back in the day advertising the NEW Black Sabbath album featuring "Walk Away"... and they would play from the song... I'm walking a wire!

I dig this song too Wicked. The break fits the song perfectly. As far as being the worst Dio/Sabb song ever, not even close IMO.

Save your comments. I'm going to start another thread. Should be interesting.

Wishing Well is in my top 3 H&H tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Wishing Well is in my top 3 H&H tracks.

Great song, one of my favs.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I like WW. It's never been my favourite H&H song, though, and I like the mid-section incl. the guitar solo the most.

Ted

I rank it like this:
    1.Children of the sea
    2.Neon Knights
    3.Whishing Well
    ( and the title song is number 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    I rank it like this:
    1.Children of the sea
    2.Neon Knights
    3.Whishing Well
    ( and the title song is number 4)
    I would go with:
    1. Die Young
    2. Heaven & Hell
    3. Wishing Well

Then Lonely Is The Word at number 4.

Wishing Well is a masterpiece imho.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
    Wishing Well is a masterpiece imho.
    It is in my book as well Scorpio.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)