Default Black Sabbath Covering The Beatles?!?

IMO, this is probably not Sabbath.

It was on the end of LA Forum '71 tape for years but I think it was simply another band. Could have happened any number of ways. At some point somebody taped that Sabbath show over something else they had on tape, for example. It does sound a bit like Ozzy yelling but that guitar tone does not sound like Tony.
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

agree. the guitar tone doesnt sound like tony, shame the full clip isnt available because the vocals would be the dead give away
    My Website - www.rdemaree.com

I'd like to see them cover I Want You (She's So Heavy)
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Its just a tape

Black Sabbath played more than 1 show usually.. Plus The Beatles was a big inspiration.. So who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSabbathFan4life View Post
    Black Sabbath played more than 1 show usually.. ?
    Not by '71. It was very rare the band would be doing two or more sets since their earliest days. They played two nights in February at The Forum in 1971. On the 23rd and 24th. They opened for Grand Funk Railroad.

Not sure how this relates to whether or not this is Sabbath anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSabbathFan4life View Post
    Plus The Beatles was a big inspiration.. So who knows?
    I think we're all aware that The Beatles were a huge inspiration to Ozzy, in particular.

The question instead is whether this is Sabbath playing. I don't think it is. And if you listen to the rest of the LA Forum show from February 23, 1971, there is nothing about the guitar sound Iommi was using at that time that has much in common with this brief snippet of somebody covering "Day Tripper."
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Not by '71. It was very rare the band would be doing two or more sets since their earliest days. They played two nights in February at The Forum in 1971. On the 23rd and 24th. They opened for Grand Funk Railroad.

Not sure how this relates to whether or not this is Sabbath anyway.

I think we're all aware that The Beatles were a huge inspiration to Ozzy, in particular.

The question instead is whether this is Sabbath playing. I don't think it is. And if you listen to the rest of the LA Forum show from February 23, 1971, there is nothing about the guitar sound Iommi was using at that time that has much in common with this brief snippet of somebody covering "Day Tripper."
    Brother Jeff , I personally consider it part of my Sabbath collection (I know , it's just who I am) ,, there is a slightly longer version (I know one of my "crazy" facts) .... but anyway , it's not Sabbath , the guitar tone sure ,, but using 2 channel hearing , it's very obvious the recording is split , different "sonics" , different "ambience" , different "crowd pitch" ... God Bless