Banned

Default HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL LIVE!!!!

Hard to believe it's been 10 years already since this stellar live album/dvd was released...

Considering all that happened before the show (the union problems, lack of a proper soundcheck, Ronnie's flu) it is somewhat of a miracle how incredible it turned out...still easily the best Sabbath live DVD.

The band was on fire and the sold out Radio City Music Hall was a beautiful venue and the perfect place to film this.

The set list was a monster for this tour as well...lots of rareties including After All (The Dead), Lady Evil, The Sign Of The Southern Cross, Voodoo, Lonely Is The Word and this monster:

FALLING OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD

which had only been played a few times live during the very early stages of The Mob Rules tour back in 1981.

This remains a brilliant testament of the live power of the greatest line up of the greatest band ever! A true classic moment in history.
    Last edited by Charger; 08-28-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Thumbsup

Yeah! Great blu ray release as well. Wish they would release the "Neon nights 30 years of heaven & hell" DVD on blu. My collection is begging for that one. Although unlike some... I prefer the radio city show.

I was there! The crowd was in awe from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Hard to believe it's been 10 years already since this stellar live album/dvd was released...

Considering all that happened before the show (the union problems, lack of a proper soundcheck, Ronnie's flu) it is somewhat of a miracle how incredible it turned out...still easily the best Sabbath live DVD.

The band was on fire and the sold out Radio City Music Hall was a beautiful venue and the perfect place to film this.

The set list was a monster for this tour as well...lots of rareties including After All (The Dead), Lady Evil, The Sign Of The Southern Cross, Voodoo, Lonely Is The Word and this monster:

FALLING OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD

which had only been played a few times live during the very early stages of The Mob Rules tour back in 1981.

This remains a brilliant testament of the live power of the greatest line up of the greatest band ever! A true classic moment in history.
    Yes always been so thankful this thing exists. I can't count the number of times I've watched and listened to it. I much prefer it to the Wackan show. Still I wish there would be a release of Dio in prime voice with Sabbath someday soon. I mean Ronnie sounds great but not his peak.

I was so glad to have gotten this set, and even more glad after RJD passed away. A great testament to his vocal power and the greatness when in combination with the rest of the H&H band.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zzzptm View Post
    I was so glad to have gotten this set, and even more glad after RJD passed away. A great testament to his vocal power and the greatness when in combination with the rest of the H&H band.
    I couldn't agree more.

Charger, many thanks for creating this thread! I literally screamed when I first read the tracklist of this DVD and album and noticed it featured LITW, FOTEOTW, the complete SOTSC and finally the complete AA(TD) with its great intro! So dark and slow, YES! Lonely is the Word is a hell of a performance, soooooo heavy and beautiful at the same time. Absolutely amazing!

The only thing that I miss on this album (like on any other Dio era live recording, official or unofficial, before 2009) is the fantastic lead guitar melody played on the studio recording before the first verse of Die Young. I was all the more happy when I found that the missing melody was finally played live by Tony in 2009, as evidenced by the Neon Nights live album and countless bootlegs.

This, while I do keep missing Ronnie and this line-up, I am really glad about the last live albums they gave us.