Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!!

I have already sent a personal Merry Christmas to some of you and I am giving a general one here to all my Sabbath brothers and friends.

May you have an ecstasy filled celebration of the season.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Merry Christmas to one and all... and when I searched for "Black Sabbath Christmas"... I found THIS!

DUUUUUUUUDE!!! Total fun! Who knew "Frosty the Snowman" would fit so good into that song?

Merry Christmas to you Brother and to all members of this blessed place.

Banned

Merry Christmas to all!

Nothing merry about mine, but then again there never has been.

But atleast there's ham...and Ardbeg and a cigar.

Thel my good friend and brother, you've been through a lot this year and came through it, you're a fine man.

A Very Merry CHRISTmas and a Joyous, Prosperous and Happy New Year to you and all on here.

That goes for you too Billy Underdog.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Merry Christmas! Cheers!!
    We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Ding Dong Merrily. i'm high
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Have a happy holidays, and I hope that you get the prezzies you wanted.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Will any BS-fiend ever tell me "Merry Orthodox Christmas"?
    Je morderai et glifflerai tout le monde.

Cheers! Here's to ya Freeyyaa!! Merry "Orthodox" Christmas!!!!
    We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Happy Three Kings' Day, Epiphany and Theophany, the day that was first picked as Jesus' birth in all christianity.
    Before that the last day of the pagan Jól-blót (Yule sacrifice) celebrations. 13th day Jul, as it's now called in Norway, traditionally the day to throw out the christmas tree and "clean out".
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 01-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeyyaa Skogkatt View Post
    Will any BS-fiend ever tell me "Merry Orthodox Christmas"?

A Very Merry Orthodox Christmas to you Freeyyaa, and a Prosperous New Year to you!!!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Happy Yule-time, everybody. Tonight the sun is turning again, and we're going towards yet another summer. P&L

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Happy Yule-time, everybody. Tonight the sun is turning again, and we're going towards yet another summer. P&L
    This is the Christmas thread Silly Billy, you have your own yuletide pagan thread.

If you knew anything about the religion you claim to believe in, you'd know that the church put their holidays to the so-called "pagan" holidays to more easily convince (and in some cases force) people to convert.
    The fact that a person who believe in the bible also believe that Jesus was born in the winter is contradictory, sheep don't get lambs in the wintertime, not even in Palestine.
    Either way, there's only one divinity, and it's almighty, hence all religions is an expression of it.
    As i'm religious i prefer to celebrate the middle of the year the way it was meant, the joy of the divine sun turning, and not believe in the lies of an unreligious organization with greedy self-interests...

P&L, buddy
    Don’t believe everything you hear, read and watch Silly Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    This is the Christmas thread Silly Billy, you have your own yuletide pagan thread.
    Actually, the thread name says happy holidays. And petty name-calling just make you seem... Well, i'll just leave it at that.

Actually, the thread name says happy holidays. And petty name-calling just make you seem... Well, i'll just leave it at that.
    Happy Holidays yes as in the New Year festivities, I’m not name calling anything or anyone, Yuletide is pagan.

Happy Holidays yes as in the New Year festivities
    Did you ask Thel specifically if that's what he meant when he created the thread?

I’m not name calling anything or anyone, Yuletide is pagan.
    I was referring to the continuous use of Silly Billy.

This, people, is called spoon-feeding...

Jethro Tull included "Ring Out Solstice Bells" on their Christmas Album, so it's legit as far as I'm concerned.

And I'll be wishing you all a Merry Christmas on top of that!

Did you ask Thel specifically if that's what he meant when he created the thread?

I was referring to the continuous use of Silly Billy.

This, people, is called spoon-feeding...
    I’m sorry you took it as name calling Billy, I meant it in a friendly way, not calling you names.

I wouldn’t do that.

And back on topic...

Banned

Merry and jolly christmas to everyone....

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate that...

And happy solstice to who like to celebrate the darkness....like me...

Christmas is not a happy time for us lonely people, but I'll have my cigar and my Blanton's so I'll squeeze by...again...how many more though? Not many me thinks...not many.

Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you too brother. You are one of the coolest people on here.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzptm View Post
    Jethro Tull included "Ring Out Solstice Bells" on their Christmas Album, so it's legit as far as I'm concerned.

And I'll be wishing you all a Merry Christmas on top of that!
    LOVE LOVE This song - the ultimate Rock Christmas song!!

A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Had to do some more reading on the whole origin of the Christmas Tree... although ancient peoples had greenery for winter festivals, an entire tree wasn't part of the picture.

Tallinn, Estonia claims the first tree, in 1441. Riga, Latvia has a rival claim, 1510. In both cases, they claim to be the first town to actually go out, get a tree, then prop it up in the town square during the wintertime. There was another tree written about in Freiburg, Germany, but that one might have been a year-round sort of thing to advertise the wares of the local bakers. As for the 1510 tree, it was actually brought in to celebrate the Solstice - but done by Christians. Specifically, a merchants' guild doing a sort of civic "giving back" sort of thing. The Tallinn tree was brought in for a dance.

And while these are the first written records, it is clear that the tradition of trees may have predated them by decades, rather than centuries. So, the tree is a phenomenon that emerged from Christian Europe, but not necessarily for Christmas itself. Instead, the things merged over time.

One story that I rather liked came from Bremen in 1570. The town tree was decorated with nuts, breads, fruits, and other yummy things and the poor were allowed to gather the presents on the tree before the dance started. We could do with a bit more community spirit like that.

Link to kick off your research, should you be interested: http://www.medievalists.net/2014/12/...hristmas-tree/

And, for those who enjoyed the Jethro Tull, here's another:

Tull is an excellent cold-weather band, that's for certain! Their 2003 Christmas Album is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Banned

I just wanna wish everybody here a great time and, if applicable, a good end and a good start and simply all the best, no matter if they are religious and in what way or if they are pagans or atheists.

Many people I know (incl. Christian people) don't have a great time at Christmas, for many reasons (bad family relations and loneliness being one of the most prominent causes). We should also not forget about those who are suffering from war, violence. hunger or bondage.

Personally I don't care about Christmas; for me there's more magic in the end of the old year and start of a new one, but then again it depends on what calendar you follow of course.

Anyway, all the best for all of you and your loved ones.

If you knew anything about the religion you claim to believe in, you'd know that the church put their holidays to the so-called "pagan" holidays to more easily convince (and in some cases force) people to convert.
    The fact that a person who believe in the bible also believe that Jesus was born in the winter is contradictory, sheep don't get lambs in the wintertime, not even in Palestine.
    Either way, there's only one divinity, and it's almighty, hence all religions is an expression of it.
    As i'm religious i prefer to celebrate the middle of the year the way it was meant, the joy of the divine sun turning, and not believe in the lies of an unreligious organization with greedy self-interests...

P&L, buddy
    Was Billy's comment that I am quoting here deleted? I see it only in OID's quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Merry and jolly christmas to everyone....

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate that...

And happy solstice to who like to celebrate the darkness....like me...

Christmas is not a happy time for us lonely people, but I'll have my cigar and my Blanton's so I'll squeeze by...again...how many more though? Not many me thinks...not many.

Charger, it is sad to hear you're lonely, I wish you all the best and that you will find a way out of your loneliness and discover new happiness.

Thinking Of you this Christmas season Charger, hope you find happiness brother, there is always hope, good things come to those who wait.

Merry Christmas to all believers, unbelievers, pagans, the unborn and the dead!

Just a reminder, with Jesus your never alone \m/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbabbath View Post

Charger, it is sad to hear you're lonely, I wish you all the best and that you will find a way out of your loneliness and discover new happiness.
    Thanks! It is what it is....I've gotten used to the loneliness in the past 30 or so years so it doesn't really bother me that much anymore.

Thinking Of you this Christmas season Charger, hope you find happiness brother, there is always hope, good things come to those who wait.
    Thanks, but don't waste good thinking energy on me...There are more deserving people out there than me.

Thanks! It is what it is....I've gotten used to the loneliness in the past 30 or so years so it doesn't really bother me that much anymore.

Thanks, but don't waste good thinking energy on me...There are more deserving people out there than me.
    You're deserving Charger, you're a good friend here on these forums, always respectful.

Banned

You're deserving Charger, you're a good friend here on these forums, always respectful.
    Well thank you for the kind words...but you are in the minority with your thoughts here though...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you , BSO members !

Hey Charger , my friend , Always be very surprised to see your way, finnish people, to celebrate Christmas and the part you give to these celebrations, but as a proud Finnish man , what do you think of this unexpected meeting. Here, we see something promising.

is it a traditional Christmas song ?
    What does Marco say to the public about Tarja, in the end, and does he seem to tell him?
    a lot of speculation about the specialized sites here, Tarja seems to be uncomfortable ...

Have a great soirée , mate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TYR66 View Post
    Hey Charger , my friend , Always be very surprised to see your way, finnish people, to celebrate Christmas and the part you give to these celebrations, but as a proud Finnish man , what do you think of this unexpected meeting. Here, we see something promising.

is it a traditional Christmas song ?
    What does Marco say to the public about Tarja, in the end, and does he seem to tell him?
    a lot of speculation about the specialized sites here, Tarja seems to be uncomfortable ...

Have a great soirée , mate.

He seems to say It's been a long time...too long...Thank you Tarja for doing this...or something along those lines...it's really hard to make out with all the cheering going on...Frankly knowing how high on the bitch scale Tarja is I'm sure she's rather uncomfortable with the idea of Marco trying to make peace...

This is something of a traditional christmas song here I believe...frankly I don't know as I really don't like christmas songs!

The main theme of Christmas is love, peace and thankfulness. God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that we could have love and peace in Him in this world, so that we could have eternal life through Him. God loved us first and Christ did everything for us, so let's try to love our fellow people as best as we can and do good things for them.

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    The main theme of Christmas is love, peace and thankfulness. God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that we could have love and peace in Him in this world, so that we could have eternal life through Him. God loved us first and Christ did everything for us, so let's try to love our fellow people as best as we can and do good things for them.

For God so loved the Earth that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth In him shall have everlasting life and not perish.

Amen brother, Merry Christmas to you.

He seems to say It's been a long time...too long...Thank you Tarja for doing this...or something along those lines...it's really hard to make out with all the cheering going on...Frankly knowing how high on the bitch scale Tarja is I'm sure she's rather uncomfortable with the idea of Marco trying to make peace...

This is something of a traditional christmas song here I believe...frankly I don't know as I really don't like christmas songs!
    I didn't know this detestable reputation of the diva but her discomfort is more than perceptible. thanks for the clarifications, Charger