Post Metal Massacre Compilation Albums

Came across these while trying to find something different to listen to, the albums that came around in the 80's that had tracks by Metallica, Slayer, etc. along with the other Metal acts of the time. So to the best of my ability I recreated some of these as playlists on YouTube. Enjoy.

Metal Massacre (1982)
    Metal Massacre II (1982)
    Metal Massacre III (1983)
    Metal Massacre IV (1983)
    Metal Massacre V (1984)
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Of just those 5 you listed - there are 14 total from '82 - '16 - I consider #2 as the best.

While I discovered 1, 2 & 4 through the early days of the net, I first discovered Metal Massacre III in 1986 by complete chance. It was only $2.75 and was in a thrift store pile of records, stuffed between an album by The Four Tops and Barry Manilow. Compilation vinyls were a very significant item before the digital universe. Great way to discover new bands, which it did for me.

While I do not consider #3 as the best, it was how I discovered one of my all time favorite Metal acts, Warlord. It was a worthy introduction since it was the epic and masterful powerhouse Mrs. Victoria. Heard that cut yet? #2 also contains Warlord, in the form of their best song, Lucifer's Hammer.

Great releases though. Have you heard any of the later pressings, 6 - 14?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Dalby View Post
    Of just those 5 you listed - there are 14 total from '82 - '16 - I consider #2 as the best.

While I discovered 1, 2 & 4 through the early days of the net, I first discovered Metal Massacre III in 1986 by complete chance. It was only $2.75 and was in a thrift store pile of records, stuffed between an album by The Four Tops and Barry Manilow. Compilation vinyls were a very significant item before the digital universe. Great way to discover new bands, which it did for me.

While I do not consider #3 as the best, it was how I discovered one of my all time favorite Metal acts, Warlord. It was a worthy introduction since it was the epic and masterful powerhouse Mrs. Victoria. Heard that cut yet? #2 also contains Warlord, in the form of their best song, Lucifer's Hammer.

Great releases though. Have you heard any of the later pressings, 6 - 14?
    I've been busy lately, but I will return eventually to the later ones. It's pretty cool listening to the one off tracks to some of the bands that are disbanded at this point.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss